Fool's Folly - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZhongLiong

Original poster
A group of adventurers travels through a forest, and unbeknownst to them a god is watching. He has chosen them for a quest, a game, and steals them away from their home world, placing them in one with some creatures very different from the ones they know, yet there is still much that is similar. They must follow the clues this god leaves, and when the game is over, they will be allowed to return home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The races I am allowing are high fantasy - elf, dwarf, human, gnome, and halfling. Classes are likewise - fighter, cleric, rogue, and mage archetypes. Each of the classes has their subcategories, like priest and druid are both clerics. I will allow multi-classing, as well as cross-breeds, but please don't get too crazy with it.

Also, I want the characters to be friends, a group that has gone on a few adventures together already. They are NOT to be from the world I have created, but an unnamed 'traditional' high fantasy one. I am intending them to be stolen from that world into mine.

I needed to add to this because it was not clear enough, apparently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*OOC* // IC // World Info // Character Dump

Last edited by a moderator:
What is everyone's stance on having a Discord channel for this RP? I'm finding it quite convinient with the other rp's Im in that have one. But if everyone isn't willing to use it, that would leave people out of any planning that happens there. That's why I'm running the idea past everyone first.

Well, that's two yeses right away. I love the program so much.

I would totally be fine with a Discord channel, it's much more convenient for me actually. Will we be using the voice channels as well?

i have no mic, so no, sorry. Just text chat.

Character Sheet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Tommy "Tom" Whim
Race: Human
Height: 5'4
Weight: 100
Appearance: doctor_who___orphan_boy_by_atomhawk-d4lwrci.jpg Tommy has rough reddish-brown hair, dirtied and tangled from months of rolling around and adventuring. He has pale skin, his arms tanner than the rest of his body because of his work in the military. He has green eyes and a round face, the shape making him look even younger. He has grown most of his teeth, but his left front tooth is missing. He has freckles on his cheeks and a roundish nose.

Class: Priest
Skills: Very skilled at healing up close, his healing gets less effective the further away he Is from people, Optimistic because of his childlike ignorance and glee, Knows how to lighten the mood, Very fast runner, Great hider.
Gear: School Backpack (Contains: Snacks, Spell Books, and Various Trinkets.
Weapons: Medium sized staff (Allows him to better focus his healing spells), he is quite adept with it.
Armor: Leather

Personality: Tommy is very light hearted and innocent, his childlike view on the world making him ignorant to the true darkness of man's heart. He tries to make jokes that don't always land, causing some people to get frustrated at him. He doesn't always know when people are annoyed with him, so he usually continues. This doesn't mean he's stupid and annoying though, he is very determined and knows when a situation is serious. He fights for what he believes is right with all of his heart and is one of the bravest kids to walk the region.

Likes: Adventure, Allies, Caring People, Leading The Group, Standing Up For Others

Dislikes: Violent People, Con Artists, Manipulative People, Traitors, Darkness

Hobbies and Interests: Studying, Healing, Assisting Others, Cloud Watching, Practicing With His Staff

History: Tommy grew up in a rural Bloodland village, his mother and older sister being the only two people he got to talk to on a regular basis. His mother and sister sheltered him away from all the horrors in life, instead filling his mind with the ideas of the God of Knowledge. Tommy soon idolized the God of Knowledge, wanting to know all there is to know in the world. He started to hoard books, holing up in his room so he can spend most of his time reading. One day while he was reading, he found a book called "Beginners Guide to Healing Spells". He soon became obsessed with the book, wanting to become a healer himself. He began to mentally train himself, solving riddles and brain games that stumped some scholars. The smarter he got, the more he saw he was able to harness his healing abilities. He decided that he needed something to channel his energy through and found an old staff his sister gave to him for his 7th birthday. With a little more practice on injured animals, he was able to perfectly use his healing with the help of his staff. He then interned with a doctor for a couple of months, during that month he was recognized for his contributions to Medical Science. When he was 8 he was enlisted into the military as a Field Medic, he quit when he was 9 because h felt the job limited his creativity and potential. After days of wandering the Bloodland streets alone, he stumbled upon a group of people. They were adventurers....just like him. He was going to join these people, and prove his worth, no matter the cost.

