Fight School [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Finale To the Co-op Post between Zackymas and I[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent](Musical Companion)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Juanjo, who seemed to be South American, perhaps Brazilian, didn’t lose time and rushed against Jiro(5 meters away) in less than two full seconds for a jumping kick aimed at his head. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]“He’s fast...” [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Jiro thought as he was barely able to jump back and avoid the kick by millimeters. He remained silent, observing his opponent’s movement. Instead of continuing with the offensive, Juanjo started moving both arms in a wide arc movement as his feet switched places front and back. Jiro recognized this, he had seen it in his trip to Brazil, it was capoeira, indeed. As Jiro had already seen this martial art before, he had a basic knowledge of Juanjo’s skills and movements, keeping both hands open at his front, he jumped back once again. “What’s that? You scared punk? I thought we were going to fight.” Juanjo tried to taunt Jiro.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Siel stared at the two fighting for a while before turning back to who he would guess to be his opponent, “So… I’m guessing you want to dance to?” The response he got was the cracking of knuckles. “I’ll take that as a yes. Now, before we start, I’ll have you know that I’m not a good dancer when it comes to foreign dancing.” Siel took the regular pumbalkki stance while closing the distance between him and James, the latter action returned back to him. Their brawl began when James threw a high punch Siel seemingly “wiped” away then kicked James’ stomach using the flat of his foot.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Juanjo seemed to be the one with the initiative, he used a series of spins and stunts to gain terrain before Jiro. When they were relatively close, Jiro was able to notice an increase on his opponent's speed. That had to be his ability, speed boost, but as Jiro started to plan a strategy, Juanjo lead the offensive, again. Using his hand as support, Juanjo was able to do an incredibly high kick which impacted directly in Jiro’s neck. “Tch.” the itching sound came from Jiro’s mouth like some sort of whine as he was pushed back by the impact. Juanjo immediately opened the gap between them. "Aren’t you going to counter? Ha, what a waste… your friend is at least doing something.” Again, he tried to taunt Jiro. But he wasn’t going to let his enemy take psychological control of the fight, he breathed in and remained still, thinking. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Capoeira and speed boost… interesting opponent. I must disable his hands when he uses them to support himself...”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Siel had to be honest with himself; he was going to kick this guy in the balls again. Just for another fight. James and Siel were like two opposites fighting one another. James constantly threw punches at Siel while Siel constantly tried to kick James. The flow of the fight would seem even but the truth was that Siel was at a disadvantage. When James wasn’t attacking, he held up his arms to cover his midsection or head. It limited Siel to attacking his feet and thus making his own offense predictable. Siel had to put distance between him and James at this realization in order to think of a plan, but when he did, James had already closed the distance that Siel tried to set. He had no time to react when a flurry of blows had already reached him. The finisher for this barrage was a force appearing from nowhere near James’ arms, as they had pulled back, and ended up knocking Siel back. Falling onto the ground, Siel took a deep breath. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]“His knee moved but never connected. I think… I got this.”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“This is just starting, son.” Jiro taunted Juanjo, it wasn’t proper of himself, but it was the perfect counter. "You just called me… [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]son[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]?” Juanjo’s teeth grinded. He started doing a series of spins across the field to reach Jiro’s location. It was hard to follow with the sight, but this was exactly what Jiro wanted, he had already everything set, he leaved the defensive and rushed against Juanjo. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]“Now it’s my chance.”[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Jiro thought as a small block was created right between Juanjo’s hand and the floor. “What th-” Juanjo could only try to exclaim something as he fell disbalanced. Jiro quickly created another block at his front and jumped on it, deleted the one below Juanjo, and before reaching the floor, he grabbed Juanjo’s leg just to launch him at the third block which was being created behind him. “Ack!” Juanjo screamed of pain as his back crashed with the block. “Still sure of this?… son.” Jiro taunted the now -laid-on-the-floor Juanjo.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Siel launched himself back up and wiped away the sweat falling down his head. “Alright, I gotcha.” Starting to bounce about once again, this time in a different stance, Siel charged James. Knowing what would happen, James put up his arms to block an incoming kick… that never came. Before he knew it, Siel had stepped to his side and was spinning. James acted on instinct and struck with his elbow. The physical state alone could never reach Siel, but James’s power would be able to help, and the strike seemed to launch bullets of air into Siel’s stomach while a kick hit James’ in the back of his head, an unfair trade of blows, 3 to Siel, 1 to James. Siel used the force of the attack to move away from James. Rolling into a crouched position then rising, “So... Is it air control or ki?” James’ eyes narrowed as his backup plan had been found, “It seems you can use it to enhance the range of your attacks. But I can’t help to wonder why you never did it with your fist. Is it limited? If it is, it seems to be limited to your hinge joints.” James made no comment; he wasn’t going to waste breath for something already explained. “Ha… Time for round 2, ol’ boyo.” While Siel spoke the last line, James was already closing the distance to Siel, moving like an enraged bull. James was going to do another ki extended right knee aimed for the midsection, expecting Siel would move in anticipation for an elbow strike. “Didn’t I say hinge joints?” [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Don’t you dare to… call me [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]son [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]again.” Juanjo struggled to get up from the last strike which had caught him by surprise, he didn’t know that Jiro had such powers, but he wasn’t going to commit the same mistake twice. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]“Time for me to take the offensive!”[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Jiro thought as he as he jumped back a couple times. Juanjo managed to get on his feet, readying himself for the next rush, he started doing the capoeira trademark move again, it was confusing for anyone who didn’t know about the fighting style. “Come! I’ll kick your little pitty ass once in for all.” Juanjo exclaimed, as the adrenaline flew through his system. Jiro, in silence he started running, created a block right at his front again, jumped on it before creating another block a bit higher and oriented to the left, and so Jiro moved jumped from block to block until he reached Juanjo’s location, when he was right in front of Juanjo, he created a one meter long, two meter wide and ten centimeters deep block right above Juanjo. The block wasn’t pushing him or anything like that, at was just blocking Juanjo’s ability to look up, he tried to run out of the block’s range, but in the exact moment, Jiro used the block’s edge as a bar to hold himself and kicked Juanjo in the stomach right before he could reach any further.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]James had never noticed due to his blind rage, but Siel changed into another stance. His left foot was in the upper position of pum and his right was at the bottom left position. He had his left hand reaching out while the right was set at his the left side of his waist. The moment James moved for his attack, Siel had already moved out of the way and was able to use his two hands to grab the attacking knee. James tried to jerk back in order to get out of this disadvantaged position, which Siel gladly helped by lifting James’ knee then pushing him back, knocking him off balance. James’ body moved on instinct in order to regain balance before Siel could continue. What James never would’ve anticipated was the idea of Siel charging forward in an unnatural position... Siel had broken all taekkyeon stances and charged forward, fist ahead, legs back, ready to punch. Admittingly, accidently biting his tongue first, “JOCHDA!” [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Juanjo coughed as Jiro’s foot impacted on his stomach. “You’re going to regret that!” Juanjo then quickly dashed at Jiro, this was way faster than Jiro had calculated Juanjo could move, therefore Juanjo was able to find an opening and kick Jiro in the head with a high kick before he could move upside the block. At that moment, all blocks were instantly destroyed. Jiro fell right in front of Juanjo, he wasn’t going to let this opportunity slip away of his hands, so Juanjo quickly rushed again before doing a somersault to land right on Jiro’s upper body. Jiro was able to react in time and roll to the left before Juanjo could proceed with his intentions, Jiro remained silent as Juanjo approached him with a flurry of somersaults, spins, and kicks, Jiro could only jump back trying to avoid the siege that kept him at bay. “Enough…” Jiro muttered as he readied himself to run, he quickly created three blocks around Juanjo. He wasn’t able to realize what Jiro was doing, he didn’t see the blue shines at his back. Jiro calculated each of Juanjo’s spins and jumps time and distance. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]“The next time he touches the floor, I’ll have enough time to dash right below him, he will jump before I reach the location.” [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Jiro thought as he sprinted, and so it happened. Jiro was able to dash below Juanjo while he was in the air, so before Juanjo could land, Jiro used the block most approached to the floor to propulse himself up. “Try to keep up...” Jiro muttered as he quickly bounced on the block. That block was immediately destroyed and remade in front of Juanjo. Jiro was able to then use his speed and momentum to bounce from one block to the other one, he was almost like flying around the arena. “What the-” Juanjo tried to exclaim as Jiro interrupted his speech with a kick to the leg. “Eh? That didn’t-” Juanjo couldn’t finish another sentence before Jiro quickly interrupted him with a punch right in the center of his back. And so it began, Jiro counted back from ten, each number was a jump on a block. When he reached three, Juanjo lost balance and almost fell, before he could touch the ground, Jiro bounced in a block which was two meters above Juanjo. Placing both knees to the front, and with the current momentum he had, Jiro landed on Juanjo’s upper body with the speed of a bullet, if there was to be an exaggerated analogy. Dust rose over the arena as this happened, Jiro stepped out of the dust before sitting on the floor to get his breath back.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]When the distance was finally closed, Siel clasped his hands together and faked an elbow strike while kicking the unguarded stomach of James. Before James could fixate on Siel’s attack, Siel had already moved his foot back down. To James, it seemed that Siel hit him with his elbow… without even touching him. “How… how can you do that - !” Siel wasn’t as kind as James when it came to talking, having crouched and rushed forward, now rising with what seemed to be an uppercut. James swayed back, narrowly dodging the attack. At this point, the fight turned from a brawl of styles into a pure slugfest. Both sides were moving in and out with their offense, throwing a couple punches, Siel managing to get in a kick or two, and moving back. “What kind of fighter are you?! Throwing away your art!” James growled at Siel, who responded with a twitch. “What are you talking about? I’ve been keeping up taekkyeon the entire time.” Siel quickly performed a jumping high kick which James rushed back to get away. This time, he let Siel pull close so he could analyze his movements. Siel’s stepping was 3 diagonal steps to the left then 3 to the right. And when Siel threw a punch, James shifted over to the side and stared…. Siel’s hand was was in a claw shape, almost as if he was grabbing. “See? Like I’ve said, I’ve been using taekkyeon.” Siel faced James and slowly moved towards a lone tree in the arena. He raised his hand to wipe away his sweat, and no sooner did he close his eyes while doing so, did he hear the sound of stepping coming towards him. Siel reached towards the tree, grabbing it and using it as a center to circle around the tree, gaining momentum. By the time he was behind James and James had turned, Siel had a kick already in motion. The kick hit James’ left temple and knocked him against the tree, having the right side of his head also getting hurt. Siel chuckled to himself when James fell to the ground in a rather ragdoll like manner. “Hah…”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Match end! Winners, Jiro Faint and Siel Jin!” The judge called out to Jiro and Siel when their opponents seemed to be badly injured. As the two stepped away from their opponents, a medical team ran onto the Arena to give medical care to Juanjo and James, both were thrown on the floor as everything just went too wild for them. Jiro, with some of his breath back but still struggling, walked out of the Arena, this had been, by far, his most difficult win, he sat on a bank next to the Arena. Siel, composed by the feeling of a well gained victory, stepped out the Arena, and started to chug his juice he was never able to finish. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“I have to admit… that was a great fight!” Siel spoke aloud, hoping Jiro was nearby to hear. Jiro got his attention captured when he heard Siel speaking out loud, somehow, he knew the message was for him, just a feeling. He created a small block, it didn’t consume a lot of energy because of its size, it was just to support himself. Using the block as support, Jiro stood up and walked towards Siel. “Hey, you don’t have to speak so loud… it’s annoying.” Jiro spoke calmly as he approached Siel. “Aren’t you happy we won?” Siel smiled then finished off the rest of his juice. “Happy? I’m neutral about the topic, but I do feel good from not losing.” Jiro answered after making his way onto the grass. “That’s basically winning, right there.” Siel responded while throwing away his empty juice bottle and following Jiro, “So… where to now, bro?” Jiro laid on the grass and began to speak his mind, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]“...Guess we should go and take some rest.” Siel shrugged, having no complaints against that idea considering he was also tired. He walked to the area his friend was sitting at, sat beside him, and stared off into this distance. His mind beginning travelling off to somewhere else.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
"Alright, looks like I'm all caught up for now," a short girl of five feet three inches tall, clearly Japanese, thought out loud as she tapped a loose stack of papers against the top of her desk a couple of times, causing them to all fall into a more orderly stack that she slide a paperclip onto. In it was various assignments, course syllabuses, and other paperwork that she needed to sign or fill out, which took her three days to painstakingly work her way through since arriving on the island, but it appeared like all of that mess was at last behind her. She was still going to end up with a couple missing grades here and there in various classes, but she'd be sure to make up for it in her fighting and extra effort in her classes using her trademark hard work and determination. No, she had no worries that she would still manage to succeed even after coming in eight weeks late. Some people would probably think she was smart just because she was Japanese or something, but they often didn't know hard work like she did.

