Finding Paradise: Street Rats

Reagan suddenly shot awake. Something wasn't right. "Everybody, stay here. Don't leave the ally, I'll return soon," he growled and got up. He made his way out of the ally. It was getting chilly out, he gave a little shiver. He pulled his light sweater around him. It wasn't much but it would have to do. The streets were empty as the clock struck one in the morning. He looked both ways and walked down the sidewalk. There was an eerie still in the air; something, in which was the cause of waking him was wrong. Whenever something bad was about to happen, Reagan felt it before it even did. He crossed the street, memories flooding back.

A while ago he knew four other boys. He called them brother and the four had been inseprable, but his brothers betrayed him. They left him alone and drilled it into his head that he was a bad person. And even till this day Reagan believes it. After what all happened, reagan didn't trust many.

Serento woke when he heard Reagan leaving. He was almost sure he would get in trouble but he followed him. Serento stayed back from sight but followed close enough to see him.

As Reagan turned the corner on First street, he noticed something. There was blood on the sidewalk; freshly spilled. Reagan looked at it for a few seconds then continued on. There were bloody footprints leading away. If this person was injured he was sure he could help them. as he passed and ally, he doubled back; a body of a young man lay there. He was clearly dead. But the bloody footprints led elsewhere, and it looked like there could have been a struggle because drag marks in the form of blood led beside it. 'Kidnapping; go figure,' Reagan followed the prints, intent on librating the child or person kidnapped.

As I approached an alley I noticed dark red prints beginning to appear, and they became darker and richer in color as I entered deeper in the alley. Looking up, I saw Reagan looking at a dead body. "Oh my God," I whispered with wide eyes.

Reagan didn't seem to notice Lillian as he continued on. He tracked the trail all the way to the south side of town to an abandoned building. The trail was faint but it was there. Whomever was kidnapped was hurt and hurt bad. he entered the building cautiously but quickly. by the looks of it he didn't have much time to find this person. As he walked through, he noticed things were knocked over; there was a fight. Suddenly he heard a noise from across the way. It was a loud, bang. He ran to it quickly yet quietly. There in a room stood a girl with a gun with her obvious capture. Reagan tripped on something and drew her attention. she turned and fired, a bullet slamming into his thigh. He let out a pained shout but smiled. "It's okay, my name is Reagan Hothstad. I am not here to hurt you," he fell to the ground in pain but continued, "I came here following your blood trail. I can help you."

leona.jpg (Leona). Putting in another charrie)

She looked at him and dropped her gun. "I...I didn't mean to, you just scared me...," tears rolled down her face. reagan got up with a struggle and barly managed to limp to her. "Don't worry about it, you thought I was going to attack you. We'll get you cleaned up and home," he said. She looked at him, guilt in her brown eyes. "I have no home; I was kicked out last friday," she admitted. Reagan nodded. "That makes two homeless. Come on, you can stay with me and my group if you like," he told her. Normal people wouldn't trust random strangers but she had no choice.

Serento ran as best as he could, he noticed the blood trail and heard the gun shot. Serento found his way towards we're the shots were fired and noticed Reagan and another girl " Someone please explain what happened!" Serento held his sighed as he gasped for air.

Reagan looked at Serento. "I will tell you later, but we all need to get out of here before the feds shot up," he growled and limped passed him. Blood flowed down his thigh, the pain made it hard to walk. The wound throbbed and burned, but he still led the way out. Leona, the girl he'd just rescued, walked up and supported him. "It'll be fast if you have help," she told him smiling.

Serento sighed taking Reagan's other arm putting it over his shoulders. " let's just get home, fast if possible. " Serento sighed his ribs hurt but the adrenaline gave him enough to take it. He would try to take care of Reagan's leg if he let him.

Koinu grinned broadly and started to say something about how he wasn't afraid, and how Ivory could test her little device on him all she wanted, but all the same, when he steeled himself for a shock, the gunshot that tore through the air made him flinch sharply in equal parts surprise and fear. Something was indeed very, very wrong.

"I'm going after him," he said suddenly, jumping to his feet. He paused at the edge of their "home" for just a moment; if anyone asked, it was to see if anyone was coming with him. He'd never admit that he hesitated out of fear. Fear was for the weak, and he wasn't weak. He was strong, fierce, and loyal, like a pit bull. Or something.

