Fjorn: Lonely Fate (oneXone with Vespar Leviathan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arturia came in, trying to hide her happiness enough to make the scowl that usually scared Siegfried into submission. But it seems that the Goddess Fjorn would not allow a woman to be rude to the person who saved her life. "Pfft....yeah we found something. We...um, we met a little over nine or so years ago. At something that really our parents or older siblings would be better off attending than us." Siegfried nodded, turning around to face the two. "So you two know each other from way~ back then?" Arturia nodded, then as a spur of the moment type of thing, turned to Otto.

"She might've been flirting with him Otto, I don't know, I've never seen my sister engage in such activities." She shrugged, turning back to Siegfried, "So we met there, but's that's all we have." Siegfried chuckled warmly at the smiles he was met with, "Well, that's a start if you were ever going to start somewhere. I"m sure your memories will start flowing back soon enough. Just slowly, give them time." He turned back around to the steering wheel, "Who knows? You guys will be playing whatever it is kids your age play in no time." Arturia punched his shoulder, "I don't know how to play, Siegfried. We're too old for that anyway."

"How old do you think we are?" Otto asked, folding his arms. Siegfried, shrugged. "I don't know, twelve? Thirteen?" He asked. Otto raised an eyebrow. "You're not that tall Siegfried." The taller male laughed. "But, I'm serious!" He turned and pointed to Arturia. "I know miss Arturia's seventeen? Or so, because she told me." He looked back down to Otto. "But I don't know how old you are." He patted the top of Otto's head. "And you're really short, yo."

Otto swiped Siegfried's hand off of him. "I'm not that short." He muttered. "You're ruining my mood." Siegfried chuckled, then turned to Arturia. "You're friend's very conservative, ya know? Do you know how old he is?" Otto pouted, he was going to tell Siegfried, but since he asked Arturia, he didn't say anything. It was better that she tell him the him doing it. He'd probably dodge the question all together.

"The boy is younger than me by two years." she beamed, almost shivering with excitement. "He is very young, but he's not as short as he could have been, Siegfried." Arturia warned, the Trapper nodded his head, almost as if he were agreeing about something, "Yes, I suppose he could be worst...he could be more lanky, and have absolutely no muscle-.....oops wait, it's too late~." He teased, practically dancing away from Otto in case he decided to retaliate against him.

"So anyways~" he said, turning to Arturia again, "Do you know how you two got out of touch with one another. Did your families not approve? Or did you promise to write and forget. I can understand you, Miss Arturia. What with all your man-hating and world conquest. It might be hard to keep up with friends." He patted her head, leaving Arturia to think he was drunk on courage with her in a good mood and all. "But you shouldn't forget your friends. They don't like it when you do that. You didn't forget me, now did you?"
"But we met a little over a week ago!-"

Siegfried shook his finger in a "no-no" manner, "That's not important. You should always remember your friends. The fact of the matter is, you don't even like me! But you remember me more than Otto." Arturia didn't enjoy being confused. She decided to go against the goddess' wishes this once and punched Siegfried in the jaw. The tall man was pushed back a bit, "Ottoman was right, you're ruining my mood." she smiled.

Otto smiled, holding back a laugh. He turned to enter the back rooms of the ship. "I'm gonna make us something to eat again. You guys stay here."He looked over his head. "Tell me when we reach Heloa. Or at least if we run into trouble." He gave a slight smile and wave, and disappeared into the hallway. Siegfried smiled. "Well, he's just slipped right back into routine, didn't he?" He chuckled.

Meanwhile Otto, instead of walking to the kitchen, walked to a spare room, and sat in it. He pulled his charm out once again, and then clutched it in his fists. Memories brought back painful things after all, and whose to say they won't come to back to get him? Things always did like to come back and bite him in the ass.

