Fight School [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day came as it usually did for Kyami. After the tournament, Kyami had spent most of his free time getting to know Junkiro a bit more. They were "dating" if you could call it that, and Kyami seemed to be happy on the outside, but he was troubled. Even though he was dating Jun, he was still hanging out with his ex-boyfriend Kyle. Kyle had come to visit like he said he would. He had even started counselling like he said he would. Things looked brighter for the senior student, but Kyami wasn't in any form trying to get back together with him. Kyami was happy with Jun, it felt right to be with him, but it was also fun hanging out with Kyle and it was nice to talk to him about things that were going through his head. Admittedly, while he enjoyed Kyle's company, he never could stop thinking about Jun. Jun had a lot to do after winning the championship and being a part of Imperius Gloria, but Kyami was also a part of the same faction and they still needed to schedule time to be together.
It was another day. As he removed the covers from his semi-nude form, he couldn't help but groan. The sunlight hit him dead in the face. There was much to do, and aside from Vincento's little get together, he still had to check in with Shotaro and make sure everything was good with him. Then he had to make sure Jun was alright and then came Kyle who would probably show up at his door unannounced. It seemed to be a trend he and Jun shared. Sighing, he pulled himself out of bed and took a shower. As he dressed, his mind began to wander and he felt a tear fall down his face, hitting the floor and absorbing into the area rug. He wiped his face quickly and sighed.

"Damnit," he said softly as he looked into the mirror and shook his head. Why was it so hard? What was troubling him so much?

Pulling on a crimson red silken in texture button-down shirt, he continued to get dressed before he realized that it was nearly time to go to Vincento's Easter get together. He was wearing a crimson red shirt with beige pants, that were quite tight, but didn't reveal too much. He had on black sneakers that had the same color laces that his shirt was. As he observed his looks in the mirror, he smiled for the first time that day. He had to admit that he was handsome. Even the bracelet he wore that was worth thousands shimmered in the light. It was a gift from his grandparents. He even wore the bracelet that Jun had given him on their fourth date. It was adorable. From what Jun told him, it was filled with water from some sea, and the black pearl was filled with mud from the same sea. It was a beautiful bracelet, and Kyami blushed upon receiving it. As he relished the memories, he heard a knock come at the door. His head turned to face the door before his body set in motion to open it.
Slowly he turned the knob and opened the door to reveal Junkiro. Again, he had come unannounced which only made him that much more adorable. From the looks of it they were matching to some degree.

"Hey bae, how are you?" he said his arms wrapping around Jun's neck, delivering a soft kiss to his lips before pulling away. "Don't you look adorable, I almost forgot about Vince's thing."

"You almost forgot?" Junkiro returned the kiss from Kyami, but laughed a bit. "We almost match. If I weren't thinking, I would believe you knew what I was wearing." He pulled Kyami into a tight hug, refusing to release him for almost a whole minute. "I missed you, and you look absolutely charming." He smiled softly before he released Kyami from the hug, keeping hold of his hand.

"So, how has my little Ki been today?" Junkiro let himself in Kyami's room, sitting on the bed as he watched the blond-haired boy. "We still have a little while before we need to go, talk to me. What's on your mind?"

This is what he meant by charming. Jun always wanted to know how he was doing, and Kyami wanted to know how Jun was doing, but Jun made it a priority to ask even after being asked or before being asked, it was a trait Kyami found endearing. Nonetheless, he didn't want to put a damper on the mood that was present and he didn't want to not go to Vince's Easter dinner. He watched Junkiro as he sat on the bed. Kyami returned to his dresser to put in his stud earrings.

"I'm doing okay Jun, as okay as I can be," he replied, "but I'm worried about you. You've been in so many fights I'm concerned your body is going to break."

Junkiro flushed a bit at Kyami's concern for him. It was sweet how he always worried about how he was doing. "It's alright, it is the price of being the champion, after all." Junkiro laughed lightly but winced, still sore from yesterday's match, the seventeenth since the second semester began. "I have to uphold my title, after all." He sighed a bit, going over to hug Kyami again. "I'm just glad you're doing okay, Ki."

