Fight School [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyst hadn't been paying attention to where she was walking, accidentally bumping into some guy. Instinctively, she immediately got into her combat stance, hands up with palms open, feet positioned in a way that grounded her perfectly. Once she realized he wasn't a threat, however, she relaxed. What was he trying to say to her? She had never learned English, which made understanding him a problem. From what little she could gather, he was sorry and.... wanted to cover her. Cover her with what, exactly? She wasn't sure she wanted to know. She shook her head and extended her arms, showing him she wasn't hurt anywhere.

She turned the second she heard helicopters, looking to the stadium with a frown. She had forgotten about the tournament. There was some sort of prize on the line, but she couldn't remember what it was. Her test had placed her as a D-2, but she was certain that if she did well in this tournament, she could possibly get a little higher in rank. It was a long shot, but it could happen. She turned back to the man who had bumped into her, frowning. Her arm extended towards the stadium, pointing in that direction as her other arm offered a hand to him. She wanted to walk with him to there. She figured that, if she kept up friendly appearances, she might be able to train with this guy. That was something she needed, a sparring partner. Better him than nobody at all.

The following is a copost between Beta (Vincento) and Daws Combine (Cyst)

Vincento was a bit perplexed. While the girl he bumped into hadn't said anything, she DID point toward the stadium and put her hand out toward him. What was that supposed to mean? Why did she not simply say what was on her mind? "Scuci?" said the young Italian boy as he stared quizzically at the girl who had yet to say a single word in response to his rudeness. Granted, he didn't yet know all the facts. Had he known, he'd feel even more like a jerk.

Cyst frowned, not sure what to do, now. He clearly didn't know she couldn't talk, and he also didn't know she had no clue what he was saying. It was a horrible combination that got on the girl's nerves more than anything. She tried to remain calm, taking a deep breath before pointing to her throat. There were some scars from the fire, but they weren't too immediately apparent. She hoped he could put two and two together from that alone. Vladimir had always been the one to deal with this sort of thing. Not her.

Well, that sealed it. Any sort of respect Vincento had for himself temporarily crumbled away. It turned out the girl wasn't trying to be difficult, she simply couldn't speak. "Again, I'm sorry. Here, use this and let me know what you want to say." From his pocket, Vincento retrieved his smartphone. Modern technology really was a lifesaver, wasn't it? Though all the technology in the world could help him feel like the nice person he tried to play himself off as. After he unlocked the screen, he opened up the notepad and handed the little device over to the girl.

The girl took the phone with a confused frown, looking it over. What was this thing? She had gathered that he wanted her to use it to communicate, but she had no idea how. Eventually, she was able to bring up the keyboard. In English. She sighed and began typing the only English she knew. When she handed the phone back to him, it read "I cannot understand English. I only understand Russian. Please, forgive me." She didn't really know what that last part meant, but Vladimir had told her it was polite to add. So she always did.

And now Vince was zero for three. First he bumped into the girl, then assumed she was being difficult rather than simply unable to speak, and now assumed she understood English. The bright side was, now it would be easy to communicate. Taking his phone back, Vincento opened up the translator program he had installed shortly after he arrived at the academy. Selecting English to Russian, he entered "I'm so sorry for all this. If you need anything from here, I'd be happy to cover the cost to make it up to you." on the English side, which was promptly translated in a box on the other side of the screen.

Instead of simply handing the phone back, Vince would then show the girl how to swap the translator from English to Russian, into Russian to English. After all, she couldn't understand English so likely couldn't read the instructions of the translator unless they were in her native tongue. As the translator swapped, so too did the letters of the keyboard. Once again, technology saves the day. Vincento just wished it would have saved the day about three minutes ago.

Cyst was amazed at the translator, gawking at it with a slack jaw. How was this possible? She had seen people that knew several languages, but this was a brick of metal and glass. How could it possibly have done that? She didn't have any more time to ponder it before he was showing her more of what this thing could do. Soon enough, the languages had been swaped and she had a fully functional russian keyboard in front of her. She fumbled at the keys for nearly a full minute before she got out what she wanted to tell him, handing the phone back. "I don't need anything. I'm mapping the island. However, I will need you later. I have nobody to train with, and have not done any proper training in weeks. Interested?"

So she wanted a sparring partner? Well, that was simple enough. After all, this WAS a school for martial artists. But it raised a question that he simply had to ask. Typing into the keypad, Vincento soon handed the phone back. "I can spar after the tournament, sure. Unless I'm hurt. But why haven't you found someone to practice with yet? There are other Russian students here, after all. You could at least understand them better than me."

He wasn't trying to be nosy, but it was unusual that this girl hadn't found anyone to fight with that spoke her language. Oh crap. Vince snatched the phone back and added a little bit more text onto the end of what was already there. "My name is Vincento, by the way. Sorry for not giving my name sooner." Four times in as many minutes, he had been impolite. Vincento must have been going for some kind of record. His father would be very disappointed in him right now.

Cyst frowned at the question he imposed. Why hadn't she found anyone that spoke Russian yet? It was a good question, and one she wasn't sure she had the answer to. Still, she might as well tell him at least that. She was about to start typing when he snatched the phone back. Man, this guy was all over the place, today. She thought Italians were supposed to be womanizers. He wasn't trying very hard if that was the case, but stereotypes were unreliable. She slowly took the phone back, making sure he wasn't going to take it from her again before typing up her response. "I am unsure. I only arrived a few days ago, but I have not tried to talk to many people. This is my first time very far from my dorm, in fact... My name is Cyst. It is very nice to meet you, comrade Vincento."

That made sense. It also gave Vincento an idea as to how he could pay Cyst back for the impolite behavior he forced her to deal with. Though it was not his place to assume such things, the girl's appearance hinted slightly at the fact she wasn't one of the wealthier students at New Peaks Academy. A scholarship attendee, then? One of the "Mendicants" as some called them. Well, only one thing to do then. Typing into the phone again, Vince handed it back with a smile.

"Likewise. I suppose that makes sense, being new and all. So anyways, I'll get you a phone like this and put a translator on it so you won't have as much trouble communicating. I'll even throw in some pre-paid airtime to make up for my rudeness a bit ago. After that, I'd be happy to walk to the stadium with you." It wouldn't be too expensive, and he could always tell his dad that it was a Christmas gift for a friend if the issue was asked about. Granted, it likely wouldn't be... but you never knew with Vincento's family.

Cyst frowned as she read his offer, rubbing the back of her neck. It was far too much. She would forgive him with a simple fight, really. She wasn't one to hold a grudge. Still, her hobo instincts told her that passing this up would be akin to suicide. She didn't like suicide. She typed up her response as quickly as she could, wanting to get this over with and go to the stadium as quickly as possible. "I do not think that will be necessary, but I am never one to turn down a gift. Lead the way, Comrade. I will be happy to follow."

And with that, the duo headed to a nearby electronics store in the nearby Plaza A. Vincento quickly picked a later-model smartphone, sturdy and reliable like the one he owned. $175 once all was said and done, airtime card included. More than enough minutes to last a while, and the phone even came with a 4 gigabyte memory card! While not the biggest, it was also more than enough to use for a translator, study aid, and so on. Vince was then true to his word and installed a translator, as well as setting the phone itself to display things in Russian. After that, he had no idea what anything said and simply handed the device to his new friend.

Cyst took the phone and played around with it for a bit, getting all the necessary functions in her head before locking it. She slipped the phone into her waistband and looked out to the stadium, smiling. It was looking like it would be time to fight, soon. She couldn't wait. Fighting was one of the only things in the world she felt at home doing, and now she was going to do it for a crowd. She loved this school... Her hand grabbed Vince's wrist as she took off, practically dragging him to the stadium with a grin. She hoped she would be fighting him. That would make for some good entertainment.

About an hour had passed as the duo set everything up in the electronics store, making the current time around 3:00PM New Peaks time. More and more helicopters and boats had arrived, and the Senior demonstrations would be starting soon. But before Vincento could even say they should get going, Cyst grabbed his arm and tore out of the store like a rocket. Nearly stumbling and falling on his face, Vince was barely able to keep his footing and follow the incredibly eager girl to the stadium. Soon the tournament would begin and they might end up fighting. Vince hoped otherwise, as he always had trouble fighting people he made a fool of himself in front of. Of all things he disliked, the Italian boy hated being embarrassed the most.

bZckDIQ.jpg

The sky was clear and there was a cool light breeze today. Much better than before with the inclement weather she had hear was going on before her arrival. Seongji had only been at the school for a month by now and seemed to be enjoying it. Currently she was sitting in a patch of open grass not too far from where the guests where to arrive from. Famous fighter or family didn't matter much as her parents where to come and visit. Not much time had passed since she had last seen them but this was her first time away from both of her parents for so long and was relived when she found out that she would be able to see them quite soon.
Tao didn't take long to adjust to her new surroundings. She was getting to her classes on time and understanding how normal schools work and "homework" schedules would work out, rather than just doing her assignments all at once as she did with homeschooling. She was even forced to take part in her first unofficial match. It was more or less her being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but her score would easily be 1-0 if it had counted. But her first real fight was too come sooner or later. More likely sooner as the tournament was coming up. But it was nothing she was worried about. She was born into the arts and loved to partake in them. Within the month of attendance she hadn't made any friends, hence why she was just sitting alone waiting for her parents. The lack of friend was probably linked to the fact she was much more quiet than a lot of the other students. Of course that wasn't all a bad thing. This school WAS made for combat and that usually tied to a lot of emotional activity. Passion. Which she had a lot of. But just chose to keep to herself.

The time peacefully passed as she sat and lied quietly, thinking to herself and such. Enjoying outside. But as she knew it wasn't going to last long. Her father was coming and he was always one to make a sce- "Tao! My baby girl!" Seong shot up as she was laying on her back, hearing her nickname be called out quite loudly. "Guen dear please don't yell at Seong like that. You have a small reputation to uphold. Plus you're going to embarrass the poor girl." "Nonsense its been like forever!" Seong smiled lightly as she got to her feet and rushed over to them, taking her mother into a hug near immediately. "Mother, father! I'm so happy you made it." She pulled back keeping her smile as looked over to her father. "Oh yeah go to your mother first I see how it is. I convince her to come look for ya and I don't even get the first hug!" Seong rolled her eyes and moved to hug him. "I didn't hug you first because I know how much you like to drag it on.." She teased before he pulled her over to him for a hug.

The hellos and hugs continued for some time. Going over the "how do you like it here" and such. The usual. Eventually the mention of Seong's dorm came up and she got a bit excited, insisting that she showed them. So that is where they went. On their way to the dorm rooms.

Last edited by a moderator:
The following is a copost between Beta (Shotaro) and ImportantNobody (Hikaru)

Out of her corner of her eye, Hikaru spotted a familiar face approaching nonchalantly onto the beach off to her left side, just past the imaginary version of him that she was currently engaged in imaginary combat with as part of her training. Perhaps fighting the real deal would be a far better way of passing the time, and perhaps even allow her just a little bit of sweet revenge. He had brushed her off for too long now and she would not have it, even if she had to resort to childish tantrums to do it. She was used to acting more mature than this, but something in Shotaro and his attitude brought out feelings that she hadn't experienced in a while.

There wasn't a line at the snack bar today on account of the tournament, and Shotaro decided he'd take advantage of that fact and pick up a snack before the fighting started. "Yeah, let me get one of those crunchy-coated ice cream bar things." said New Peaks' top fighter to the attendant inside the little hut. Yeah, ice cream wasn't a healthy snack... but it WAS loaded with fats and sugars that would give him a little boost of energy for the upcoming fights. Plus, ice cream just tasted awesome.

"Enjoy that snack while you can, Shotaro..." Hikaru whispered childishly to herself as she spotted him ordering the all too popular frozen desert. She was in luck. His hands would be too full and his attention too devoted on it's tasty goodness to be able to defend himself from her onslaught, which she had been training on for some time now after the typhoon hit. Using a stereotypical creeping walk found in cartoons, she made her way across the empty portion of the beach while he was still luckily focused on his order, ducking behind the wall of the hut just as he was turning to leave with his snack in hand. She had him now...just a little closer...

She took a step back to give herself some distance for a running start, and as soon as his stupid looking face came into view she charged forward, lunging off the sand with her left foot and extending her right one towards his head using her limber, athletic body in a side kick motion that she had seen used in certain action movies. She didn't want to assault him with a weapon, a.k.a. her shinai, so a "playful" kick was all she would resort to without proper permission in an actual fight.

As soon as he had a hold of the frozen treat, Shotaro was under attack from someone. Who it was, he didn't yet know; only the quiet tapping of feet on sand gave the assailant away, but it was too late to save his snack. The girl's kick hit home against Shotaro's left shoulder, causing him to drop the ice cream bar into the sand below. While the kick didn't exactly feel the greatest, the fact he could never relax anymore seemed to irritate Shotaro even more.

In one swift motion, Shotaro torqued his left arm and grabbed the girl's leg just below the knee. He'd then lower the offending leg by force, pushing it to the ground where it belonged. He'd then say one thing as he turned to face her. "That one was free. I'd take that for what it's worth and go brag or whatever. So unless there was something MORE you wanted, I have another snack to buy so I can relax before my fights."

As Hikaru's leg was brought off course, her entire body was thrown off balance. This caused her to take a tumble into the sand at his feet, landing face first. Her cheeks were a bit red as she shoved her face and torso back off of the ground with her right hand, her legs still laying off to the side. With her left she brushed off some of the sand still clinging too her, although there was too much to get all of it with a couple of passes.

She didn't feel as good as she thought she would have, having gotten a hit on him where many others failed. Perhaps it was due to the circumstances and the nagging feeling that she had been out of line even if he was a jerk who deserved a good kick or two. She turned her glance back downwards after looking up only for the brief moment, not looking him in the eye.

"I-...I'd like an apology from you for my brother..." she trailed off, still half laying there. "I tried getting past your little group earlier but they kept turning me away..."

Oh it was THAT girl. Everything made more sense now. But before he answered the girl's request, Shotaro ordered a new ice cream bar. After taking a bite of it, he stared at the girl for a moment before he spoke. "Listen... you." he didn't know her name, so he couldn't really call her by it. "I remember the last time you tried this, and you weren't exactly polite then. This time, you fucking kick me and expect ME to apologize?" Shotaro shook his head and rolled his eyes with that statement. "Either you're half-retarded, or you were raised by wild boars."

Taking another bite of the frozen snack, Shotaro thought back to the first encounter he had with this girl. "Aiko, right? That was your brother's name?" It was likely that the girl didn't expect him to remember the name... but given what happened, it wasn't a name Shotaro would forget too easily. "Or am I mistaking you for someone else?"

