For the Dragons

Fire Starter grumbled at Zairee under his breath in his mind. He saw Adriel approach and perked up, instantly knowing what the supplies meant.

Zairee laughed as Fire Starter's demeanor changed instantly acting just like he had laughed at Neema for. He expressed his happiness with little roars and bursts of smoke from his mouth. Zairee joined Adriel atop the dragon and assited in the oiling making sure to get all the dead scales off to not let him get any itchier. It took longer for him because he was larger than Neema. She sat watching them as he rolled to his side she too laughed at his sounds.

Fire Starter rumbled in pleasure as he felt them oil him and remove the dead scales.

Oh, I feel like a great king!

He growled with pleasure and rolled to the side. He could feel Zairee move up to his head to stroke it as Adriel moved to finish his stomach.

Zairee hugged him as she was done with his head.

And you are... one that needs to get his butt into gear if he expects to be a worthy opponent at the mating flight.

Neema laughed and Adriel looked over at the dragons as they all talked in silence

Fire Starter sent out waves of disgruntlement and embarassment as Neema laughed.

That was....uncalled for.

He bumped her with his nose.

Zairee giggled touching her forehead to his nose.

sorry

Adriel packed up his stuff and looked up at the sun. "I need to get back to my family. I hope to see you all soon." he said bowing to the dragons once more. Zairee walked over to him handing him a scale. "I've heard of their magical powers... keep one for good luck." she smiled. He touched his finger beneath her chin. "I'll miss you most." she blushed as he smiled and headed back towards town. She watched after him and turned to see the watchful gaze of the pair of dragons.

Okay... that's enough. ​she laughed

Fire Starter stared at her after the elves exchange. He stood, shaking himself.

Do you like that elf?

He asked innocently.

Zairee shrugged feeling suddenly flushed in the face.

We dont have time for that.

she said with scrunching her nose at the dragon.

We gonna train? She asked laughing.

He growled at her before he turned to look at Neema.

Obviously she does, Fire Starter....for a great dragon you are so dense...

Fire Starter sent an impression of him sticking out his tongue.

You are a mean female sometimes Neema!

Neema rolled her eyes, turning her back on them and walking away.

You know nothing of females...

Zairee looked at the dragon and nodded towards Fire Starter who seemed to furrow his eyes at her. She giggled shrugging knowing the female dragon was right. She did like Adriel... any one could see that. He was different than the other male elves that had shunned her and her family. He saw her... for her, and that made her feel different. She was fearful of the unknown when it came to him.

Do you like her? Zairee asked interested in his answer.

Fire Starter snorted.

Of course. Our families raised us together and she has grown into a beautiful female.

She pat his foreleg and smiled.

Well then we're going to have to get you ready for her.

She waited until he had bent down and was ready for her before she jumped up onto his back. She smiled at the instant connection to him she got this time as he took to the sky his large wings flapping causing an audible swoosh in the wind. The wind blew her hair around angrily as they got further up into the sky but she welcomed it enjoying the feel of freedom up in the sky.

Fire Starter took off into the air at her bidding and flew around lazily.

She did as he asked when in the sky. This was his territory and she needed to learn how to be a rider and in tune with everything her dragon said.

He dove, rising again into the sky before flying in circles slowly.

When we are in the air, you are my eyes for activity down below.

Zairee nodded scanning the ground. She was surprised that she could see well even from the sky. Within the forest she saw a group of deer. Further west when flying over she saw a pack of wolves emerging from a cavernous entrance. She was sure that some day there would be more than just animals to see, much darker things.

Fire Starter let loose a belch of flame.

It should be quiet today since there are so many dragons about.

Zairee concentrated on being comfortable on flight. The churning in her stomach with his swooping was no longer bothering her. Fire Starter hovered high in the sky in one single spot.

Hold on.

Zairee tightened her hold on the dragon and leaned down close to him as he dead dropped swirling in a full vertical drop down towards the earth. When they got close to the tree tops he lifted upwards vertically flying upwards this time. When he leveled out she squealed.

​That was amazing!!

Fire Starter did all of that and laughed when she squealed as a reaction.

Are you feeling better with flying with a rider ?

she asked as they glided through the sky.