Looking over it all in it's complete form she let out a contented sigh and a small grin. However, this soon faded from her expression as she remembered that she still had a job to do; what she had come to this island for in the first place. Sure, it was a nice school that she would have loved to go to anyways to test out her abilities, but what she really wanted to do was confront the boy who had put her idiot brother Akio, who she still had sisterly affection for despite all of this, into a coma last year from which he still hadn't recovered and showed no signs of doing so in the near future. She knew her brother could get in way over his head from time to time (okay, most of the time) and probably was the one to challenge Shotaro to a fight in the first place, knowing his personality, but that still didn't excuse Shotaro's actions for taking things too far. Akio tried to be tough, having numerous dealings with one of the yakuza groups back home, but in reality Hikaru felt like she could easily take him on in a fight now that she had made it to nidan in kendo. Shotaro should have realized that he was weak deep down and gone easy on him. A true fighter would know that. Either Shotaro was just a bully or a lame fighter who couldn't control himself or judge his opponent well at all. None of these options painted a very good picture of him in her mind. She didn't care if he'd beat her up as well; she needed to speak her mind to him and see if he had any regrets and would at least apologize for what he had done. If not then she wanted to beat him up, even if she knew she wasn't yet powerful enough to do so, given the rumors she'd been hearing around the school of his "massacres" of fellow students. Even on the first day of this year he took someone down just like that.

She slide her chair backwards and got to her feet, walking to the front of the classroom and setting the papers down on the desk of her homeroom teacher.

"Finished already? Nice, you may take the rest of the day off," he said with a friendly smile.

"Thank you, sir," Hikaru replied with a customary bow before scooping up her blue shinai bag containing her kendo equipment and heading out the door. She wore a white, button up t-shirt and a short length blue and green plaid skirt. Completing her Japanese school girl-esque ensemble was knee high white socks and brown loafers. This was the sort of outfit that she had grown accustomed to while growing up in Japan so she didn't feel like switching things up all of a sudden. Maybe she'd ease into different fashions once she got a better idea of how the other students dressed here. She didn't fall into peer pressure much but she didn't want to intentionally dress freakishly weird either. She did look a little odd already while carrying around her shinai bag along with the large brown bag on her other shoulder for the rest of her supplies, as if she were a pack mule or something, but she needed to have it with her until she could drop all the stuff back at her room.

As she got outside she flipped off her shoes and socks, placing them inside her school bag. In kendo you would never wear shoes and it felt so much more comfortable. Too bad for all the, "no shirt, no shoes, no service" rules around in western society. In Japan you would get in trouble if you did bring shoes in to someone's house and trample around flinging dirt everywhere. Oh well, rules were rules even if she didn't agree with them. If she had to she'd put on geta that she kept in her bag just in case she got called out on her habit, which were easy to slip on our off in a hurry.

She began asking people around for Shotaro, and seeing he was famous and all she didn't have too much trouble honing in closer and closer on the position the various students said that they had last seen him around at. Her journey left her at the theater...this school property had a theater? Fancy. Anyways, she bought a ticket to the transformers movie he had supposedly wanted to see (forced to put on her geta during this time), not partaking in any refreshments herself, not expecting much enjoyment out of the situation in the first place. Well...actually...she returned to the counter and ordered the king sized Hershey bar that had caught her eye. They sure made candy a lot bigger here, didn't they? With her active lifestyle she could afford to splurge on sweets every once in a while. Her money situation was a little tighter than her calorie limit but she had done her own part time work for a long while to help pay for things. That being said, if she couldn't afford even a single candy bar every once in a while for all of her hard work than she was in a lot more trouble than she realized. She's just have to stay in her room and eat instant ramen for a bit to make up for it.

"Enjoy the movie," the woman behind the counter said with a bright smile. Hikaru nodded again and made her way into the darkened theater, which was quickly lit up by dozens of massive explosions on the screen. Not surprising, she head this was a Michael Bay movie. She understood most English words besides Shakespearean stuff and other difficult ones not used in every day conversation, but she didn't have to worry about this. It was a transformer movie. A child could understand.

She scanned the room for the guy who looked like the one in the picture someone had shown her, and indeed, there he was. She didn't feel as angry as she thought she would upon seeing him in person for the first time. In fact she managed to keep a mostly straight face, just an intense stare and clenched fists. However, she realized she was breaking her chocolate bar and let out a little yelp, breaking her out of her trance. Luckily it was still edible, just in two larger pieces now and some crumbs that fell to the floor at her feet. She bent over to scoop them up, only to have her shinai bag tip forward and smack her hard against the back of her head.

"I-itai!" She said in Japanese, an exclamation of pain, her meaning clearly understood given the circumstances. After gathering her fallen belongings and crumbs she rubbed the back of her head and took the nearest empty seat to recover her thoughts. This seat happened to be next to Bradley, although she did not know him at the time or truly notice him while she nursed her wounds and nibbled on her chocolate to make herself feel a bit better. Her shinai bag slumped between their two seats.

She slid her feet out of the geta while she watched Shotaro, taking note that there was no empty seats around him to move to a close position and confront him. She'd have to wait until the end of the move and intercept him when he walked out. Guess she might as well pay attention to the movie or something? It was then that she looked over to see that the boy next to her was also observing Shotaro. Odd. Well, he was popular, wasn't he? Or was this something else? She didn't want to interrupt him so just turned to face the movie screen again.

Diana looked around as she followed Zen and quirked an eyebrow. She had forgotten where they were going and it hadn't helped that she was in her mind for the entire time they were walking up until this point. "Uh... Hey, Zen? Where are we going again?" She asked in her soft, petite voice. Her tail drooped to the point it almost touched the ground, being tired from training, and her ears were folded back as well. Her eyes darted around while she took note of some judging eyes. Are they looking at me, or are they looking at Zen for hanging out with me? Either way... I still don't like it. It's kind of uncomfortable. She sighed and got a bit closer to her friend in order to feel a bit safer. She kept looking around, half looking to see if she could spot Shotaro and half hoping no one would approach the two. She was in no mood to fight unless it was for training and these people obviously weren't looking to train with her fighting back, they wanted a living punching bag.

"C- can we go a bit faster? I don't think the people in these halls are liking me very much." She reached over and grasped her tail to try and comfort herself, but it wasn't working very well at all. In her mind everyone was staring, though in reality it was just one or two people. Maybe even three. She had been using her imagination quite often, so it was kind of getting into her everyday life, mostly when she hadn't noticed she was using it. She had been too busy looking around that she didn't realize how close she was getting to Zen until she bumped into him. She sidestepped away, slightly blushing. "Sorry!" She quickly exclaimed to him. She held her tail a bit tighter and looked up at Zen, hoping he wasn't too angry with her for bumping into him from behind.

Zen didn't even realize the group of people looking at him wandering around with a half breed he was to busy on trying to figure out what to do. Diana on the other hand looked as if she had been scared out of her mind. Lost in his thoughts he snapped out of it looking to Diana who spoke. "I'm sorry what?" He asked not understanding at first yet finally shrugged. "I don't know, just kind of wandering the halls I guess. I was following you for the most part." He spoke then glanced around at the people all in the hall whispering amongst each other. He could hear some of their conversations yet paid them no mind. The hell is that kid doing? Does he not notice that half breed beside him? No man, thats that kid that's always around her. I've seen the before, I'd swear they were a damn couple or something. Blegh could you imagine being around or even thinking of being around those things? He sighed shaking his head wanting to kick the kids face in with a swift kick but went back to walking and zoning out once more.

When Diana asked if they could speed up he smiled big. "Sure we can and I know right where to go too! I've got a wonderful idea if you don't mind I think I'm going to start a fight. A legal one of course with an arena and everything." He smirked at this thought and made his way to the challenge board. Once there he stopped and slipped his phone out of his pocket and shot Bradley a quick text. By the way, just figured I'd let you know your signature is needed at the challenge board hurry!. He knew Diana would probably want to smack him for the act of challenging Brad but he didn't pay it no mind, he figured it'd be fun to fight him. "And there we go now we wait for the challenged student to arrive."

Bradley had tunnel vision, and did not see the Japanese girl next to her, so intently was he staring at Shotaro. But, when nature calls, she calls loudly, and he found he really had to pee. SO, quickly, but quietly (he knew something of social etiquette), he left the theater and headed to the boy's loo. It was clean and well-lit, which was very good, and he got to a urinal and did his deed, letting out a sigh of relief as he did so.

He heard someone enter, but thought nothing much of it as he zipped up, flushed, and washed his hands. it was then, over the water, he heard the click of the lock. Instinctively, he tensed up, but pretended not to hear, and continued washing his hands. Then he heard the sound of someone running at him, and, looking up, he saw a boy not much bigger than him running at him and winding up for a punch. At the last moment, Bradley jumped to the side, and the punch sailed past him, hitting the mirror and causing it to spiderweb with a crunch, also causing the boy to recoil in pain and hold his hand. "You bloody wanker! What gave you tha right to dodge?" The Boy said. Looking at him, Bradley didn't know who he was. He was fairly ripped, dressed in khaki shorts, boots, a white t-shirt, and a rawhide vest, which was open. He was fairly tanned, and had blonde hair and blue eyes.

Bradley quickly stood up, and held his hands out. "Woah, man, I don't know you, and I don't have any...pork...with you?" Bradley responds. "It's 'beef', you stupid git. And I have an entire side of it wif you. You, walkin' around dressed in your fancy pommy clothes, with your fancy pommy friends, and your fancy pommy face, get's me right nettled, it's what it is. But now I've got you bailed up." He balls a fist and points it at Bradley. "I'm going to rip off your dongle and shove it up your date, ya froot loop. Have at you!" With that, he charged.

Bradley just stood there, confused out of his mind, as confused as he's ever been. But as soon as he saw the boy come at him, he raised his guard. As he approached, Bradley shot out with a heel kick to the boy's knee. It hit solidly, but didn't stop him. Bradley barely ducked the wild haymaker the boy threw at him. Bradley countered with a few jabs to the boy's ribs, but...it was like punching stone! With that, the boy launched a knee at Brad, which hit him square in the chest and sent him stumbling back. it felt as if his chest had been caved in. The boy charged again, wining up a powerful punch. Brad would be unable to dodge it this time. However, thinking quickly, Brad opened a stall door, and the boy punched it instead. The boy screamed and recoiled cursing as he did so. Bradley descended upon him with a flurry of savage kicks and punches. The boy fell back, but the hits seemed to not be affecting him in the slightest, even when he was punched in the face (which was often).