Hikaru was taken off guard that he'd get that close to his name, showing that he cared just a little, although it was still just as annoying for him to mispronounce it, meaning that he didn't yet care quite hard enough either. She got onto her feet and began to brush the sand off her outfit. "Akio Tsukuda, and my name is Hikaru," she replied in an irked tone, able to look him in the eye again.

Right. That was the name. "Whatever. I have a lot of names to remember. Sorry I messed up one of them. Anyway." A bit of the now-melting ice cream dripped onto his bare chest as he took a third bite. "Listen. Injuries happen here at New Peaks. If you really think I landed your brother in a coma on purpose, you've got a sick mind and a poor opinion of people." The events were still clear as day in Shotaro's mind. One little slip on some sweat that was left on the floor mats, and Shotaro's foot slammed into his opponent's skull rather than their shoulder blade.

"There was an investigation and everything. Surely you could have found that out if you weren't so hell-bent on revenge." Taking a moment to allow a response of some sort, Shotaro finished his ice cream treat before it made even more of a mess. Swimming in the sea would clean it off, sure. But that didn't mean he WANTED to get ice cream drippings all over himself.

"...I..." she didn't know how to properly respond to this. Maybe he wasn't as bad of a person as he had first seemed? Although she saw him acting like a jerk all the time...could she really be wrong about him? Well, at the very least she did owe him an apology for this incident. "I'm sorry," she said at last, bowing her head just ever so slightly. Perhaps she wouldn't bug him any more for the time being and see if he was going to prove himself to be a better person in the long run.

If she found him to still be a jerk then she'd knock him over the head after challenging him to a fight. "It's just that you could be more careful and considerate," she added at the end, hoping a lecture would help further his transition into an upstanding citizen of the school. He was thick headed so might need the advice. The fact that she should take her own advice was not lost on her, however.

So now this Hikaru girl was telling him to be considerate? After blindsiding him for no real reason? Well wasn't that just adorable. "I'm plenty considerate, given my position. Moreso than you'd think. Partially because I don't just kick people out of nowhere." After walking to a nearby rubbish bin, Shotaro threw away the stick his ice cream had been on. Turning back toward Hikaru, Shotaro's expression went from annoyed to... now really sympathetic, but not really anything else. It was tough to describe in words.

"What happened to your brother sucked total ass, but he's NOT the first person to be severely injured here. Go look at the yearbooks they keep in the library if you don't believe me." This had really dragged on long enough, and Shotaro was eager to get a quick swim in before he had to head to the stadium. "So can I go now? Or did you want to try to kick me again? It won't be free next time, so that's your call." he asked as he started to walk toward the water's edge.

"No...that's all for now," she said in a discouraged tone as she scooped up her discarded belonging from the nearby sand. She was no longer in the mood to focus on her training so she decided to leave the beach entirely and go back to her room and clean herself up a bit. Maybe even take a shower to clean up the sweat and sand from her training exercise. After that she'd try to relax in her room a bit before the tournament would begin.

As the time of the appraisal grew closer, Gerald's nervous pacing picked up speed. He was literally counting off the seconds inside his head while at the same timed, he tried going over the forms he had learned and re-learned over the past month so that he would be more effective, but the only thing that got him was a mild headache. So he stopped trying to think, focusing on his steps instead, which slowly made his speed increase, which made him even more nervous in turn. It was a self-defeating, vicious cycle that ended when he started feeling sick in his stomach as a result of his many abrupt turnabouts, then he had to sit down on a nearby bench in order to try to calm down. Yet there was no escaping this strange hell that the scarred boy had created for himself until the time finally came.

The hell that awaited inside was quite easy to describe: Gerald had no idea what he was doing and yet he was still doing it. He had absolutely no recollection of what he did inside because the whole thing went by in a nervous breeze that he had absolutely no control over. He only remembered getting the evaluation paper and being stunned when his rank was displayed in front of him in the form of the letter D and a 1 besides it. He had improved two levels. Two. Damn. Levels. For anyone that was not Gerald, that would have been a miracle under so little time, but to him, it was a curse that he had no idea how to escape. He could not even butcher the assignment on purpose because the nerves got the better of him!

It was absurd. It was so absurd that it had to be a dream. Right? There was nothing else that could have happened because there was no way that he actually improved when he entered and... and... Shit. Somewhere, in the dark corners of his mind, the scarred boy realised that his plan of hiding during his whole university stay was not working at all, no matter how hard he tried. The sudden increase in two ranks was sure to be noticed, not to mention that if they looked into his record, they would see that he had avoided everything thrown at him so far except the written tests in the classroms, most of which he did very well on. Too well, he realised as the nightmare started to set in.

Now the nervousness was not only in his stomach. It came up to his mouth. Realising what was about to happen, the scarred boy quickly folded his evaluation paper, then he ran for the restrooms so he would not inconvenience anyone. Though he knew he should not have been doing this, it was the only way to save some face, so he tore open the outside door, then he ran into one of the stalls.

And to anyone who was even remotely close to him or, in fact, standing in the hallway, it was clear that someone inside was not well. At all.

Brad was spending some alone time in one of the stalls of a men's bathroom. He wasn't exactly using the stall, but with the door closed, who could tell. He was centering himself, using the cool quiet, and slightly dim room to calm himself. It could almost be called meditating, it had a similar effect, to be sure. As confident as he was, he was still a bundle of nerves. He heard his parents were going to be here, and it would be the first time he's seen them since he left. Win or lose, he'd still have proven himself, year right. He had to win, Johnsons are winners, not losers. If he wanted his parents to be proud, he had to win, otherwise...he couldn't face his parents.

Brad exhales, then takes a slow, deep breath through his mouth, and he takes a drink from a bottle of water he has with him. He's slightly cold, yet he is sweating. It could be part nerves, and partly because he is focusing his Ki and moving it throughout his body, energizing it. If he could see the water in the toilet below him, it would be moving in a circular motion, from the amount of Ki flowing through him. He had gained a handle on his powers. He couldn't prevent the drain, but he could control it, increasing or decreasing it at will, to an extent. Nothing major, he couldn't actually 'attack' with it, but he could influence the effect somehow, someway. In this, at least, he could control his fate.

It was then that Bradley heard someone enter the bathroom, rush into a stall, and lose their lunch. "You okay in there?" Bradley says, "Can I help you to the Nurse's office?"

After getting bitched at by Shotaro yet again, Junkiro merely sighed in exasperation and stood up, now unable to go back to sleep. Shotaro, as usual, was a jerk, but what could he do against the bully and blackmailer? He can't stand up to him; that'd get him sent to the infirmary again. He can't avoid him, since that would simply get him ratted out and probably institutionalized....what was there to do? "Arrgh!" Jun groaned hysterically at the thought. Shotaro really knew how to keep a guy under lock and key....

"Done having a pity party yet?" A voice from the hallway made Jun jump, and he looked up to spot Siu, giving him a cold look as she examined him up and down. "Or are you going to be serving tea soon?"

Junkiro bristled. "I am not having the pity party! I'm just...frustrated." He couldn't very well tell Siu the real situation, or Shotaro'd be on him faster than he was on stage for karaoke night. He crossed his arms and looked away in classic 'defeated' pose, letting out another sigh of frustration.

"I don't wana hear it, freshman." Siu stormed up to Junkiro and, before he could make a move, slapped him across the face, hard. Junkiro took a moment to process the pain and what in the hell just happened before she continued. "So what if Shotaro's a dick to you? Why is that stopping you from fighting? Are his words physically crippling? Because I'm pretty sure they aren't. Imperius Gloria members don't quit just because some asshole told them off. They work harder to overcome that asshole and bring glory to our group. If you don't work at it...you'll be the asshole. Got it?" Siu quickly turned on her heel and stormed away, frustration evident on her face from having to pep talk the new kid.

Junkiro, his cheek still stinging from the slap, pondered her words for a moment. She didn't say it outright, but the message was clear...ignore Shotaro and keep working hard. He was cautious of the idea; ignoring the senior could result in more kicks to the stomach. But maybe if he left Shotaro alone, Shotaro would leave him alone. It could work....now wide awake after that slap, Junkiro silently made a decision not to respond to Shotaro any longer unless he had to. Feeling a bit exuberant from his revelation, he decided to head out and scope out the tournament scene.

On his way, he passed by a few of the dorms. In front of one of the female ones, he looked down at the ground, focusing on his plan for the tournament. He would open with a Kyokushin stance, since many freshman knew he fought that way, then he'd break out a couple wrestling moves...mix it up, keep them gues-

WHAP.

Junkiro fell to the ground after smacking into a female student. Looking up, she appeared to be with her parents, likely for the tournament. Junkiro didn't invite his parents; he expected no good would come from them being on American soil. Regardless, he was at fault for the accident. "Ah! M-my apologies, miss! I was not watching where I go...."

bZckDIQ.jpg

Seongji and her family continued on their walk to the dorms laughing and talking as if they hadn't seen each other in years. For Seong it did feel that way. And deep down she knew how lucky the timing was that she arrived able to see her family so soon again. But that deep down would stay down and she was to enjoy the moments now. Plus she had fights she needed to worry about more than being home-sick. After all, combat was part of her schooling, and she took both very seriously.

The three had nearly made it to their destination without too much of a problem getting around. No one seemed to notice who her father was so that was a plus. Then again South Korea was a small place so it would be hard for anyone who knew about the fighting scene there not to notice him. But as said before it wasn't a problem. They where all locked in a deep physical and mental conversation, which meant her and her father where shoving at each other and ended in Seong yelping and stumbling back as a hand shot up to her face. Not that it hurt THAT bad. It just caught her by surprise in a light hearted moment. After her mother and father both got a hand on her to keep her from either falling or just wanting to touch her she looked down to see an apologetic boy beneath her.

He seemed to be oriental like she was, only he wasn't Korean she figured. He also seemed to have a slight broken English to add to it. Not that it mattered much, she was just quick to make observations. Despite her parents babbling and asking of her well being she nodded before bending over just enough to reach out a hand to the boy to help him up. "Oh its fine really, you just took me by surprise. I wasn't paying much attention either, so we are both at fault." And her small explanation was followed with a smile as she waited for him to take her and and ultimately stand back up.
Meanwhile it seemed her parents had continued to walk without their daughter figuring she was alright. Maybe to get some alone time? To embarrass her? She hadn't thought about it yet mostly because she didn't notice yet.

Zen was growing tired of the training he had pushed through. Training with Jakob he had managed to improve his martial art skills and now it was the time for him to show that he was ready. He was paired up with a snake looking guy. This one was a rank higher in his fighting rank. Zen had readied his position and used his new knowledge to pursue this fight. The fight had taken a good four minutes before the opponent Zen was placed up against was struck to the ground with a quick right jab.

Jakob had declared Zen the winner of the fight and had allowed him to rank up to his newer rank but even he knew the battle wasn't over. Zen snapped awake from the daydream he was stuck in. This was nearly a month ago, yet it was still his favorite moment of the year so far. The period of time it took to train had taken months and paid off after the third attempt at a new rank. But now it was a new day and the newer battle was the question of course his rank wouldn't go un-noticed by others but the tournament was ahead. Within the hour practically and soon they would placed into testing their skills. Zen proceeded to the halls with a plan to find out as much as possible about the new challenge arising. Apparently it was pretty common around this time of year.

The chatter around him began to take notice to his interest. He wasn't the only one who was curious about the tournament. He jumped from conversation to conversation chiming in here and there. "Hey did you know some students can still win even if they're a lower rank?" Or something around the lines of "You don't get a break it's back to back fighting good luck!" Of course he didn't know what was true and what was false. He had even heard one student died after fighting one of the Imperious Glorious students. That was a fight he wanted to stay far from if it was possible but he assumed he would get paired against at least one of them.

When had assumed his knowledge of the upcoming battles were good enough he went back to his dorm room and pulled out a notepad and pen to work on drawing up fighting scenarios. It was a simple stick figure drawing but it sufficed enough to show him how he would block a kick or even a punch. Even he knew things wouldn't go down exactly like this but it gave him enough. It was only a matter of time before everyone would be called upon to fight. Now all that was left was a little patience and waiting.

Lucina and I worked together!

Junkiro, after taking a moment to regain his bearings, gingerly took the hand of his collision victim and righted himself on his feet. Nothing was particularly hurt, but he was still a bit disoriented. His mind had been racing just a few moments earlier, so now he was full of pent-up energy with nowhere to put it. There was still time before the tournament....what to do...

It occured to Jun that the parents of this girl had moved on, completely oblivious to the situation at hand. Not wanting to waste her time, he looked down at his feet, bowing in apology. No doubt he was blushing. "Please, don't worry about me, your family is more important..."

Seong looked over the boy as she awaited his responce. He seemed to be normal for the most part. Well, normal would usually mean the standard of a persons personality in the area, so he wasn't "normal". But in that case neither was she. So it wasn't really a big problem. "Oh no, don't worry about them, they will be fine without me for a few moments. Are you alright? We bumped heads kind of hard. Can I take a look?" Without thinking she went to reach for his forehead to look over him more thoroughly. But right before she actually reached him she froze.

'Wait what am I doing.. I don't even know this boy..' Thoughts ran through her head all at once. Come to think of it, she had never really had much outside contact with anyone other than her family and a few of the students at the Dojos she whent to. Yet here she was attempting to care for a boy she knew nothing about. With those thoughts she pulled back away from him and looked off to the side. "I'm very sorry I shouldn't have done that.." Her voice became a bit lower as she started to speak again.

Junkiro, ever the pleaser, was fine, and yet she wanted to look? A bit of an odd request, but if she insisted...as Jun was sticking out his head for her, however, she pulled back, which made him cock his head in a bit of confusion. She was a bit different, wasn't she? Then again, compared to Gerald, she seemed perfectly typical, so he decided to give her the benefit of the doubt.

"You don't need to worry about myself...I've taken more beatings here than probably any other student...my training and my fights have made me tough as a nail!" Jun sheepishly laughed at his own lame joke, trying to cheer this girl up. Sure, he had just met her...but the last positive interaction he'd had with a student, honestly, was Vincento, so he was more than open to making friends.

Tao simply bit her cheek before finally looking back at the boy attempting to ease the awkward tention that she had accidentally brought up. Her hands made their way behind her back before looking back up at him. She wasn't one to be shy or upset. She was just at a weird pause due to the new interaction she just faced. But she wasn't one to dwell on it. So she spoke up. "Heh.. Well thats good to hear. I'm new and all. A transfer I suppose. And I've yet to really fight anyone here." Her odd expression slowly turned back into a caring one, a smile even. "But thats due to change I'm sure, with the tournament and all coming up.." And with that she gave a quick glance over to her parents, who where now waiting on her. But with no rush of course.

"And yourself? You've been here a while?" Her instinctive attempt at small talk seemed to come natural. Still weird to her. And maybe a bit unnecessary.