Arturia nodded to Siegfried's words, "Yeah, well.....you keep steering us to Heloa, and I'll go on deck and keep a lookout. Sound good?" Siegfried nodded, and with the Okay she needed, Arturia headed out of the bridge, and walked to the deck. She had almost made it to the sunny deck when she heard Siegfried behind her, "Now wait a minute! I wanna go sit out on this deck too! Haven't seen it not a once since I've been here, Miss Arturia!" Arturia chuckled, "What about when you decided it was a good idea to stow away here?" Siegfried waved the notion away, "I wasn't that smart back then."

As they came onto the deck, though the air was still ringing with a sort of harmony, it was more stale, and the air was heavy. "It smells like rain....." Arturia muttered, slightly sniffing the air. "What are you? A dog? How do you smell rain?" She turned to him, "It's just another smell. And it's not just rain, a slight storm, perhaps....? The navigation system was right." She sighed, sitting out under a slight awning on the lower level deck. "You're still going to sit outside?" Siegfried called out, yelling over the railing that separated the two decks. Arturia nodded, "The storm is nothing, but our visibility will go down somewhat. I'll stay covered here and keep a lookout. Tell Ottoman that it's going to rain.And call me when the food is done!!"

Siegfried sighed, rubbing the back of his head as he begrudgingly stepped inside. "........I just wanted to sit on deck....stupid rain..... And why does she have to be so pushy?"

Otto heard a light boom of thunder from his room. Honestly, he hadn't really gone to sleep like he hoped he would've. Now, with the excuse of thinking about his pats, he had hoped he could dream and then remember more. That wasn't the case, so now, he decided he should probably go cook something for everyone. He stood, and wakled out of the room. Maybe he would make something hot? During the storm?

He shrugged, it wouldn't really matter to him. He just needed to remember something imperative. For instance, when did he and Arturia lose contact? Was it before he was a teenager? It had to be. He looked up to the roof, watching it as he walked down the hall. It would all be normal soon. Maybe after they found the prince, they could all figure it out?

Arturia let out a small sigh, staring out beyond the awning at the small water droplets that pattered against the floor. She had been thinking about a lot of things. More specifically, she had brought her thoughts back to her mission. We'll be in Heloa soon....almost four days if the weather isn't too bad. A simple storm like this will hardly change course......But there could be things in this storm that say differently. Maybe it was because of the recent search for memories that Arturia had begun to have flashbacks of her past. On a day like this, she had nearly gotten killed, many times. Her body had many scars, not even counting the emotional ones.

She could practically name every event that had caused a scar or bruise on her, and yet, nothing that could even insignificantly make her remember more about Otto. She had decided that maybe they didn't train at all while in each other's company. What Siegfried had said had truly dampened her mood. And now, like the rain falling on what was more or less a better day, she felt empty, and cold inside. There had to be a reason they had lost contact. Was it her own fault, or his? She had a very strict family, maybe they lost contact after the Nobles Summit was over? Or maybe his family-.......I can't even say anything about his family, I don't even know his family. she sighed a ragged breath, looking out over the deck to make sure there was no suspicious movement. A simple storm shouldn't change their course, but there are more than one type of storm.............Arturia knew that.

Otto smiled at his newest creation. It helped to ease his mind of everything that's recently happened. So, he decided that he would make seafood dish. He didn't buy it for no reason after all. Everything has a reason. Otto paused, slumping his shoulders. If everything had a reason, then why had he lost his memories. He didn't think it was because of his family, or Arturia's for that matter. He continued staring at his food as the rain poured outside of the window.

He sighed, "It's time to get the others." He looked to the door, carrying a platter with everyone's food on it. Closing the kitchen door behind him, he called out. "Siegfried! Arturia! The food's ready!" He hoped they heard him over the storm. He paused, suddenly a shivering feeling going down his spine. He looked around, sensing nor seeing anyone or anything. He looked ahead, "I hope nothing bad happens." Bad things always happens during a storm...