Even though it was Easter, he still felt bad about having to miss Valentine's Day for a trip to the infirmary and the fight with Michelle. He had been trying to make it up to Kyami ever since; the bracelet, the dinner for Kyami's birthday at the beginning of March...he was being a super boyfriend to make up for missing the most important couple's day of the year. "You look incredible in that getup, Ki. I'm jealous of that body of yours."

Kyami smiled after being hugged again by Jun. He enjoyed every moment he spent with him, and though he knew their time had to be on a schedule, he still loved being with Jun. Even though he missed Valentine's Day, Kyami had forgiven him a thousand times over, but Jun still seemed to feel bad about it no matter how many times Kyami told him it was okay. He was right though. It was his reputation he had to uphold being the new Freshman Champion, but that didn't stop Kyami from worrying. He too had had his share in matches because of his placement, and he was sure Vincento had a few of his own to report, but Kyami had come out victorious in all of his, undefeated so far, but that would probably change soon. Well he couldn't say undefeated as he did lose to Jun, so that was a loss on his record at New Peaks.

"Thank you," Kyami replied to Jun's compliment on his looks. "This body is all yours though," he added with a wink, "but how have the matches been? Not too hard since you have a pretty good record, at least that's what I've heard."

"Thirteen and four," Jun said proudly. Considering he had a losing record through the first half of the year, it was a pretty good accomplishment for him. If he did his math right, he was still one match under .500, though. Maybe not, if he considered the tournament fights as well. "I'm exhausted, but I wouldn't miss a date with you if I had a choice." He kissed the boy's cheek and laughed. "You pull off dressing up a lot better than I do. Probably because you have so many more choices."

Junkiro's tournament winnings were almost used up at this point. He still had enough to feed him the rest of the year, but with gifts for Kyami and a couple new outfits, he was running out of funds quickly. Not that he'd ever let Kyami know that. He'd be banking on the end of year tournament to keep him going through next year.

"But I told you you can wear whatever is in my closet," Kyami replied, "we are almost the same size, you are taller than me, but that shouldn't matter in the shirt department."

With a smile he ran a hand through Jun's hair. He knew about the freshman's money issues back home, and he wished he could help, and it was a certainty that he could help if he asked his parents. Wealth was something that his family had, money wasn't an issue for them, helping others wasn't either, even his own bank account was well stacked, and his trust fund his grandparents left him was inheritantly bigger than the cost of this school. Still, he didn't flaunt his money, or his wealth. He didn't flaunt his upperclass status around those who were less fortunate than he was. He loved to help others, and he enjoyed seeing the smile on the faces of others, but lately he had been going through some things mentally.

With a smile he kissed Jun and nuzzled against him.

"I've told you so many times Jun that I like you for you, and nothing else. You're an amazing guy, and I'm lucky to have met you. So when are we going for our planned walk on the beach?"

"We can go after dinner with Vincento. I don't want to have a romantic walk, THEN go see others...my mind will be on you the whole time." Junkiro chuckled to himself before sighing. "Kyami, I don't want any handouts from you. Being my boyfriend is enough. You should know that." He smiled softly, returning Kyami's kiss.

"Ready for dinner? I wouldn't want to keep Vince waiting on us."

"I know, and I appreciate everything you do for me Jun," Kyami said as he nuzzled closer to Jun, but he knew that this moment would end and they would need to get to Vince's dinner. Standing to his feet, he playfully kissed Jun's forehead and walked over to the dresser to grab his keys before he turned and looked at Jun.

"After you," he motioned opening the door and waiting for Jun.

Both of them exited Kyami's room, part of him wanted to hold hands as they walked, but he didn't know if Jun was truly ready for that step in their relationship. It seemed that Jun could hear what he was thinking, because he felt his hand grab his and intertwine. Kyami glanced at Jun and smiled as they walked hand in hand towards the location of Vince's dinner party.

Arriving, Kyami looked at Jun and smiled. "Promise you'll have fun."

