(For Hexania) Time is ticking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legion held her tightly, not saying anything. He stood there, holding her in his arms, for several minutes, letting her cry. He didn't know what she saw, he didn't control it, and he wasn't sure if he should be concerned at her reaction. But that was one of the lower things on his mind at the moment.

Impulsively, he drew back from her a little, looking her in the eyes (without trying to avoid her gaze). And then he leaned forward and kissed her, without really thinking. A small part of his brain was screaming to stop and think, but it was drowned out by the emotional tsunami that was happening in his mind at that moment.

She was taken aback by his sudden motion. She didn't know what to do or feel. Though she wasn't sure what to do or how to handle things at the moment, she didn't care. Hex tightened her grip on the back of his robes and pressed her lips tighter against his.

Hex had never kissed anyone before. She didn't know if she was doing it right or if her actions were even acceptable but she did know that she felt strongly that it was right. Even though his past saddened her, Hex was happy with him.

Legion felt her return the kiss, and it was like everything was right for him. Suddenly he wasn't so worried about the quest, or even whether he was doing something right or wrong. He was just happy the way things were. His arms around her, his hand gently supporting the back of her head, he kissed her more deeply, more lovingly.

Neither of them noticed the small, gold magical sparks coming off of both of them...or the very slight glow surrounding them.

As he kissed her deeper, Hex moved her arms up to around his neck and stepped up onto her toes a little more, returning the depth of his kiss with her own.

She couldn't get herself to break away from him. She had never felt like this before. Something about him made her have a brighter outlook on things.

After almost five minutes, Legion slowly broke their kiss, looking into her eyes again and smiling, making it clear how happy he was.

He looked past her face, then, and saw the magic, and didn't seem upset. However, he asked: "Um, Hex...?"

She smiled a little as she glanced up at him, slowly moving her hands back down to his back. "Yes... Legion?" she said softly.

Hex was still a little shocked as to what happened. She hadn't expected anything like that to happen... Especially not so soon. She hadn't noticed the magic around her at all, she was too focused on his face.

He looks back into her eyes deeply for a moment, then decides it's better left for a later time and, smiling, he leans in and kisses her again, stroking his left hand through her hair and down her back.

He breaks again after about two minutes, and he has the happiest look she's ever seen on his face. "I..." He closes his mouth, then opens it to speak again. "I think I love you, and it's only been a day..." He blushes a ridiculous amount. "Is that bad?"

She opened her mouth and then shut it right away. Love? She stepped back a little and looked at the ground. Hex didn't know what to say.
She wasn't even sure what love felt like. "I..." was all she could say as she stood there, staring at him.

Was what she was feeling love? Hex became suddenly nervous. She studied his face, the joy he had. She wanted him to be happy, she cared about him and what happened to him as well.

She stepped back to him and put her arms back around him and buried her face in his chest. "I don't really know what love is, to tell you the truth" she mumbled against him. "But... I think what I feel may be love for you too" Hex blushed immensely as she buried her face against him. All of these feelings.. All of the emotions. They were all coming so fast and they were new to her.

Legion regretted saying that, as soon as she stepped away. He'd managed to push things too far, once again, of course...

He watched her, the anticipation of waiting to hear what she had to say tearing him apart. He just knew she was going to tell him to slow down...that actually made sense, as much as he wished it didn't. What he was feeling didn't make sense...why should he try to act like it did?

He almost collapsed with relief when she came back and pressed herself to him. He put his arms around her gently and held her close, listening to what she said...and he'd thought he couldn't get any happier.

He didn't want this to end, but he realized that they were, after all, standing almost in the middle of nowhere, not travelling. Wishing he wasn't, he pulled away a little, running his hand through her hair one last time. "Well...that makes me really happy...I don't really know what I'm doing either though," he admitted. "I guess we'll just have to see where it goes..." He gave her a slight smile. "But for now maybe we should keep walking?"

Hex laughed a little and smiled with a nod. Everything happened so fast she almost wondered if it had even happened at all. She chuckled lightly as she, too, came to the realization that everything just happened in the middle of no where. She reached up and kissed him one more time before taking his hand and lacing her fingers in with his as they continued back on their path. She didn't want to let go of him. She was scared that if she let go of him for a moment that he would disappear.

After they had been walking for about ten minutes Hex finally spoke. "So.." she murmured, "when do I get to learn magic?" she continued as she looked up at him with a smile.

Legion happily accepted the kiss, and gently took her proffered hand. He walked, not really being able to think about anything but her. Her question interrupts his thoughts, though the interruption was not unwelcome considering the source.

"Well, if you can concentrate well enough while you're walking, I guess I could teach you now..." he says, able to guess what her response would be and smiling slightly before she even gives it.

"Hmnn.." she ponders whether or not she could concentrate on anything but him at the moment. She shrugged, "I guess we could wait until we stop if we aren't too tired by then" she decided with a smile.

Hex was happy, scared, and sad all at the same time. Leaving the village was the best thing that had ever happened to her so far so it didn't even bother her but she had now begun to think about everything she had seen about his past. What happened to his family, his somewhat harsh mentor... Everything about it saddened her. She was also scared of her sudden feelings for him. They were new and scary. Yet even with everything going through her head, she had never been happier than she was right then.

Legion wasn't feeling quite so scared. He was dazed, mostly because so much had happened between them in so little time. He had a travel companion...and a friend...and she was even a little more than that, though he wasn't quite sure exactly what that was yet. He was happier than he'd been in a very long time, thanks to those things.

He was nervous for the same reason; it was a little too good to be true, and even though he couldn't quite understand how, he felt like maybe this was the universe playing a huge joke on him and that all of this might just get ripped away from him at any moment. Unconsciously, he gripped Hex's hand a little tighter.

"All right," he responded. "What would you want to learn first? I know you seemed interested in the fire spell."

Hex felt him squeeze her hand tighter so she squeezed his a little more in a reassuring manner.

She pondered his question for a moment. "Uh... Well fire for sure. What... What kinds of magic are there? This is still new to me so I wouldn't even know where to begin... We should start wherever you think would be best" she said happily.

"I think that seems like an okay place to start," he says. "Probably destructive stuff is easiest to learn...because if you end up messing up, all you'll do is NOT destroy something. But you don't wanna mess up a healing spell, that's a little more dangerous." He smiles a little.

Her eyes grew bright. She was becoming more and more excited to learn magic. There were so many kinds and she wanted to learn them all as soon as she could. She was telling the truth when she told him that she would study and practice as hard as she could.

"Yes, let's start with destruction then" she laughed. Hex wondered how she was even going to learn the magic... And where. She was sure it would have to be away from people but she wasn't sure how populated the other areas were.

Eventually it started to become dark, and it didn't look like they were going to be making it to a town that night.

"I guess we should set up camp here," said Legion. "You can cook, probably better than me, anyways...so could you take the food out and figure out what we'll be having, please? I'll go collect some wood for a fire." He took half a step back, then stopped, looked at her, and leaned over, kissing her cheek. With that, he smiled and started walking away towards some nearby trees.

Hex nodded and smiled at him as he walked away. After he disappeared into the woods she crouched down at where he left her and set the bags down. She started rummaging through the back with food and set out ingredients for a simple soup.

She sat patiently on the ground as she waited for Legion to return with the wood.

Legion returned dragging two fair-sized logs along the ground. He smiled at her as he set them down, then went back, three times more in total, bringing back several smaller logs, twigs, and kindling.

"That should be enough," he says.

Hex smiled and looked up at him after she arranged the logs to start a fire. "Perhaps" she said pointing at the pile, "you could help me light this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.