Arturia decided to go inside as the wind picked up, the rain had begun to beat down on the deck and splash. She sighed, closing the door behind her. The rain was getting worse, they would probably have to consult the onboard navigation system to see if there was a way to get around the storm. Or at least a place to wait it out She had actually managed to hear Otto calling them both for food, so she headed towards the kitchen and dining area. When she arrived, both Siegfried and Otto were there. Both of them were simply sitting down, Otto placing down the food, and Siegfried about to eat when he saw here.

"The rain's managed to get worst." Arturia stated, she could actually hear the harsh vocals that she had used the majority of this trip returning, "I want to consult the navigation system before we get any further into the storm." Siegfired nodded, "I already did. Said there may be some strong winds coming up. You think the ship can handle that?" Arturia shrugged, a small glower on her face, "I don't know. The ship isn't mine, I can't tell you anything about it." She looked down to her food, surprised a bit as she saw seafood. "Oh, Seafood." her mood lightened a bit at the sight of the meal, "Thank you, Ottoman."

"We should probably find a place to dock the airship, check on its systems, see how long we can fly, and wait out the storm before it does anything harmful. What say you, Ottoman?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Otto had a sour look on his face. He didn't know a thing about ships or what was needed to fix them. He gave the best answer he could, hoping the two would get the message. "I only do magic." He shrugged and continued to eat his food. Siegfried raised an eyebrow, "So, you have no opinion on this?" Otto shook his head, "Whatever you have agreed upon, that will be my answer too." He said blankly. "I don't know of ships all that well."

He continued eating, even though he could tell the others wanted a better answer than that. "What?" Otto asked. "I'm not sure of where my lack of expertise will get us. If you think we should port to see how far we can go, let's port." He took another forkful of seafood in his mouth. "It feels like the best thing to do right now." Siegfried folded his arms, still chewing seafood in his mouth.

"That could be a problem, Otto." Otto raised an eyebrow. "And why is that?" Siegfried stood, retrieved the map from the wheel, and then sat back down with his comrades. "See, here..." He pointed at the map. "We've already crossed into enemy territory. If we get caught, we get shot down." Otto looked at Siegfried. "So, what do we do?" Siegfried slumped in his chair. "Well, we have to port soon. But, we'll very well be treated as outsiders, so no one will help us. Or, we'll be killed." Thunder roared outside of the ship, causing another chill to run down Otto's spine.

Agos, Arturia wasn't even aware that they had crossed over to Agos. "We're already in Agos......." She stood up, "There should be a forest, large expanse of green trees somewhere at the start of the country. Do you think we could land there, drive the Starbound Destiny over, and have them look at our ship?" She asked, plotting out the trip in her head, "Would we even be able to do that?" Siegfried questioned, his gaze one of disbelief. Though Arturia wasn't angry at him, she still growled in irritation.

"It won't be easy. The Agosians dress differently, and talk differently than us. Had I known we would have needed to go this far, I would've brought more suitable clothing...." she sighed, turning her head to her satchel and rummaging through it. "What all do you carry in that satchel of yours?" Siegfried wondered aloud. Arturia didn't answer him, instead taking off her satchel, and armor. Relieving her body of the light armored burden. Arturia was now wearing a black full body suit, though it lacked sleeves and only went down to her knees. She pulled a pure black scarf out of her satchel and wrapped it around her neck loosely. " This should work........." Siegfried stared at her as if she had grown horns, "Care to explain the clothes change?"

"I thought I already had."

Otto stared, "We need to change our appearances?" He asked, a little uneasily. He really didn't feel the need to take off his clothes and outer wear. Siegfried agreed with him. "Yeah, I don't really like the idea of changing clothes. Do we all have to?" There was a silence, multiple glances were exchanged. It told Otto that this was still his mission too.