Jun smiled warmly at Kyami, who he was glad was reassured from his hand-holding. "As long as you're here, I don't think I couldn't." He pushed open the door, seeing Vincento there with a smorgasbord of food to greet them. "Hey, Vincento! Haven't seen you in weeks. Glad to be here." He didn't let go of Kyami's hand, letting their matching shirts show to Vince.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hikaru was evolving, both socially and physically. Perhaps this was one of the reasons why her adoptive parents were willing to fork over all of the cash needed for her attendance. They had foreseen the benefits that Hikaru was now experiencing after the freshman tournament had ended. Although she didn't technically celebrate Christmas or Valentine's day, she had spent some time with Kyami on the later, completely platonically, of course. Her grades were looking great, as expected, and she had managed to win 3 matches and only lose 2 since the tournament. They were hard fought battles at that; one of the wins against a B2 who had underestimated her once she lost her grip of her shinai, only for her to deliver a powerful uppercut once he let his guard down and made an all too hasty advance. She was evaluated to have gone up in rank to a C1 shortly after.

Too bad she had lost to fellow C3 French student named Ayer Beaumont, an up and coming star and very recent transfer student at the time of their match. Although she physically had him outmatched, him being almost as small as her (if that's even possible) and quite frail looking against her toned body, he was very skilled at dodging blows. His reaction time was swift, and every time a swing came in he was quick to jerk away from the fast movement, allowing him to narrowly dodge the shinai tip every time as he continued giving ground against her. It seemed like all he could do well was dodge, but dodge he did, tiring her out more quickly as her arm muscles kept having to adjust the path of her swings over and over in an attempt to land a hit. As she began to fatigue he saw a single opening. He clasped his hands together on the fateful downward swing, and in the blink of an eye had her weapon in his hands and bonked her hard over the head with it, much to an amazed crowd. Although shinai normally didn't do too much damage, it happened to hit just right so that she was out like a light, ending the fight in a single hit. It was the fight of the week, and apparently getting whack-a-mole'd into unconsciousness with one's own shinai was enough to gain her some notoriety around the school as well as a fan club for Ayer. His boyish good looks didn't hurt with the ladies either. And so went her first battle as a C1.

Well, she was still on the up and up regardless. It was now Easter time and she had been invited by Kyami to join some sort of a party with free food. She dressed herself up in the cute outfit Jun had picked out for her a while ago and made the relatively short walk over to the dorms that held the Easter meal hosted by Vince, who she had not gotten to know as well as the other two boys from the freshmen tournament winner's circle. Maybe that would change here. She didn't know what to expect from Italian food or Easter, but she could assume it would be delicious and a nice change of pace from what she normally ate. She mostly ate things like rice, as to be expected. Or instant ramen. Normal students live off of that stuff anyways so being Japanese was irrelevant in her tastes for cheap noodles.

She walked into the common room, looking around at the familiar and new faces of the crowd that was gathering around the food. The two lovebirds, Kyami and Jun, had apparently arrived moments before her. She glanced down at the floor. And here she was planning on making a move on Jun at some point, then she found out he had a boyfriend now. Curse you Kyami! Stop turning her love interest gay! He even invited her to this party while flaunting his love so openly. Well...not that Hikaru confessed that she was interested in Jun so he couldn't have known, right?

Looking straight ahead, she wordlessly made her way to the food and picked up some large portions, preparing to stuff her face. She was suddenly quite hungry.

Last edited by a moderator:
With time passing and each day gone by, things began to seem more at home for Kairi. After Christmas had passed, she was a bit surprised at the few people that actually seemed to give presents openly to those at the campus with little to no relation towards one another. It was the first Christmas she spent without her parents, but it didn't sadden her all too much. The whole academy was up in good spirits that day among many others. She tried spending New Years with Hikaru or whomever else she had managed to befriend as well as pull a few harmless pranks that ended up with her running from a few upper-classmen in a laughing sprint. Valentines wasn't something she really put any time in but she hardly said no to free chocolate. Any dates that were asked of her were more or less turned down but at least she tried not to be mean about it.

Kairi managed to partake in about three sanctioned fights up until present day, winning the first and third. Funnily enough, she tried to keep her 'power' on the down-low until she lost her 2nd match to a C1 student. Looking back to how the Tournament had gone and the other fights she had been able to watch, why should she hide what she can really do? She wouldn't be shunned here like other places. With her third match, she found it amusing how her opponent was someone who primarily relied on grapples to get the edge up on their fights. After that, she was questioned for some time about it, from students and some teachers alike. Even some who were no better than gossipers and those who just want to see the world burn tried raising a few rumors about her, even getting some nicknames to try and stick. It didn't help all too much with the very few unsanctioned fights she'd get into, usually involving her getting angered at the opposition with what they may have said or done. The one fight she did get in trouble for was one that she threatened to make a guy's manhood inert and almost following through with it. That landed her about two weeks of trouble but in her own mind she felt justified.