"Could say I've been around...just a first year myself, but I have been told I have had more fights than some second years..." Looked like the situation had fixed itself, and everything was fine; that was good, because Jun didn't exactly do well with awkward situations. "My record...it isn't too good, but I believe it is all experience, after all. But...if you've just gotten here...are you entering the tournament today?"

Jun had briefly forgotten the tournamnet, after all-good thing it was still a few hours away, or he would have been in serious trouble. Still, it looked like her parents were waiting now..."Ah...if I'm keeping you, it is no trouble, I promise..." There was that blush again. Way to go, embarrassing yourself again...

With a small nod as he spoke she listened to all he had to say. Multiple fights in one year already? Goodness. Not that she could say much, she fought quite a bit back home. It was bound to happen here as well. "Well, Yes I suppose I am. My father is quite the fighter himself. He taught me a lot. So I would like to show him all that I've gathered over the years. What not a better time, yeah?" She smiled again and started to notice his blush. Was he blushing at her? Or the situation? She coudln't tell really, and wasnt going to ask. So with that she shook her head. "I'm in no rush, but please don't let me keep you if you have some place to be."

So despite just having gotten here, New Peaks had her entered in the tournament, huh? That was awfully convenient, but it meant there was one more competitor for Jun to look forward to. His eyes lit up as he gave her a winning smile. "If you're gonna try and prove yourself...you will have to go through me, after all!" He let out a laugh as he finished that sentence. Experience or not, there were already some tough customers in the freshman year. Vincento, obviously, but no doubt there were some unknowns waiting to take the gold as well.

"Do not worry, like I said. My schedule is free until the tournament, so if you would like to do something, it is no trouble for me." Finally the blush in his cheeks was starting to recede; with luck it'd stay that way. No need embarrassing himself further...

Tao bit her lip with a smile at his chalange. She did enjoy when people expected a fight out of her, "Well good. Ill be glad to face you if I must. I will warn you not to go easy~" She teased before laughing and looking over to her parents again as if she was to say something about them. But as she looked up she came to see her father made his way back and patted the boy on the back somewhat roughly. "Ah, Hey Tao. Me and your mother are gonna head out to eat. We havn't since we got here. If we don't see ya before the tournament we will be watchin' and we will see you after you win. Have fun with your friend here." Seong opened her mouth to speak but was quickly cut off by her fathers loud laugh as he walked away to meet with her mother again. She was probably going to say something about the friend comment but rather kept to herself.

"Uh.. Really sorry about that.. He is quite a handful.." She sighed and straightened herself and her clothes out before holding out her hand again, as if to give a handshake. "Oh how rude of me. I never introduced myself. I'm Seongji Tou. Its nice to meet you. My father and mother are Sooguen and Sunmi."

Well, it certainly seemed like she liked a challenge. This brought a warm smile to Jun's face; there wasn't much he liked more than a good competition. It looked like she was about to head back to her parents, but then he suddenly found himself being patted on the back in what appeared to be a case of mistaken identity. Friend? He just met her! Either way, it looked like her schedule had opened up a bit as a result, which wasn't a bad thing at all.

"Believe me, I would do many things to have parents like them...." Jun immediately dropped the topic; his family wasn't something he much enjoyed talking about. "A pleasure to meet you...my name is Junkiro Iwazuma, and I hail from Japan." Jun took Seongji's hand gently for a moment as a friendly gesture, but made sure not to hold on too long. Hopefully she wouldn't notice his testiness about his parents...

She had noticed his small mention of his parents and actually noticed that he was alone. Not that every students parents were to show up, but his wern't and she could easily tell why. But she wasnt one to judge. If anything it didn't mean anything to her unless he wanted it to. And it seemed like he didn't so that was the end of that. After the mention of his name she gave him a small bow. Force of habit. "It's very nice to meet you Junkiro-San." She giggled at her own little joke. Adding the honorific at the end to hopefully get him in a bit of a positive mood. "If you coudln't tell I come from Korea. My family and I would travel a lot, but never out of country. This is also my first time away from home like this."

Junkiro thanked his lucky stars that his family remained safely out of the conversation, and began to walk with Seongji, headed no place in particular. She noted the little add-on to his name; it was cute, he gave it that. "From what I've seen of New Peaks...this place can be just like home, or a foreign country...it all depends on where you go to. Of course, English is also a needed thing...and mine is less than perfect, as you might have guessed." Junkiro flushed again; what the heck was it with him and nice girls that made his cheeks brighter than cherries? "For me, I just tend to go wherever I like. I've had a fight in nearly every arena here...so I have learned many things about the cultures of other countries."

Tao followed along acordingly. She hadn't gotten out much other than to go to her classes, so she didn't really know much about the school gounds. Though by the way Jun was speaking he had more than enough knowledge for the both of them. "Luckily my parents got me to learn english a while ago. You can tell its not your first language, but its definatly understandable." Her hands eventually found themselves attached to her elbows respectivly as she had her arms crossed behind her back as they where walking. "You really have fought a lot here then in just a year? Er.. Well I can somewhat see that.. A girl attempted to fight me as I havn't been here long. Though it only turned into a small altercation rather than a fight."

She slowly started to move to where she was more next to him rather than following slightly behind. "When I got here as well I was asked to take some tests to give me a 'rank' I think they called it. I've yet to find out what it means and all. But they told me I was a "C-2, almost a 1". Could you explain that to me?"

Junkiro glanced over at his new friend, mild surprise on his face. C-2 already? At this rate, Vicento might have competition after all. "Ranks here are like measures of your level of skill...the better you are at fighting, the higher your rank will become. Take me...I'm C-3, which has me right around the upper third of freshman, maybe a little more better. They go as low as E and as high as S, from numbers 3 to 1...pretty easy, you tend to forget about it when you fight as much as I have."

The pair had wandered into the market district, and Billy Bob's Cajun Punch had caught his eye. "It's no good fighting on an empty stomach...why don't we get some lunch before the tournament begins?"

Tao nodded in understanding before taking a light breath. "Oh of course.. I don't know why I didn't figure that out on my own. Heh. Im silly. Though with your experience I'm sure you could be just as good as a two, or maybe even a one." She gave him a light smile before looking around at where they where. Shops all around. Obviously the markets. She had said she was to check it out one day. Suppose today was that day. With his suggestion, she nodded again and they lead into the place Jun seemed to be drawn to. "You seem excited for this tournament. I know I'm entered and all but I really am not sure what to do about it."

The two continued their conversation waiting in line to order.

"What to do about it? Easy, silly, you do your best and hope to win, right?" Jun let himself laugh again; he needed to do more of that since Shotaro took over his life. "I figure I'll go at least one or two rounds before I run into the trouble...I figure you could probably do just as well." He gave her a warm smile before turning to the cashier, ordering himself a New Orleans-style burger (whatever that meant). Quickly paying with the stipend New Peaks gave him, he waited for his friend to order, giving him a chance to really give her a good look. She definitely had a level of attraction, Jun would admit...

"You're too kind.." She gave off a small giggle as he finished and moved off to the side for her to order as well. She actually took a while as well. Not looking at the menu until she actually made it up to the counter. Yeah, one of those people. But it was mostly because she never really went out to eat much. So after looking up at the menu she ended up just getting a lemonade and left it at that. Slowly she turned to look at Jun while taking a sip of her drink. She wouldn't exactly catch him looking over her, but she did see him looking at her. "I really didn't know what I wanted. but I should be alright. I might grab a snack later."

After another sip she pointed over to a group of empty tables which consisted of normal ones with chairs around it and a booth. "Did you want to sit in a chair or a booth?" She asked plainly.

As Seongji received her lemonade, Jun's burger had arrived, so the timing could not have been better. "Like I said, I just go wherever I feel." Jun sauntered into the dining area, eventually deciding on a two-person booth off to the side. He carefully slid himself in on one end, waiting for his friend to join.

"I'm not sure what Cajun means, but I bet it means spicy, if this burger is anything to go by." Another laugh from him, this one a bit more sheepish than the others. Jun wasn't the best at small talk, and he was certain his cheeks would be telling her that story by now.

Tao followed suit and sat across from the boy and put her drink down under her face to where she could drink from the straw and keep her hands in her lap. "My my, Such a deep feeling. Going where the wind takes you is it? Did the wind push you to sit down at this specific table?" She smiled teasingly as she toyed with him. She wasn't to be mean, but being around her father caused the small pokes of fun to come out in her conversations the longer she spoke. "Cajun is like.. French foods I believe? I could be wrong.. Food has never been my forte." After speeking she took the straw back into her mouth to drink again.

A single bite of the spicy burger told Junkiro otherwise. "Definitely not French food....I think it's...um...southern America if I'm not wrong? Who cares, this is delicious!" The burger was quickly attacked by Junkiro, reduced to nothing in just a minute or two. "Actually, you could say something else brought me here...." Jun glanced out the window, where a perfect view of the market district was displayed before them. "A pretty good view, if you ask me...." What Jun didn't realize is that he was looking directly at Seongji when he said that, not outside.

She couldnt help but give off a small laugh as she watched the boy eat. He was done in practically no time, so it seemed it was better she didn't get any food. She wouldn't have even been half done. As he looked out the widow her eyes followed. Tao wasn't exactly a sentimental person, but it did look nice out. "You're right. It's not too bad." She spoke before turning to catch him looking over her this time. It had taken her a while since being out in public was somewhat new, but she figured what his constant blush was for. Not to push at it, she gave off a laugh under her breath and looked down at the top of her cup before mumbling something to herself with a smile.

Jun didn't catch whatever Seongji said, but it came to his attention he was staring a bit. He embarrassedly glanced off in another direction, surveying the restaurant. It wasn't particularly full...probably because everyone was getting in some last minute training. Jun, on the other hand, was appreciating the time off Mr. LeBlanc had given him for today. "I think we've had enough random chatter...tell me about you. I'm not making friends without knowing at least some sort of thing about them, after all." He cracked a smile at that comment; after all, he had barely asked a thing about her...

Tao bit at the straw currently in her mouth as he asked to know about her. She didn't know what to say. All this interaction was new to her. So she figured she would try and fix her problem by being blunt. "Honestly I don't.. know how to explain myself. If you ask me a question I could answer it for you pretty easily I suppose. What would you like to know?" Her lips parted from the drink as she sat up to sound more clear than slightly muffled with something impeding her mouth. "Asking anything is fine really." With that she sat back completely to have her back against her seat.

She seemed a bit tongue-tied....perfectly normal, he supposed. More normal than Gerald, the poor shy kid. Jun brought his hand to his chin, thinking about what to ask first. "Hmm....I suppose I could start with....what kind of girl are you? Arty, sporty...you know what I mean, right?"

Seong actually didn't really know what he meant. But she wasn't going to tell him that, she'd rather try to answer to the best of her ability. "Uhm.. I enjoy fighting I suppose?" Oh? Really? Who would have guessed? Noticing what she had said she lightly shook her head right after and tried to correct herself. "What I mean is all I've really done nearly my whole life is train. Thanks to my father being who he is I was put into training very early. Not that I regret it one bit." There, that was a better answer. Or so she thought. She didn't know, only hoped it was good enough for him.

"So, a fighter, huh....but isn't that like everyone?" Jun cocked his head, trying to help the girl along; it seemed like she didn't understand the question too well. "Umm, how can I put it...what do you like to do besides fighting? There's gotta be something, I would think...like me...I like to enjoy good food and swim...some things like that."

Even with Jun's attempt to help her, it technically did. It helped her notice that she really didn't do much else. Which didn't upset her, but made it a bit more dificult to relate to anyone else. "Well.. I never really did anything else..I did my schooling and trained. Thats all I ever wanted to do. It was the most fun thing to do." She shifted a bit in her seat after speaking.

Uh oh. Looks like he hit a sensitive spot....Jun immediately moved to try and comfort her. "It's okay, I'm sure you are not alone...that's why New Peaks is cool, you get to learn things about yourself you never knew....like I didn't know I think Cajun food is amazing until five minutes ago!" Jun gave her a reassuring smile; did that do the trick?

Tao gave the best short laugh she could muster. She knew people who didn't fight and train like she had her whole life did other things, but those "other things" never really came to mind for her. She just wanted to become strong like her mother and father and she still did to this day. "Im not very.. Normal when it comes to things like this.. Honestly-.." She paused and leaned over to take another sip of her drink. "-Honestly this is the first time I've been out to eat with another person other than my family. I've never gone swimming, but from showers and such I know I don't enjoy water on my head or face for long periods of time. And as for food I only have eaten for my diet."

Slowly she sat up again and took a deep breath. "Maybe asking me things is a bad idea. You'll just find out how much more weird I am than other people." She said that blankly. It didn't really bother her. It was the truth that she just decided to speak before he would notice internally. "Or.. How simple I am, I suppose."

"Trust me, you're not weird." Jun had met weirdos here, and Seongji, while a bit simple, definitely didn't fit the bill. "But don't worry, there will be plenty of off time to explore some interests....I know that for sure." Jun put his arms behind his head, relaxing from his meal. "Well, if asking you questions is not good...you could always ask me some." Jun gave the girl a wink, then sat back in his seat; he didn't want to come off as flirting....right now, anyways.

"Ask.. you.." She mumbled to herself while looking down. Then after a few moments she slowly looked up to him again. "Can you hit me?" Immediatly she made a sound and quickly tried to correct herself. "I-I mean! Like.. Could you spar with me really quick? I'm a bit out of practice and with the tournament in a few hours I need to make sure..." She started to trail of in her speach. Of course that wasn't the kind of question he was asking for, but with fighting being close to the only thing on her mind, thats what came out. "Well.. Not so much spar.. I won't hit you.. I just need to see something.." After the last bit she put her mouth to the straw yet again.

Hit her? Junkiro almost immediately panicked at the words, then calmed a bit when she corrected herself to spar. Still, he couldn't help but wonder what exactly she meant. "Well, it would not be safe to truly spar right before the tournament, since one of us could get injured, but if you just want to see something, I don't see why not..." Jun stood slowly, waiting for Seongji, then led her out of Billy's, taking her to a quiet clearing behind the market district. "I have been here for a demonstration a few times...so what do you need me to do?"

Following after the boy she found herself in a fairly open area standing across from him. Her hands where connected in front of her body as she took a deep breath while trying to find the words to explain. "As I said blankly before.. I want you to attempt to hit me without holding back at all. You shouldn't worry about me or anything, and I won't strike at you either. Just actually attempt to hit me.." And with that she slowly pulled her hands up and twisted her body to the side. She had one hand to her side and the other out in front of her, both palms facing out. More or less this was her fighting stance that she put up against him. Not even reassuring if he was to accept her request.