Bradley felt himself getting tired, even though the energy from the boy was nourishing, the contact wasn't long enough to properly get much, and hitting the boy actually hurt. What is with him? Bradley thought as finally the boy wound up again for a massive punch. Bradley tried to get back, but he found himself back against a wall. Oh...shit. He saw the punch coming, and did the only thing he could think of, he slid down the wall an onto his ass. Normally, this would be bad, but the boy did not stop his punch, and it sailed over his head, and slammed right into the tile, cracking it. Bradley reached out and grabbed the boy's wrist with both of his hands. He then began to be flung around as the boy tried shaking him off. Brad was slammed into the floor, the wall, the ceiling, even the stalls. It took a while, but finally he had to let go as he was flung away, but with a roll he landed on his feet.

The boy looked at him in a rage. "What is with you, Kid? Don't you get it? I'm Wally Mason, the rockhide, brawler extrodinaire!" He began walking toward bradley, with his arms out wide. "Punch me all you want, kick me all you want! My ki makes my hide as hard as stone and there ain't nothin that you can-" Wally stumbles and falls to his knees, his arms hang limply by his side. "Bloody hell, what's this? I..can't move!" He looks at Brad. "The fuck is going on?!"

"Simple, Wally." Bradley says as he walks toward him. "Your power makes you resilient to damage, my power takes your power away, and weakens you in general. I thank you for your ki." Bradley says as Wally looks on, flabbergasted. "I'm right fucked, aren't I?" "Right in the down under." With that he grabs Wally's head in his hands. "Clever Girl." And then, pulling Wally's head towards him, he knees him in the face, knocking him out.

That done, he straightens his clothes and hair, unlocks the bathroom door, and calls for medical aid on his phone, and informs them of what happened and what went on. Security and medical arrived, took his statement and took wally to the medical facility. After that, Brad noticed he got a text, and responded with an 'okay', then left to go and sign his name. When he got there, he would do so.

A boyish figure, dressed in loose fitting clothes and a hat inappropriate for a library, sat at one of the many large study desks around the room.

Eden quietly earmarked the left-hand page of a comically large tome labeled, "Quark Subtypes and Quantum Field Theory - An Extrapolation" and set it on the third of six varying stacks of equally absurd books on the desk to her right. She was currently studying, profusely at that, for nothing in particular, Eden just liked physics. Eden had always liked physics, from learning about newton in elementary school, all the way to Hamilton, Heitler, and Peng's Cosmic-Ray Meson theory, of her own studies shortly after arriving at New Peaks.
Eden was always the kind of girl to stick to her guns, playing to her strengths and avoiding things she was never any good at. Unfortunately for her, and the administration at the school, the latter of those two is comprised of almost anything unrelated to the sciences or fighting. Ever since Eden was born, she'd always had an impeccable memory, one that never failed, one that took in everything it could and never ever stopped; Until she was confronted with something she didn't like. Eden has an indexed perfect memory, but could still only recite a few lines from hamlet, she'd never actually read it. All the same, Eden can circle walk and practice Bagua forms without a single misstep on command, but couldn't tell you how to cook a pork roast. Eden is a selfish, unreliable, walking encyclopædia of combat and physics. But then again, she also attends Fight School.

Eden came here on a development scholarship, after a combined interest in dance, physics, and martial arts brought her into turning her Baguazhang training into something new and different, something she could be proud of and call her own. For there is no greater joy to a self-serve psychopath than creation.

"So why is it that I'm stuck in the library pretending to study Shakespeare?"

Eden questioned under her breath, silently cursing her absurd class schedule. Some sirens from H&W flew by on the adjacent street, nothing unusual, as morons were always getting into stupid fights with stupider people here. As Eden saw it, This school was one for honing, not proving; Tests and official challenges were the only good reasons to fight, and only then because of regulation, or for learning. She was always very strict about this, never fighting unless she had to, a major tenet of many eastern martial arts, which value discipline above strength.

Eden huffed a very dramatic huff, getting up out of her chair as though it were her first day in a nursing home, before piling her book piles into a library cart and wheeling them with her to the entrance, where she deposited all but the most recent one, which she checked out.

Eden left the library and headed down the street, towards the female dorms.

Company: N/A
Mood: Tired, Restless

I should also add that, despite the decoration image, Eden is not shirtless in this context. She does bind her chest for fights, but here she is just wearing regular clothes.

5:30PM New Peaks Time.
Saturday, October 24th

The movie had kept Shotaro amused and was a welcome break from his normally stressful time at New Peaks. But even that was ruined as soon as he went to use the restroom after the show had ended. Apparently one of his fanboys had decided to get into an unsanctioned scrap, and had the taste knocked out of his mouth as a result. "Know what? Not my fucking problem. Weekends are MY time, and I don't intend on that changing." Clearly, he was annoyed by this development, as people didn't usually think out loud like that without good reason. Still, he was true to his word and simply walked away from the scene. But where would he go from here? Well, the day was still young... maybe he'd WATCH a fight instead of take part.

Browsing the challenge board outside the theater, Shotaro saw a few fights set to begin soon. Elias Palamara vs Priya Bhandari, Vadim Steinersson vs Joseph Masters, Bradley Johnson vs Zen Akero. Well, he knew Elias would win. He was a B1 Rank, and Priya was only a C1. Vadim vs Joseph was even more of a washout, with Vadim being at A3, and Joseph being at D1. Seemed to Shotaro that the kid who challenged him on the first day had inspired people to follow suit now and then. Lastly, the bout of Bradley vs Zen. C3 vs D3. Still a likely washout, but it'd be more entertaining than watching Elias yet again or watching another freshman get manhandled by a senior. That was the deciding factor, really. The other two fights would be more boring than watching two freshman kick the crap out of each other. So Shotaro headed over to the Central Gardens Arena early in order to get the best spot.

Vincento on the other hand, had arrived at the Student Rec Center just ahead of Elena. It was a quick dash, after all. And one he had begun with a slight head-start. Surely she would not be far behind, but the young Italian DID have time to climb into one of the building's three boxing rings and take his shirt off before his pursuer arrived. He would then lean back into one of the corners and simply wait for his new sparring partner to arrive. Not much else for him to do in a ring without a partner, after all.

Meanwhile, in the Administrative Headquarters...

After staring at a computer screen for a few moments, one man asked "It's going to happen soon, no doubt about it. When should we make the announcement, babe?" as he turned his gaze to the woman who stood nearby and scribbled formulas onto a dry-erase board. These two were Cameron Ballard, New Peaks Academy's Chemistry Teacher; and Mia Ballard-Sandoval, New Peaks Academy's Calculus Teacher and Cameron Ballard's wife. Cameron was also a talented Savateur, holding the rank of Professeur (Gold Gloves). Mia held the rank of Katalungan (4th-Degree Black Belt) in Pencak Silat. Both lacked any special ability beyond their own physical capabilities and both are former students who decided to become teachers after their graduation.

Mia turned toward her husband and narrowed her eyes, annoyed at his pestering. "This is the fourth time you have asked me, Cameron. My answer is the same. We'll tell them at eight o'clock. Things will be winding down for the night and those who don't already know will be less likely to get freaked out." She immediately returned to scribbling on the board and working out the mathematical problems she had previously written. "Besides, it won't happen for at least three more days. Stop worrying so damn much. You're not as handsome when you're all worked up like that." In response, Cameron smiled and returned to his work at the computer. "Yeah, that's true. At least we're prepared, right? Not like when you and I were here ten years ago." The two of them chuckled, and went back to the tasks before them.

Whatever was going on, everyone would know in approximately two and a half hours.

Last edited:
Diana looked around at where they had ended up and noticed Zen take out his phone and do something. She wouldn't have any idea what it was since she couldn't exactly see, but it must have been to get a fight started with someone he knew. I guess I won't know, for sure, who it is until they show up. She looked around to see if they would show up as quickly as she'd imagine. "So who are you going to fight?" She asked as she looked back over towards Zen. "It wouldn't happen to be anyone too strong would it? You're not pulling anything crazy, I hope." Again she looked around, her tail beginning to wave like normal again.

Then she saw Brad come into view. "Zen, you didn't challenge Brad, did you..?" She turned back to look at her friend, a hint of annoyance in her expression. Though at least it was Brad and not someone like Shotaro. "Just don't do anything too bad to him..." She said as her ears folded back a little. "I don't want you guys to get really hurt." With that she shot a friendly smile towards Zen and continued to look around, seeing if anyone else would show up. "So, Brad, why don't we go and hang out after this fight? We don't really do that much anymore." Again, she stopped looking around and looked at Brad. "Maybe we could catch a movie and Zen could tag along if he wanted." It certainly sounded like fun to her, knowing that Brad seemed to be busy all the time it would probably be nice for him to actually do something. Or at least that's what she was thinking.

Twin Peaksamania: Bradley Vs Zen, the first round!
Zen smiled after the day would finally get to fight Bradley in one that wouldn't involve in him getting written up or whatever they did to trouble makers. When he made it to the locker room he noticed he was first to arrive. Bradley didn't even show up yet. "I swear that mother fucker better not be late. If he's late then I'm going to beat his ass twice in one day" He switched out of his regular school outfit only to put on a black training gi. His was loosely fit for easy movements and quick motions. He wore no shoes and kept a purple belt tied around his waist. When he was finished dressing up he looked at himself in the mirror that stood in the locker room adjusting his outfit to par.

After he was in acceptance to his own outfit he stepped out to the screaming crowd who was already starting to pile in to see the action. It was early enough for people to arrive but not late enough where others would be arriving to see the starting punch, or kick. Zen smirked at the thought of fighitng Brad finally and clenched his fists wondering how the fight would go down. He knew what to do inside and knew he was clearly at a disadvantage but trying would only make him feel at ease and make it easier next time he fought him. Who knows he might even win this fight. Zen shifted to one side of the arena and sat down sliding his knees under him. He was ready to get this fight started now all he had to do was wait on the opponent. He closed his eyes listening to the gathering crowd listening to the things they said. Most were calling him the loser before the fight even started. This may have gotten to him but he wouldn't let it affect his fight.

Bradley, having just gotten through a most unpleasant of scraps in the boys washroom, suddenly recieved a text on his phone. Zen... where had he met... Oh! That boy with the parahuman girlfriend! He remembered them now. So he wanted to fight? Odd, given his lower D3 Ranking. Still, Brad wasn't one to refuse a request. 7PM Local Time? At the Central Gardens Arena? As he recalled, that was where the one Asian boy was beaten thoroughly by Shotaro. In any case, at least it was a familiar setting.

The movie finished shortly after he received the message, and it was about 6:30PM Local time. More than enough time to walk at a leisurely pace to the arena. Arriving with about five minutes to spare, Bradley simply walked out into the arena in his suit. No need to get changed, as fine attire was a hallmark of his chosen martial art. A few of the freshman and sophomore girls were eyeing him like a piece of candy, in fact. After all, he DID look good in a suit and gave off an air of refinement.

Bradley saw Zen had already arrived, and he swallowed nervously, and took a deep breath. The Ki from Wally had healed him up nicely, though he was still a bit sore from where Wally had kneed him. It wouldn't slow him down, but served as a reminder tat this school wasn't all gumdrops and ice cream as the brochure had made it out to be. He bowed deeply to him. "Good luck, Zen." He would say, before taking his gloves off and settling into ye olde boxing stance, which would likely get some...odd...looks.

Zen opened his eyes looking up to Bradley who was only just arriving. His eyes looked to the time seeing he was only a few moments shy of being late. After he arrived Zen took a gentle nod and stood up holding a serious face. He was ready to get this fight started and on the road as one would say. When he was wished good luck his serious face turned to a joking one. "Well Ashley it would seem you may need the luck more then me. Higher level may be one thing but who cares. I can still fight fist to fist with you." After that Zen adjusted his position now where he was standing. His eyes focused on Bradley's figure more then just his face.

He waited until he heard the starting sound motioning that the fight had started. He lifted his hands up in a loose fashion waiting on Bradley to attack. He learned from his previous fights not to jump in and attack first. When Bradley would attack he would go for the block and counter. If he didn't counter then it would only be a block. Whatever would come to his way he would ready to deal with it in every way possible. Hopefully he wouldn't be ruined right away. Zen assumed that he could win this without any trouble but didn't want to take chances and thought about every which way possible to do this. Bradley circles Zen, sometimes faking an asssault, but always keeping his guard up.

