• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
yENdOiw.jpg

Nothing bothered Carl Grimes anymore.

Growing up, the boy's childhood had never been easy. Throughout his young life, he had watched close family friends be killed by walkers time and time again. He had survived being shot once in the chest and another in his right eye. He put down his own mother when she was dying so she wouldn't have to suffer. He watched beloved friends murdered right in front of him. So, in the mind of this young teen, the world was a harsh, absolutely horrible place. And while it had made him miserable, his life in that rotting world had strengthened him to a point where he had near absolute control over his own emotions. Even in his place, The Boiler, a prison he had been brought to, Carl was stone-faced.

His single, blue eye glared between the bars of his cell, staring at the guards with pure hatred. Such an expression on the boy's face insinuated that he didn't intend to comply with them for long. The first chance he got, Carl would try with all of his might to escape. As far as he was concerned, it was only a matter of time.

He wasn't sure how he had ended up here, but he couldn't stay. Carl knew he was needed at home now more than ever. His family and friends were going to war against a neighboring settlement of murderous, terrible people with an even more horrible leader, so he needed to go back and help them. They had already lost enough, so the last thing they needed was for Carl to disappear when they were already lacking in people and resources to aid them.

Letting out a sigh of frustration when the guard would leave, Carl turned to look at his cellmate. Even though she, and the others, were in the same boat as him, he couldn't say he trusted any of them. As far as he was concerned, they could turn their backs on him at any moment. Still, it wasn't as if he had anything else to do other than to learn their stories.

"So, how'd you end up in this mess?" he questioned Emma, and any others were were close enough to listen in.

@Takumi

yENdOiw.jpg

Nothing bothered Carl Grimes anymore.

Growing up, the boy's childhood had never been easy. Throughout his young life, he had watched close family friends be killed by walkers time and time again. He had survived being shot once in the chest and another in his right eye. He put down his own mother when she was dying so she wouldn't have to suffer. He watched beloved friends murdered right in front of him. So, in the mind of this young teen, the world was a harsh, absolutely horrible place. And while it had made him miserable, his life in that rotting world had strengthened him to a point where he had near absolute control over his own emotions. Even in his place, The Boiler, a prison he had been brought to, Carl was stone-faced.

His single, blue eye glared between the bars of his cell, staring at the guards with pure hatred. Such an expression on the boy's face insinuated that he didn't intend to comply with them for long. The first chance he got, Carl would try with all of his might to escape. As far as he was concerned, it was only a matter of time.

He wasn't sure how he had ended up here, but he couldn't stay. Carl knew he was needed at home now more than ever. His family and friends were going to war against a neighboring settlement of murderous, terrible people with an even more horrible leader, so he needed to go back and help them. They had already lost enough, so the last thing they needed was for Carl to disappear when they were already lacking in people and resources to aid them.

Letting out a sigh of frustration when the guard would leave, Carl turned to look at his cellmate. Even though she, and the others, were in the same boat as him, he couldn't say he trusted any of them. As far as he was concerned, they could turn their backs on him at any moment. Still, it wasn't as if he had anything else to do other than to learn their stories.

"So, how'd you end up in this mess?" he questioned Emma, and any others were were close enough to listen in.

@Takumi

Emma turned to look at Carl when he spoke to her. Somehow, her Expansion Suit wasn't working long before she came to this prison. Holding the helmet in hand she would remember thw last thing she was doing before ending up here.

"I was working on my first case as a detective, there being suspicious activity in the alleyways of Lumiose City when I was suddenly jumped and taken to, well, here." she replied, then thought it over.

"I think that's right at least, I was a bit out of it since everything happened so fast." she replied, a little unsure, but smiled in a friendly manner anyway.

"Either way I'm here now and I'll have to get back to Mimi eventually." she added, she was worried to the Espurr, even if she was sure the Pokemon would find at least some form of help for the time being.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

On hearing Travis reply, Croach the Tracker replied conclusively.

latest

"I detect that the human designated Travis has lost functionality of one of his senses, that being the sense designated "hearing"! I detect his nondetection. Travis is the eighth saddest being I have ever encountered. Were I Huhn the empathizer I would wish his condition to improve due to a mathematically improbable event. "

Ness, who was sitting next to Travis, the whole time being silent, glared at the tactless alien. He wished the older man could defend himself or at least hear what the others were saying. " Just because he can't hear you, doesn't mean that isn't rude. He is still a person. Oh, yeah, before I forgot, I'm Ness from Onett. Did you catch where we are? I really didn't understand what happened," Ness said, not understanding why they had arrested a 13 year old. It didn't make any sense to him, unless they worked for Gigyas. Maybe the aliens worked for him. God, he wished that Paula was here with him.