Attachments

• doctor_who___orphan_boy_by_atomhawk-d4lwrci.jpg
    doctor_who___orphan_boy_by_atomhawk-d4lwrci.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 6
@ThatOneThiccBoi No. I'm sorry, but he is not accepted.

On another note: I have added the link to the website I am using for spells. Potions are based on spells.

If I want to have a druid, how do I mark down my animal companion? In addition, when you put Warrior as a class, did you mean Barbarian, Fighter, or Monk? The class Warrior only exists as an NPC class which means you don't get class-specific skills and other such things.

If I want to have a druid, how do I mark down my animal companion? In addition, when you put Warrior as a class, did you mean Barbarian, Fighter, or Monk? The class Warrior only exists as an NPC class which means you don't get class-specific skills and other such things.

The class divisions are from D&D v2, I believe.

Yes, the spell list is from 3.5, but my fiance had found it and it gives me enough detail to translate the spell effects into text rp. The class list is something I kind of mashed together from DnD in general.

Warrior is just supposed to be the basic fighter, but I could add barbarian as another type of fighter if you want. I had kind of forgotten about them, they weren't in the DnD v2 books I had originally started building this world with. I have no clue why the class isn't there... You know, switching the class archetype to warrior and the sub type to fighter would be better wording, wouldn't it? Let me do that real quick.

Also, @Ananfal Thank you for actually asking questions. This is the first RP I have tried running, and the second attempt due to medical issues, and I really appreciate you wanting to understand everything before diving in. And about the druid bit, I want to talk over what animal you would have. I am adding an 'other' section to the bottom of the CS, something I had forgotten to do.

In DnD levels, the characters are supposed to be about lvl 6, if that helps any.

The animal I am thinking of having is a Riding Dog, usually composed of large working dog breeds like St. Bernards.

As for classes: the main reason I'm so finicky about them is because each class has its own special 'skill', for lack of a better word. Barbarians, for example, can 'rage', increasing some stats but lowering others. Sorcerers don't have to prepare spells per day, but are limited in the number they can learn. Monks are unable to wear armor and are usually skilled in unarmed combat. Things like that. Druids having an animal companion is another example.

I am presuming you have a short race, I'll allow the dog. I understand being finicky about this, and yes, each class has perks and skills associated with them, they just aren't going to be tracked in traditional DnD manner and are instead just listed under the skills segment. I'm trying to make this a little looser than the actual tabletop version. If you have a character sheet in the works, I can help with anything on it as long as you post it here.

I am presuming you have a short race, I'll allow the dog. I understand being finicky about this, and yes, each class has perks and skills associated with them, they just aren't going to be tracked in traditional DnD manner and are instead just listed under the skills segment. I'm trying to make this a little looser than the actual tabletop version. If you have a character sheet in the works, I can help with anything on it as long as you post it here.
Actually, I won't be riding the dog. :P I was thinking of being an elf actually, and thus unable to ride my Riding Dog. Main reason I picked 'em was because of their tankiness. God it is hard to hit one of those.

I'll get a character sheet up sometime tonight or tomorrow for you to look over. I'm used to RPs and D&D being separate, so let's see how I do at combining them.

So you essentially have a Tank Dog, I like that. Mighty Borfs. I think me playing the dog as an NPC would be appropriate, as it is bound to your character, but not actually your character.

And try not to think of this as too much like DnD, it's just an rp loosely based on the principles of the game. Honestly, it's a text version of the very first edition of Gary Gygax's original game. That one was just having everyone gathered around talking out what their characters were doing with no dice rolls at all. At least, that's how my old DM described the game.

Well I suppose that makes it a bit easier to understand. A bit sadder as well since I love D&D but that's okay. I love Rping just as much. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.