Finding Paradise: Street Rats

Reagan's rage died down as he started to slow. He was losing too much blood, and he became silent. He didn't have the energy to fight with anyone. Leona looked at him and felt his weight pulling her down. She pulled him up. "Come on Reagan, stay awake! we'll be there soon just keep your eyes open and keep walking!" she scolded, leaning the other way to get reagan back up on his feet. But it was useless, Reagan passed out. "Damn it Reagan...!" She reached her arms under his and enclosed them around his shoulders and began to drag him. "Someone get his feet."

Koinu skidded to a halt when he heard the small thud mixed in with his footsteps. He turned around and immediately ran back to the rest of the group. "Shit," he muttered under his breath, picking up Reagan's feet and helping to carry him as best as he could. "Anyone have a bandage or something?" They needed to stem the blood flow, and fast.

The gun shot made Roxanne jump awake and look around. Everyone was either gone or rushing out of their little home. "Guys!..." She started to get up but then sighed. They were gone already. She looked around the dark place, seeing she was all alone now. Roxanne shivered, hating that feeling even if it was for a little while. Faintly she could hear yelling. Odd, shouldn't there be noise of cars going around? It was New York after all. A day where the streets were clear were rare. She started to go out and follow the others when she remembered Reagan's order to stay put. Roxanne stopped in her tracks. She definitely did not want to get on his bad side. Besides, everyone else had gone to help so she wouldn't be needed. Even though she was worried she stayed there for a few minutes.

When they hadn't have come back yet she got nervous and decided to go and take a look. Following the voices she walked slowly, and once she spotted the blood she ran back home and started gathering anything that would help with an injury. Roxanne knew a little about treating a cut or something like that, so she was going to try to help whoever was injured if there was anyone who was injured in their little 'family'. The only problem was the sight and smell of blood usually made her sick to her stomach or faint. She didn't have a strong stomach for that kind of stuff, especially if she sees the blood oozing out of a living person. She felt sick just thinking about it, but continued the search around the alley for something.

She thought it would be best to use a blanket since there wasn't really anything else around. Roxanne remembered some broken glass was somewhere around their home, just not in it. She ran out there until she spotted it on the ground, grabbed a nice sharp looking one and when back. Using her own blanket she cut up some long strips. She could always share a sleeping space with someone. I'm sure everyone would want to help whoever was injured and wouldn't care if it cost them a blanket to help.

Serento sighed he removed his white Gehrig wrapping it tightly around Reagan's leg. Serento helped carry Reagan by supporting his back so th weight wasn't as bad for the others. Serento wished he was at his home he would have plenty of supplies but no he was heading to an alley to take care of his friend with a bullet wound.

I held a part of Reagan's back with my right hand and carried his leg with my left. I saw the blood soaking more into the jeans, the denim becoming darker by the second. Who knew a bullet to the leg would cause so much blood loss? I thought and then remembered that there were major veins in the legs. Sighing, I kept walking sideways as I helped the others with Reagan's weight.

Leona set him down. "Hold him down, we've got to get the bullet from his leg then cartorize the wound. If he wakes up, which I know he will, he will struggle. It's going to be agonizing but it will stop the bloodflow fast," she said ripping away part of his jeans. she always carried around a pocket knife (which had twezers) and a lighter (being a smoker and all). Reagan was still out cold.

Serento straddled his waist as he used his body strength to hold his legs down, Serento was strong and most likely could take Reagan but he never tried it. He was like a brother and he also didn't want to be leader. Serento held his legs firm but he knew that the shape he was in and how badly this was gonna hurt giving him adrenaline he wasn't gonna be able to do it by his self.

Koinu lowered Reagan's head carefully and pulled off his hoodie. He bundled the shirt up and placed it under Reagan's head as a makeshift pillow, to keep his head relatively elevated. Koinu didn't really know much about the medical world, but luckily, it seemed like the new girl did. He was still somewhat suspicious of her, but then again, she was helping them now. At least, so he hoped.