With all that said and done, more days had passed and it was soon Easter Sunday. With not much at all to do and no one to really hang out with as she had no plans, Kairi simply let herself wander the campus as she looked through her phone. She was not paying all too much attention where she was going mostly but it didn't bug her, she was just trying to find something to do as she checked her phone's messages. Stopping in place by one of the Cinema's, Kairi looked around with a somewhat blank stare as she stood, hands moving into the pockets of her light-gray hoodie. "Hm... Wonder what some of the others are up to.. Haven't heard from Hikaru in a few days." With a small smirk, Kairi looked up partially to the sky, "Hope that loss from that Frenchy isn't bugging her. That ever happens to me, I'm not gonna let someone give me lip that easy, heh.." With a friend in mind, Kairi hummed before pulling out her phone again, going into her contacts before sending a simple text to Hikaru. She wasn't worried if she didn't get an immediate response seeing it was a holiday, who knows what people could be doing. As she started jabbing in the text, it simply said, "Hiya. Having fun today?"

@ImportantNobody

Last edited:
First to show up was a student who was relatively unknown to Vincento. Still, he seemed nice enough. Smiling as the newcomer asked if he was invited, Vincento pointed to the sign on the door. "Si. Can you not read, friend? Says to stop by and have some, doesn't it?" The chuckle that accompanied Vincento's questions made it fairly clear that the jab was all in good fun, but some people still might get a bit annoyed at him for it. Regardless, today was for fun rather than for fighting. "I'm Vincento, by the way. Good to meet you..." the pause indicated that the other boy should probably introduce himself.

Moments later, Cyst was the first person to show up who had received an invitation. To make her arrival all the more noteworthy, she actually managed to squeak out a few words and introduce herself... in English, no less. "Buona sera, Cyst. I see the therapy and language classes are going well. Feel free to help yourself." Vincento motioned to the various serving trays and dishes on the counter. "That look suits you, by the way. Definitely better than the clothes you usually reduce yourself to wearing." Maybe a little encouragement would help the normally reserved girl to be more social in the coming months.

Kyami and Junkiro arrived a minute or two later, with an oriental girl in tow. While Vincento hadn't invited her, there was plenty to go around. "Si, Jay-Jay. Not since I ran into you at that Egyptian snack place after Valentine's Day. What was is called? Khufu's Coffee and Cakes? Up until then, I'd wondered when you two would make it official." As he spoke, Vince pointed a finger back and forth between Junkiro and Kyami. "So who is your friend there?" he now pointed at Hikaru, who had yet to introduce herself.

Meanwhile, Shotaro was about to chow down when Siu took a seat across from him. "Hey, big man. I figure now is as good a time as any to talk to you. Got some news. I'm heading home for the rest of the year. Got all my fights done and my school work will be finished online. But in any case, I'm leaving Imperius Gloria. I have my own ...Shotaro was a bit annoyed by the sudden news, as Siu was fairly high-up in the faction despite being a sophomore, but he couldn't really stop her. Instead, he ordered her something to eat and drink as a sort of farewell present and the two chitchatted while listening to other students and staff take turns up on the karaoke stage.

Last edited:
Troy gave his least charismatic grin in response to Vincento's opening comment. He was trying not to come off as fake, which was pretty much the entire goal of acting in the first place. "Heh. Looking at my grades, you'd think I couldn't." His grades weren't that bad, but they weren't amazing. It wasn't that he was actually stupid -- he just couldn't be arsed to do any assignment that took more than a few minutes to fill out. He strolled in and sat down in the nearest seat, right in the middle of the table. He immediately started grabbing anything delicious-looking within reach, being too lazy to get back up for anything on the ends. "Name's Troy. Uh, Troy Duncan." He didn't bother to ask if his family name was familiar quite yet. It was better to wait and see if they already knew.