"Sorry I was late, Zen. This big kid jumpd me in the bathroom, he kicked like a mule, and was really tough. I took him down, though. I hope he's alright." he was slowly moving towards Zen, before rushing him. RIght before he got into kicking range, he would hop back, qickly to the left, and started with a fouette kick aimed at the side of Zen's face. Zen watched his movements closely and put his arms up to block each and every time he faked an attack. "Heh late? You were late thirty minutes ago. You know when we finished writing the damn sign up sheet." He gave a quick left hook and pulled back only a quarter of the way into the punch as if to fake the punch before watching him once again his eyes scanning over his body multiple times to see his movements.

"Taking down a student before this fight? Didn't hurt you to bad did it now?" He smirked as if taunting the man. This fight would be a well made fight if he had to fight all day. Zen quickly took note of the quick movements of him rushing in taking a step back with his right foot to better stablize himself for the punch. When Brad stepped back Zen was in a sort of shock expecting a straight jab or a low kick yet this was a form of high kick straight towards his face. He was quick at thought when bringing up his left arm to block it stumbling from the kick hitting his arm. This caused a slight stinging in his forearm yet, Zen was quick to regain his balance. He leaned forwards and went in for a straight punch with his left hand.

"Not really, he didn't put up too much of a fight." Brad said, as his kick was blocked. He quickly regained his stance, and just in time as Zen launched a punch at him. Putting his forearms parallel to his body, blocking his face, he blocked the punch, then went on the offensive once more. He would rush Zen, and unleash a barrage of quick, yet powerful punches. A left, a right, another right, a left, a jab,all these, while obviously real punches, were not truly intended to cause much damage, but rather, force him back.While this happened, Brad would hook his leg behind Zen's and with a final savage punch to Zen's sternum, he would, at the same time, attempt to sweep Zen's legs, and the dual action of the sweep and the destabilizing punch would send Zen plummeting to the ground. If that happened, brad would then begin stomping on him until he surrenedered or some how struck back.

Zen quickly followed Brad's eyes and activated his ability. The shadow boxing ability which allowed him to copy the same movements as his opponnent. When Brad brought the left punch he followed behind it pulling back yet reaching out with the left punch while bringing his right arm up to block it was a nearly successful block causing his left wrist to surge with pain. Zen cringed yet kept his eyes focused on Brad's eyes. Following up with Brad's right punch bring his left arm up causing a pain surge through this arm as well. He was hurting his self but if the punches countered correctly and copied as he predicted they would severely damage Brad as well. He continued copying the punches until Brad brought his leg to hook behind his. Unable to copy this he brought his leg up aiming straight for his groin stopping his leg from being caught in the leg grab. If the attack landed then it would clearly knock Brad for a loop. If it didn't land then he would bring a right hook directly towards Brad's kidneys. He was caught off guard to the punch that lead straight to his chest. To counter, he started with bringing his head straight down to strike Brad's nose. This would not only make a form of attack but it would also pull his chest back to hopefully dodge the . At least one of the attacks would have to land and do some form of damage if not cripple one part of his body. Zen nearly noticed the leg sweeping attack only to reach up and grasp the sleeve of Brad to drag him down with him. Hopefully this would work if it didn't then he would only fall. If the stomping was brought upon him he would block in a crossed fashion with his arms and swing his foot up to kick back.

Well, this is certainly going ploin-shaped. Bradley thought as he was dragged down, still a bit dazed. He shook the stars from his eyes quickly enough to see he had landed on top of Zen. They were on the ground, he could not hesitate now. He would twist around on top of Zen, and lock his right arm in an arm bar, using the power of his hips to overextend his elbow. "Tap out, Zen. Please, don't make me break your arm." Bradley would say, flexing his hips and putting pressure on Zen's arm for emphasis.

Zen winced when his arm was grabbed and pulled tight closing his eyes he inhaled deeply feeling the pain surge through his body from not only the grab but from the pain in his forearm. Zen, adjusted his figure and locked his forearm pulling against Bradley until his arm was as tight as he could before rotating the arm where his elbow was digging part of his bone into Bradley's stomach while his thumb pushed into his collar bone. If done right he would at least get Bradley to loosen up his grip enough to where he would be able to slip out. Down side to this move, it would also send the pain through his arm as well so being a double edged sword it would hopefully work to his advantage.

Bradley winced as Zen tried his maneuver. It was getting hard to hold him. "Zen, why won't you just tap out? I don't want to hurt you!" Brad would say as he shifted his grop to hold Zen by the wrist as he brought his legs in. Brad would brace his feet against the side of Zen's neck, an his rib cage, then, with great force, attept to explosively straighten his leg. This would put a lot of pressure on Zen's joints and stretch his arm out, likely dislocating it. When finally he could no longer hold onto Zen, he would backwards roll onto his feet and reform his guard. "But I will if I have to."

Zen could feel the bones in his arm and shoulders stretching the strain being placed upon his arms. The pain grew and clearly he felt the bone popping from being stretched. It didn't occur to him how much trouble he was in until after the cold burning sensation of his muscle tearing. He nearly choked at the feeling of a shoe against his throat. It was nothing to the pain in his arm. Not to mention the pain in his side from the other foot. Zen refused to tap out tho. He would hate himself if he gave up.

He Closed his eyes and took deep breathes as he was taught when he was younger hopefully easing the pain some but it did little good. The pain still surged through his arm.Just when he thought about giving in Brad had released his arm and rolled onto his feet. Zen closed his eyes tightly and rolled over away pushing his self to his feet stumbling for a moment before adjusting his body. The pain was unbelievable in his right shoulder but he had no plans on giving up yet. Panting heavily, Zen gave a gentle laugh. "Tap out? Give in? What kind of world do you live in Ashley? Hell I'm just getting started." He brought his hand up and motioned for his opponent to come towards him. He felt sore and tired but if it meant giving up he wasn't ready to do it. Only way he felt giving in was an option is if his legs were out. He still had three good limbs to fight with."Zen..."

Bradley looks down, then looks back at Zen. "If this is what you want, then I will oblidge!" Bradley would quickly advance while keeping his guard up. He would launch several offensives to test Zen's guard and tire him out, always from the side of his injured arm, which would force Zen to work harder. He would then rear up for a fouette kick as he had, exactly in the beginning. But this time, instead of going high, for his face, he went mid, aiming for his injured arm. After recoiling back, he would quickly close the distance, and do something that one would not expect in a martial arts duel. He would attempt to box Zen's ears, which would disorient him further. That done, he would keep his hands on the side of Zen's hed, and pull it down while raising his knee to smash his knee into Zen's nose.

Zen shrugged shaking his head. "Heh, you don't understand what losing really means if you would give up so easily. He quickly began watching Bradley's movements activating his ability once again copying the punches swinging his left fist directly towards his side he shifted his body to compensate with the punches leaning towards Brad with his left side his punches seemed to slow with each time he copied the move he remained to keep his eyes in focus with Brad's eyes. Then the kick came. This threw him off guards and instead of dodging he shifted his body to his right where the kick struck his chest sending him stumbling back. He was then caught off guard by the feeling of his ears being hit then the knee smashing into his nose. Feeling this he stumbled back swaying a bit from the feeling dizzy headed now. He tried to shake the feeling off and looked to Brad who looked as if he doubled. He focused on Brad trying to figure out which one was real and which one was just his eyes messing with him. He waited for his next move and knew within the next minute or two. And with that he also knew he was at a loss.

Brad grits his teeth. "Zen, you're too stubborn for your own good. You think I do not understand what it means to lose, but you're wrong." Brad began running toward Zen. "It is you who doesn't know that discretion is the better part of valour!" As he approached, Brad would jump int the air an drop-kick Zen.

He smiled when he spoke shrugging. "Well Ashley, It seems we have some different thought in losing." When Bradley rushed Zen he tried his best to focus on the correct one, or rather the one in the middle. But before he could react it seemed to be too late. Just when he thought he had a counter or some way to block Bradley Jumped high and brought his leg down to Zen, Him not wanting to give in without all he could do he took his left arm brought it out wide and took a left hook straight towards Bradley striking him in the stomach when the leg was brought down onto his shoulder causing his figure to cripple and fall onto his back nearly shouting in pain. His should was likely dislocated now and in sheer pain. This time when he went down he found it best not to get up and finish this fight. He had lost at the end of this fight and let it come to a close.

Bradley once more stood up, and walked over to the downed Zen. He had mixed emotions. Sure, he had won the fight, but he had seriously injured one of his few friends on the island. He barely realized that the referee had declared him the victor. Squatting down, he would pick Zen up, cradling him in his arms, and carrying him to the waiting paramedics. When asked if he needed help, Brad replied "He ain't heavy, he's my friend."

LStorm-Greased Copost Fight, Round 2!

The Dojo Grounds were located inside a relatively small building built very similar to a karate dojo. When not being used for a fight, many students came here for the relative solitude to practice their fighting skills in peace. Today, only a few students had been milling about within, and they had been informed that they would need to move to the seating area for a while. The two brothers had arrived first and were waiting inside as Junkiro and Gerald approached the building. Standing outside was a friendly-looking teacher wearing a gi and a black belt from karate. He smiled down at the two. "You're the challengers in the fight, right guys? Come right in, they're waiting for you." He guided them inside, to a relatively small, yet still comfortably sized arena. The brothers, wearing cocky grins, awaited in the center of the arena.

"So, you actually showed up, eh? Well, we're gonna make ya regret it!"

"Y-you know that we can still forfeit, right?" asked Gerald in hopes of convincing his so-called friend to give this up. This was crazy! But he was not going to abandon a student to a two-on-one fight, because that would be just asking for even more trouble than he was already in... Though he was not sure which would be the worst: To face the revenge of these two, or to suffer at the hands of his recently met acquaintance. True, two people would be harder to evade, but the rage of a single person was nothing to scoff at. So reluctantly, Gerald looked up at Junkiro for a second before he averted his eyes once again and focused on the inside of the dojo, still thinking that this was the stupidest thing since a four-year-old angered a spanish bull.

If this kid told him to forfeit one more time, Jun swore he was going to punch him right between the eyes. His defeatist attitude was really starting to grate on his nerves, and he wasn't sure he could handle much more of it. But at least he wasn't running away. Jun was glad Gerald could at least find the balls to stand and fight, rather than flee like a coward. He stared down his opponents, a smile on his face.

"The only way you could make me regret this is if you lose too fast!" Junkiro said confidently at his opponents. He was sure he could win...especially if Gerald ended up pulling his weight. But that was a particularly big IF.

The judge stood in the middle of the arena now, between the two pairs of combatants. He nodded at both sides, before raising his arm in the air. The five students who had been practicing at the time sat in a row of seats put together along the back wall, watching with interest.

"This fight is a two-on-two match. Junkiro Iwazuma, D2, and Gerald Berry, D3, square off against Matt Elspeth, D1, and Brett Elspeth, C2, in combat. Both sides, fight fair, and may the best team win. Begin!" The judge brought his arm down and leaped back, and the fight began.

Of course, as soon as the ranks were announced and the fight started, Gerald found himself in the crossfire of both enemies, a foregone conclusion. The two would naturally choose to eleminate the one who was easier to knock out first, which was the very same conclusion that the boy himself arrived that as he tried to find some sort of handle in this obviously hopeless fight. From the looks of it, the two came at him with their full strength and speed too, obviously intending to get Gerald before he could even do anything. Unfortunately for them, that was something that was turned against them quite literally.

In a classical, almost signature-move of aikido, Geriald shifted his balance, catching Matt's arm as he swung at him, then he spun him towards the edge of the arena... But he had miscalculated and Matt ended up flying into Brett, with predictable results.

