Fool's Folly - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZhongLiong

Original poster
A group of adventurers travels through a forest, and unbeknownst to them a god is watching. He has chosen them for a quest, a game, and steals them away from their home world, placing them in one with some creatures very different from the ones they know, yet there is still much that is similar. They must follow the clues this god leaves, and when the game is over, they will be allowed to return home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The races I am allowing are high fantasy - elf, dwarf, human, gnome, and halfling. Classes are likewise - fighter, cleric, rogue, and mage archetypes. Each of the classes has their subcategories, like priest and druid are both clerics. I will allow multi-classing, as well as cross-breeds, but please don't get too crazy with it.

Also, I want the characters to be friends, a group that has gone on a few adventures together already. They are NOT to be from the world I have created, but an unnamed 'traditional' high fantasy one. I am intending them to be stolen from that world into mine.

I needed to add to this because it was not clear enough, apparently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*OOC* // IC // World Info // Character Dump

Last edited by a moderator:
Rules
~~~~~~~~~~

Follow all Iwaku rules (duh).

Romance is allowed, even with NPCs, but as this is not star-specific, no explicit anything.

One on one with NPCs will be initiated in-character, then taken to PMs for privacy. If another character is eavesdropping, they will be brought into the PM, but are not allowed to post unless the character actually interrupts.

PC one on one will also be as above, with me being one of the members of the PM. I will not interfere, but do need to know what is going on with all the characters - I may need to bring something from that situation into the in-character at a later time.

No god-modding. Your character is not immortal, though I will deal with life-threatening wounds as I see fit.

Character death can only happen by player approval, and must be talked through with me first.

You MUST keep in mind that your characters only know what they have seen and been told about the world. I may be working on a world info dump, but that is for ease of sharing information.

There are times I will say your characters feel a certain thing or have the irresistable urge to do something out of character. This is because some monsters can do such things- like some dragons can create a aura of fear, making everything near them afraid, or some creatures are telepathic and attempt to control those around them. PLEASE respond with what I am doing, I will save your characters if things seem to get out of hand. I have backups set up already to save you guys.

I would like at minimum one post a week. Feel free to post more, but there has to be time allowed for other people to post, too. So please no running away with posting, either.

Minimum post length is a decent sized paragraph- enough for other people to respond and react to. On the other hand, please don't get too lengthy, either. Walls of text occasionally are ok, but please not every time.

Please let me know if you will not be able to post for a while, so I can puppet your character along if need be. I will only do this with consent, of course, but I would like to keep things moving for other players as well.

I will add to this as I see fit. If you have read these, give the post a hug.​

Post these in this thread so that I can approve them first. I will get the Character Dump up and functioning when I have a couple of applicants ready.

Class types:
WARRIOR - TYPE
Fighter, Barbarian, Ranger, or Paladin
MAGE - TYPE
Wizard (High magic-like fireballs), Witch (more like potion brewer)
ROGUE - TYPE
Thief, Bard (has minor magic)
CLERIC - TYPE
Priest, Druid​

Character Sheet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name:
Race:
Height:
Weight:
Appearance: I like pictures. I would like a written description as well, though.

Class: Multi-classing allowed, no more than three.
Skills: Things like what style of fighting/spells, and general skills like cooking and sewing. Don't go overboard. Allowable Spells More Spells
Gear: What are they carrying with them? Up to two magic items, weapons do not count- talk to me first.
Weapons: What they can use, how well they can use it, and what they carry. Minor enchantments allowed.
Armor: Leather, chain, plate, etc.

Personality: What are they like? You don't have to go into extreme detail, but a basic understanding of your character is what I'm looking for.
Hobbies and Interests:
History: Remember that I want everyone to already know each other and function as a team.
Other:

Really, Brit? REally? This isn't in redstar.

Thank you for the compliment, Complex. I am told I am rather relaxed a lot.

I just wanted to pop in and say that while I am having health issues, I will still be around as a more or less silent Co-GM. Have fun, everyone, and try not to mourn the loss of Sadiya. I am sure her antics will be missed.

If everyone that joins happens to be a redstar, I'll put the IC thread in the redstar section, just to be safe.

And, yes, I will miss Sadiya quite a bit. She's a riot to play with.

I'm definitely up to make a character for this, I just have some questions as per the Skills section. If we pick a mage class, do we put our spells in there? How many spells are we allowed to have? Or perhaps I should phrase this question a bit differently - how close to D&D is this going to be? Will we be rolling, using character stats like Con and Dex? Or is this more RP focused?

Also, are the people already accepted gonna put up their previous character sheets?

Hi all, looking forward to working with you all.

@Ananfal hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :D

For spell list, just gonna copy and paste DM's words from the previous version, @ZhongLiong this should be the same yeah?

If you want, a spell list would be great, and if we're going DnD spells, how about up to level three? And for number of spells, how about five first level, three second and one or two third? And if you want, you can add to the classes. Like have a druid/ranger mix. They'd have the fighting capabilities of the ranger with the magics of the druid. Makes a good balance from what I've played in DnD.

Queen currently has a thief/cleric, Derelict has a paladin, and I have a thief/witch. I might switch over to a different character if someone else does too, though. Might.

Yes, what complex copied from my previous try is still valid. Here is the link to the site I was using for spell lists: d20SpellLists

Yes, please post the previous character sheets here, I don't have a character dump set up yet, and histories have to be rehashed.

This will run more like an rp than dnd, I'll be taking care of any sort of percentage-based things that might come up. Don't worry about stats, and I'll be keeping track of wounds and healings in a google doc. When that is set up, I will put a link in the first post here for anyone to be able to see it.

Nue, you don't have a character, per-say, and I forgot to tag you... Sorry.

Does that answer everything?

@Queen of the Black Hearts your character might actually be instrumental to getting Lynissa and Evan in the same room, do you have any ideas on why he might meet either or both of them? I'm thinking that maybe he's staying with priests in a town overnight, and depending on if he's offered his thief skills in service at that town before he might be a reliable person to heal up Lynissa coming back from a mission gone sideways.

@Queen of the Black Hearts your character might actually be instrumental to getting Lynissa and Evan in the same room, do you have any ideas on why he might meet either or both of them? I'm thinking that maybe he's staying with priests in a town overnight, and depending on if he's offered his thief skills in service at that town before he might be a reliable person to heal up Lynissa coming back from a mission gone sideways.
uh..... *shrug* i don't really know, I guess that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.