It took Jun a full minute to process her request. She wanted him to hit her without any attempt to hit back? This was a bit strange...maybe she had some sort of power related to this? If she was so insistent on this, she was either masochistic or had a plan...Jun silently prayed for the second one as he took a step back. "Alright, if you insist of me..." After a few seconds of mental preparation, Junkiro lunged forward, aiming a straight kick directly at her midsection.

Tao had taken a deep breath to prepare herself as the boy had taken some time as well. After the breath he did as she had asked and went at her. With her body already turned, she stepped forward into is kick and used the arm next to her hip to wrap around the side of his leg, effectively holding him still and thrusting her other arm forward to stop right before it would make contact with him. Of course she could be so forward with the attack because she didn't exactly 'say' what she was going to do, and she even kept her promise and didn't hit him back. Though not but a second or two passed until she let off him and took a step back into her stance. "Really, really try to hit me." She said with a smile, awaiting him.

Interesting....looked like she had more training than he had initially thought. The catch of his leg was impressive...but he still had a trick or two up his sleeve if she wanted him that badly. "Again, alright, if you insist..." Jun took another step back, this time approaching more upright. He faked a punch at her left shoulder, then immediately tucked and swept his leg around, hoping to catch her legs out from under her.

Out of reaction, Tao brought up a hand to meet his punch and block it, but came to see the feign and adjusted for the sweep. But rather than attempting a normal block she dropped her entire body down causing the impact of the kick to hit against the whole side of her leg and she lunged her body forward in attempt to somewhat tackle Jun to the ground. Of course her movements where quick and a bit rough, but the tackle itself was primaraly to just get him to the ground to keep him from attacking again. If it succeeded it would just leave Tao sitting on her knees next to him laying on his back.

While he didn't knock her off her feet, what happened next was absolutely perfect for him. As he registered her coming in for a tackle, a smile crept to his lips as he activated his power. He took the tackle full-on, but rather than come apart, Seongji found herself stuck to Junkiro. Acting quickly, he rolled over, pinning her to the dirt, then stuck his hands and legs to the ground, preventing escape. He pressed himself to her as tightly as possible to prevent movement and gave her a smirk. "Got you, I win!"

Tao felt an overwhelming amount of force keeping her attached to the boy which in turn ended her beneath him somewhat pinned down. She was in a bit of awe as to what had just happened. She was... Stuck to him, literally.. "Wha.." Granted her attempt at the tackle was more to defuse the situation as she had seen all that she wanted in those two short exchanges, but now her mind was all over the place. She had never had an encounter with something like that before. Or.. Rather was it the same thing as her and her father. Regardless she had never fought someone that used some type of ability on her. "Well.. I did say "hit" me.. Heh.. You only pinned me with.. Whatever you just did. But fair enough." She gently patted his side as if 'tapping out' for him to allow her to stand again.

Jun let out a short laugh at her tapping out. "Ah, I had to hit you?" Jun casually raised a hand and poked Seongji in the cheek. "There we go!" He laughed loudly as he unstuck himself, rolling off of the girl before rising to his feet. "You have a great reaction time, but you'll have to learn a bit about adapting to a situation. A great many of the students, even freshmen, here have unique abilities like my adhesion, and it'll mess your game up if you don't consider them." Jun stretched his arms a bit, not wanting them to get stale before the tournament. "But I can see you going far."

So everyone, well a lot of people, had abilites as well just like her. Though they where different. Now normally Seong wouldn't go fo a tackle in a normal fight so Juns ability wouldn't have been too big of an issue with getting pinned in a real fight. But that didn't mean someone elses power would be so forgiving with her fighting style. It also didnt mean his power was completely useless against her. Turns out this little bout was much more informational than she had anticipated.

Tao stood and dusted herself off, fixing her skirt to sit right and all, then looked over at Jun. "I.. Really never thought about it before.. I have something like an ability as well, but I never thought other people would too.." She huffed before speaking again. "But now its in my mind that I have to watch out for them, so I thank you. This has been a lot of help." As she spoke she bowed to him to be polite. She was genuinly thankful.

"You don't need to worry about it. Always happy to help." Jun gave the girl a big smile, then glanced at his watch. "Looks like the tournament will be starting in a couple hours now...anything you'd want to do in the meantime?" With nothing better to do, Jun flopped on the ground, just staring up at the clouds. It was good to relax before a few big fights; if you worried, you'd just mess up big time when the event came, after all.

With a small breath, Tao looked around the area. Not to really find anything important. Just to kind of learn the area. Her eyes eventually fell upon Jun as he lied looking at the sky. "I don't really have anything to do.. I don't go out much.. But I do think I need to talk to my father about a few things before the tournament now.." She didn't think about it, or know if she was making it obvious she was worried about the whole "ability" thing. She didn't know how it would go or how to deal with it. Maybe her father could give her some insite. Not that she couldn't ask the boy she was currently with, she just found it natual to go to her dad.

"I don't mean to leave so suddenly.. I had a very nice time with you. Just things I must take care of." And with that she gave him a small bow. "If anything I will try to find you before it all starts, Junkiro-San. Thank you again." Not but a few seconds after she turned around and began to head off to hopefully find her parents.

Siel finally got up from the ground and grabbed the water he had bought recently. After leaving his room, Siel went to the market to grab a water before the event. Then he went out to one of the parks and meditated on the grass. He wanted the quiet sound of nature but it ended up being louder than he hoped for. The people talking with their families had also preferred the park to catch up at. 'Why is it that when one area is loud people then flock there then try to be louder?' Walking to the tournament area, Siel couldn't help but feel a tinge of something similar to desire when he heard the families talking. Shaking his head, the feeling disappeared. "Gotta focus on the event... Phew."

Siel decided to wander around the campus until it was time for the event. Going around, he once again felt the ping of desire by watching the families laughing and talking... His mind drifting back to the times he had spent with his adoptive grandfather. Happy moments they were... but they could not compare to those being made by the families around him. It was a sad truth for Siel... And at this moment, Siel was returned from his thoughts by the sound of an old time Internet video of the legendary Saiyan Prince singing "AND I~~~~~ WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU~~~!" Siel gave another sigh as he began the last few things before the tournament.

The stadium was massive. Kyami could see it from his room window. He was nervous. He felt that his nerves would shake violently loose from his frame, but on the outside he looked completely calm and unnerved by the events that would be unfolding soon. The tournament that would test his skills as a fighter was an important event. His father would be there, which meant that he had to make it through to the end, he didn't care if he won or lost, but he needed to make sure that he made it pass the first round. Stepping into the halls that lead out of the boy's dorm. As he walked by training rooms he peered inside to see people getting in some last minute training. He smiled knowing too well how much it took to have a drive to want to succeed. As he wandered out of the halls, he made it to the clearing which opened up to reveal more of the school. The vast openness was welcoming. Kyami could breathe.

There was never a dull moment at New Peaks. As he walked towards the stadium, he couldn't help but notice how empty the grounds were. Everyone was either at the stadium, in their rooms, in the training rooms or on the beach apparently. Nonetheless, he walked casually towards the stadium, not really in a rush to get things started. As he walked he could hear footsteps approaching behind him. There was never really any need to be nervous about something attacking him from behind because no one really had a vendetta against him. He shrugged it off, because he couldn't justify turning around and being on pins and needles when there were a great number of students and teachers at this school. There was bound to be someone walking behind someone else at some point. Then he froze, and he felt arms wrap loving around him. He knew then who had found him.

"Good morning love," the familiar voice filtered into Kyami's ears and a soft kiss was placed on Kyami's neck and cheek before Kyami was released from the grip and turned around with a smile.

"Kyle, you never cease to amaze me," Kyami stated before turning to continue his trek towards the stadium.

"I try," Kyle replied chuckling lightly. It was interesting how much attention their relationship had gathered. For the most part Kyami had gathered that their relationship was frowned upon, but there were those who didn't care and felt that it was alright. Still, Kyami hadn't had to defend himself against any homophobia here, but he knew it would come, there was always someone who took their disapproval to the next level. Kyle seemed to not care. As a upperclassman he would be leaving New Peaks soon and hoped to stay in contact with Kyami after, but who knew what the outcome of this tournament would bring.

"You nervous?" Kyle asked breaking the silence that had fell between them as they stood in front of the stadium entrance.

"As hell," Kyami replied as he took a step forward but not before they interlocked their hands together then releasing their hold.

This was definitely not how Gerald imagined his day going and before he could respond to the question with a particularly strong 'leave me alone!', he had to make use of the great porcelain god again, though he tried to keep as silent as possible this time. Not that it was really working, but he had to try anyways. Maybe then, he would be left alone in peace, to suffer the consequences of putting off this examination. Maybe if he actually tried to volunteer himself, he would not have been this nervous, then he would not have felt his stomach turn into knots and then he would not have had to meet another person that would undoubtedly cause him trouble again. Or maybe that was just his paranoia acting up, but either way, he would rather not be part of a fight again unless absolutely necessary.

So as the feeling inside Gerald's stomach subsided, he chose not to answer the question of whoever else was in the other stall, hoping that they would just let him be even if he was not feeling very well. While his nervousness may have went by, his fingers were still visibly trembling as he grabbed the seat and he was having a hard time controlling his breath, which made his presence about as subtle as the noise that a collapsing skyscraper made. Unfortunately for him, he was a little too busy trying to stay alive to notice it, so he was of the impression that he managed to stay completely silent until he stumbled out of the stall, then headed towards the nearest faucet to wash his scarred face.

That was not nearly as easy as it looked though, because he felt absolutely filthy, not to mention that he could feel that his lips had dried up from the adrenaline which hit his system just a little while ago, so the short, refreshing break turned into a long session of drinking water and trying to scrub the non-existent grime from his face.

YhY1tBK.png

Mei Guan-yin [C2]
I.D Number: 07861337

She had already gone through a few training sessions for the day. Mentally and physically prepared for what was to come; the tournament. Walking down one of the many hallways in the Academy, Mei was for the moment taking a stroll to get to know her surroundings better. It was a huge place and she was far away from her own home country. Even if she did miss her time back there, she knew that the path she had ahead of her were filled with thorns. However, failing was unacceptable for her. It was for her family's sake but also for her own. 'The tournament is just around the corner.' She thought to herself.

There were alot of questions going through her head in that very moment, but she was wondering who her opponent would be. There were all kinds of people in the Academy. Some had extremely unique fighting styles while some didn't. Mei considered her own unique, because in her homeland, she never did stumble upon someone who focused on those specific fighting styles that she herself excelled in. Her own attire was very chinese like, with a star on the hat she had. Plenty of different fighting stances among other things went through her mind, but she had a fair idea on how to start during her own fight.

Plenty of students passed by her, where she overheard students talking about some who were undefeated and victorious most of the time. Those were also the people Mei considered to be difficult to fight against, but then again, she never did sell herself short. As her crimson eyes peered around the hallway from one student to another, she stopped in her tracks and leaned against the edge of the wall where the window was open. Looking outside, she had a calm expression plastered on her face. "I'll be fine.. I have to be." Mei whispered to herself, as the time for the tournament was approaching.

Saturday, December 19, 1:30PM New Peaks Time.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to New Peaks Academy and welcome to the annual Holiday Tournament! Students from all over the world will showcase their skills and abilities for everyone to enjoy. As some of you may know, there are fifteen divisions for each year of students and one wild card slot per year. Winners of these divisions will then be pitted in a single-elimination tournament to determine the best fighter for each year. First up will be the Freshmen Divisions. So without further delay, let the tournament BEGIN!"

Opening Ceremony includes Musical Accompaniment

The crowd roared to life as the main screen scrolled the names of the nearly 240 freshman students that were to take part in the preliminary bouts to determine the champions of each division. From lowly E3 Rankings to powerful C1 Rankings, the young warriors all entered onto the field. The music blared through the stadium's speakers along with the visual scroll on-screen, pumping everyone up for the upcoming fights. People were on their feet already, cheering for the kids who were about to take part in such a spectacular event. If the staff of New Peaks Academy knew anything other than teaching and combat, it was how to put on a good show... and this proved it. It was unlikely that any of the Freshmen had ever been a part of something on as grand a scale as this.

Each of the students headed to one of the fifteen rings and waited in the ringside seats for it to be their turn to fight. As expected, they went at each other with incredible determination and drive. Each wanted to win his or her division and have a shot at being named the best fighter in the Freshman class. An hour passed before all fifteen divisions had their champions, and now it came down to choosing a wild card slot. This was left up to a panel of fifty licensed martial arts instructors who were not employed by New Peaks Academy, so as to remain impartial. By a margin of three votes, the panel chose the E3-Ranked Marlene Torres. When asked why, the representative said that they 'really liked her never-say-die attitude and unwillingness to give up despite being somewhat outclassed by a majority of the other fighters'. And so it was that the brackets were decided...

Match 1 - Hikaru Tsukuda vs Kiyami Xiang Yi

Match 2 - Miranda Walsh vs Zen Akero

Match 3 - Mei Guan-Yin vs Junkiro Iwazuma

Match 4 - Cyst Voltromvskey vs Gerald Berry

Match 5 - Kensley Hagebak vs Seongji Tou

Match 6 - Marlene Torres vs Bradley Johnson

Match 7 - Vincento Sarconni vs Brett Elspeth

Match 8 - Ciel Jin vs Matt Elspeth

Each fighter, with the exception of Marlene... who had barely managed to win her first fight before being knocked from the running in her division, had won five fights thus far and been healed each time by the schools most skilled doctors and nurses. Each had also won a total of $750 that would be added to their stipend after the tournament. For wealthier students, this was not much. For less fortunate students, that prize money was likely a godsend. Now the stakes were even higher than ever for the young warriors. The prize this time was honor and bragging rights. The winner of this tournament of division champions would be recognized as the best fighter in his or her class at the world's best fighting academy. For young martial artists, there could be no greater prize. Of course, the $2500 prize for winning was also a nice bonus.

First up was the C3-Ranked Hikaru Tsukuda versus the C1-Ranked Kiyami Xiang Yi, with Anna Jacobson as the judge. Soon the bell would be rung and the Freshman Tournament of Champions would be formally underway.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImportantNobody
Collab between Beta and myself.

For several minutes, Lucius had been trying to take Miranda to the ground as that was his area of expertise. He had summized that fighting a combatant with extensive standing combat prowess was more trouble than it was worth. Each blow he would take would remind him a little more of what home used to be like, each hit would spur on his desire to take his foe to the ground to reciprocate the beating. He could feel the eyes on him and it reminded him of his junior high years. He wanted, no...he needed to do better. So, he stalled...and studied his opponent. Something that would cost him yet again.

