(For Hexania) Time is ticking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legion followed silently, not really talking all that much, but he seemed happy. He walked a little closer to Hex than he had on the way there, and his hand felt more relaxed, she noticed, as she held it. He scanned around some of the time, looking at the scenery, but also glanced at Hex occasionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hex smiled as they walked on. She was so happy to have met someone that wasn't just your average villager. She still wanted to ask so many things but decided to hold off given Legion's last reaction.

She stopped as they entered the small restaurant and looked for somewhere to sit. She held onto his hand until she found a table and sat down. Again she ignored the murmuring of the villagers and their confused looks. She knew they would continue to judge people until they got to knew them. It was just how the people were.

Hex crossed her legs patiently as she glanced at the menu for a moment and then back up at Legion. "Order whatever you would like, the meal is on me" she stated as she went back to scanning the piece of paper for what she wanted to eat.

Legion blushed as the villagers murmured. He was used to it...but he was also used to being alone. He imagined it looked pretty odd to the villagers for him to be holding hands and walking around with a girl who he'd never met before today, and one who was part of their village to boot.

He sat down across from her, and started looking through the menu calmly, until he heard the last phrase she spoke.

"You don't have to do that, I can pay for myself, it's all right..." he says, not one to accept free things willingly.

Hex laughed and shook her head. "No, you are a guest here and I invited you out so it is my treat. I get a discount anyway since I help fun the kitchen sometimes" she said with a wink.

She put her menu down with a sigh, "they never change it up" she complained as she motioned for the young waitress. "Can we start with drinks? I will have... House wine." Hex said as she gently twitched her foot. She rolled her eyes as the waitress turned cautiously towards Legion. "He's here with me" Hex snapped, "we treat our guests with respect."

Legion was not entirely used to being stood up for, and continued to blush, feeling half flattered and half mortified, not knowing whether to thank Hex or assure her it was unnecessary.

"I'll um...have some water..." he said timidly to the waitress, deciding to do neither. "And if it's all right that I order my food as well, some vegetable soup," he added.

Hex leaned back in her chair slightly and smiled a little, "And I will have the same" she said calmly.

After the waitress left with the orders Hex shook her head, "they are all so cautious of anyone and anything new... They shouldn't be so quick to judge new comers" she murmured as she twisted a spoon in her hand.

"So... Where are you headed to?" she finally asked after moment of silence.

"Headed to...?" he asks. "Oh...oh." He frowns slightly, and gives a discreet sigh. His finger taps away on the table while he looks from the window to the other people to the kitchen to Hex's eyes, from which they quickly flick away each time.

"It's...probably not something that should be discussed in public," he says finally.

Hex tilts her head to the side and examines Legion's face carefully. "Hmnn... Okay. After our meal then?" She asked as the waitress came and set the drinks and food on the table.

She reached for her glass and slowly took a sip of the wine as she continued to watch the young man in front of her. She didn't understand why it wouldn't be mentioned in public but she shrugged it off for the time being and began to eat her soup.

"Okay...I'll tell you after we eat." he nods, thanking the waitress and drinking some of the water he'd been brought.

Legion waited a while before resuming conversation. "So...this town is fairly small. I've noticed that you ah...seem a bit frustrated with that. Have you ever wondered about what you might do beyond chores or singing?" he asked, looking intensely at his shoe.

"Sounds like a plan" she said with a small smile.

Hex hesitated for a moment and shuffled in the chair as she stared at her soup. She took a small bite and then wiped her mouth gently with a napkin. "I do hate the daily routine but... I wouldn't even know where to begin when it comes to leaving the town" she said with quiet sigh. Hex picked up her glass and studied it for a moment as she continued in thought.

"I don't know what I would do... I have yet to leave this town even once in my twenty-two years of life. I don't have the funds to travel far and I wouldn't know where to go... So I just never left" she continued, taking a large swig from her glass and putting it back on the table.

Hex kept her eyes low. She was ashamed of herself for always complaining about the town she lived in but never taking a step towards leaving. It hadn't even dawned on her until this new comer pointed it out. It almost irritated her but she couldn't help but smile to herself.

Hex felt a hand on hers. "You don't need to feel bad about it," said Legion, smiling comfortingly. "It's understandable. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some people who were eighty years or more who've never left."

He hesitates, then continues. "If you could leave, how much would you want to?"

She smiled at him with soft eyes, squeezing his hand gently and then pulling back, crossing her arms over her chest and looking away as she blushed a little.