Matt, the smaller of the two brothers, had expected Pipsqueak to just cower and run away, but not only was he standing his ground, he seemed to know his stuff. As he went flying, Brett, the burly brother, caught him, preventing any damage from being done. He set him down gently and nodded. "Stay behind me." Brett, having gotten Matt safely a foot behind him, advanced on Gerald, Matt staying in close proximity. "You should have just paid and ran away, squirt!" Brett, a kickboxer, reared back a moment before launching a sweeping kick at Gerald's midsection.

Junkiro, however, wasn't going to be left alone. Seeing Matt as an available target, he snuck behind the quarreling three, then bullrushed Matt, aiming to grab him in a tackle. Matt, unfazed, let Junkiro approach. He crouched down at the last second, drilling Jun with an uppercut in the chin. He flew back a foot or two, landing in a heap on the padded floor before standing. Well, THAT wasn't going to work....

Do not pay attention to the taunting, Gerald told himself. They were just trying to get his guard down, but this thought in itself almost made him drop his guard and he barely intercepted the kick that headed towards him, with his hand grabbin the lowest part of Brett's shin. Before the other boy could react, Gerald pushed his leg and unbalanced him, but unfortunately, this opened him to a punch now that Brett was not fighting to keep his balance. He was not quick enough to intercept it, so instead, he continued with the technique despite the pain that spread through him, attempting to push Brett to the ground, but he quickly realised that it would not be that simple, so he quickly retreated to put some distance between them.

Gerald, unfortunately, was not quick enough to outpace Brett. The boy, quickly regaining his composure, charged the backpedaling Gerald, choosing to try something different this time. He brought his knee up and faked a move to Gerald's side, then came in hard with a lefthanded haymaker. The kid was slippery, but he was an Elspeth-one punch would floor the guy.

Jun was studying his opponent now; something wasn't right here. Instead of charging him while he was down, Matt had followed Brett, right behind him but never joining the fray. And his jaw still throbbed...a D1 shouldn't be able to punch that hard. There was something fishy at work, but he wasn't exactly sure what...A frontal approach wouldn't work, and Gerald was very rapidly getting cornered. He'd have to distract them somehow...he kept pace with Matt and Brett, but did not engage just yet, trying to solidify a plan.

There had to be something that he could do, but for the moment, Gerald was forced on the defensive in a battle of endurance. His opponent was clearly strong, so he needed extra leverage out of him to make him submit and get him down on the ground, but for that, he needed to figure out how to catch him... And that, in turn, would mean he would have to watch closely, toeing the edge of danger. Still thinking that they were going to lose, but making a great effort nevertheless, it was Gerald's line of thought that accidentally saved him from falling trap to the fake attack, but in return, his technique on the fist was not that successful either. Though he managed to deflect Brett and end up at a safe distance from him, he could feel his muscles strain under the strength of the punch, then lose balance from it. Shit!

Brett laughed as his haymaker made Gerald reel; he had expected to floor the kid, but off-balance worked just fine as well. With him unable to get into position to deflect his next move, a gut shot would put him down for the count....

"URGH!"

Brett's punch connected-but not with Gerald. Junkiro stood in his way, gripping Brett's fist in his stomach like it were a lifeline. It took all his strength to fight away the stars that were trying to appear in his vision; Brett hit like a ton of bricks. And yet, this was exactly where he wanted him. As Brett tried to pull his fist away, Junkiro went with him; he had stuck like glue. "Whuh? Hey, let go of me!"

Junkiro smirked at his enemy. "Oh, I will." He swung himself up around Brett using his arm for leverage and quickly wound his arms around his waist, flipping Brett and himself back in a slam to the mat. Jun let go as Brett crumpled, having taken the shot to his head. He wasn't down yet, but he was hurting. Matt, in the meantime, had panicked. Big Bro never went down like that! He didn't have time to get back to him...instead, he used his speed, zipping around Gerald, making sure to misdirect as best he could before sliding down, hoping to sweep Gerald's legs out from under him.

Of course this was going to happen! He had underestimated his opponent, and now he paid the price for it by Junkiro getting punched in the guts and then... somehow handing Brett his own ass through a strange miracle that Gerald was not sure how to take. It was generally a bad idea to be stunned on the battlefield, but the scarred boy could not help but linger for a moment on how such a thing might be possible, so he had his feet swept from under him, another mistake that Gerald had cursed himself for. Nevertheless, not all was lost as Gerald intercepted the punch that followed the slide, then as soon as he reached the floor, he pushed on Matt's arm, using it as a lever to attempt to force his opponent onto his stomach.

The power struggle lasted for a second or two before Gerald realised that he needed to get a better grip on his opponent and as such, he pushed Matt away and retreated at the same time, having learnt from his earlier lesson.

Matt wasn't going to just let Gerald get away from him that easily! As Gerald attempted to scramble away, Matt latched onto his leg, refusing to let go. "You ain't getting away that easily, ya little freak!" Finding a more stable position, he pulled Gerald back into the fray, then leapt on him, beginning a desperate wrestling match for control of the fight. Matt wasn't about to lose to THIS little scrub!

Junkiro, meantime, had to deal with Brett standing again. After shaking any remaining wooziness from him, Brett was ready to go again; the little sticky jerk was going to pay for that last move. Jun saw the rage in his eye, and took a few steps back, a bit intimidated by the larger boy. Unfortunately, that placed him directly into the path of the two wrestling teens behind him. Junkiro tripped and landed on the floor, groaning, only to find a roaring Brett leaping atop him as the two-way struggle became four.

Before Gerald could get away, he was dragged back into the fight again by a primitive move, so he cursed himself and tried to break free of the extremely close-quarters wrestling match that he suddenly ended participating in. Unfortunately, his opponent stuck to him like glue and despite all the Aikido wisdon, he could not find a way to roll Matt away from him or overcome his strength. Despite their slight differences in rank, they could not do a lot with each other as their moves simply had no momentum or leverage, but then the fight took a turn for the worse when the pile grew.

Along with the strength of Matt's attacks. The difference was noticable even in the heat of combat and Gerald immediately noted the change. There was definitely something at work here, but what was it? Though he could not find the answer right now as he was too busy trying to defend himself and keeping Matt away from Junkiro with series after series of redirections, a part of his mind was working on the problem. Which was why he slipped during one of his forms and got slammed in the face hard with a fist.

Some very pretty stars were circling above Gerald's head and he vaguely recognised another attack coming towards him, so he ducked. Matt, who was used to Gerald trying to catch his arm and redirect his attacks, was too surprised to retract his punch in time and despite his best intentions, he landed a hit on Brett's arm. In the meantime, Gerald was trying to set his head straight with little success.

Junkiro was lost in the mass of bodies for a time, but after Gerald took a few hits, the two broke free. Brett, however, was having a rough time of it. So many hits were landing everywhere that he wasn't sure what was going on where. He wasn't sure how to fight in this strange, close quarter; Junkiro didn't seem to be having too much a problem. In fact, he seemed to be all over. The more Brett touched him, the more stuck he seemed to get. What in the world was this kid's deal?

Jun was having a much easier time than before, now that Brett had lost the advantage of planting his feet. Here on the ground, his stickiness was proving useful; he continually stuck to Brett, hindering his movements as much as possible. Even with his increased strength, Brett was finding it hard to do much at all. As Junkiro tumbled around on the floor with him, he suddenly flipped, leaving Brett on his back and pinning him to the ground as best he could, yanking both his arms straight back hard to restrain him. Brett wasn't giving up without a fight; with his increased strength, he was giving even his stickiness a run for its money. He got stronger when Matt was around....

Thinking quickly, Jun yelled over to Gerald. "Get Matt away from me and take him down, now, please!"

Somehow, Junkiro's message reached Gerald as he fought against the little stars circling around his head, just in time to recieve another punch that he could barely block. Matt was so freakishly strong! But he had to get away from here somehow, or else he would be a failure as a team-mate, and they would lose the match. What could he do? What could he do? Another attack was quickly blocked as Gerald tried to use his remaining brainpower to get something to latch onto until he decided to do something unorthodox. His hands were starting to hurt and those two punches pummeled through his defences regardless of his successful block, so he had to do this quickly or he would get completely destroyed.

Gerald chose to dodge the next attack again, then he rolled away, only to grab Matt's feet and push upwards, taking the other boy completely by surprise and by the time Matt could react, Gerald was on him and practically rolled him along. Of course, his opponent put his hands down to stop himself from rolling away, then attempted to kick Gerald with his feet, but the scarred boy used Matt's own strength against him and pushed him sideways, even further away from Brett and Jun. Though the distance only increased by a metre or two, Gerald was now focused on keeping Matt away from the fight and he would not let him get closer to the other sibling.

Right around the three meter mark, Brett's struggles suddenly lost a lot of their bite, and Junkiro found it much easier to stick to him and the ground. So his idea had been right after all...no time to muse on that now, though. Pulling harder, he pulled Brett's arms back to his feet, hearing a pleasant series of grunts and groans as his spine bent quite uncomfortably. Junkiro merely responded to his opponent's pain with some tutting.

"Aww, you are in the pain? Well, if you want it to stop, I'd kindly recommend...tapping out." This last part he whispered in Brett's ear.

Matt gaped at his big brother being tied up like a knot, watching him fight a losing battle. What was going on here? A couple of losers taking on them-and win? It was inconceivable! They couldn't give up yet! But before he could give his brother aid, there was the obnoxious matter of the scarred boy. Matt scrambled to his feet, cocking a grin as he stared his enemy down.

"You've been redirecting my shit all day today, and I'm not about to let that happen again. Come at me, ya asshole!"

Unfortunately for Matt, Gerald knew better than to be provoked into attacking a foe. Or maybe it was that he lacked the guts to go on the offensive, but either way, he was not going on the offensive at all. Instead, he was focused on his opponent to see what sort of moves he would be making, much to Matt's anger and confusion.

"Come at me!" said Matt again, with a flash of anger in his eyes, but there was no reaction from the scarred boy. "You pansy! You don't even know how to attack!" Again, there was no response at all from Gerald. It was as if the scarred boy had not even heard the insults, but in reality, he was prepared to bear much worse than what was thrown at him. His past had taught him how to withstand a storm of insults much worse than that without reacting too much, so he was not going to give in to his opponent this easily, whose clock was ticking. Judging from the sounds coming from behind Gerald, Junkiro was winning and it was only a matter of time before his team-mate overpowered Brett.

Obviously, this stand-off could not continue, so Matt ground his teeth until he finally lost his patience and made a feint attack, only to dodge to the side to try and close the distance between him and his brother. But even though Gerald fell for the mock attack again, he was quick enough to reach Matt, then use the other boy's momentum to land him even further away from Brett, then he pressed on, pushing Matt to the floor with all his strength.

With Brett and Matt separated, and Brett quickly getting more and more uncomfortable to the point of intolerable pain, he knew things weren't getting any better. They had bitten off more than they could chew against these two kids; they certainly were tougher than they looked. Brett fought against Junkiro's adhesion a minute longer, but soon struggled no more.

"Fine...I submit. Let me go."

"That's what I wanted to hear!" Junkiro let out a sigh and released Brett, his limbs flopping on the ground as he rolled over in relief. Matt, seeing this, panicked briefly. While he COULD overpower Gerald, two-on-one was hopeless. With that, he scrambled free of Gerald's push, and held up his hands.

"Whoa, whoa, I surrender, I surrender, okay? Yeesh, you guys are annoying! Nobody beats our bond.." Matt looked down at his feet despondently, then rushed over to the still sore Brett, helping him struggle to his feet and work the kinks out. The judge, glad to see a civil end to the fight, raised his arm.

"The winners are Gerald Berry and Junkiro Iwazuma!"