Miranda faked a high punch, aimed at Lucius' face, then followed it up with a haymaker to the ribcage. Was it cheap? Yes. Was it an illegal move? No. The art of Kajukenbo wasn't about being pretty or fighting 'fair'... it was about neutralizing threats effectively and quickly. Given the fact she was fighting someone who clearly wanted to take the fight to the ground told her that her opponent must have been a jiujutsu practitioner. Incorrect assumption, but the fact remained that Miranda didn't want to go to ground unless it was on HER terms. Her metallic knuckles crunched hard against flesh and bone, and she said only one thing to the boy who she was fighting. "You're not going to take me down like that. Stop trying that and just fight back."

Watch her. Wait. Wait...oh, she's throwing a punch at th---wait. It's a feint! I can-- Lucius' mental train of thought was cut short as his exclamations were met with the impact of a metallic fist to his ribcage. A rather pained grunt would tear free from his throat and cascade over his lips into a snarl. Sneaky bitch... He'd let those words flit across his mind for the nano-second following the impact as he rolled with the hit, moving to pin her arm beneath his as it snapped down over the impact site. Continuing to roll with the blow, he would shift his footing and twist his opposite shoulder in towards Miranda and yank her over his form in a modified hip toss.

While she was heavier than she looked, thanks to her cybernetic body; it wasn't infeasible for him to throw her to the ground from a standing position, but it did cause a grunt of exertion to crawl out of him. On the upside, this put her into a more acceptable position for him to attempt a comeback in the fight. Keeping his grip on her arm, and rolling into his own toss, he moved as quickly as he could to get his legs over the sternal plating of the woman and wrenched on her arm with enough pressure to cause those with normal bodies to writhe in pain... but he applied more than usual, remembering her body had...well...considerably less fleshy mass than others in that regard.

Well this was unexpected. In the time it took Miranda to taunt her foe, he'd caught her arm and thrown her head over heels and to the ground. To make matters worse... he was now applying an armbar. Now, she didn't feel any pain in the arm itself... but the stressed neural connections to her shoulder and torso told Miranda all she needed to know. This kid was trying to tear her arm off. "Not cool, dude." said the cyborg girl to her foe. Though really, words meant little at this point. Unless she did something, Miranda's relatively fragile joints would be overstressed and separate like they were intended to do.

Wait... that might be crazy enough to work. Struggling as hard as she could manage against the armbar, Miranda was nearly lifting her opponent off the mat with the arm he was so intent on damaging. Then it happened. The components were too stressed and in real danger of becoming badly damaged, and thus separated from the upper arm and shoulder. Already torquing her body away from the floor, Miranda rolled hard once the pressure on her arm was gone and managed to escape from beneath her foe's legs. As she stood, another terrible one-liner slipped out. "I gotta hand it to you, that was a hell of an armbar."

He was going to win! He was winning! Oh god! He ripped her arm off! Lucius was instantly horrified by the fact that he was now holding her severed arm and she was on her feet, spouting such terrible one-liners. "What the fuck?" He'd exclaim, his tone shaking with abundant abhoration. With eyes wide and his jaw slightly agape with the continuation of his horrified expression, he discarded the arm in question as he scurried back a short distance. As he moved, he would regain control over his own mind and reminds himself that her body was not like others and was likely designed to do something in that regards should the situation arise. Handy trick, that.

Quickly rolling himself into a low crouch, one braced to dodge in any direction he saw fit, he thought for a moment. Much like the crazed idea of the bionic woman, he wondered if the rest of her limbs could be severed to the same effect. However, as much as he wanted to take his opponent down in that fashion, he had a feeling it would cost him an arm and a leg to do so...instead, he would stalk Miranda and brace himself however he could for whatever attack that may come his way.

As the opponent tossed her arm to the side and backed away, Miranda rushed to grab her limb. Now rigid to prevent further damage, the disconnected hardware was now almost like a heavy club. Slapping the severed arm against her metal leg, a loud and intimidating clang reverberated across the ring and even the stadium itself. "Not so easy to break, am I? If a severed arm won't stop me, what chance do YOU have?" asked Miranda before tossing the arm outside the ring. After all, using weapons in an unarmed match would be grounds for disqualification. Not something she really wanted.

It seemed that the match was still stacked in her favor, something he had been beginning to feel for a few minutes now. As she taunted him with her severed appendage, it became rather clear that she was still very much armed...something he needed to rectify; however, the process of literally disarming someone was a bit tricky when they are experienced combatants. After a brief moment of respite during her taunt, he would clear his mind and opt for the plan he was settling upon prior: resuming the ground-game.

Lucius lept from his low crouch, attempting to take Miranda to the ground once more as his shoulder took purchase on her abs of...steel, his right hand coming down in an attempt to hook under her thigh and pull up as he continued to push forward. If he was able to trip the woman, he would roll to the side slightly while keeping his shoulder on her core and wrenching her leg up in a pin. Well, that was the theory and plan...it would not go as he had desired.

Capitalizing on her foe's eagerness to go to ground, Miranda fell back with the tackle and slammed a knee directly into the sternum of the foolish boy. Top that off with the fact she hit the ground a second later and he landed on top of her? The situation essentially caused an entirely new hit and drove her knee into the boy's chest a second time. Brutal, effective, and ultimately fight-ending.

Have you ever been beaten with something large and metallic? Like a bat, maybe? Lucius hadn't, until now. The first blow forced the breath from his body, easily allowing the second one to cause him to inhale with such an extreme need for oxygen that his brain became overwhelmed and spurring a bout of hyperventilation. Unfortunately, hyperventilation when you are in such a breathless state tends to shut you down and he slipped past the threshhold into unconsciousness.

That certainly worked out for the better. The kid gasped for air briefly and then completely passed out. For a brief moment, Miranda actually thought she had killed her opponent. While a death had not occurred at New Peaks in over a decade, she did NOT want to be the cause of the second instance of it. Thankfully, her opponent was still breathing. Judge LeBlanc stepped into the ring and checked on Lucius before raising Miranda's remaining hand to signify her victory. Almost immediately, a team of three doctors stepped into the ring to aid the KO'd Lucius. He'd be back on his feet momentarily, thanks to the skills of New Peaks Academy's medical staff. For Miranda, an engineer would be called in to repair and reattach her arm. She'd be good as new within the hour.

Lucius looked around, groggily, as he returned to the realm of the living. He saw glimpses of Miranda's victorious form milling about, still lacking an arm. Much to the protests of the medical staff at hand, he would break away from them in a rather simple search for the arm that was so easily discarded during the fight after her taunt. He knew roughly where it was and it took him little time to do so. He was careful as he knelt down to pick up the appendage, seeking to avoid a surge of blood to the brain and causing him to black out once more. However, he had succeeded in at least that today and collected the item with relative ease.

It was then that he had made his way over to the victor with a pained expression on his face; not because he was upset he lost, but because she hit HARD. A few moments later, he would be in close proximity to Miranda, clearing his throat slightly (which inspired him to wince) "I have got to...hand it to you, Miranda... literally and metaphorically. One hell of a fight." Lucius would say with a painfully amused tone, even going so far as to chuckle for a brief moment as he extended HER hand towards her. Miranda, quick witted as ever, took the metal arm and shook it around. "No bones about it, you made me fight for this win. Wasn't the cakewalk I thought it'd be."

The crowd cheered and the ring was cleared out so the cleaning crew could disinfect it and prepare it for the next match that would take place within. Miranda would stick around and wait for the engineer to reattach her arm in time for the "Tournament of Champions" that would determine the best fighter of the Freshman class, while Lucius would be free to do as he pleased from here on out.

He was alone. Alone. His thoughts began to echo through his mind, How? Why? Was I too slow? No. But how? She won, yes. I can see that. I can feel that. I can hear that. But how? I need to watch...listen...learn...relive. Watch...watch watch! Lucius had almost walked into a wall by the time he had snapped out of his mental ramblings. He flit his gaze around the halls, taking note that they were rather sparse. Likely going to watch the fights. Shaking his head to clear his mind for the moment, he opted to make his way towards his room. It would take him several minutes to navigate the corridors and traverse the small distance outside the Stadium proper to the dorms in which he inhabited. Any contact with others on the way there was kept minimal, as if his sole focus for the moment was to get to where he was going.

Alone once more. His room greeted him with the usual sparsity that it always did. The only real things that he had changed of the room were minor additions: a picture of his mother settled on the embedded bookshelf facing the door, which also contained his small collection of material to read. Lucius took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, letting the silence of the room beckon him in further as he closed the door behind him. He had actually hurried here, taking care to moderate his breathing as he did so. Miranda was going to be fighting again soon and he wanted to watch it from a different angle. First things first: a shower and rehydration.

The shower was quick and hot, cutting through the wear and tear of the day. Since he did not share the room with anyone else, nor did he really have many friends to have come over, he opted to wear a simple pair of shorts as he exited and moved into the kitchen to collect some water...and a snack: an apple. Refreshed and prepared for the tournament, he moved to settle on the couch and turned the television on to the school's local broadcasting station: New Peak News.

Watch...observe...analyze...learn. Watch....watch....watch...

Co-Post between myself and RisingPhoenix

Kyami entered the stadium with high expectations. The beauty surpassed his original thoughts of what it would look like. He couldn't help but wonder who Kyle would be fighting but he had to concentrate on his own fights in order to make it to the finals. After saying a soft prayer, Kyami sat an waited for his name to be called before each match. Every match he had were learning experiences to him. Each win meant that he learned that much more for the next match. Finally, he made it to the finals and he couldn't be more happy. With only 16 Freshman left he was proud to be a part of that group. He would gain recognition, but that's not why he was here, he was here to broaden his spectrum, and to learn.

The announcer took center ring and everyone fell silent. When Kyami's name was called, he stood from his meditative position on the mat and approached the ring.

As the two entered the fighting ring, Hikaru gave a short and respectful bow towards Kyami. This was an abbreviated, casual version of the pleasantries one would normally give to each other before a kendo match, but doing the full thing would be out of place and Kyami would likely not know how to respond to it. However, he could understand a simple bow, so that would be enough, just like it had been with her previous opponents.

She had some growing confidence from her victories against her fellow freshmen but she couldn't get cocky. This man was tough; she could feel it. It was good that he allowed her to use her shinai against him or else she would likely loose, even if she allowed him to use his fans in return. Two of her battles left her without her weapon that almost resulted in her defeat; one of them requiring a lucky break to succeed when her opponent took a single careless step that sprained his ankle. The other bloodied her up a bit more but nothing the specially gifted nurse couldn't heal. As for the two matches with her shinai she was easily able to overcome her first opponent while the second was a closer match, but he just couldn't quite close the distance.

Kyami observed as his opponent, a female known as Hikaru, gave a short respecful bow to him. He in turn returned the respectful gesture with a soft smile as if to let her know that he understood her gesture and wanted to return it with his own.

After the bowing was over with it was time for business. Hikaru entered a solid defensive stance at the start of the battle, her right foot in front of the left, both heels ever so slightly elevated. Her shinai was positioned in front of her, gripped with both hands, the tip of the weapon directed towards her opponent's torso. If he decided to charge at her recklessly at the start of the match, thinking he could defeat her so easily with his slightly higher rank, then he had another thing coming. She had the range advantage, as far as she could tell, so she could take things easy and see what mistakes he would make that she could exploit. This would be the perfect start to her battle, even if it might not be the most exciting start to the big tournament. The excitement would come later when she got her opening.

She caught his eye with determination in the glance as well as welcoming him to try and come at her.

Observations were his expertise. He observed this girl as she took her fighting stance. It was more defensive than anything else and he knew she meant business. She was strong, and he could feel something different about her than the other combatants he had faced. With a unnerving sense of calm Kyami returned her glance and took a traditional tai chi stance. His observation yielded that she had the range advantage. She held her shinai positioned in front of her while Kyami slowly grasped one of his fighting fans. The large fans were built to be weapons to fight with and against swords, and Kyami had practiced with them since he began training with his father. They were his weapon of choice, something he understood to be a weapon of disadvantage. Despite this, he proved people wrong every day.

"Match, start!" Their judge shouted. They could now make their move.

Kyami stretched his stance and shifted.

Hikaru looked at the fan in his hand, wondering how he could use that against her. She had never faced a fan user before or even thought of it being used as a weapon outside of a videogame or movie. Could he throw it at her? Slap her? Use it to slash? If he brought it with him in exchange for letting her use her shinai then he had to think it was really useful, so she had to assume it was worth at least some of her attention. Maybe he'd give some good hints with his opening move.

His swift stance change allowed for him to position his footing in a more secure way. He looked at her. Many knew not how to approach someone who utilized fighting fans as a weapon. Much like swords they were sturdy, and some were made to cut. However, these were made to utilize his internal force to do damage. With a quick flick of his wrist the fan opened revealing a beautiful design that captivated the eyes. A collective gasp was heard throughout those in attendance as Kyami continued to move as if dancing before extending his footing to claim more space. He noticed the tip of Hikaru's weapon and he knew she had the range advantage... but not for long.

As her opponent danced a step closer her right foot lunged forward with an explosive, practical force towards a percieved opening. Fancy moves could only get one so far in a fight. In conjunction with her step, the tip of her weapon thrusted towards his abdominal region that, if hit, would result in a painful blow that would likely weaken him for the moments to come. It would be hard to focus on his dance while a bamboo pole was lodged against his belly or even pushing him off balance to land on his butt.

His movements seemed to have caused a reaction from Hikaru because as he moved so fluidly gauging her subtle movements, she changed, and her foot lunged forward. He watched the tip of her weapon shoot towards his abdomen. Rather than twirling out of the way, he quickly maneuvered his hand and allowed the fan to be a barrier between his abdomen and Hikaru's weapon. The blow still resonated into his core and he knew she meant business. With a sidestep he moved around the weapon and charged towards her giving a sweeping kick when he was within range. It all seemed to happen so quickly.

Hikaru drew her shinai back as it collided with his fan a mere moment before impact with his body. He was quick! As he sidestepped around her she used the bamboo blade as a slashing motion towards the new direction that he was coming from, ready to smash it against the arm on the side facing her strike. With any luck it would harm his elbow, shoulder, or wrist and make it very difficult to use in any future attacks unless he could fight through the pain. As it stood now she was aiming for the wrist but he may move that arm to change the point of impact before it managed to connect. As she did this strike she gave some ground to try and counter his advance, moving her back left foot straight out of the way first and then raising her right foot up and away from the incoming leg, trying to go over the sweep at the last second.

The weapon crashed into Kyami's shoulder as he moved to allow his wrist safety. He knew how to shut out pain and his strength wouldn't waiver, instead he focused his attention on his breathing and his next move. As she moved her feet out of the way of his sweeping leg, he immediately went into the offensive by using the momentum left from the leg sweep to spin into a round kick. His fan was gripped in his hand to deflect any blows that Hikaru tried to get in with her weapon.