"So, what's--" He was about to try to strike up a conversation when someone else entered. Troy recognized her as the girl he'd seen Vincento texting within speaking range. When the girl tried to introduce herself, it became very clear why they'd been doing that. He spent a moment trying to decipher her words before responding. "Whoa, are you okay? You don't have to hurt yourself just to say hi." He held up his hands in a sort of 'stop' gesture. "Not that I don't appreciate it, but I'll feel bad, y'know?" That said, he put a forkful of something in his mouth and chewed for a few seconds while the others spoke. It wasn't terrible. Objectively speaking, it was great. Still can't help but dislike it a little, though. Fancy food just wasn't really Troy's favorite; if anything, he preferred junk or easy food like tortilla chips and instant noodles.

Once he detected a small gap in the conversation, he spoke up again. "So what's--" As luck would have it, he was interrupted a second time, this time by a couple of guys in matching shirts. Notably, they were holding hands. Gay people? ...have I just wandered into the wrong party? Troy panicked a little internally, but decided after a few seconds that he was just being silly. Just because a couple of gay guys walked in didn't mean it was some sort of gay party. Note to self: try to stop being a bigot.

He couldn't help but notice that these guys looked a little familiar. Of course, he'd seen them at the tournament, but it'd been three months since then so he'd mostly forgotten at this point. An Asian chick followed them in, but Troy pretty much ignored her. Nothing about her struck him as familiar, and she seemed pretty content to sit and eat silently for the moment. Slightly annoyed that he couldn't find time to talk, he waited once more for a gap in the conversation. Once everyone stopped speaking, Troy chimed in with the loudest voice he could manage without sounding rude.

"What's everyone's, erm, reason for being in this school, then?" It took him a moment to realize that he'd just asked a slightly invasive question to a room full of strangers. "...it's for, uh, a project I'm doing. 's fine if you don't want to tell." A bit of a lame save, but it'd do. Or at least, nobody had any reason to suspect he was lying. He shoved some more food into his face while waiting for responses, trying to find something on the table that he might particularly enjoy.

The... What? And the what? Cyst had no clue what Vince was congratulating her on, but she smiled all the same. When Troy told her not to hurt herself, she simply nodded her head in both understanding and thanks, taking a seat at the table and starting to pile food onto her plate. And I mean PILE. By the time she was done you would think the small tower she had formes was about to fall over. Luckily, she was digging in fast enough to make that no problem, though the way she ate gave away her lack of formality, as if the ratty jacket and her well-known past didn't already do that.

She either ignored or completely missed the entrance of all the others, as absorbed in her food as she could get without literallt being absorbed. It was a wonder she wasn't picked on, when you thought about it. A formerly homeless recluse that did nothing but train and then eat like she's never seen food before? And this was a school for preppy elites that liked to fight. It was a straight up mirical from god that she remained un-harassed. Maybe she scared people. Her fighting style was brutal as hell, after all. Maybe there were just bigger fish to fry. She wasn't nearly the strangest one there. Maybe it was straight up luck, though that was hard to believe, given her scars. Maybe the harassers were just biding their time. Waiting for her to drop her guard. That seemed the most likely option.

Hikaru didn't take the time out to appreciate the finer delicacies of the fancy Italian dish that was in front of her, as right now it was more comfort food to her than anything else as she was trying to get her mind off of romance issues being shoved so brazenly in her face. Perhaps she was over thinking this and was foolish to have gotten jealous in the first place. It was just a crush so she should just let it go. Let Kyami have Jun for all she cared. Unfortunately Jun didn't seem interested in her anyways.

Just as she was about to put another forkful of Lamb into her mouth, Hikaru felt her pink flip phone vibrate in her pocket in a manner signifying that she had gotten a text. The first time this happened she had no idea what her phone was doing, but now she was pretty used to getting texts, especially from Kairi, who was slowly becoming her best friend. She was able to do casual stuff with her rather than only dojo related activities like with her friends back home. They did still train together, a very valuable learning experience, but that was only about 10% of their relationship. The rest...hmm...maybe Hikaru would have far better luck trying to date her rather than Jun. Not that she ever felt a spark of romantic attraction yet for a member of the same sex. Surely it would be easier to just avoid boys entirely.

Hikaru checked the screen as she pulled the phone into her hand and flipped it open. Sure enough it was from her. She smiled while typing out a response to her question, "At a party hosted by Vince in the common room of his dorm. Free food if you're interested." She hoped that Kairi would decide to come, as she didn't really feel like talking to Kyami or Jun at the moment. Actually, she might have to beg her to come. She should have invited her sooner, but that was when she didn't know Kyami would be here slobbering all over Jun.
[BCOLOR=#000000] [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]"Please hurry, as a matter of fact. I want to see you,"[/BCOLOR] she typed out after sending the previous message. It would be funny to see the look on their face if she kissed Kairi. Too bad that probably wouldn't make them jealous and she didn't want to make Kairi freaked out by randomly kissing her. Just a thought.