He stood, taking off his long over coat, revealing a sleeveless shirt with fish nets over his arms, and cargo shorts. He strapped his pouch over his waist and then stared at the others. "As long as no one gets hurt..." He said, folding his arms uncomfortably. He gave a smile. "Now, do you actually know how they act? I'm sure none of your missions have ever crossed the continent before." He directed at Arturia.

Siegfried put a hand in the air. "Wait a minute..."

Arturia looked over at Siegfried, "What is it?" Siegfried shifted uncomfortably, "Do we really have to dress down to our shorts?" Arturia looked at him, the taller man could swear she was about to blow up at him, she struggled to focus, "....Yes. You do have to change. Why? Were you going to be changing here, right in front of us?" She didn't seem exactly pissed, but she was bait taken back that he thought he should change in front of kids. "I only took off the majority of my armor because I had underclothes under it. I'm assuming Ottoman did the same. Unless you have clothes under your clothes, you change outside."

Though the man looked an increasingly dark red, he nodded, stood up and walked away. Arturia looked over to Otto with a laugh. "I'm sorry, what did you say? Something about me going to Agos........" She looked down at the floor for a moment. "I actually have been on multiple occasions, all for a mercenary mission of some sort. From retrieval to execution-" She looked over to Otto, "I did a lot of things in Agos." She looked over to the door, "You think Siegfried actually brought clothes to match with Agos' horribly humid and sometimes even tropical weather?"

"I'm still wondering how I did that?" He put a hand on his forehead. "Man, I really hope we'll find Prince Jiskista quickly." Otto said, slightly distressed. "I really don't want to spend a lot of time in a hostile country like this."He sat down, stuffing his overcoat into his pouch, which was an amazing feat, since the pouch shouldn't have been able to hold such a thing. He looked out the window, into the storm. "Such a terrible feeling. He looked back out to Artruia.

"Do you think he'll be okay?" Otto asked. Not, waiting for a n answer, he continued. "I mean, do you think he'll be..." He shut his mouth quickly. "Never mind." There was no point to worry about things like that. He looked down to his hands and began twiddling his thumbs. Siegfried walked in, only minutes later. His hair was pulled into a mid ponytail, and he was wearing a sleeveless turtleneck, with long, dark pants.

"Let's start with the real fun..."

"Nice, let's return to the bridge, get this puppy landed somewhere." Arturia got up, and began leading the others to the bridge, regardless of whether or not they were following. When she managed to get back to the bridge, upon looking out of the front window, she could see a large mass of forest. She could see from where she stood that there would be a town at least ten cliques from a clearing in the forest that was otherwise surrounded by heavy brush. "We'll land there. Get our bearings and then walk to the town over there." She pointed it out.

Siegfried nodded, "Alright, fine. Let me do my job then, Miss Arturia." With that he took the wheel in his hands and proceeded to pull the ship lower and lower in the sky, towards the clearing. Arturia sighed, rubbing her arms slightly, "We should have waited until we touched down to change clothes, the ship is much colder than I thought." Siegfried laughed, "I agree. Can't wait to touch down and see what Agos is really like. I mean they tell you stuff about it in the media, but that's been edited, y'know? I wanna see what it has to offer with my own eyes." Arturia rolled her eyes.

"Be careful what you wish for, Siegfried."

Otto had a lump in his throat. Like Siegfried, he's never been to Agos before. He knew that the two countries hated each other.He just hoped tht the hatred was still in the past. It couldn't hurt to visit the country now, if he could never visit again. Walking over to the door, he addressed his friends. "Well, let's get this thing on the land." Siegfried gave a mock salute. "Sir, yes sir." Otto reached the door's handle, grabbing onto it, but not pulling on it. That would open the door. And they were still in the air, that would kill them.

He looked back over to Siegfried. "Are you ready?" He asked. Siegfried put his thumb up in Otto's direction. And then turned back to the wheel. He smiled. Maybe, this mission wasn't going to be so difficult. But as he thought about, more thunder roared. He jumped slightly, looking around. Then again, maybe I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch.