The following is a co-post between Beta (Shotaro) and Cheselth (Diana)

Diana waved her tail as Zen took off to go and change and looked at the arena. She was actually pretty curious as to who would win, what with Zen somehow knowing what she would do last time they fought. Though... She had never seen Brad fight so he may have the upper hand for all she knows. She placed two fingers on her chin and closed her eyes, seeming to be quite deep in thought as she would try to think about Brad's style... Diana knew she wouldn't know for sure until the fight started but it was fun for her to guess what it was before receiving the information later.

Shotaro knew almost immediately who would win when he saw the rankings on the arena's ticker. "Bradley Johnson - C3 - Barititsu - Versus - Zen Akero - D3 - Gwonbeop" moved across the light-board a couple times a minute until the fight started. "I give the Korean two minutes, tops. Boxing against a defensive style? Sh'yeah, good luck." said the senior as he leaned against the railing that overlooked the arena floor. To be fair, he HAD predicted outcomes wrong in the past... but not when there was such a glaring difference between two particular fighters.

"Who you got your money on, little kitty?" he asked to the rather small parahuman girl he had ended up next to amidst the shuffling and movements of the small crowd that had gathered to watch freshmen kick each others asses. "Mine is on the kid in the suit. That Korean kid has no chance in hell." Blunt as always, of course. Not once did he even consider she might be friends with "that Korean kid". Still, he was having fun. And that was all that really mattered to him at the moment.

Diana was snapped out of thought when she noticed that someone was talking, though it didn't seem to be to her at the time. She kind of shot a glare the person's way before realizing who was the one talking. Why was he here? It's not like there wasn't a bunch of other kids fighting or anything... She looked back to the arena just when he had asked her a question, which made her more than slightly annoyed. "I don't have money on either of them. Whoever wins, wins. I'm not going to bet on anyone."Her tone hinted at the frustration she felt toward the question, but she did well to mask the general disdain she felt that the older student had even asked it at all.

"Its just a figure of speech, kid. Betting is against the rules here. I'm not about to go to the DH just for a wager. Was just asking who you think is gonna frigging win. Fuck." Clearly Shotaro was a bit put off by the freshman's response. Ordinarily, he'd probably let her know to show a little respect... primarily to keep up appearances and maintain the status quo... but not today. He was relaxing today. Right now he wasn't Shotaro of the Imperius Gloria. Right now he was just himself. "Sorry I even asked. Damn." And so he returned his attention to the fight that was about to commence.

Diana simply huffed at his response and turned towards the spar that was about to begin and began taking note of the stances. She grabbed her own tail as not to annoy anyone around her with it and narrowed her eyes. "Hopefully they don't get too awfully hurt." She muttered to no one in particular as she reached into her pocket and pulled out a small notebook along with an exceptionally small pencil that looked to have been used for so long that barely any pencil was remaining. She opened the book and began writing things down while spectating everything happening.

Shotaro had opened his phone and was dialing a number he knew all to well. The direct line to Doctor Hitzman, a physician at New Peaks Hospital. "Hello? Hey there Doctor Hitzman. Yeah, just letting you know you should probably send a couple people to the Central Gardens Arena. Got a low-rank boxer versus a mid-rank scrapper. Nah, shouldn't be THAT bad. Ok, cool. Thanks." It was during this call that the fight officially began and the two freshman began to exchange blows. The parahuman girl eyed them intensely as she jotted down notes. Wait. Notes? Huh.

"Bookworm, huh?" said Shotaro to the girl who had spurned his apology mere moments ago. "You should talk to my buddy, Elias. He's a bookworm, too. He could get you into the Hijos faction pretty quickly. I bet you'd like it there. They have a great library, too. It overlooks the ocean. Great view." At this point, Shotaro wasn't even watching the fight. He already knew what the end result would be. Still, it felt nice to shirk his duties and responsibilities now and then.

She perked her ears up to the conversation Shotaro was having on the phone and grimmaced slightly. There is a possibility someone could actually get really hurt, but Zen and Brad? She highly doubted that they would be too harsh to the other. They WERE sorta friends, from what she could tell anyways. Then she was spoken to again. She looked up from both the fight and her notes and looked at the taller boy. She blinked in confusion. Wasn't this guy supposed to be one of those people that's just a total asshole? But she listened to him anyways, a subtle smile sneaking its way onto her face as he talked about the faction. It seemed pretty nice to her and it even sounded like it was for the richer kids. She wondered what it would be like over there and thought for a moment.

"That sounds nice. Thank you." She gave him a friendly smile, still slightly unsure if he was tricking her into something or actually being kind to her. But what was keeping her stuck on being confused was the fact he was even standing next to a parahuman. Didn't everyone hate them? What about Shotaro, didn't he just hate a lot of the other kids in school? So many questions sped through her mind but she eventually shook her head and went back to taking her notes.

About thirty seconds after the brief conversation, one of the two boys in the arena yelled out in pain. Shotaro turned his head slightly and saw the Korean boy was in a particularly nasty armbar. "Well. There's the fight. Even if he gets ou-" Just then, the boy in the suit seemed to let his opponent go. Shotaro couldn't help himself from yelling out. "You dipshit! Break his arm!" The two ten seemed to have a little dialogue before getting into kicking the hell out of each other again. Thinking out loud, Shotaro said "The hell. They pals or something? That's so stupid. Why not just end the fight or quit before you get ruined?"

The judge of this fight was Ms. Anna Jacobson, the World History teacher and a master of Ba Ji Quan. She was also known for letting fights go on for longer than was really necessary. When Zen's arm was all but disabled, most judges would end the fight to stop further injuries from occurring. Not Anna. If someone's life wasn't potentially in danger, she rarely stopped combat. She looked on with a dispassionate gaze as the two boys talked back and forth. Shotaro liked her as a judge. He got to go at his opponents harder than usual when she judged. But anyway, he had just been pretty rude to the girl he was talking to. "Oh. Yeah, no prob. They're always looking for members, what with this being a FIGHT school and not too many bookish types in attendance."

She stopped writing when she heard the cry of pain and paid full attention. "Oh dear..." Was all she murmured to herself but gave a quiet sigh of relief when Brad decided to let go of him, only for her ears to fold back in annoyance when Shotaro yelled out to them. She wasn't about to say anything to him, however. She knew that if she got onto his bad side, she would have to pay for it later... Or at least from what she gathered from everyone else. She bookmarked her spot with the puny pencil and stuck the book back into her pocket, where it fit perfectly. "Ah, well... " She began to respond to him, "I only really read up on techniques for fighting. It's just a faster way to learn in my opinion." She placed her hands on the railing, letting her tail go and it immidiately waving around behind her. "What about you?"

Odd that of all the people to ask Shotaro about himself, it was a parahuman freshman bound for the Hijos faction. "Isn't it obvious? Best way to learn for me is from experience. Still, even if you just read a lot of books about combat and different styles, Hijos is more your style. Glorias are all about trial by fire, so to speak. Could try the Janissaries, but they're too focused on everyone getting along to get anything done. And don't get me started on the Khuzos." Shotaro thought the Khuzos were all a bunch of overly-fancy fru-fru twits who would rather practice dance moves and katas than actually apply them. "Why do you ask?"

In the midst of their conversation, the fight had ended. As expected, the well-dressed boy had emerged victorious. Luckily Doctor Hitzman's guys had arrived a moment before the decision was handed down. Almost immediately, they moved to begin treating the Korean boy's damaged arm. The fact that the winner had helped carry the loser to the doctors cemented the fact they were friends into Shotaro's mind. Regardless, this was at least an interesting diversion from his normal routine.

She had been watching the fight, but she nodded her head to let him know she was actually listening to what he had to say. Hearing about all these factions... She knew there had to be some of them in order to teach kids at their own pace but she hadn't even heard of the ones he spoke about. Of course that was excluding Gloria, she was sure everyone had to have heard about them on their first day, if not then it would be the second day. "Oh... You know, just curious. Though Gloria sounds like they make it hard on others to fight." She rubbed the back of her head and thought back on the fight that Shotaro had with the other kid, Junkiro.

She saw that Brad had energed victorious when she snapped out of thought and sighed, hoping they were both okay. She then noticed the medical personnel after watching Brad move towards them with Zen in his arms. "Oh" Diana started as she looked back at Shotaro. "Why'd you call up the doctors before hand?"

"Oh we do. Make no mistakes there. But that's also why we have a reputation for churning out the BEST fighters." Shotaro's face was almost beaming with pride as he spoke of the faction he lead. But then the girl asked an obvious question. Before he answered, Shotaro asked a question of his own. "What was your name, again? To talk to someone for this long and not know their name made him uncomfortable. She simply responded with, "Diana."

"Diana, huh? Well, I called them for two reasons. Reason one: When you've seen and been in as many fights as I have, you get a good sense of what is about to happen to people." After over one hundred and fifty fights in three years, Shotaro wasn't bluffing. That kind of experience weighs on a person's ability to judge outcomes. "Reason two: This is a SCHOOL, not a Brazilian Vale Tudo arena. We're here to fight, learn, and improve... not cripple each other permanently." With that said, Shotaro turned and began to leave the bleachers. "Anyway. Later."

When she thought about it, it WAS kind of a silly question. After all, why WOULDN'T someone want a few doctors on standby in case the worst happened. She rubbed the back of her head again, this time in embarrassment. "Heh... Right." She looked around and began to notice that people were starting to leave rather than stick around much longer. She figured she would stay just to be sure her friends were not too badly harmed during the match between the two. Then she looked at Shotaro, who seemed to be leaving now. "Before you go..." She tried to grab at his attention. "Do you think you could give me some pointers for fighting some time? Since, you know, you're more experienced than me."

Diana asked one last question before Shotaro left. Pointers? Like... fight training? Probably not a good idea, so he decided to let her down gently. "I can't, really. One, I usually charge for that. Two, I can guarantee I'd be way too rough and you'd probably want to leave the school. Ask Elias when you get accepted into the Hijos. I'll tell him to hook you up." Better to give something than nothing, right? Elias was a third-year student with a B1-Rank. He was more than qualified to help freshman out. His peace said, Shotaro waved goodbye before heading back to Imperius Hall to end his night with some weight training.

Diana shrugged, only a hint of dissapointment in her facial expression. "Oh, well that's okay." She smiled and waved back before turning around and awaiting her pals' arrival. She once again got lost in her own thoughts as she remembered the earlier fight. The stances used by Zen were easily outclassed by Brad's fighting style... She would need to fight him herself some time in order to be able to get a good read on what he does in which situations during combat with another student.

Siel had said his goodbyes to his friend Jiro long before. He had the chance to do more stuff before the day was out and there was one thing he wanted to do. He made his way down the sidewalk; he was now passing by the Electives Building. To keep himself occupied on the walk, he thought over the fight he had today. "I... I need to train. I barely managed to win that fight. The deciding factor was James' arrogance and rage. Not my martial arts skill. And speaking of my skill.... no matter what I tell myself, what I did in the end was not the taekkyeon I was taught. It had the same strikes but the movement... the feeling... the flow..." Siel's right hand tightened into a fist inside his pocket. "Babo!" Siel held taekkyeon as valuable as he held his own life and when he saw himself throwing away a part of it, it took a toll on him. After all, Siel took pride in his technique in taekkyeon, not the power or speed. The rest of his walk was him thinking to himself, constantly going up and down about his actions in the fight. He managed to end the thoughts on a good note, "I just need to train some more..." being his conclusion, and had arrived to his destination. It was the top right corner of the intersection between Imperius Hall and Plaza D.

Siel stared across the way at Imperius Hall. "It seems that one guy isn't outside. And I'm not going to just go up and knock on the door... yet." Siel sighed then looked to the sky, noticing the sun was going down. "It's also getting pretty late now. I should go grab some food then head back to the dorms..." Siel turned towards the direction the Male Dorms were in and headed off. His mind was beginning to drift off on what he was going to do the next day... or rather, the next month. He had a lot of things to and very little time to perform it all. But for now, he was going to enjoy his free time. "Arirang, arirang, arariyo~..." Siel sang on his way to his current 'home'.

