(For Hexania) Time is ticking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legion laughed, the first time she'd heard him laugh before.

"I'll teach you while we travel," he said. "And I don't think it should take that long to get the hang of the fire spell; it's one of the simpler ones."

It made him happy to see her so excited and joyful; if he was honest with himself, it was the first time he'd actually enjoyed anything thoroughly in a long time. People didn't usually want to travel with him, though they were often happy to pay him for helping them out with something.

"Ah, um, but you asked where I was going..." he says, feeling the happy feeling dampen slightly. "I'm going to...well..." He sighed.

"I know this might sound ridiculous, and I don't pretend to be some sort of hero. But I guess the only way to put it is that I'm trying to save the world..."

Hex was a little shocked to hear him laugh but she couldn't help but smile because it was an incredible pleasant sound.

Hex nodded quickly. "Okay!" She replied with joy. She couldn't believe she was going to travel... To learn magic!

Her excitement died down a little as he explained his situation a little. "Save the world?" She said silently. She sat still and gave him a puzzled look. "What's wrong with the world? Things are peaceful enough here... And why you?" She continued. Her curiosity never ended. She always wanted answers.

"Well, there's nothing wrong with the world just yet. There might be soon, though," he replies.

"And me, because...well, my mentor and I are the only ones who knew, and well, my mentor is a lot older than me. So old he can hardly walk, much less quest. So...it's kinda up to me. He gave me all his magical equipment, and I've learned a lot so far, being out in the world...but this is my first quest, if I'm honest. I was pretty much thrown out and wished good luck, because it was either I go or...y'know. Bad stuff."

He sighs. "It hasn't exactly been fun, and there have been so many times where I wished I had someone to travel with...with no loved ones except a dying mentor, and nobody even around me most of the time, travelling along a deserted dirt road, that's about the loneliest someone can feel...thank you for coming along, Hex." His eyes flick to hers for a quick moment before darting down to the couch again, and he has a grateful, shy smile on his face.

Hex sat back quietly as she listened to his story. Her heart ached for this young man who has to deal with so much on his own.

Although she had already realized that there would be danger, which seemed to be worse than she had first thought, she didn't mind. She was happy knowing that she was going to be able to keep him company so he wouldn't have to be alone anymore.

Hex couldn't help herself, she leaned forward and hugged Legion tight. "Its an honor to travel with you, Legion. You won't have to be alone anymore" she said softly as she gently stroked his hair for a moment.

She was determined that, come hell or high water, she was going to help him in any way possible. She was going to study hard to become a powerful Mage like she felt he was so she wouldn't be in the way but also so she could keep him safe if he ever needed it. Hex didn't want him to have to go through any of his journey alone anymore.

Reactions: Legion
Legion was blushing but happily, and his eyes might have been getting a bit watery at her words. He didn't know what to say, because he'd never felt like someone cared this much for him since he'd lived with his family. Which was...so long ago.

He didn't know how this could happen between them after only knowing each other for a few hours...but he didn't really care right now either.

He didn't cry though.

No, however much it seemed like he started crying while he was hugging her tightly back, he didn't.

Definitely not.

Reactions: Hexania
After holding onto him for a moment longer, Hex let go and sat back on the couch as she was before. She continued to watch him with adoring eyes.

"So... When would you like to leave?" She finally asked as she fiddled with the arm of the couch after a few moments of silence. She didn't mean to hug him so suddenly but she didn't know how to stop herself. She couldn't understand why she would care so much for this young man's happiness when they had only recently met.

Hex blushed a little and looked down at the floor. She had suddenly felt silly for her sudden burst of emotion.

Legion gave a quiet sniffle and quickly wiped his eyes, his face still a bit red, smiling both to himself and at Hex.

"I don't know...you should probably pack some stuff before we go...and leaving in the morning after a good night's rest sounds good to me right now..." he replied.

He seemed to be in a state of light emotional shock, and after saying these things didn't really do much but stare in the general direction of Hex and try to pretend that he didn't just cry. He gave another small sniffle.

Hex stood up with a smile, "the sounds like a good plan. Make yourself at home," she said, "I'm going to start packing a few things so I don't forget them."

Hex walked out of the main area and went into her room and left the door cracked a little. She grabbed one of her bags and started tossing in some clothing and items that could be used along the way.
She smiled to herself as she thought about the adventure ahead and the man she would be traveling with. It was all a dream come true for her. She was leaving... Hex was finally leaving the village. She couldn't help by feel a little sad though... As much as she hated the daily routine, it was still part of her.

Hex couldn't let that bring her down now. She wanted to make sure she got everything ready for her adventure... The she didn't leave anything behind that she would need.

When Hex came back out of her room, she found Legion almost asleep lying against the arm of the couch. The opening of the door startled him awake, and his head gave a little jerk of surprise before he sat back up and yawned. He hadn't realized how tired he was, but after a meal and a soft couch, he was finding it difficult not to fall asleep right there.

"S..sorry," he said, covering his mouth. "I should probably go and find an inn somewhere..." He stood up from the couch, rubbing the side of his head a little.