While still outside of the cinema, Kairi grinned to see her phone vibrate in response to Hikaru answering back. A party huh? Sounded pretty fun to her, shame she wasn't invited sooner. But hey, it's not like she figures she's the center of attention for anyone. Texting back, Kairi looked around a bit and grinned as she remembered the dorms she needed to head to wasn't far at all from where she was, "Sounds cool, sure I'll be there in a flash. I'm actually nearby by a few minutes. Just don't eat all the food now or I'll have to go all hedgehog on you~ <3" With a grin, Kairi put her phone away before she stood still for a few moments huffing somewhat pleasantly, "Well. Now I got something to do today, awesome."

Like she had said, it only took Kairi a short few minutes to reach the building as she entered. Peoples' spirits were pretty high today which kind of made Kairi feel better than she already was. A good atmosphere spells a good day after all. Traversing her way through the halls for a short walk, she found herself to the very common room Hikaru had mentioned. Though, directions were likely unnecessary if she followed the sound of talking and smell of a delicious variety of food. As she walked in, she made her presence known with her trademark grin, a hand waving a short distance with her pinky and ring finger curled in, the other fingers stretched out as they would be in an ordinary wave, "Heya guys, hope there's room for more. Hikaru dropped me an invite and I'm glad to see there's already plenty of people here." As her eyes looked around the room, Kairi still grinned as she spotted Hikaru and walked on over. Taking a seat by her if one was open, she looked to Hikaru before she then looked at the whole selection of food, "Hey Hikaru."

There was nothing but warm feelings towards everyone gathered at Vincento's dinner. Kyami was proud of Jun for boldly standing with him, holding his hand and showing the entire New Peaks that they were together. It was beautiful to him, it showed him that Jun cared, and even though there were some things that Jun had to work on, like being present on important days, Kyami had things to work on as well, like being supportive of Jun being Champion and realizing Jun's status would attract a lot of attention. Even though they both were a part of Imperius Gloria, Kyami was new, and had a lot to learn about the group and the school.

After pleasantries were exchanged, Kyami kissed Jun on the cheek and whispered in his ear that he was going to get something to eat. Kyami conversed with everyone who was there, but he was most excited to hear stories of the various fights everyone had been having lately. He collected some nibbles of food on a beautiful plate and started nibbling on the pieces of food. He had also grabbed Jun some items as well as a drink. He wasn't really the party type, but that didn't stop him from comingling with nearly everyone that had come through the door since his arrival with Jun. Nonetheless, eventually he found himself leaning against a wall watching everyone as they talked and regaled one another with various stories. He wasn't lonely, he was lost in thought. He had come to this party to have fun but his mind had once again escaped.

There wasn't much that he didn't think about, but as he watched everyone, his mind was like a sponge. It absorbed everything he took notice of, and then it wrung out all of the unimportant things. Then it decided to wander to something else that was completely off topic for the current situation. All in all he found that it was becoming hard to concentrate. He needed fresh air, it felt like the walls were closing in on him and he couldn't grasp what to do at the moment. That was when he saw it. The door. He needed to get out and get back in without Jun seeing him do it. He didn't want to trouble him, or make him break conversation with whomever he had found time to chat with.

Staying close to the wall to avoid making eye contact with anyone, he swiftly made his way to the exit. Just as he was about to open the door he heard his name being called, but he quickly opened the door and exited the building. He needed fresh air and he was going to get it. Sighing, he allowed his back to press against the wall as he inhaled the outside air.

"Focus Kyami, focus," he told himself over and over as if trying to regain some control.

Junkiro hated parties. No, Jun was a sociable type, loved hanging out with people, and liked having a good time. It was more like something always had to go WRONG at parties. It started off well enough. Kyami, after whispering that he was going to get food, had gone off happily enough. Junkiro instead walked over to his friend Hikaru, who was eating alone and honestly seemed a bit dejected.