Eden, chest bound, wearing only a cheap hakama over her shoulders and some gym shorts, sat quietly on the edge of a fairly small arena, the dojo grounds. She had gone back to her dorm from the library earlier on to drop off her books and bags, as well as get a change of clothes, but Eden was in for a detour.

"...Junkiro Iwazuma, D2, and Gerald Berry, D3, square off against Matt Elspeth, D1, and Brett Elspeth, C2..."[btn=moda|https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_I8IItVQT4]Music[/btn]

Eden was here to watch, to learn. She had passed a challenge on her way to the dorms after her study time earlier, Picking out one of two upcoming fights, Eden opted for the four man fight. More participants, more information. She eyed the four patiently, blinking as little as possible, within reason. The fight began and Eden's eyes almost visibly widened. The twins lunged for the smaller boy, targeting by rank, a stupid tactic, but given the situation, the only one. Typically, the boy countered and made an extremely rough throw.

Eden's brain began to go into overdrive, taking in every footstep and the movement of every finger. Her eyes darted to microscopic points in the fight; Hands, feet, their eyes, any muscle not covered by clothes. This was her method, this was Eden's tactic. So long as she watched, she could learn everything there was to know about a fighter before ever facing them.

The second of the underdog team seemed to have realized he had an opening, displaying absolute brutishness by directly tackling the larger of the twins. Needless to say, the much more skilled Brett countered perfectly, even amidst the quagmire between the other two participants. Eden tracked Junkiro specifically as he did this, noting consciously his obvious tactical knowledge, despite being 'Less than Jake' when it came to actual physical combat.

"This fight is one-sided..."

Eden muttered under her breath, watching the Elspeth's beat down on Gerald and Junkiro like they were punching bags. Rather, she watched Brett treat them like punching bags. The younger Elspeth was simply backpacking his elder like a man with a meatshield. Eden watched as Junkiro realized that the fight was two against one, gaining the advantage and using teamwork to beat teamwork. In an even fight like that, strategy wins out, even when one side is stronger, team fights are all about working together.

"The winners are Gerald Berry and Junkiro Iwazuma!"

Eden stayed on the floor of the Dojo, back hugged against the wall, watching the participants and judge leave, making mental notes about visible injuries. Once everyone had left, Eden laid down on the side of the dojo, cradling her head in her hands, looking up at the dim lights above her. Her eyes fluttered slightly and shapes began to deform themselves before her eyes.

'A quick nap wouldn't hurt...'

Company: Junkiro, Gerald, Elspeth Brothers
Mood: Concentrated, observant.

How in the name of everything that was holy and sacred did they win? That was the first thought that had entered Gerald's mind as he let go of Matt, then he collapsed onto his knees, both from the pain and the fatigue. He was sore all over the place, not to mention there were several aches all in some of his bones, which did not mean anything good for his upcoming days. With the adrenaline gone, his head was not quite right either, though he did not know if he was just still stunned from the punch that he took or if he somehow managed to get a minor concussion. Right now, he was just glad that they managed to somehow overcome their opponents despite his injuries, but the gratitude only lasted for a second or two before Gerald realised this meant that these two would be out to get them again.

Why did he listen to Junkiro in the first place? Oh, right, because he did not want to abandon someone else and incite their wrath as well, but he still got two vicious enemies from this fight. Groaning in a mixture of pain and despair, he figured that he should be heading to the nurse's office before he had any chance to be attacked again... But he was too tired. Way too tired. With the adrenaline leaving his body, he felt like a heap of jelly and bones glued together, but somehow still retaining human form. Damn it. This is why he did not like to fight! He would just get bruised, beaten, then feel exhausted for several days without an end. Curse this stupid school! Curse his parents! Curse Junkiro! Curse himself for accepting this challenge!

Clearly, he would have to apologise to these two after the fight and somehow convince them that he is not worthy of being pursued or fought or else he could see his life turning into a living hell. How he would accomplish that, he did not know, though and he did not have the energy to think, either. He would come up with something a little bit later, but the sooner the better.

Somehow, Hikaru felt herself slowly becoming transfixed towards the direction of the movie screen and away from Shotaro. Despite being stupid...it was actually more entertaining than she thought it would be! She never saw too many movies growing up, but perhaps she should catch up on more of them now that she was more well off financially, therefore not having to spend the time that should be devoted to having fun with cramming in extra part time work. By the time of the credit's roll she had chomped down the last bits of her chocolate bar, glad she had taken this little diversion out of her schedule. Oh wait...that's not why she came here at all! She sprung up onto her bare feet, eyes darting around to try and catch sight of her target, but he had already disappeared, possibly even had walked right past her while she was lost daydreaming.

After flinging her geta haphazardly into her bag she rushed out of the room, asking random students which way he had gone, divulging information to her that he had looked at the fight board and then headed off towards the location of the match between Bradley Johnson and Zen Akero. Bingo. The match would give her plenty time to catch up before he would disappear again, and this time she wouldn't make the same mistake and let him slip through her fingers.

As she reached the battlegrounds she recognized one of the combatants as the boy sitting next to her at the movie theatre but rushing off before it was over. That explained it. Turning her attention from him, she scanned throuh the crowd and found Shataro just as he was walking away from an adorable looking, albeit troubled, catgirl.

"Hey you!" She shouted the young man's way, intercepting him before he could get wherever it was that he was now going. The others would hear her too but she didn't care much if she drew a crowd. She realized that she was being impolite, but it would be kind of hard to be nice in such a circumstance. Plus she needed to get his attention anyways, so there were few polite ways to go about doing that. Within around ten seconds she managed to close the distance, coming to a stop in her sprint around six feet away, her kendo bag thumping against her back one last time before coming to a stop with her.

"Do you remember a boy named Akio Tsukuda from last year?" She questioned, eying him intently.

Junkiro, upon hearing the verdict, sank to his knees in pain and exhaustion. Adrenaline had been all that was keeping him up at the end; his jaw still throbbed painfully from Matt's uppercut, and his stomach was quite reminiscent of Shotaro's beatdown to start the school year. And he knew for a fact that the Glorias weren't going to give him a break for injury; they never had until he had all but passed out.

And yet, they had won. He had managed to beat a couple bullies and stop them from hurting him or Gerald, which brought a smile to his face. But his work wasn't finished quite yet. Fighting his way to his feet again, he fought off a wave of nausea and made his way to the judge, tugging on his sleeve, which brought the man's attention.

"I thought you might have wished to know...the reason this fight had proceeded." Junkiro spat a clod of blood on the ground, presumably from him biting his tongue hard at some point during the fight. "These two...tried to embezzle me and my friend and attempted to rob us of our money. Thought that might be knowledge you would want to be hearing." The judge half-turned his head back at the Elspeths, who were busy reconciling from pain and loss, and scowled. "Thank you for the information, Junkiro. I'll make sure they are dealt with. Make sure you two visit the nurse before you go back to your dorms, and relax-I'd say you two earned it after that scrap."

Junkiro nodded and gave the man his thanks, then wandered over to Gerald, who looked to be a bit in pain as well. Through the agony, Junkiro flashed him a winning smile. "I told you we could be victors, Gerald! I also turned them in to the judge, so their miscreant ways will come to an end as well!" He beamed proudly before letting out a tremendous groan. "Urgh...I think we ought to make a trip to Nurse Stritch's before we head back. I can walk, can you?" He couldn't walk FAST, but that was beyond the point. Something in his chest was aching something fierce as well; a cracked rib?

As the weeks passed by, Axel executed his plans to fly underneath the radar nigh seamlessly, at least so far, only participating in eight official matches with a record of 6 and 2. No matter how well one thinks a plan through, there's always the ever-looming possibility of a hitch leading to the plan's collapse. Although, he honestly didn't care too awful much about this plan. Yes, it created the most preferable circumstances and climate for him, but it was far from a necessity to Axel.

Although several different people were able to identify him from his appearances in International Unifight competition, he didn't really make many "friends" so far in his time at New Peaks, given his typically serious and silent personality, as well as his possibly excessive training habits.

Each morning, Axel wakes up early before school and runs down to the Keysi Track and Field Complex, where he stretches and then runs five kilometers around the track without rest before heading back to the dormitories in time to get ready for school and fix himself breakfast. Once he finishes his classes, Axel goes to the weight room for some strength training, which has so far allowed him to bulk up quite a bit since his arrival at New Peaks. Once he finishes pumping iron, equips weighted gloves, as well as ankle weights before practicing the striking moves that have been adapted into the German style of Ju-Jutsu from other martial arts. After about twenty minutes of striking a punching bag with the added weight on his limbs, he removes the weights and resumes striking the bag until he completely winds himself.With how strenuous and and constant this training is, Axel's knuckles would wear to the point of bleeding, making it necessary for him to have his hands and wrists bandaged every day, becoming a force of habit. After that, he would return to the boy's dorm to study and make himself a large meal.

On the weekends he practices the more traditional Jiu-Jitsu techniques involved in German Ju-Jutsu, grappling techniques in particular, sparring with practitioners of other forms of Jiu-Jitsu. Once his Ju-Jutsu instruction and practice is done, Axel uses recreational sport to work out, most often being basketball or swimming, but occasionally including other sports.

In the first eight weeks of school, Axel had also learned of the schools faction system outside of Imperius Gloria through some information gathering he did. he discerned the four factions and their Ethos, of which none gave him the urge to join. While he did not wish to join any of the factions yet, he felt that if it came down to it, he would have to pick Imperius Gloria, since it was the faction most aligned with his own personal goals and even though they're a bit flashier than he would like, but he would have to see more before completely finalizing that decision. In the mean time, Axel was able to enjoy watching the fights that he did manage to see, mainly those of elite fighters and other promising fighters in his grade. He greatly enjoyed the fight that he had just watched and was now walking back to the boy's dormitories from. It had been a 2v2 fight that Junkiro, someone Axel might be able to call a friend, had fought in. It was a thoroughly enjoyable fight from start to finish, given that it was two-on-two, it had almost felt like a whole different ballgame. Axel walked down the street rather leisurely, deciding stop and sit for a bit on the side of the street in order to think about the match he had just watched, with as entertaining as it was, as well as any useful information he might have gathered from it.

Last edited:
The Following is a Collaborative post between myself and Beta
With soft footsteps, Elena crept up on Vincento as he was busy warming up. She placed a single hand on her hips and smiled at him, looking his physique up and down before letting off a loud whistle. "Nice rack there, Victoria," Elena chuckled. "You must be pretty popular with all the gentlemen." After giving a wink in jest, the Brazilian jokester climbed up onto the side of the ring and leaned against its ropes. "Ready to dance, pretty lady?"

Elena went throught the trouble of being sneaky and getting the drop on him... for a bout of cat-calling? Davvero, Elena? Really? If you're going to poke fun, at least use the right girl's name to call me by." But then, the backhanded compliment DID have the intended effect. "Si. I am popular with the men as much as the ladies." Not really... Vince was only fifteen and barely knew how to handle a proper relationship. But that didn't stop him from talking big.

"I suppose we should. No time like the present, yes?" Of course, he had ceased his warm-up since Elena's arrival. Though now that he was shirtless it became even more apparent he was not in the best of conditions. A few large bruises had formed on his midsection, resulting from Dan's heavy kicks. Some redness remained at the base of his neck from a chokehold, and he was already sweating: a clear sign of discomfort. Despite that, he seemed raring to go.

"No time like the present. I couldn't agree more." Elena hopped into the ring and began to approach Vincento. Then she took notice of his bruises. "But you don't exactly look like you're in tip-top shape there." With a frown, Elena looked around some before going off to one corner of the ring and retrieving a wooden stool. "Here," she said before slapping her hand down against the surface of the seat, "...have yourself a seat and I'll see what I can do to fix you up before we begin."