Leona nodded and pulled out the knife of the pocket knife and lit the lighter underneth it. Reagan stirred and looked up. "W-what are you doing?" he moaned, pain shooting through his head. without replying, Leona pushed the searing hot blade into his wound. reagan struggle and screamed out in pain, but the wound was being seared. The blood would stop after a while. Leona pushed Serethro off of Reagan's legs and sat on him, her legs on the sides of him. "You are hurt and should not take part. and I need more room," she said. reagan still struggled to move as she burned the blade once more, then repeated.

Ivory winced and covered her ears with her hands. Noise wasn't something she was keen on, and Reagans scream was not helping her in that area. Nonetheless she dug through her pockets and found a half used bottle of antiseptic gel. "Use this when you have done, it should help keep it clean and stop it from becoming infected...hopefully." Looking at Reagan, she frowned. If he was just a little more sneaky, he wouldn't have gotten shot. Ivory's eyes were then cast to the girl. Had she introduced herself? Well, she certainly had knowledge of medical treatment...maybe she had a thing for TV before she was on the streets? When Reagen screamed again, Ivory's hands were once again clamped upon her ears.

I moved a good amount of space from Leona, but I kept holding down Reagan. He began to wake up just when Leona put the sizzling blade back into Reagan's leg, which made him let out a horrible scream. Chills ran down my arms and back, but I ignored it as I kept on holding him down.

Koinu started to move when Leona pulled out a blade, but he managed to hold herself back. It was clear that she knew more than he did. He shouldn't interfere. But he still winced when she sunk the heated knife into the wound and Reagan started to scream.

Leona pulled the knife out and got the tweezers. "Now hold him still, most likley he will pass out from the pain but frankly this could kill him," she told everyone, without waiting she started digging around in the wound for the bullet. Reagan squirmed to get free, holding back shrieks of pain. She got hold of the bullet and pulled it out, aware that she would have to sear the wound shut again. and that one would make Reagan pass out because of the pain but she knew it had to be done. She pulled the bullet out and set it down, wiping the blood off her blade and setting it ablaze, then stuck it into Reagan's wound. as she predicted, he passed out.

Serento help back a scream as it was a horrifying site what was happening.Serento stood and walked around the corner out of view, he was used to the site of blood but the bullet reminded him of his father, Serento bent over an hurled all over the sidewalk. He walked back around the alley and looked upon Reagan.

Koinu, meanwhile, simply stared, wide-eyed. He'd seen pretty nasty injuries before, and was always taught not to freak out and just treat them as soon as possible, but it wasn't easy seeing someone dig around in his leader's wound with a pair of tweezers while Reagan howled with pain. And yet, Koinu couldn't bring himself to look away. It was almost fascinating.

That was it. Ivory couldn't stand seeing the guy who leaded them from the start- be in this much pain. Ivory crouched down next to Reagan and looked helplessly at him. "Can I knock him out or something? I...can't...I can't think right now..." She rocked back to sit on the floor- cuddling her legs. She didn't like to not be able to do anything. Horrible memories of her parents momentarily came back to haunt her. She didn't want to see reagan hurt. He was yelling- he was in pain and right now, she was completely useless till the new girl managed to perform her temporary surgery.

She finally dug out the bullet and threw it aside. She dug through her satchel and pulled out a bottle of luke warm water and poured it into the wound, and then started to stitch it. At this point Reagan was exausted and didn't feel her stitching it. This by far had been the worst pain he'd ever endured, but he knew he'd survive it. 'Look at that, the first time I meet Leona she shoots me, then heals me. Think she needs to make up her mind of what she want,' he thought joking. He knew that she wasn't trying to hurt him, she saved him.

As soon as he heard the soft clink of the bullet hitting the ground, Koinu let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding. Now they just had to cross their fingers and hope the wound wouldn't get infected...that was certainly the last thing Reagan needed after all this.

"He's gonna be alright, right?" the boy asked Leona, his voice uncharacteristically soft and nervous.

"He'll be fine," Leona replied. She lied, a white lie however. She didn't know if infection would set in and they couldn't take him to the hospital because they didn't help homeless around here. she helped Reagan up and supported him. "We'd better get him back home; he needs his rest," she told the group.

Grinning all over her face, Ivory took the other side of Reagan and cheerfully watched the girl. She helped Reagan! She's a good guy! "Thank you! You helped Reagan!" A rough laugh escaped her throat as she attempted to hold Reagan up. A newbie!
A new member of their family!