Travis was silent, not sure how to respond to what was being said. There was no cure for deafness, he just learned to live with it.

@Kingof192 @The Wanderer

Emma turned to look at Carl when he spoke to her. Somehow, her Expansion Suit wasn't working long before she came to this prison. Holding the helmet in hand she would remember thw last thing she was doing before ending up here.

"I was working on my first case as a detective, there being suspicious activity in the alleyways of Lumiose City when I was suddenly jumped and taken to, well, here." she replied, then thought it over.

"I think that's right at least, I was a bit out of it since everything happened so fast." she replied, a little unsure, but smiled in a friendly manner anyway.

"Either way I'm here now and I'll have to get back to Mimi eventually." she added, she was worried to the Espurr, even if she was sure the Pokemon would find at least some form of help for the time being.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
dKfU4VX.png

After his cellmate would finish speaking, the boy would shoot her a mildly confused glance. His single eye watched her searchingly, as if trying to decipher a foreign language she had just spoken to him. "Lumiose City?" he questioned. "Never heard of it. Your settlement must be further away from mine," he added, not suspecting she may have been from a different world than his own just yet. "It must be pretty civilized where you live if there are detectives," he said, an unbelieving half-chuckle escaping his lips. "We don't have those where I'm from."

Glancing back to the bars of the cell, Carl's expression would harden. "So you don't know anything at all about this place? That makes two of us, I guess. Not that it matters. I'll make it out of here sooner or later. If I don't, I'll die trying." The boy's tone sounded cold and soft, as if he were so used to danger that the idea of dying in this place didn't bother him at all. The young survivor was indeed frustrated, but he was so used to patiently waiting out difficult situations that he knew how to shut off his emotions and remain calmer than still waters.

@Takumi

"You are correct, youngling designated Ness from Onett. Travis is a person. However, there is nothing inherently rude about being a human person- even though they usually are. I have not yet been able to determine our present location, however due to my superior senses I have been able to detect something about our location. The denziens of G'loot Praktaw have given this place a name no single-tongued human could ever pronounce. We have entered the
place designated the

"Mul Ti Varse" he said slowly, with great emphasis

dKfU4VX.png

After his cellmate would finish speaking, the boy would shoot her a mildly confused glance. His single eye watched her searchingly, as if trying to decipher a foreign language she had just spoken to him. "Lumiose City?" he questioned. "Never heard of it. Your settlement must be further away from mine," he added, not suspecting she may have been from a different world than his own just yet. "It must be pretty civilized where you live if there are detectives," he said, an unbelieving half-chuckle escaping his lips. "We don't have those where I'm from."

Glancing back to the bars of the cell, Carl's expression would harden. "So you don't know anything at all about this place? That makes two of us, I guess. Not that it matters. I'll make it out of here sooner or later. If I don't, I'll die trying." The boy's tone sounded cold and soft, as if he were so used to danger that the idea of dying in this place didn't bother him at all. The young survivor was indeed frustrated, but he was so used to patiently waiting out difficult situations that he knew how to shut off his emotions and remain calmer than still waters.

@Takumi

Emma wondered of the boy near her was a trainer at all. He never heard of Lumiose City? Then where was he from?

"Hm, I guess. There's been quite a bit of crime lately, but normally it's civilized." she replied, before quieting as Carl's next words came.

"Let's hope that you're successful then." she responded, smile still in place. She glanced out of their cell, smile frowning as her eyes simply watched for any guards nearby, studying. All she'd have to do is wait for a good opportunity, and hope that her Expansion Suit worked properly when she needs it to.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Ness tried his best to not scream at the strange blue creature and he wished that he had understood his point, but it seemed to have been lost in the man. He felt so bad for Travis, but he turned when he felt the man put a hand on his shoulder. He signed the letter i, t, s, o and k. Ness sighed. " Multiverse? I have never head of that before," Ness said, clearly confused on what that meant. What was the multiverse and why were they entering it at the present time? He felt more confused than ever.

@Kingof192

Emma wondered of the boy near her was a trainer at all. He never heard of Lumiose City? Then where was he from?

"Hm, I guess. There's been quite a bit of crime lately, but normally it's civilized." she replied, before quieting as Carl's next words came.

"Let's hope that you're successful then." she responded, smile still in place. She glanced out of their cell, smile frowning as her eyes simply watched for any guards nearby, studying. All she'd have to do is wait for a good opportunity, and hope that her Expansion Suit worked properly when she needs it to.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
YfWmbzP.png

Carl couldn't help but flash the girl an amused smirk. His smile most certainly wasn't a genuine one and actually appeared unnatural on his face. It was as if he didn't smile very often. "Civilized?" A monotone chuckle escaped his lips afterwards. "You'll have to tell me what your settlement's secret is. I didn't think there were any civilized places these days. Mine certainly isn't." Deciding there was little he could do at the moment, the boy took a seat on the ground. There was no use pacing around unless he could find a way to escape.

