For the Dragons

Fire Starter looked up from his slumber at Zairee spoke. He nodded and put out a flame that caught the edge of the basin to heat the water quickly. He then stood and stretched, walking over to her with his scales jingling. He watched as she put use to the water and she moved around lithely, making him jealous of her smaller body.

Was it hot enough for you?

He asked, watching as she nodded and smiled at him.

She finished with the water and walked out of the barn.

All right . Let's get started then yeah?

She was excited to commence with more exigent training. Now that she had been situated into the barn she could focus on training

Fire Starter followed, his wings outspread. He flapped them, trying to warm his blood and large scales.

Very well then. What would you like to start?

She giggled towards him.

As if I'd know! You're the instructor. I'm merely a rider

He laughed, his mouth wide and his scales clattering like many bells.

Very well said. Let us work on meditation...

Zairee found herself happy to hear the first thing they would focus on was meditation. She had spent many days on tree branches feeling the earth pulse alive. She sat cross legged on the ground and breathed slowly clearing her mind of all distractions and meditating

Fire Starter sat beside her.

Feel through the bond we share...focus on that bond...imagine you can feel my scales, claws, teeth and wings upon your own body...

Zairee continued to breathe slowly focusing on his voice... on his proximity. Somewhere deep within her being she felt a pull. She gave in to whatever feeling that was and slid deep into meditation. She could hear nothing other than him, his breathing and could feel nothing but scales, claws, massive teeth and wings. She dare not open her eyes knowing it would break this link

Fire Starter chuckled.

Through the length of our bond you can see through my eyes, feel my claws, and feel my teeth.

Zairee focused hard on his voice a new unraveling occurring deep within the confines of her core. Her brain buzzed with awareness. Fire Starter watched her as she moved slowly her fingers stretching the sensation of claws. Her jaw tightened in response to the consciousness of his teeth. Wherever she was in her mind she was surprised she had unlocked it and now knew she could go there when need be. Her mind held great power.

Fire Starter opened his eyes to watch her, knowing instinctively she could feel what he did. He opened his wings and flapped them once.

Now that you have unlocked that part of you, you may join me in your first flight. I shall not let you fall, so let no fear consume you.

She opened her eyes being able to see through her own eyes or his. She smiled seeing herself through his eyes. She stood nodding her head to him. She trusted him completely. They were one now.

He lay down so she could climb on his back. His scales clattered invitingly and he opened his mouth to yawn.

Come and we will tour the skies!

Zairee obliged and hopped up onto his back getting comfortable and knowing she would do well. She released all tension and smiled feeling the rush of anticipation and excitement.

Let's do this!

Fire Starter rumbled, moving to his feet and spreading his wings. He flapped them a few times, warming the blood and getting ready for flight. He hopped into the air, his wings straining to get his form into the skies.

Oh my, I have grown fat!

Zairee burst into a fit of giggles.

Maybe it's the elf sitting atop you now?

She barreled down against him feeling a rush much like that of a rollercoaster. It swung deep down into her stomach and the rush made her smile

Fire Starter chuckled and shook his head, his scales tinkling in amusement.

No, I have grown lazy walking on the ground for so long....

He grumbled, his wings allowing him to gain height. Before long, he was several feet above the ground, the roof of the barn was past and beginning to disappear.

She looked back towards the ground and her amazement felt no fear. As they raised in height above the ground she felt at home and when they cleared the tops of trees she lifted her hands up off of the security of his scales. She squealed with glee and when her small exciting moment was done her hands returned to his back

We should definitely do this more often!

When they had reached a high altitude she gasped at the sight of the town and how it looked like a tiny speck and the forests that she had never ventured more than a few acres into the area the elders had deemed safe. They looked like they extended forever... A dark mountainous region was south of the town. It looked dead, and uninviting. She looked around and saw some other dragons lifting their own riders for the first time as well. She smiled feeling successful as they were many stories higher than the others. She thrived in feeling his wings as if they were her own. There was much strength within them although as he had stated, settling for walking had hindered their power. Soon he would be back to his optimum strength. She closed her eyes opening them once more and seeing through his eyes. Her eyes did the valley no justice.