Hex laughed and shook her head. "No, please feel free to stay the night here. We will be traveling together as of tomorrow... I don't think it would hurt for you to spend one night in my home" she assured him as she walked into the kitchen and poured herself some juice. "Would you like anything?" she asked as she looked at Legion.

Her house was small but she always had plenty to spare. "Also, let me get you a blanket" she said as she walked into her room and came back out with a dark red blanket pillow.

"I guess that is a fair point..." Legion concedes.

"No thank you, that's all right. I'll be just fine...maybe tomorrow morning." he smiles exhaustedly.

When Hex gives Legion the pillow and blanket, he arranges them on the couch and lays down, sighing contentedly. "Thank you again...you're so kind. I'm glad I met you..." He closes his eyes, and within a few minutes, his breathing slows slightly and he gets a slight smile on his face, and Hex knows he's asleep.

Hex smiles as she watches him for just a moment, brushing his short hair back with her fingertips. She was amazed at how much more peaceful he appeared while he was asleep.

"Goodnight, Legion" she whispers softly as she rid of the lights in the room and went into her own room and changed into her sleep shirt. She crawled into bed and smiled a little as she closed her eyes... She was going on a quest.

The next morning, Legion wakes before the sun rises. Getting to bed early helped, but this was natural instinct; ever since he'd started living with his mentor, he'd been trained to do this so he could make the most of every day.

For several moments, he had no clue where he was, but then he remembered. He had a companion. He smiled to himself with joy.

He stretched silently, then stood up from the couch, rubbing his eyes, which were still a little drowsy, and gave a quiet, breathy yawn.

Hex stirred in bed a little as she heard movement in the other room. She yawned and reluctantly got up, stretch with a groan.

She put on some clothes and shuffled out into the kitchen for a drink. She hasn't even noticed Legion. Hex wasn't a morning person. She even avoided any kind of morning work to keep from getting up early.

However slight the noise, knowing someone was in her house woke up up. With another yawn, she slurrd out a "g'morning" to Legion as she went back into her room

"Good morning," Legion replied, a little sleepily, and smiled.

He looked down and realized he'd slept in his clothes, without taking anything off. No wonder he felt so odd. He straightened his pendants and readjusted the rest of his jewelry quickly, then leaned over and picked up his small bag. Hex noticed he reached in his pocket, feeling to make sure something was still there, and apparently it was.

"How soon will you be ready to leave?" he asked her with slight concern, noting that she didn't seem all that travel-worthy right now.

Hex came back out of the room, brushing her hair out with heavy eyes. "We can leave in just a little bit. We should have some breakfast before we set out. Let me make me some food for us and then we can be on our way" she mumbled as she walked into the kitchen.

She stopped brushing her hair and started making some food. Chopping up some fresh fruits and making oatmeal. Hex glanced back at Legion occasionally.

When she was finished with the food she set down a bowl for each of them on the table with a glass of juice and turned to Legion. "What is it that you're keeping in your pocket?" she inquired, drinking her juice.

Legion's stomach rumbled audibly, and he blushed in embarrassment. "Thank you for the food," he said as she set it down, and he sat down next to it.

At her question he blinked. "Oh...well, it's something my mentor gave to me. He said that it was a very powerful magical object, and that he hoped it would help me, but he'd never been able to make it work. He hoped I could, but I haven't had much luck either...I've tried speaking all kinds of activation spells over it, but nothing ever happens."

He pulled out a small silver coin, but it didn't look like any coin she'd ever seen. It was clearly foreign, and looked ancient as well. "I guess I'll keep trying while we travel, but I doubt anything I do will make it work...maybe it has to have some other object along with it to work, or it only works in a certain place. Heck, maybe it's just lost its power." He shrugs.

She smiled at him, "you're welcome." She then blew on the spoon and took a bite of her food.

Hex tilted her head to the side and examined the coin closely. "Maybe you're just not saying the right words?" she said as she looked at him and then back at the coin. She pondered many things, not really sure what advice to offer since she didn't know any magic.

"I'm sure you will figure it out eventually." Hex continued playing with her food as she looked up at Legion every once in awhile. "So after we eat, is there anything we need to get before he set off?" Hex took another bite from the bowl. "I will have to let some people know I am leaving.. But other than that I think I have everything I need right here in a bag."

"Maybe...but then I would be just as stuck, because I've tried all the phrases I can think of..." he says, pocketing the coin again.

"Ummm...I think I'm good," he said. "I have most of my stuff right here in my bag. If you can bring food that won't spoil, that will be useful, but otherwise I think we'll be good to leave right away, at least after you've taken care of all of the things you need to." He looked up at her every once in a while from his soup as well, blushing lightly and looking away whenever their eyes met.

Hex shrugged. "Oh well, give it time.." She finished eating and set her bowl aside, getting up to go back to the kitchen and grabbed another bag from the cabinet and start packing foods such as jerky and some fruits that would last a while for the journey.

"Well.. Let's head out" she murmured as she grabbed her other bag and picked up the one in the kitchen and hung them over her shoulder. "I will talk to the people as we head along our way." Hex sighed as she look back at her little hut. She couldn't believe she was actually going to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.