"Torofeci, Elena. If I can't take this, then how can I ever hope to fight on a higher level? I'm sure your new friends at the Gloria house have dealt with worse and can GIVE worse. So let's do this now, not later. Capisce?" Said the young Italian in a rather stern voice. Simultaneously, he stepped into his fighting stance and stared Elena down. Vincento KNEW he couldn't win as he was now... but the point of this was to push as hard as he could, find out where he was going wrong, how to improve, and so on. It was training. He had asked Elena to be his training partner, not his nurse.

Elena felt somewhat frozen, momentarily surprised by Vince's refusal for treatment. Still, when he spoke, there was an urgency in his voice and a fire in his eyes. She immediately could tell that what he wanted was to push himself. To risk it all for the sake of accomplishing greatness even. She admired that. So, with a smirk, she would oblige. "Very well then. Capisce, it is." With a few steps forward, the Brazilian beauty bent her neck in one direction until it made a popping sound. She took no visible fighting stance, simply letting her arms hang at both sides, fairly relaxed. "Come at me, handsome."

Making no aggressive move? A defensive fighter, then. That would post an issue, as Hapkido was also more defensive than offensive. Still, Vince could improvise thanks to his special ability. Switching his stance slighty and hopping on the balls of his feet every nor and then, Vince now seemed more like a kickboxer or Muay Thai fighter than a practitioner of Hapkido. "Of course." was all he said before springing forward and going for a knee to Elena's chest. A very damaging move if it connects, it was also a brazen attack with more than a few openings.

Elena turned sideways as Vincento lunged forward, the side of her chest shielded by an arm extended just a few inches in front of her. His knee would fall into the clutches of her palm instead. But this wasn't where Elena was planning on punishing Vincento for such a not-so-well thought out attack. As her body turned sideways and bent backward, a swift leg came up to deliver a kick that would meet Vincento directly in the center of his abdomen. This move was usually enough to knock the wind out of a lunging aggressor, but Elena's opponent was aiming to push himself. He'd get his wish.

As he expected, the knee had been easy enough to dodge. But he had overthought his attack, expecting Elena to simply evade and back away. He figured she'd have seen the highly-telegraphed attack as a trap... but she'd countered rather than simply dodged. A pained grunt was forced from Vincento's throat as Elena kicked him right in the liver. He dropped like a stone and immediately grabbed his stomach. "Dio Santo! Il mio fegato! Dio cano, mi fa malé!" Well, it was clear he was in pain, given his yelling and the fact he refused to let go of the spot he was just kicked.

Another duo who was sparring in the adjacent ring had stopped and was looking at Elena and Vince. One muttered "Damn, she kicked him right in the liver. That has to suck." while the other appeared to be holding back a chuckle. Had it happened to someone else, Vince might have also thought it was amusing. However, he was in a world of hurt at the moment... and was pretty incapable of laughing.

"And I thought Italians were romantics," Elena said before stepping over Vincento's body and making her way behind him, heading off to the other side of the ring. "That was only a love tap. Nothing a macho man like yourself can't handle, right?" Though she continued to joke, Elena wasn't enjoying this one bit. Back in Brazil, when she first began fighting, it was against the thuggish assholes in her neighborhood. The people that loved causing pain to others. The ones worthy of pain. That was the type of opponent Elena liked to fight, the type she felt absolutely no remorse for. Vincento was not her type of punching bag. Inside, she was hurting for her fellow student, but she'd persist... as a favor to him.

"Now," Elena began, "...are you going to get up? Or would you prefer that I come down there and peel you off the floor?" Elena's voice carried in an echo throughout the gym, the duo from earlier catching wind of her words. More chuckling ensued from their end of the arena. Elena rolled her eyes at the sound of it before slowly rearing an ugly gaze off in their direction. "You two ladies want some liver treatment too?" she asked in a rather irritable tone of voice. She'd get no answer, only two dumbfounded looks on two perspiring faces. "Thought so. Mind your own."

"Vattela a pigliare in culo, troia! ... anyone not fluent in Italian would still gather that Vincento was less than amused by Elena's response to his pain and suffering. "How can you make j-" and then it happened... vince heaved violently and brought his lunch up in the middle of the ring. "-jokes about this? If you were me and those tw-" - another heave and more vomit in the ring. By now, one of the New Peaks Staff had come to ringside to see what had happened. "-two dickheads who hurt your little friend had done this to you... would y-" another heave, but nothing came up this time.

Vince simply shook his head and didn't speak any further. It clearly hurt to even do that much. Elena shook her head at the sight of Vincento's hurling. It made her stomach churn, and the growing smell didn't help either.

"Suddenly, you want sympathy? When I offered to help you beforehand, you shrugged my invitiation off. Now you're pissed after I gave you exactly what you wanted? You wanted training, right? Well I'm giving it to you in the best way that I know how. The way that I was taught, how my father taught me. And that's getting the shit beaten out of you until you're sick of it happening."

Was Elena serious? THAT was what she thought training was? Her dad might have had good intentions, but that was just messed up."Insulso ragazza. I wanted your help with training, not with breaking my body and ruining my liver. If I wanted that, I'd work my dad's vineyard and drink all the product." He groaned in discomfort as he tried in vain to sit up, his body still wracked with pain. "Accidents happen. As fighters, we both know that. But merda, Elena... an accident is not a reason to poke fun at me. I wouldn't do that if I kicked YOU in the liver."

"Accidents? You think me kicking you in the liver was an accident?" Elena sighed to herself before continuing on. "Perhaps I should explain. My father was a former killer, a soldier in the Russian Spetsnaz. Are you familiar? I had to learn to look past pain from a very young age. Again, I was trained by a killer in the art of mercilessness. It's not pretty. In fact, it's anything but. I did that to you on purpose. It's the only sort of hard training I know, but as a person that wasn't brought up on it I should've known not to be so rough with you. That's my fault and, for that, I am sorry."

It was a shitty apology, but an apology nonetheless. Elena approached Vincento now, his aching body still on all fours, and offered him a hand up. "We need to get you medical attention. I'm not certain as to the amount of damage I caused. I don't want you passing out on me."

So she had done it on purpose? Seriously?! That was the last straw in Vincento's mind. He had to do SOMETHING to get back at her. She spoke of how her father was a killer, a soldier, a spec-ops guy from Russia. Vincento's father was no stranger to violence, as he was a mafioso. A different kind of violence, but violence nonetheless. As he was taught to get back at people when they wrong him, Vince saw his chance when Elena went to help him up...

As fast as he could manage, Vincento sent a punch right between Elena's legs. It wouldn't hurt as bad as if he hit a guy there, but it sure as hell wouldn't feel good. Whether the strike hit home or not, Vince would go on to say the following: "We're not our parents. Using them as an excuse for your actions is like blaming one dog's attack on that same dog's parents." Vince would spit onto the ring floor one more time, trying to clear the nasty taste out of his mouth as the staff member entered the ring and tried to help him up.

Caught completely off guard, Elena fell to the floor and rolled backward. "DAMMIT!" She bit her bottom lip and slapped at the ring floor, grunting loudly. "I might've deserved that," she'd admit, "...but a hit below the belt was not called for." She'd let a few more swear words rip before slowly making her way toward the end of the ring. She sat up and positioned her back against the corner, bringing her arms up and suspending them from the middle rope. Elena crossed her legs as she watched the staff member come to Vince's aid.

Vincento would blatantly ignore Elena's response and discomfort as the staffer helped him up. He knew it was a dirty move, but in his current state and previous position he'd been given little choice if he wanted to get back at her. Finally on his feet and being helped outside to await medical staff, Vincento said only three words to Elena. "Another time, then."

"Tomorrow, six p.m. We can try again then." Elena stood up and dusted herself off. After making her way outside of the ring, she turned in the direction of her dormitory and hobbled off. "That's gonna take a couple minutes to walk off," spoke Elena in a sarcastic manner, all the while huffing at the occasional stinging sensation caused by the impact of Vince's swift and precise retaliation.

Gerald just could not believe it. Was this Junkiro guy insane or something? Even if he was not, there was clearly something not right in his head and this thought materialised on Gerald's face despite the scarred boy's best intentions. He was looking at Junkiro with wide eyes too, forgetting his admittedly gruesome visage as he stared at his companion in this fight. What. The. Hell. Was. He. Thinking? This was stupidity beyond idiocy beyond foolishness beyond insanity! And though Gerald tried to open his mouth to find words for this situation, he found that he lacked the appropriate vocabulary to express just how stunned he was, so instead, he lay on the ground, bathing in the pain of his injuries for several more moments, gathering his strength.

When he finally felt well enough, Gerald sat up with a groan of pain as his aching body reminded him of why he wanted to remain on the relatively soft ground in the first place. He only had a guess as to how many injuries he had suffered, but he was sure that it would take him a few days to recover completely even with the help of the campus' wonderful nurse.

"Y-you're crazy," said Gerald to Junkiro as the scar-faced boy stood up. That was all he had to say to him before he stood up and started walking away. This... This day honestly could not get any worse. The only possible way that it could have gotten worse would have been if someone else challenged him to a fight and refused to back up or cornered Gerald into an illegal fight on the school grounds. Not only did he make two very powerful enemies, Gerald had apparently earned the acquaintanceship of a person who did not know the meaning of common sense when it came to dealing with bullies like this.

This, reasoned Gerald, would come back to bite them in the ass. Hard. And of course, he would be the one to suffer the most for it.

Just as he was making his way away from the arena, Shotaro was stopped by a girl who wore rather formal Japanese attire and carried a herty bag over her shoulder. She was asking him about some kid from last year. Normally, Shotaro would keep walking and ignore the girl... and this time was not much different. He'd respond, but not in the way she likely wanted. "Not right off hand, I don't. And frankly, I've had a long day. If you want to ask me some other time, make an appointment with the doorman or doorwoman at Imperius Hall."

Shotaro was lying. In fact, he remembered the incident all too clearly. That boy was the reason for the sudden change in his outlook and behavior. The investigation had deemed it an accident, an unfortunate and tragic mishap, a fluke... but Shotaro knew differently. He had been TRYING to hurt this "Aiko" boy. Not THAT badly, but a message was supposed to be sent. A very wealthy freshman had paid Shotaro ten thousand dollars to 'lay Aiko Tsukuda up for a few weeks'... which was exactly what Shotaro did, and then some.

The freshman claimed Aiko had been betting on his fights, and thrown a couple of them to make HUGE money off of anyone who joined in the betting. Now, betting on fights was against the rules... and Shotaro figured that he would be doing the school a service by teaching Aiko a lesson. At that time, Shotaro had not met Elias Palamara yet and did not lead Imperius Gloria, so he could not dig in and find the facts. How he wished he could have.

As it were, Aiko had not been placing bets. The student who paid Shotaro to fight him had been. Only later did this come to Shotaro's attention, and the situation was quickly rectified. The boy who had paid Shotaro was suddenly found beaten viciously behind Plaza B. He survived, but refused to identify the one who had attacked him. Of course, it was Shotaro. A couple staffers later proved that Shotaro had done it, but his fine of $5,000 was paid by a third party.

"In the meantime, please do not bug me. I've got important shit to do." No doubt, the girl would want to do something about it... but soon EVERYONE would be interrupted by an announcement over the island's loudspeakers.

"Attention, students of New Peaks Academy. This is Mia Ballard-Sandoval with an important announcement. Please do not panic. there is a strong typhoon on course to hit the Academy in two days. Please head to your dorms and a New Peaks Staff Member will be dispatched to your building in approximately one hour to provide further instructions. ... Mia had told her husband she would make the announcement later, but her worry grew with each passing minute and ultimately changed her mind. After all, a typhoon was nothing to take lightly.

"Well... I guess we BOTH have places to be now. I have to go get things squared away for this and I would think you do, too. Ciao." And with that, Shotaro took off like a bullet in the general direction of Imperius Hall. He had calls to make before the phones went down, emails to send before the internet cut out, and even a couple letters to write before the last postal service boat departed. Busy busy busy, was the head of Imperius Gloria.

Status
Not open for further replies.