"Hey, Hikaru." Jun placed a hand on her shoulder, giving her a warm smile. "You alright there? You seem a bit down in the dumps. It's a party, shouldn't you be having fun?" Jun hoped this wasn't going to be what ruined the party. Hikaru was his friend, and seeing her mope like she did was a bit offputting. In fact, every time he hung out with her, she had been acting strangely around him. He wondered if there was something she wasn't telling him? It was likely, but Jun wasn't one to pry, so if she wanted to tell him, she could. Jun chewed on some rigatoni as he looked for his boyfriend. He hadn't seen him in fifteen minutes, and though he was glad he had gotten him food, Jun missed his hand in Ky's.

It was then he knew the party was going to go south. Jun spotted Kyami at the exit, about to try and sneak out. "Wait, Kyami!" Jun called out, but he must not have heard, because he ducked out immediately after. Concern flooded the freshman, and he nodded apologetically to Hikaru. "I'm so sorry," he hastily said before rushing out the door to chase down his boyfriend. What was going on with him? Was everything alright? Nothing but concern was in his head as he went running.

He found Kyami just outside, looking like he wanted to avoid talking to anyone. Jun bit his lip, worried that he might be less than okay. Slowly, he sidled up to his boyfriend, soft, gentle arms snaking around him. "Kyami, sweetheart, is something mattering?" Junkiro nuzzled into Kyami's shoulder, worried for his boyfriend. "You took off without telling me...I got worried you were not having fun." His hand slipped down to Kyami's, and he held the boy close to him with affection. "Hun, you can tell me anything. There's no need to be keeping secrets."

Cyst simply kept chowing down, taking in the pile of food in front of her without hesitation or thought to decorum. She could barely hear the room around her. Not like she could interact with it to any meaningful degree, anyway. She was busy. (This is just to keep this around. I don't want everything I love to die :()

Despite the fact that the Asian girl trailing behind Junkiro and Kyami seemed to refuse introductions, the Freshman Champion called her by name and thus at least half-assed introduced her to Vince and everyone else in the room. Still, he understood that she had food on the brain... as shown by how quickly she loaded up a plate and went to town on it. In addition, she started texting someone. After tasting his cooking, Vince assumed the text was to either brag about eating awesome food or to invite someone else to the event. Suddenly, he wished he'd made more food.

Kyami and Jun were as close as ever, but between conversations the duo seemed to get up and leave for some reason. Vincento shrugged his shoulders and took a bite of the baked tomatoes he'd prepared so diligently. Lightly sweet, with a bit of tartness from the acid content, rounded off by the mild cheese that topped them. A great side dish, really. A moment passed and things grew quiet, so Vincento decided to break the silence.

"So tell me, Troy. What does your family do? We're all here to fight and get an education, but our families are all different." Pointing to himself, Vince figured he'd share first. "My father runs a vineyard in Palermo, Italy. He also does a lot of investing and has gotten pretty good at it." Not ENTIRELY true, but it was also not a lie in any way. Indeed, Vince's father ran a vineyard and made investments... but that was not ALL he did.

Troy almost grimaced. He did, but internally. "Guess I should be glad I wasn't ENTIRELY ignored." He pushed aside his plate so he could set his elbow on the table, resting his chin in his hand. "A vineyard, huh? And investing? Sounds a little boring. Maybe that's just me." He chuckled, even though nothing was funny. "My family... you know, they told me how it worked, but I never actually paid much attention. The basic explanation is that they just compete in the big, world class fight tournaments. You know the ones." He hoped Vince did, because Troy himself rarely watched them.

Just then the door flew open and slammed against the wall beside it, cracking a small hole where the doorknob hit the drywall. Miranda Walsh, New Peaks' resident cyborg, stood in the doorway with one leg raised and extended. Like a child, she had kicked the door open. "Shit yes, I know about big-ass tournaments. I've FOUGHT in one! Hell, I got fourth in the bigass one a coupla months ago. Didn't see you in the top sixteen, scrawny." She eyed Troy with a bit of a condescending air, but then came over and ruffled his hair with an almost too-strong motion. "Heh. I'm just busting your chops. So Vince, nice spread! Is it for anyone in particular?" Not that it mattered; Miranda couldn't eat it anyways. But it was still polite to ask... even if it was in the least polite way possible.