With him spinning so swiftly and doing a good job blocking with his fans, she couldn't muster up another solid swing by the time he'd finished his roundhouse, so she made no effort to take another swing at all. Instead she needed to focus on regrouping and defending until she got another opening. His shin collided with the left wall of her abdominals, causing her to let out a short grunt that was cut off as the wind left her lungs. She was sent tumbling off to the right, doing a little roll that left her in a kneeling position after a single rotation, her hands still firmly clutching her weapon with determination. She once again struck towards his wounded arm, hoping it would be sluggish and would incure further damage as a result. Hopefully he'd flinch away from this prospect and give her more time to move.

Kyami would need to be more calculating, more diverse in his movements. He would need to find a way to get around the girl's weapon and figure out exactly how much stamina she had. His shoulder stung from the hit it had taken earlier, which was a bad way to start off a match, but he knew now that she meant business. She was just as determined as he was to make it through to the next round, but he had something to prove. After his shin collided with her left wall, he stopped in mid spin and lifted his leg to show how flexible and strong his leg muscles were. He wasn't showing off, but he needed to flex them to prepare for the next set of moves he would implement to ensure victory.

He knew she was determined, and he knew that his injured shoulder would be the main focus she would try to take advantage of. Quick as lightning, he snatched the other fan from what seemed to be thin air... but his hand had simply reached around and grasped it from its holding place. With a quick maneuver the fan had managed to be opened fully displaying another beautiful panel of writing and scenery to which he utilized the fully open fan to block the strike. Still grasping the other fan in his injured arm, he knew that she would follow up with something. This time he knew she had control of the weapon and made sure to move for her center. It seemed foolish, but he had a plan. He pushed against the weapon with the fan with a lot of strength, enough to send a normal person off balance. With this new momentum, he dashed forward.

She had more leverage pushing back on him with her longer weapon, but he was strong and was able to charge forward with greater force than she could muster, giving him the upper hand in this little shoving match they had going on. She gave way with her weapon before it would be too late and then tried to sidestep him to the right as he came at her, adjusting her weapon into a more defensive orientation held closer to her body, the tip facing diagnal to the upper right as her hands held it to the lower left of her waist. From this position she could quickly shift the blade to block any attack coming in towards her upper body or counterattack with a swing down to his left shouler and head area. Hopefully he wouldn't catch on to this slight weak spot of her lower body in the short amount of time he had avaliable until the two would be right on top of each other.

Never taking his eyes off of Hikaru, Kyami closed in on her noticing the changes in her stance. She brought her weapon closer to deflect, or was she planning a counterattack? His mind shifted to various outcomes, but he realized he had closed the gap between them and was upon her. With a quick flick of his wrist the fans closed, and became baton-like weapons. He noticed her wide stance, how she readied herself for whatever was to come. There was no time to backout now, he had to follow through with what he had planned which was full force strikes to confuse her as to what he wanted to do. With a upward slashing motion, he went for a strike against her left side. If she blocked, he would proceed with a slash to her right with his free arm. This would leave him open however and was risky, she could capitalize, but he was hoping she'd be startled by his sudden offense.

With the way her guard was held it was easy to deflect the first blow near the base of her bamboo blade where it was the sturdiest. The wood let out a little groan from the heavy impact but was able to withstand it, thank goodness. Shinai were cheap but it would be difficult to get her hands on another one in time for the rest of the tournament, and she'd surely be doomed without it as the competition heated up even more.

She knew she couldn't block the second attack so braced for impact while swinging the tip of her blade down to the left of his neck where it connected with the shoulder, grunting as his attack hit just before her own would unless he managed to pull something impressive off. The damage done to her side was more than she had originally thought, and had she not already put momentum into her swing she likely couldn't pull off an effective attack during that moment and a bit of time after. Regardless of what happened, after the attack struck she'd feel quite woosy and stumble back as the pain set in. That had been a good, solid hit right there. She hoped her own attack would do the same to him or else she'd be quite open to further punishment before she could recooperate.

He felt the contact that his fan made with her side, but he also felt the sting that her weapon caused when it struck his collar. He stumbled back and realized it was the same side that she had hit him on in the beginning. Pain ravaged his body like a wave, but he kept his focus and he pushed it to the back of his mind. He noticed how much she was disoriented and inhaled slowly to focus more on what he would do next. He still held a tight right on the fans and took this time to center himself. It was as if they were having a standoff waiting for either to move. Without much more thought he surged forward and unleashed a barrage of strikes at Hikaru. One aimed at her already injured side, another at her other side and finally a kick directed towards her chin. The good thing about this was that at any point if she managed to block he could get out by performing a back flip from the moment of her block.

The flurry of attacks overwhelemed her attempts to bat them away, ending in her head getting knocked violently backwards as his kick connected. She was seeing stars as her grip loosened off of her weapon and she crashed painfully down onto the mat. She grit her teeth, the pain from the last attack all but ensuring she couldn't continue, especially now that she was down on the floor and her shinai clattered away from her reach, rolling to a stop a good five feet to her right. She was too disoriented to forfeit at the moment, but it would be quite obvious to everyone around that she had little left to give. If the judge had any sense then she'd probably call the match now...but too bad for them, their judge wasn't a normal human being.

Kiyami hadn't realized just how much focus he had put into that kick. When he felt it connect he knew then that he had added too much power to it. He felt bad as he watched Hikaru crumble to the mat, so much so that he rushed over to her even though the judge hadn't called the match. He wanted to make sure she was okay. When he was beside her, he knelt down and gently grabbed her by the shoulder.

"Are you okay? Look at me," he said trying to get a view of her eyes to see if she was in a good headspace.

Still seeing stars, she had trouble focusing on Kiyami, but was at least conscious enough to be aware of his presence and what he was trying to do. The match was apparently still going on, although she certainly wasn't going to try and take advantage of it now.

"I...forfeit," she managed to get out weakly, although loud enough to be heard and officially end the match in light of the judge's absense in, well, judging the fight to be over.

She fell back limp onto the mat or into his arms if he supported her, her mind fuzzy. Perhaps she suffered from a mild concussion back there, although she couldn't be sure, having never gone through one before. Whatever the case may be, she should probably get that looked at, being a "better safe than sorry" kind of girl when it came to health.

Sighing, Kyami lifted the girl with relative ease, although he was only a Freshman and his body still had more developing to do. Nontheless, with as much strength as he could with an injured arm, he picked her up and passed her on to one of the standby nurses.

Raising her right hand up as she got handed to the nurse, it looked like she might have been motioning for Kyami when her index finger kept going and pointed towards her shinai instead.

"I kind of...need that..." she said, implying for him or someone else to pick it up for her.

Looking in the direction the barely conscious Hikaru pointed, he glanced at her weapon, his own not too far from it. Shaking his head, he quickly retrieved the weapon and handed it to judge Anna, who would then give it to Hikaru later. This was not how he wanted a match to go.

Mei vs. Junkiro, Grease vs. Akashi!

It had been a long, difficult run through the qualifiers for Junkiro. Four matches nearly in a row, three beatings, and just one dominant performance. His lack of sleep had been affecting his game this afternoon, but now that he had made it out of the prelims, he finally felt as though perhaps his sleepiness had washed away; that, and he had just chugged a Mega Monster. Renewed energy coursing through him, Jun walked out of the entry gates for the fifth time that day, ready to take on his newest opponent.

He didn't know much, or really anything, about his opponent, Mei. He had heard rumors that she was the dark horse favorite to win the whole thing, but Jun didn't place very much faith in the numbers or the opinions of others. What mattered now was his skill, her skill, and the ground upon which they stood.

Jun stood unabashed in his Speedo; the first two times out he had gotten laughed at by a sizeable portion of the crowd, but after the thrashing he had given the D-2 kid in the second round, nobody dared laugh at the sticky wrestler again. Granted, he hadn't done much wrestling at all so far; he was keeping to his plan, using his Kyokushin as much as he could until he truly needed to switch it up. Best to keep his opponents-to-be in the dark, after all.

He now stared down Mei, the fight a minute or so away from beginning. Jun was not a good sport, however; he extended his hand to the girl, a warm smile on his face. "I wish upon you the greatest of lucks, Mei! May the better fighter win!"

She was already on the stage, where the fight would happen, her hands were fisted, and her expression was serious. It would be easy for the audience and her opponent to see where she would hail from. Either her name was a dead giveaway or the attire she was wearing, which was very traditional in China.

She had heard rumors about her opponent and the fights he'd been through, but she was not the type to judge a book by its cover. Anything that happened on stage, whether its in victory or defeat, would not matter. The Academy was a stepping stone for her, and it obviously brought with itself alot of challenges. She mentally re-assured herself that she'd try her best.

The opponent approached her, showing respect before the fight. Mei responded in kind, shaking hands with Junkiro. "Likewise." She finished. As both the fighters got ready, and the judge ready to oversee their fight, she made a simple stance, it was nothing special either.

Junkiro had silently hoped that perhaps Mei's stance would give a hint as to exactly how she fought, but a simple, generic stance revealed absolutely nothing of use to him. Did she have a power? Jun was completely in the dark. Nothing much to do but give his own. Fighting off his instincts to take a defensive stance, Jun lined up neutrally as well, giving his opponent no hints to his method of attack.

With both sides ready, Judge Cameron stood ready to begin the match. Good, Jun thought to himself. Mr. Ballard is very safety-conscious....there won't be any deaths in this one. Cameron Ballard raised his arm in the air for a moment, then threw it down. "May the match begin!"

As the Judge gave them the all clear to start their bout, she did not move an inch, not for a few seconds. The tension in the air was rising as the audience just became louder and louder. Rushing towards her opponent, she stopped on her quick feet just as she was close enough. A simple but quick all around kick was performed as she aimed directly for the head.

Excellent, she chose to attack first. Junkiro immediately shifted his position to a defensive one as she approached, keeping his eye on any tricks this girl might try. As she rushed in, she screeched to a halt; Jun immediately prepared himself for the incoming attack. It was a high kick; Jun quickly darted to the right to avoid the attack, bringing him in even closer to her.

His follow-up was simple: a swift straight punch to the face. There was no need to activate his power just yet...he wanted to see exactly what she was capable of before he tried anything tricky. He needed to keep his head in the game; though he had gotten stronger lately, much of his game relied around planning ahead....

As expected, her kick was avoided, or in other words, dodged quite clearly. A smirk was plastered on her face; she could see that the opponent was just as quick, and followed with a straight punch.

Tilting her face to the left just in time to dodge it, she used the momentum of the opponent to get even closer. This time, she did a simple straight but sharp kick aiming for his face, or more precisely the chin, but that was all to see what would happen next.

She had dodged his punch, which Jun noted as quickly as he could; she was fast, no doubt. However, her next move played into his hands; she got right in close to him. He didn't have time or room to dodge the kick to his face, but he did have time to react. Jun took one more step in to his enemy, completely closing the distance between them. The kick aimed at his chin now hit his upper arm at the calf-a glancing blow at best.

Jun had taken that extra step for another reason...now that he was right next to her and in the middle of a kick, he had her. Jun's next move was to throw his arms around her torso, pulling her into a grapple with her back facing him. Should that work, he'd immediately flip her back in a classic suplex, showing off his newly learned wrestling expertise.

Grabbed by her opponent after the straight kick, she was increasingly interested in the fight, however, things looked quite dire for her. Mei was seemingly at a disadvantage, as the opponent had grabbed ber torso. She was familiar with what would come next, especially because of the position they both where in. "Wrestler, huh?" She finished.

With both her hands, she grabbed his wrists, and used her small size to push herself up, with both her feet now on his knees. The moment the move from his opponent occured, she broke free by pushing her feet towards his opponent, to slip away from the grip.

The momentum allowed her to make a simple salto, landing on her feet.

Junkiro was surprised by the girl's movement; she knew how to break free from his grab? Impressive, to say the least, but Jun refused to be denied. As she broke free, Jun rushed forward, not giving her an inch of space. If she thought she'd get away that easily, she had another thing coming.

She wouldn't have more than an instant on her feet before a bullrushing Junkiro was upon her, arms outstretched, looking to tackle her and take her to the ground. Mei may be smart, but Jun was persistent; he wasn't giving up on his quarry that easily.

Mei still had her back turned against her opponent after her salto to escape the grip he had on her. She tilted her head slightly to the side and noticed from the corner of her eyes that the she was given no breathing room to counter-attack in her current situation.

She was tackled fiercely to the ground, as she was dragged further on the ground. "Ugh.." The opponent was big and had much more physical strength than her, but during that moment she threw a few elbows at him, aiming for his face.

That was more like a diversion to get out of her sticky situation, and if it would fail she'd use her right leg to push the ground, being lightweight to get on top, however, she'd still have her back against him.

With his arms firmly wrapped around his opponent as they hit the dirt, Junkiro had no option but to take Mei's elbow attacks, grunting with pain. Her elbow hurt, but didn't have enough force to pry him free from her. As she repositioned herself on top, Jun sprung into action.

Jun used his legs to force himself into a sitting position, still holding onto his foe. He then swung his left leg around, hooking it into Mei's midsection, and spun, letting go of Mei at the same time as his leg forced her back into the dirt. Now he was seated on Mei's legs; not ideal, but still more than useful enough. "Time to end this," Junkiro said confidently.

Though she still had her arms to block, Jun knew she couldn't block everything. Utilizing this fact, he began to rain punches down on her, alternating between torso and head to keep her guessing on where to block.

In another dire situation as before, she could see that her opponent was reluctanct as ever to let her go. Persistent, yet also quite reckless in her mind.

She could clearly see that her opponent was well-versed in ground and pound, as he continuosly hit her with his confidence. Using her hands she grabbed both of his, pulling his upper body towards hers, going straight for a headbutt but not letting go of his arms at all.

Though Jun had gotten a few blows in, he had not expected her to be quick enough to grab his arms. With no time to react, he soon found himself the victim of a vicious headbutt, leaving him reeling. He was going to feel THAT one in the morning. His vision had dulled out a bit in the corners; was he suffering from a concussion? He had no time to worry about that now, or the fight would be lost.

His movements were a little slowed from his potential concussion, but Jun was still the stronger fighter. This armlock she had on him would play perfectly into his hands. First, Jun finally activated his power, causing his arms to become unbearably sticky; Mei wasn't letting go of them anytime soon. He then forced his arms upward, taking hers with him until they were past her head. To reach that spot, Jun scooched up on Mei's body, now seated directly on her collarbone. Perfect. His legs swept beneath her neck as he put her in a leg-chokehold. He was ready to put this one to bed.

Something was off. Her grip on his arm was still there. "What?" She questioned it, noticing how she couldn't let go. It was almost as if they were glued together with his. Mei figured it must've been an ability her opponent possessed, and that was weird to her, but then again, she was in the same category, being weird and all. There were people such as that in the Academy, and that was something she knew quite well.