Arturia had been steeling her nerves for the past three minutes. She shouldn't have agreed to this mission. She'd been to Agos too many times in the past. Someone was bound to recognize her, or remember her. Then they would try to capture her, and their mission would be over, before they could even get to Heloa. The trip would be over before it began. Maybe if I did something with my hair.....she wondered. Always keeping it down, she wasn't one for hairstyles. But, maybe it would give her just enough of a change so that no one would recognize her.

Quickly, while both Otto and Siegfried were preoccupied with something else, Arturia took a piece of her hair and braided it around her head, then with the remaining hair, put it in a loos loop beside her. She checked herself in the front window reflection before deciding that she looked good enough. With her hair not surrounding her, she looked older, more fierce and a wise as well. "Well, it was going to happen sooner or later." she sighed, walking over to the door and standing against the wall next to it. "We'll be touching down soon enough, right?" she called out, looking at the floor, "Good, we'll need to keep our guards up. There will be all manners of monsters that you've never seen in Fjorn running rampant throughout the forest."

"What the hell happened to your hair in the last five minutes?" Otto asked, as she didn't warn anyone about the change. As soon as he brought attention to it, Siegfried also noticed the new style. "Whoa, Arturia, your hair's all different." He said, slightly impressed. Otto had to stifle a laugh. "What made you do that, I wonder?" He tilted his head to the side. "Partner, do tell me what you needed the new style for?" She kept silent. Otto shrugged, "Fine, whatever feels right for you." He looked over to Siegfried, "Are we nearing the ground?"

Siegfried nodded. "Nearer and nearer little man." And Otto just turned back to the door. He felt when the ship landed though, because there was a giant jolt when it landed. It caused Otto to shift and stumble, almost falling on his face. He shot a glare at Siegfried, who innocently smiled. "Sorry guys..." Otto stood straight again. And then pulled the lever on the door.

He looked over to Arturia. "I guess, now it's mission begin?"

She nodded, "We've got to start now, we've already landed." She took the door handle from Otto's hand, and then pushed it open. The deck was covered in water, from the rain of course, but the canopy of trees had stopped the majority of the rain for them. We can go now. It's starting to get dark anyway, we should hurry and get going, and then find a place to sleep. Siegfried, the last to get out of the ship looked back to their large vessel, "If that's the case, shouldn't we wait on the ship until it's lift outside?" Arturia shook her head, "No, we need to get started on our mission now." She walked off the ship, turning back to it before snapping three times.

The ship disappeared from sight, much to everyone's surprise. "Lovi was right! It worked!" She smiled, Siegfried on the other hand, was a bit more irrational. "How in the-.....What the hell happened to the ship!!?" Arturia let out a delightful laugh, "It's camouflaged from the elements because of its near impenetrable hull, now it's also camouflaged from those that would seek to tear our ship apart." She took one step onto the ground of Agosian soil. It was warm and musky. She lifted her boot, "I loved these shoes..." she admitted with a sort of whine. "Let's go." Seigfried, though still confused about there ship, too jumped off the ship into the unknown "Come on, Otto!! Agos is waiting!"

Otto, with eyebrow raised, followed his comrades out of the ship. And he was not amused. He disliked the whole idea of walking around the woods of wherever they were. Actually, that was a great question. "Where are we?" He asked, catching up to Arturia. She said nothing. Otto slumped slightly, he didn't really want to walk around unknown territory, they could be attacked. He kept close to his friends. There was slight movement all around, which made him uneasy. What if someone was watching them right now? It wasn't like no one saw them as they were landing. Whose to say this isn't a hunting spot for the nearby villagers?

He shivered. The bad feeling welling up in his gut once more. He looked around, but no one was there. He sighed, he was getting anxious to get out of this place. They would probably stand a better chance in a town. At least, that's what he thought. "How far until the next town, Arturia?"

Status
Not open for further replies.