Reagan pushed Serethro away. "No, you are wounded. I told everyone to stay in camp and you directly disobeyed me. That's twice, I make these rules for a reason," Reagan growled. He was furious that he'd been disobeyed a second time. He didn't want any harm to come to his new family, and if something were to happen to one of them he had no idea what he would do.

Koinu tore down the alleyway and across the street, running on pure instinct, absolutely sure that Reagan was in trouble and needed help. However, even with the echo of the gunshot giving him a bit of a clue, he didn't have any way to discern where the leader of his family had run off to.

"Hey!" he shouted, without really thinking. "Reagan! I'm coming to rescue you! Where are you?!" He knew that Reagan would be mad, but he didn't care.

"How many of you are going to disobey me, huh?! I said stay in camp! When I say that I mean it!" he yelled. By this time his anger was obvious, Leona shuttered a little. She had no idea what was going on, execpt that reagan had told her that she would be safe. "Is everything okay?" she asked. Reagan smiled. "Yeah, everythings good. Just people having listening issues," Reagan replied.

Serento laughed "No matter how many times you ask us to stay back we won't you may have rules but they don't matter if someone is in danger. So get mad at me or yell at me I don't care it will be worth it." Serento smiled hid body was starting to hurt worse as his adrenaline started to die down. He looked up at the sky but then to the ground not knowing what o do.

I stayed silent as Reagan yelled at Serento, and my eyes landed on the girl who was behind Reagan, and took glances at the girl every few minutes. I swallowed nothing as I heard Serento talk back at Reagan. One cannot simply talk back at Reagan and not be punished. I put my hand on Serento's, "Stop it Serento, don't talk back," I murmured in his ear.

The younger boy perked up at the sound of Reagan's voice. He didn't even really register what his leader had said, only the source of the sound. He was close. Koinu bolted around a corner, and finally, the abandoned building came into view, an old, dilapidated place. It wasn't long after that when he noticed Reagan walking away from the place, back towards home. He was surprised, however, to see others there as well. Looks like he wasn't the only one who felt like disobeying orders for Reagan's sake, Koinu mused with a dry chuckle.

"Is everyone alright?" His eyes fell to the blood dripping down Reagan's leg. There was a girl with them he didn't recognize, and immediately, he was suspicious. "Who hurt you? Was it her?!" He pointed an accusing finger at Leona, angry and concerned for Reagan's safety.

Serento sighed as he Listened to Lillian, "I know." He said calmly. Serento then heard a voice that he didn't want to here. "Koinu it does not matter we need to get home before cops get here." Serento didn't want to be around Reagan so he walked ahead towards their home. The night was cool but not cold, which helped him not sweat.

Ivory followed quickly behind Koinu when he had run for it. Gun shots! What had Reagan got him self into now? She shook her head as she ran with her coat billowing behind her. Reagan and his superiority issues...will he ever learn that telling people to stay behind- they will always do the opposite of what he tells them. Turning the corner, she noticed the blood and instantly connected the blood to Reagan. It couldn't have been his...the feet were not large enough- who had he found now? Turning yet another corner and onto one with the abandoned building- she saw them walking from the building. Ivory instantly noticed a girl, and Koinu yelling.
Oh Koinu, yelling whenever he thought his friends were hurt. Creeping up behind him, she pressed the button on the device that was still on his back- and turned it up high. That, should calm him down...of a sort. Then, she leapt in front of the new girl and grinned happily. "I see you've found someone new, Reagan! Who would she be?"

"Ivory he is going to explain it when we get home, cops will be here soon." Serento said as he ran his hand through his hair. Serento never liked his hair it always went in different dirrections, but stay slicked back like a mobster. Serento walked back to get with everyone back there, and he looked at the Leona "I know you didn't mean to."

Koinu yelped in pain and surprise and scrambled to knock Ivory's device off of his back. As soon as he heard the clatter of it hitting the ground, he whirled around to Ivory. "What the hell was that for?! You could've killed me!" He didn't really mean it. They weren't out of the woods yet. "Whatever, talk later. Let's get out of here." Without waiting for a response or looking back to see if the others were following, he started running back towards their alleyway. Koinu always lived life at full speed. It was in his nature. He always had somewhere to be, something to do, and if he didn't, he'd find something.

A sheepish look crossed Ivory's face as she watched Koinu run away. "I only intended for him to calm down...yeah, that didnt work did it?" She turned towards the way he had run and looked the way he ran. She would talk to him later. "So lets get moving guys! I'm interested to know where you came from!"