This time, Troy's grimace was clearly visible on his face. He immediately set to work fixing his hair. It was important to him, for some reason, that it stay neatly parted, even though he didn't seem to give much of a care about the rest of his appearance. "I lost somewhere mid-preliminaries. Or at least, I think so." He'd paid about as much attention to his own fights as he did to everyone else's. It was little wonder he lost so quickly. Once he'd gotten his hair straightened out, he raised his head to actually look at the girl who'd seen fit to mess it up. He failed, just a little bit, to hide his surprise. "Whoa, uh--" He coughed, choking on his own words. "--your, uh, hands...?" Troy then mentally berated himself. "Smooth as silk. Good job, me."

It didn't take much for Miranda to not like the guy whose hair she just ruffled. First he set about fixing his hair like it was his room and his mum was about to come in, and then he played off his own loss in the tournament like it was dropping a penny on the ground. She wanted to go off on him about priorities, but then he gawked at her cybernetic body and a smirk returned to her face. "You like 'em? Gotta say, your reaction's probably my favorite this week." She belted out a laugh before she glanced back at the boy. "Long story short, my body got fucked six ways to Tuesday, so the docs outfitted me with this kickass body. I can do shit you'd only dream of." And yet, she'd lost to some electrical kid... apparently being stronger, faster, and tougher didn't mean shit in the fighting world.

Before Vincento could respond, the door practically exploded off of its hinges. Miranda, one of the girls in the tournament finals, had kicked it in after hearing Troy comment about tournaments. Just as quickly, she started to chitchat about tournaments and her oh-so-awesome cyborg parts. Vince sighed internally; Miranda was one uninvited party guest who could grate on one's nerves very quickly if you didn't adapt to her boisterousness quick, and Vincento could tire of her quickly at times. But who was he to be a disrespectful host? Vincento quickly scrubbed whatever look of surprise he had and put on a warm smile as he addressed the cyborg. "Ciao, Miranda. The food is for anyone, but I'm sure you can find some fun talking to everyone. I figured if everyone had a good time, we could finish off this Easter well, yeah?" He played Miranda off as though nothing had happened, trying to keep the party lively and upbeat.

Troy wasn't awfully engaged in the conversation. He mostly just sat there, glancing between Vince and Miranda as they spoke in turn. At first, he'd thought of giving a response to her hasty explanation as to why, exactly, she had robot hands, but he stopped himself before he could open his mouth. "Can't think of anything to say that isn't probably stupid." He did, however, speak after Vincento, sending a skeptical look in the Italian guy's direction. "If you don't mind my asking, what do you consider a good time? Because, you know, the food's great and all, but there's not a whole lot of actual conversation happening, and I think a couple people already left."

If there was one thing Miranda hated, it was being ignored. Before Vincento could respond, Miranda flicked her metallic fingers, striking Troy in the back of the head. "Hey, shitface, I was talking to you. Don't you know how rude it is to ignore someone?"

Troy had taken a forkful of food and raised it to his mouth just in time to be assaulted by a deadly finger-based attack, sending the food splattering across the front of his hoodie. He sighed annoyedly, then grabbed a napkin and started wiping himself off. "Sure do. Don't YOU know how rude it is to flick someone while they're eating?" He spoke in more of a joking tone than an angry one. For one, he didn't really care, but there was another reason for that. "Wonder how she'll react if I refuse to take her seriously.

Oh, was he really trying to outdo her in a rude contest? Miranda liked the cut of this guy. He was an idiot, sure, but he was at least entertaining. "Pretty sure when you respond like you did, all bets are off, dickbutt." Miranda leaned back in her chair, a smug expression on her face. "You have only yourself to blame for your dirty hoodie there. If you don't want someone to be a jackass, don't be a jackass and ignore them. Capische?" She never once hinted at anger, merely a sense of smug superiority. This guy was now her toy, and nothing more.

Oh, for the love of... Troy didn't know any better, but Miranda was in complete control of what she was doing. If they kept this up, things were bound to escalate sooner or later. He decided to do his best to distract the boy who didn't know what he was getting himself into. "Troy." His voice was notably more relaxed and calming than usual. "How come you don't seem to care about tournament fights? They're sort of the important part of New Peaks, right?" Clearly, he was trying to deflect the subject at hand to something less tense... but how it would work out was still up in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.