@Takumi

YfWmbzP.png

Carl couldn't help but flash the girl an amused smirk. His smile most certainly wasn't a genuine one and actually appeared unnatural on his face. It was as if he didn't smile very often. "Civilized?" A monotone chuckle escaped his lips afterwards. "You'll have to tell me what your settlement's secret is. I didn't think there were any civilized places these days. Mine certainly isn't." Deciding there was little he could do at the moment, the boy took a seat on the ground. There was no use pacing around unless he could find a way to escape.

@Takumi

suspicious_lady_emma_by_floisonkeya-d7lqzys.png

"Hm, I don't think there's much of a secret other than everyone just living life as normally as possible after someone tried to destroy the world and remake it in their image but failed." Emma spoke nonchalantly as if he would have some idea what she was talking about.

Sadly, it may be a while before she would realize that Carl wasn't from the same place as her, nor the same world.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
suspicious_lady_emma_by_floisonkeya-d7lqzys.png

"Hm, I don't think there's much of a secret other than everyone just living life as normally as possible after someone tried to destroy the world and remake it in their image but failed." Emma spoke nonchalantly as if he would have some idea what she was talking about.

Sadly, it may be a while before she would realize that Carl wasn't from the same place as her, nor the same world.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
dLL6vJz.jpg

Skeptical, Carl raised an eyebrow after hearing Emma's words. After a moment of thinking, it started to hit the boy that she may have been from somewhere different. The story she spoke about having to do with someone trying to destroy the world was one he hadn't heard of.

"Mind if I ask you a strange question? This might sound... crazy. How many walkers have you killed?" he questioned, deciding to ask the girl a question his dad always asked others before accepting them into their settlement. If she didn't know what a walker was, well, his suspicisions were correct.

@Takumi

Reactions: Takumi
dLL6vJz.jpg

Skeptical, Carl raised an eyebrow after hearing Emma's words. After a moment of thinking, it started to hit the boy that she may have been from somewhere different. The story she spoke about having to do with someone trying to destroy the world was one he hadn't heard of.

"Mind if I ask you a strange question? This might sound... crazy. How many walkers have you killed?" he questioned, deciding to ask the girl a question his dad always asked others before accepting them into their settlement. If she didn't know what a walker was, well, his suspicisions were correct.

@Takumi

Emma wasn't sure what a Walker was. It was a strange question indeed. Why ask such a thing?

"I'm not sure what that is. I don't kill either, it's not part of my job." she replied. She wondered why she was asked this, a frown tugging at the corners of her mouth. Where exactly was he from? He didn't know of Lumiose City, and although Team Flare's attempt at detroying the world was thwarted by the new Champion only a few months ago the aftermath was still a big deal back in Kalos even if things were settling down.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Last edited:
Emma wasn't sure what a Walker was. It was a strange question indeed. Why ask such a thing?

"I'm not sure what that is. I don't kill either, it's not part of my job." she replied. She wondered why she was asked this, a frown tugging at the corners of her mouth. Where exactly was he from? He didn't know of Lumiose City, and although Team Flare's attempt at detroying the world was thwarted by the new Champion only a few months ago the aftermath was still a big deal back in Kalos even if things were settling down.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
2gTMOkS.png

"Strange," the boy muttered under his breath when he would hear Emma's response. "Walkers are the dead, flesh-eating dead. Where I come from, we're all infected with a virus. When we die, we come back as them. If you don't know about them, it just makes me think we're from two completely different places entirely," the boy speculated. "You mentioned a Lumiose City, and I've never heard of such a place myself. This is... bizarre. I thought I'd seen it all, but guess not," he said, seeming rather calm despite all of this.

@Takumi

2gTMOkS.png

"Strange," the boy muttered under his breath when he would hear Emma's response. "Walkers are the dead, flesh-eating dead. Where I come from, we're all infected with a virus. When we die, we come back as them. If you don't know about them, it just makes me think we're from two completely different places entirely," the boy speculated. "You mentioned a Lumiose City, and I've never heard of such a place myself. This is... bizarre. I thought I'd seen it all, but guess not," he said, seeming rather calm despite all of this.

@Takumi

"Being from two entirely different places makes a lot of sense. Walkers have never been sighted in Lumiose City." Emma responded before pausing in thought.

"If you don't know of Lumiose, then I'm going to assume that you don't know about Pokemon?" she asked, as absurd as it seemed to her it may have been the case in this strange situation.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.