However, as he pulled his own and her arms above her head, allowing him to position herself close to her head, and to even use his legs to get into a chokehold, she noticed or figured how he wanted to end the fight, through submission. Mei was not the type to give in, and noticed her own legs quite free.

She was extremely flexible, and decided to do something of the same. "Not so fast.." She started, before she pulled her legs up, far enough to lock them around his neck instead Aand try to pull him towards her, but at the same time strangle him into a chokehold.

Even as he was squeezing the air out of her lungs, she was still fighting back. His arms were busy keeping Mei's at bay, so he had no defense for the sudden leglock he found himself in. She intended to choke him out, much like he intended to do to her....Jun had no options to escape that wouldn't jeopardize his position. He was about to release her arms to aid his escape when a strange, dumb idea crossed his mind.

He had choked her first...who was to say he couldn't outlast her as a result? He certainly couldn't just get pulled back down to her body. Instead of releasing Mei, Jun took a gamble, struggling against her leglock and forcing the choke upon himself after taking a deep breath. All the while, he fought off the dizziness he felt and tightened his hold on Mei. One of them was going to pass out sooner or later....Judge Cameron had drawn in close, ready to end the fight at the first sign of unconsciousness as the crowd rose to a fever pitch.

To her surprise, her opponent did not give up; it rather became a fight that would determine who the winner was by outlasting the chokehold from either one of them.

Activating her own ability with her hands around his arms, you could see that her fingertips were starting to dig in; blood would start to drip and excruciating pain should be felt by her opponent. Yes, she would keep her ability activated for some time at that range, as it would do immense damage to the arms.

Jun suddenly felt his arms scream in pain; what in the hell was going on? Glancing at his arms, he saw some sort of energy extending from her fingertips into them...was that her ability? Some sort of energy claws? Jun would have screamed if any air was going to his lungs. The pain, combined with the chokehold and his concussion, was going to knock him out in a few moments if he didn't do something.

There wasn't much he could do now, but he had one last-ditch idea. With Herculean effort, he deactivated his stickiness and ripped his left arm from her grip, blood freely flowing from the aggravated puncture wounds. He felt a spike in his vision; this was really bad. Working quickly, he jerked his right arm over, pinning her left one down, and raised his now free arm, throwing all his remaining strength in a haymaker....

She was almost unconscious from the chokehold, and noticed something her opponent did, in order to get away from her own hold in regards to the arms, especially with her Tiger Claws, though in that moment his own ability deactivated, at least from one of her arms, and used the opportunity to get her in an impossible position.

'Shit,' She thought to herself, noticing the punch aimed straight for her face, and bam, there it was, it knocked her out. The fight was over, and Mei had lost.

Moments after his final blow landed, Junkiro's vision completely blacked out, and he fell to the side, his legs loosening as he fell unconscious. Cameron was immediately upon the scene, separating the two freshmen. He hadn't caught the final moment in his worry for the fighters; it was too close to call from his own eye.

In such a manner, his eyes, as well as every pair of eyes in the crowd, turned to the JumboTron in this moment to see the instant replay. The final moment had been caught on camera, and the crew running the booth had it playing in slow motion. It appeared Mei's head slumped over mere moments before Jun had collapsed.

With this review sealing the deal, Cameron waved his arm towards the still unconscious boy. "The winner is Junkiro Iwazuma!" The crowd broke into a frenzy at one of the closest matches New Peaks had ever seen. Meanwhile, the entire medical team was bolting onto the scene, equal parts tending to both Junkiro and Mei. Junkiro had lost a lot of blood from Mei's Tiger Claws, and healing that wound was their first priority. As the holes sealed up from Nurse Layla's power, Junkiro muttered weakly in his unconscious state, whicich let her sigh in relief. "He's going to be alright," she said quietly. "But make sure his fight goes last next round...he's going to need all the time he can get to recover that blood."

She was unconscious for a small amount of time, and only woke up again because of the audience. Her eyes slightly opened as she could feel all the pain going through her face. The last punch was packed, and it definetely did some real damage. She could see on the big screen that the winner was not her, but her opponent, Junkiro. A smirk came across her face as she realized she lost.

Pushing herself slightly up, she was still half-awake. The medical team was around her, and they even brought a stretcher. She needed to be checked thoroughly for any internal injuries at the medical bay. "I'm fine.. I'm fine.." Mei repeated as they pulled back the stretcher, and helped her up, throwing her arm over one of the staffers shoulder. In a groggy state, the pain was still there.

Her eyes veered over to her opponent, who was being checked by others from the medical team. Despite her loss, she couldn't help but feel that the fight was interesting at best. As the medical team around her helped her away, she exited the stage.

Last edited:
This post is a result of cooperation between DawsCombine and myself.

The wash had not been a quick one, but even then, Gerald felt like hell. The tournament was not far and he was not feeling like participating, but everyone would be watching him, especially his parents, so there was no way that he could skip on such an important event. He absolutely had to fight and preferably win a few matches at least, but he was very well prepared to fall out of his very first match of the day. There was just simply no way that he was worth more, even if he had somehow managed to climb up to D1 in rank in the meantime, because he was convinced that the examiners had made a mistake with him. He was E3, not D1! D1 was actually a respectable rank, not someone who routinely got the snot kicked out of him.

So how the hell did he manage to win four fights in a row? Was it some sort of goddess of fortune smiling upon him, only to stab him in the back with a vicious, wicked knife? Were all the rounds rigged in his favour? Have his opponents been all dropped on the head? Because the first win, he could understand. His first victim was little challenge to him because he had been likely a relatively young student of martial arts, but the others he had no idea about. Most of the time, he went on autopilot while he was fighting and tried to cause as little damage as possible while subdueing his opponent, so how the hell was he so effective with it?

To put it simply, Gerald had no idea how the hell he had gotten this far, but he was standing in the middle of the arena somehow, with many onlookers present and no doubt many more from around the continent or perhaps even the world. His parents were probably amongst them too, a thought that made him sick to his stomach, wishing that this horrible, wretched day of fighting would end already. But he could not forfeit without a fight, could he? His parents would disown him. He would end up on the streets, then die, a thought that was frightening for an adult, nevermind a teenager who had his whole life before him. It did little to make him feel better and he was sure that this was the fight he was going to lose.

At least he got this far, right? It must have been pure luck, though and his lucky winning streak was about to end, especially because he was sure that the judge would not tolerate his presence on the battlefield. A towering, muscular man who looked as if he could shatter brick walls only with his gaze was the one chosen to oversee the fight and he was one of the more popular teachers at school too. If Gerald remember right, his name was LeBlanc... something LeBlanc. But despite the teacher's reputation, the boy could not help but think that this fight was not going to go in his favour at all.

Cyst hadn't been thinking about the fight at all. In fact, she hadn't been thinking about much of anything. Vladimir had always told her to clear her mind before combat. Let yourself drown in the noise of anything around you. Thankfully, the crowd had helped with that. She had been fighting almost non-stop for a few hours now, and had little chances to recover lost stamina. Thankfully, this was a great way to at least convince herself she was fine. She would pay for it later, but that was what it was. She wouldn't die. She couldn't die. Not with his spirit on the line...

She was dressed just as she had been before. In rags, clearly marking her as one of the unfortunates who made it in on pure luck. But she hadn't gotten this far on pure luck. That was for sure. She had proben that she was a serious fighter, now all she had to do was keep going. The judge didn't concern her. If she needed, she could win his favor easily. What concerned her right now was her opponent. She didn't know if he had seen her fight, and she didn't really care. If he was intimidated, he was dead. Simple as that. Either way, it was aproaching time to find out who was better prepared, and Cyst didn't want to be disrespectful. She slowly got onto her knees and placed both fists on the ground, bowing to her opponent before the match began.

Gerald had expected everything but Cyst. He had expected men the size of mountains, woman with thighs that could crush diamonds, giants that would step on him and dwarves that would hack him into tiny little pieces, but a girl covered in various rags was definitely neither of those. For one moment, he could not help but open his mouth in shock, seeing that there was someone worse off than him with his scarred face, but he quickly closed it. Yes, she may have looked like she came from the middle of the slums, however, she also had cleared four opponents like he did. Unlike him, it was clearly not luck. One did not look like that and make it here on pure luck.

The second thing that caught him off-guard was her getting on her knees and placing her fists on the ground, to which he responded all too late with a deep, respectful bow that he had learned from his aikido lessons a while ago. Not one of his opponents had greeted him this way so far, but he knew better than to be caught with these sorts of thoughts and as Weiss announced both of their names, he found his stomach knitting yet again. Just what sort of person was he facing this time? What fighting style did she have and did he have even the slightest chance to win? All these and more doubts entered Gerald's mind and he almost did not notice that the match started with a loud announcement that they should keep to the spirits of fair play.

Cyst needed little more than that returned bow to know that she liked this guy. Nobody else had done that. Not a single person. They were all too concerned with beating the hell out of her to be respectful. This guy was different. She liked different. Either way, she had something else on her mind once the match started. From that point on, her face was nothing but pure, unadulterated joy. She was always taught to smile during a fight. Truthfully, that wasn't from her native fighting style, but the phychological advantage was enough to adapt it into her routine. She dashed towards Gerald with amazing speed, instantly coming at him with a jab toward his midsection to gage the distance for a follow up. If her jab hit, she would be throwing a kick towards his head with even more speed. If not, she would be backing away.

The moment the match started, Gerald found himself facing a wide smile that instanty caused him to back up in a mixture of fear and plain instinct. What the hell was this girl? That wide smile was absolutely unnatural, especially in a fight like this! And as it turned out, his instincts saved him by the skin of his teeth as the extra distance helped him to see the attack even if it was a little too late to intercept it. Instead, Gerald chose to avoid the jab, noting that his opponent was very, very fast. If this was the fastest she could go, then he was okay, because he could be extra wary of her and with a little luck, catch her correctly. If it was not, then he was in trouble. She was much faster than him and with the advantage in speed, he would barely be able track her, never mind catch her... And knowing his luck, she would be much, much faster. To put it simply, he was screwed.

Damn... if only he wasn't so sharp. She was a little dissaponted she couldn't follow up, but that was okay. If she played her cards right, she could come out on top. She dashed up once more and attempted to grab him by the left shoulder, hoping to keep him there with a series of three knees to the stomach in rapid succession, followed by a kick to the groin. Hopefully, that was fine. She hadn't really cone for any groin shots so far, but she had poked some kids eye, and that was fine. Hopefully, this was too. She didn't want to get disqualified this far into the tournament. She could almost taste the money... or, at least, the dinner the money would buy her.

Oh. So she was not fast, but she was damn fast, realised Gerald as Cyst connected to his shoulder with a grab, too quick to avoid, nevermind to intercept, then she followed up with a knee into his stomach that almost connected, only to be awkardly stopped by the palm of his hand. That did little to reduce the force of the attack. With the speed that Cyst had gathered, not to mention the merciless nature of her style, Gerald could practically feel his bones trying to stay together and the wind rush out of his lungs, so he did the only thing he could. He pushed against Cyst's knee and attempted to shake her off to scramble away and put distance between them, then regain his footing.

Oh, he was a sly one. Though he couldn't get away, he did catch her attack. She would have been in trouble if he want for a takedown, but she was lucky he tried to get space. That didn't mean she would give it to him. The second she regained her balance, she was on him again, only giving him about three seconds of recovery time before she was tossing a kick at him high and fast, aiming for his head or neck. If she hit either, she would be happy, but she had a plan for if she didn't. She only hoped he would continue his passive defence. She was starting to feel the effects of her constant fighting...

Shit! This was not going well at all. Gerald had hoped to push Cyst away in order to have more space for his defence, but she was up on him again and he could barely follow her movements. How the hell did someone get so damn fast? At least he managed to notice her preparing the kick in time, yet even then, he barely made it, not to mention that the force behind the strike was almost enough to send him reeling. It was definitely enough to make him grit his teeth as pain exploded through his palm along with the base of his neck, but he was doomed if he let her continue the attack. With that in mind, Gerald pushed upwards to gain leverage, then he would attempt to use the momentum he gained to force her to the ground.

Dammit, why were none of her attacks connecting properly?! It was really starting to get on her nerves... But she still smiled. Half the match was getting into your opponents head. Which made it all the more surprising when she found herself on the ground, one leg in the air while her body tried to recover from the shock. She instinctively assumed a deffensive position, bringing her knees and hands up to protect herself. Oh, he was not going to get off easy, from that. She lashed her foot out to hook his leg, trying to trip him and bring him down with her. She only hoped he fell away from her. She didn't think her small frame could handle him on top of her...

The hook landed perfectly and though Gerald did not intend it, he instinctively twisted away so as not to land on Cyst. Even now, he did not want to cause his opponent any injuries and he was sure that if he landed on top of this thin girl, he would break at least one of her bones or worse, he would completely squish her. Still, that did not mean he had to leave himself open to a counterattack, so Gerald rolled away from Cyst, then he attempted to get up in order to restore his advantage and hopefully push her to the ground as it was only proper.

She had more time to get up then he had, and she was on her feet in no time. She was planning on beating him while he was down, but he was up very shortly after her. Damn, this was an annoying fight. What did he even practice? This was not the way she had been taught, and therefore it was not the way she knew. In her confusion, she was quite easily taken off guard again, but something had gone wrong, this time. When she landed, she started to cough. She coughed and coughed, hacking again and again as she tried to stand. God dammit, not now. Why did this have to happen, how? She was able to get on all fours, still hacking up a lung as she tried to control herself before the fight was stopped. She couldn't go out like this. She would not let her mom win again...

Gerald expected Cyst to continue attacking, but instead, he found himself hearing loud couging from the battlefield when he had not even hit his opponent in the lungs, nor was he planning to. Did he accidentally kick some dust into her lungs? That could have been the case, but as the coughing continued, he realised that there was something very, very wrong. It did not sound normal. Hell, as Cyst went on, it started to sound inhuman and it was not long before the judge rose up his hand to step into the ring, not that he had to pry Gerald off from Cyst in order to check on her. As for Gerald's part, he tried to give his opponent as much space as possible.

Thankfuly, the judge knew her position. He quickly called for medical assistance, which officially ended the match with Gerald as the winner. Cyst was carted off to be treated with little pause, leaving her with the image of Gerald simply standing there, watching her. Not only had she had an attack in the middle of a match, it had happened in a match against someone who respected her enough to bow before their match. If she could scream, she would have. She would have settled for coughing, but she was soon put under anisthesia as she was carted off to the medical ward to recover. God damn her lungs...