"I... I'm not sure. Of course I want to leave but... I worry about the villagers too. I embrace new things that they fear. How would they get along with new-comers if I were to leave? They wouldn't accept anyone." she said quickly but then looked down for a moment.
"It isn't my responsibility to look after everyone though.. And I guess they did fine before I was able to look into these things...
she said to herself, deep in thought.

Eventually, Hex stopped and smiled a little at Legion. "I have no idea what I would do" she laughed.

Legion smiles back, but she can see there's a serious look in his eyes. "I don't think you need to worry about this village. It has survived for this long without getting demolished, I'm sure it will last much longer, despite such a wonderful person leaving it. I'm asking you to consider what you might face out there if you come with me, not what you're leaving behind."

Hex studied Legion's face closely. She knew what he had meant but she was trying to avoid it. How could she trust someone she had only recently met so much? With a sigh she smiled a little more.

"The things I could face out there couldn't be worse than wasting away here and never getting to truly live" she said in a quiet voice. "Besides-" she said lifting her glass to him just a bit, "what would I really have to worry about while traveling with such an amazing mage?"

She took another sit of her drink and continued eating her meal.

Legion gave a small snort. "Me? Amazing?" He shook his head and took a spoonful of soup into his mouth.

After swallowing, he said, "I am not sure if I should bring you, even if you want to come. I don't want you to get hurt. I just...was thinking. And I thought I'd ask for your opinion."

In about ten minutes, he finished his soup, and contentedly sipped on his water. He didn't talk much, and seemed impatient to get out of the building. There were too many unfamiliar people here, and several of them were staring.

Hex shook her head, "no need to be so modest... I bet you're the best mage there is!" she exclaimed with smile.

"Just because I'm from a small village and have never explored the world... Doesn't mean I can't take care of myself" Hex replied quietly as she looked away. "But if you don't want company then so be it... I don't want to be in the way of anyone" she continued to murmur, getting a little flushed from disappointment.

She finished her meal shortly after he did and tossed back the rest of her drink and stood up, taking a few coins out of her small coin purse she kept tucked in her top. "Let's leave" she said as she tucked the purse back into her top.

Legion sighed in relief, slipping a small coin onto the table along with Hex's as they left.

He pondered. There was no way to explain that the only reason he didn't beg her to come with him was because she probably WOULD have a hard time fending for herself...at least with where he was going. He wanted her company badly...but he couldn't stand the thought of someone dying because he'd asked them to come along with him.

He sighed and spoke. "It's up to you. I won't force you, and I won't refuse you."

Hex led him to a small hut towards the hill they had originally come from... Her home. It was small but quaint. She never really had people inside but she kept it clean and tidy for her own happiness. There was a small fire place in one corner and a little kitchen in another with a small couch and table in front of it to separate the rooms.

Hex sat down on the couch and motioned for Legion to do the same. "I don't mind a little danger" she said softly as she crossed her legs and folded her arms across her chest, "its part of life, isn't it?" she continued as more of a statement than a question.

She pondered her options, the pros and cons of each, evaluated the danger risks and wondered if they were worth it. All the while she watched Legion. She wanted to go with him. She was far too intrigued by him to just let him leave. However... She didn't know what she could do.

"Can I... Learn magic too?" She asked finally with high hopes.

Legion sat next to her on the couch, looking around her home in curiosity. It wasn't somewhere he'd mind living, himself, if he actually lived anywhere, despite the fact that it wasn't the fanciest house he'd ever seen.

He listened to her reasoning...and got a little smile on her face when she asked her question. "Well," he said. "The answer to that is, "I will teach you." I don't know how fast you'll learn, because everyone learns at a different pace... but I'd love to try to teach you some." He smiles happily, as he had been considering asking her this ever since she'd been so intrigued by his magic earlier.

"Just not Time Magic. Not yet."

Hex absolutely beamed as he answered her question. "I promise I will practice hard!" She said as she bounced with joy. She felt as giddy as the village's children when they finished their chores for the day.

Hex couldn't stop grinning as she looked at the young Mage sitting next to her. "When and where do we even start with this?" Hex gasped, " can you teach me how to make the fire?"

Though excited, Hex couldn't help but wonder why she wasn't allowed to learn time magic yet. She figured that it was too advance for a beginner so she didn't give it much thought for now. She was too ecstatic that he was actually going to teach her how to do magic

Status
Not open for further replies.