Within moments, the judge called for the paramedics and Gerald was left not only stunned, but with a horrible feeling in his stomach, one that could not let him relish the feeling of victory. His triumphs so far had been bad enough, but at least he found some moderate enjoyment in them. Yet this one, he could not feel even remotely good about. He won against someone who had such speed, such an efficient style... He did not know what would have happened if she had not started couhing up her lungs, but he had a feeling that it would have been much closer than it was. Not that he was not feeling cornered already, but this was an opponent he had to take note of. Committing her name to memory, Gerald promised himself that he would see her in the medical ward as soon as his matches were over.

The following is a co-post between Beta (Vincento) and LStorm (Brett)​

Unlike many of the other fighters, Vincento spared no expense in his Tournament preparations. Well, really it was his father's idea. Show off the family wealth, intimidate people a bit, show them he was top dog, etc. But it had worked to an extent. As he walked into the ring, the video screens that were tuned to the matchup of Vincento vs Brett would start blaring a tune and show an overblown and even slightly cheesy video that stank of professional wrestling. Still, it worked the crowd a bit and hyped them up to cheer for the young Italian fighter. Personally, Vincento thought it was a bit silly... but then, he DID like being the funny one often enough.

His opponent was not one to scoff at, however. Vincento was a C1-Rank, cream of the freshman crop, and he knew that all too well. But Brett Elspeth was a C2-Rank, just barely below him. It'd be an interesting fight, to say the least. To make things worse, Brett was far more physically imposing. Vince was toned and incredibly fit, sure... but Brett had arms like tree trunks. This would certainly add more oomph to his strikes compared to less bulky students. Still, Vincento had the advantage of knowing most of the ins and outs of Kickboxing at this point. It was almost like the finals were taking place too soon in the tournament, really.

This tournament had been bad enough so far without his brother, but this made the metaphorical veins pop on Brett's forehead. What the fuck was this guy's deal? Brett had been looking forward to a normal fight, one where he had to win without his other half, yet it seemed that his opponent was intent on turning the whole thing into a showmatch in the style of professional wrestling. Not only was the music Vincento used absolutely dreadful, but the video that went with it made Brett swallow the building bile in his mouth. This was an absolute insult to the way sport should be handled... But at least it was not as bad as american professional wrestling. Seriously, fuck that thing which pretended to be an actual tournament.

As such, Brett decided that he would take extreme pleasure in handing Vincento's own ass to him on a silver plate. His opponents so far had been decent enough, but this guy had the gall to turn an already showy event into nothing more than a glorified notch on his belt and a celebratory event for the entire crowd. So Brett would show him that tricks like these were completely meaningless in the arena and that he better had to bring his best with him, otherise he would be bent into a ball-like shape and thrown into the trash. The mere thought of that made Brett smile, which looked more than a little creepy on the huge teenager.

Well, that smile said it all... Brett was not impressed one bit. Stepping into a fighting stance, Vincento cracked his neck a couple times before speaking. "Blame my father for the ceremony, signore. So shall we get this started?" Judge Mia Ballard-Sandoval was watching over this match, and would be quick to stop it if anyone was in severe danger or badly injured. Given that there were two top-tier freshmen about to duke it out, that was a very real possibility. With that in mind, Vincento kept his eyes on his opponent at all times... not letting ANYTHING distract him. If he lost here, he'd never be able to live it down.

"Don't blame me if you get your death wish, twig." If Brett was lacking confidence, he was not showing it at all and before Mia could even finish calling the fight, he started and quickly crossed the distance between them. Though he was not graceful or very fast, the force behind his charge more than made up for the lack of finesse. The sheer momentum behind him would cause trouble for anyone who tried to catch him... and for those who did not, he would be quite pleased to see that his fists would find a target that they could punch. If Vincento dodged, a follow-up attack would be flying right at him and if he did not, then things certainly did not look up on the ground.

A charge attack? Before the 'bell' was even rang? While Vincento was surprised that Judge Mia didn't reprimand his opponent, he was more concerned with the raging bull heading his way. Normally, this sort of thing would be easy enough to counter. However, Brett's sheer size caused Vincento to hesitate for the briefest of moments and miss his chance to do so. Instead, Vince would have to be content with simply defending rather than ending the fight quickly. Standing his ground, the Italian boy tensed his muscles and braced for impact. This wouldn't be pleasant... for either of them.

Vince was slammed into with the force of a small car... or that's what it felt like. But rather than fight all that force, he let it knock him to the ground. He wasn't about to fall alone, though. Grabbing tightly onto Brett's shirt and rolling with the fall, Vincento planted a foot right into the larger boy's abs and attempted to toss him away in the same direction he had been charging. It was flashy, but it was not without cost. For a moment, Vincento had to bear the entire brunt of that charge... and that was enough to send a lesser fighter screaming for a nurse.

What the fuck! Instead of buckling under his charge or dropping to the ground like the little thing he was, Vincento actually bore the blunt force of the impact, then he simply pulled Brett down with him. The huge teenager was so surprised that he could not even defend against the next attack and he found himself completely winded. He had been completely unprepared for that blow in his stomach and though he had taken on greater hits before, it still made him grit his teeth to bear the pain. Then he was suddenly lifted into the air and for a second, all the training he had went through fled from Brett's head.

He had to stop himself from being slammed into the ground, but for one, he was out of breath and two, he was out of position, so he did the only thing he could think of: he grabbed hold of Vincento's hands and squeezed. It was absolutely not a kickboxing move, nor it was anything that he should have been doing, but Brett had panicked. And without his brother to back him up, that seemed to be his only chance.

Just as he let go of his opponent to toss them away, Vincento felt a hand clamp down on his forearm. This was about to be more unpleasant than he initially thought. While it wasn't particularly damaging, Vincento's arm slammed into the mat along with Brett's body. It'd leave a nice bruise, but little else. Stung like hell, though. With the amount of force he'd been charging with, Brett skidded a few feet after landing... dragging Vincento along for the ride. However, this played to Vincento's advantage.

Yanking his arms as hard as he could, Vince used the momentum of himself AND of Brett to roll backward and land atop his opponent like an MMA fighter. A most precarious position for Brett, to be sure. Not taking any chances this time, Vince planted a knee on one of his foe's biceps to take out that arm... but couldn't position himself in a way to pin down the other arm. Still, one was better than none... and Vincento started to rain down blows on the bulky Englishman.

The landing was not pleasant to say the least, but at least Brett felt the arm of Vincento coming along with him, which was a plus given his current situation of being on the ground and skidding along the floor of the arena. It did not hurt particularly badly, but the feeling of skin straining against any surface was never pleasant, then to make matters worse, the little fucker actually landed on him! At least Brett did not panic right now, even if his arm had been pinned and he was being punched repeadetly.

Not that did a whole lot against the simply huge Englishman, who was prepared this time. Therefore, he focused on getting out of this situation instead and in an opportunate moment, he punched straight for Vincento's jawline while pushing against the ground with all of his strength. Though the resulting attack was not as dangerous as if he had momentum, he was sure that it would at least disrupt Vincento's position and from there, he and his brother could press the advantage easily. Except he had forgotten that he did not have Matt with him right now.

Several solid punches hit home on Brett's face, one of which split his lip pretty badly. Despite the bad situation, the tanky teen showed little in the way of wearing down. In fact, he retaliated with a powerful punch right to Vincento's jaw. Closing his eyes briefly and reeling from the blow, Vincento actually got up and walked over to the ropes to shake it off. "Colpisci come un carrello, l'uomo.", said Vincento as he wiped a spot of blood from his mouth. The punch had caused him to bite his tongue rather hard, and the taste of copper filled his mouth as he bled.

Still, this fight was certainly more entertaining than his last four. two of those had been ended in under thirty seconds. Having shaken out the cobwebs, Vincento smiled and stepped back into a fighting stance. He'd given his opponent enough time to recover as well. The crowd was eating up this fight like an American child eats Twinkies, and they were cheering as hard as if they were watching the tournament finals. The two young warriors were back on their feet and ready to strike again. It was time for round two.

Finally, Vincento was feeling the pain! Now it was time for Matt to... Where was Matt? Oh, fuck, right, this was a singular fight and by waiting on his non-existant partner, Brett had just given his opponent enough time to shake off the force of his punch. That had been his advantage, damn it! At least it seemed that Vincento was kind enough to let Brett scramble onto his feet as well, a mistake that would surely come to bite the Italian kid in the ass as the huge teenager prepared another attack.

Ignoring the cheers and jeers of the crowd, Brett slowly advanced towards Vincento as he had learned from his previous mistake, then he closed the last metre or so with a huge step that anyone other than him would have had a hard time performing. Then, he pressed the attack with a flurry of punches that he would finish off using a powerful kick, provided that the momentum of his attack was not broken by the bullshit that Vincento was pulling.

The stance Brett momentarily stepped into before advancing... that was something Vincento was familiar with. He couldn't quite place it just yet, but the following volley told him everything he needed to know. A barrage of in-close punches, some that were not blocked or deflected and managed to hit home against Vincento's torso (and one to the head), followed by a high kick? This guy fought just like Dan Williams. This was Americanized Kickboxing. Ducking under the kick, Vincento delivered his own kick right to the side of Brett's knee. Being on one leg... then being kicked in that leg, there was only one result possible... and it wasn't fun.

It looked that at least some of his punches connected, which would no doubt cause trouble for his opponent, however, before Brett could celebrate his victory, the world was swept out from under him. A powerful kick to his knee made him buck under his own weight and he landed on the arena floor with a hard slam. It was at times like these that his stature was a disadvantage, because something that heavy was bound to leave some marks. In this case, he was lucky to land well and have the presence of mind to try and roll away. But there was no way in hell that he was standing up and attacking right away; his knee hurt like hell and he felt as if his leg had been set on fire.

Mia walked over to Brett and kneeled down beside him. She looked briefly at the teen's leg before asking if he was able to continue. Obviously, Vincento had to back off while Brett was being checked on. He used that time to shake out the cobwebs again and lean against the corner to catch his breath. Brett hit like a truck, and had all the subtlety of one to boot. Still, Vincento now had the upper hand. He knew Brett's fighting style, was very familiar with it, and had even taken one of the bigger teen's legs out. It'd probably all be downhill from here. Still, the fight was NOT over yet.

Of course he was able to continue, but he needed at least a little time before the pain went away and he could stand back on his feet. Even then, he could feel the pulled tendons aching, screaming at him that there was something very, very wrong with him standing on that leg... So pretty much half of his moveset was out of the question when it came to fighting. Either he would be too slow or the pain would be too much for him to carry through, so he would have to decide the match really quickly, with a single attack. "Come on! Let's settle this like two men," said Brett as he attempted to taunt Vincento into attacking so that he could catch his opponent unawares.

So he was able to stand after a crippling strike like that? Damn, Brett certainly earned his ranking, that was for sure. He was tough as nails. "Like men, you say? Isn't that what we've been doing? Or are you saying you've been fighting like a toddler this whole time?" Vincento shrugged his shoulders and pushed off of the ropes where he had been resting. "Si, we can settle it 'like men', Brett. I just hope for your brother's sake, he isn't my opponent in the next round."

Yeah, Vincento had paid attention to the brackets. Match 8 of Round 1 was between some kid named Ciel and Matt Elspeth, Brett's brother. That meant if he managed to beat Ciel, Matt would advance to the next round and face either Brett (and the two would likely just decide for one to forfeit...) or Vincento, who would likely dominate the match. But really, it was more of a jab to anger and/or frustrate Brett. Vincento took a few steps toward Brett and smiled confidently. He'd taken out the big teen's strongest weapon... his kicks... and was now poised to take the match.

When he was about three meters away (about halfway between the corner and Brett), Vincento burst into a sprint before leaping into the air. Brett wanted a final clash? He'd get his wish. But what would he do against a high-impact aerial spin kick?

Fighting like a toddler? That insult almost made Brett roar and charge his opponent again, but he bit his words back before he could enrage himself too much and lose the fight because he was thinking with the head of a bull instead of a head of a human. Making that mistake would have been really painful at this stage, so instead, he nodded in response to the taunt. "I don't think that Matt has to worry about anything, because I'll be the one to beat your ass!" And even though Brett sounded confident and cocky, he knew that this fight was far closer than it had any right to be.

Then all of a sudden, hell was unleashed on the big teenager. He had been watching Vincento closely, but then the damn Italian decided to do something that he did not expect. Instead of coming at him from the ground, Vincento leaped up into the air and as soon as the movement started, Brett realized that he was doomed. With his leg hurting like hell and out of commission, he could not back off in time, nor could he counter that kick and by the time that thought reached his mind, it was already too late. The best he could do was to square his jaws and bring his arms up to defend himself from the attack.

Then the force of the kick hit him like a truck and pain exploded from his palms as at least one of the bones in his hand broke and the rest of the momentum got transferred to his body. Sharp pain ran through him, but before Vincento could continue his one-sided beatdown, Brett had the presence of mind to shout "I forfeit!" at the top of his lungs.

After landing from the first kick, Vincento was already continuing the spin and about to deliver another kick to his opponent. However, Brett admitted defeat and Mia rushed between the two teenagers and grabbed Vincento's leg mid-kick. She would then call in a medical team to look at the two fighters and tend to their injuries briefly before calling them both back to the center of the ring. "The winner of this match is Vincento Sarconni." said Mia as she held the victor's arm in the air while patting Brett on the shoulder. "You made him work for it, kid. Everyone here knows it. You gave as good as you got, and you should be proud of that."

For a moment, Brett thanked everything that he knew that Vincento stopped in time to let him forfeit without getting the snot beaten out of him, but then the big teenager realised that he just threw a match. Shit. He just threw a match! Though if he had been thinking rationally, he would have realised that it was the best decision he could have made in the heat of the moment. At least this way, he managed to save some face, not to mention that he saved at least some of his bones from breaking into tiny little pieces, yet that did little to console him. Even as Mia told him that he did his best, Brett could not help but scowl at Vincento with a threatening expression.

"Next time, you won't be so lucky, punk." he said as he rolled his shoulders in an attempt to return some life into them.

Wow. Even after taking a lot of punishment and receiving such encouragement, Brett was intent on playing the tough guy. If nothing else, it showed he was able to take a beating and keep his outlook intact. Vincento merely rolled his eyes in response to Brett's threat as the two were escorted out of the ring and to separate medical stations for a full treatment. The two had given each other hell, though Brett was in worse shape overall. Scuffs and scrapes were treated in a couple minutes, Vincento's jaw and arm were healed up in about ten minutes, and Brett's leg was good as new in about an hour. His broken hand would take about a week to heal, but that was still much quicker than normal.

All in all, the fight had been one hell of a crowd-pleaser. Everyone was cheering and excited. The New Peaks Holiday Tournament was in full swing at this point, and it would only get more exciting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.