Fight School [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siel heard the announcement and wasn't too affected by it. The school had to have plans for this type of situation and the end of the announcement confirmed that thought. Siel casually looked about in an attempt to collect on where it would come from. "Typhoon... that usage is for a storm more around the western Pacific. So that's where it originates from." Siel stared emptily to the west side of the school. "Then again, it could come from more north." With a good guess of the origin, Siel silently cursed the fact the dorms were, well, closer to where it would come from; despite the idea the typhoon would hit the entire school. Siel closed his eyes and felt the wind around him. "The wind hasn't changed much, maybe it's just the current area I'm in, but there is a slight increase in speed. Hmmm.. - what the?!" Siel began to think about typhoon would be like but his thoughts were disrupted by a hurrying school kid no taller than Siel. While Siel may be more calm about this situation, it was obvious some people would be freaking out. Finally, this uncharacteristically state of Siel had dropped with a huge sigh and a scratch to the back of his head, "Eh... should I be taking this more seriously? I mean, I did experience some monsoons here and there back in Korea..." Siel began to move towards the dorms, wasting no more time and carefully; he didn 't want to get ran over by another student.

On the way, he observed how the students were currently acting. People he saw had an assortment of reactions to the announcement. Siel counted that most people were playing cool about the whole thing but it still irked them about a typhoon. Even if they were all trained fighters, they couldn't stop something like that... could they? Siel never thought about it before but he was now questioning it... He would have to think on this thought more and more. "... after the typhoon passes. For now, I should focus on actually surviving pass it." The sound of rapid footsteps had quickly sidestep out of another student's way. "Or rather... surviving pass getting to the dorms..."

Arriving at the entrance of the dorm he stayed at, Siel noted how students were either sitting in the back and letting the rushers go through or they were the people rushing. Siel scratched his head and decided to be one of the people waiting in the back. "I'm not going to get hurt before the storm..." Siel mostly stared at the rushers while he waited; after all, despite his happy-go-lucky outer attitude, he didn't have very many friends at New Peaks to be looking for.

Hikaru opened her mouth up as if wanting to speak out against his awful comments, but she couldn't form any words that she would like to say to him. What would she like to say to him in this circumstance? Explicatives? Pound him with more clues to try and jog his memory, if he was as big of an idiot as she expected him to be and not remember? However, it could also be that he knew more than he wanted to let on but was simply brushing her off, just like the jerk she expected him to be. Perhaps she could use actions over words to get his attention, then? Either way, knocking some sense into him would be appropriate. She didn't want to get in trouble with the school over this, so that would mean challenging him to a fair fight. She knew she couldn't win, even with her shinai. This scenario was troubling, and he was getting further away from her as she mulled it over.

Before she could decide on the proper course of action, a voice interrupted them on the loud speaker. The news wasn't good.

Being from Japan she was no stranger to these types of storms, and knew very well what they could be capable of. While she got lucky and got away from one without too much damage, she had once attempted some part time work that cut too close to when a typhoon was supposed to hit, and she was an hour away from home by bike ride no less. On her way back she skidded out from the pouring rain and wind, smashing her head up pretty good on a wall in the process. Luckily a nice couple saw her wounded outside and rushed her into their home, calling her parents once she got through sobbing long enough to tell them their number. That was when the storm was just starting up, and it wasn't all that big of a one. A strong one...not good.

"You'll be seeing more of me! I'll take on Imperius Hall and you until you remember! I'm Hikaru Tsukuda. Remember it!" She shouted at him, although she made no effort to follow. As for now she needed to go to the dorm and get ready for the future instructions as she was promised.
She stormed off, although quickly, into the female dorms.

"Guess I just made enemies with one of the most powerful kids at this school," she thought to herself as she trudged with her heavy bags up to her dorm room, catching sight of what appeared to be that catgirl from earlier entering the room next to her own just as Hikaru turned down the hall. She didn't feel like knocking to confirm, and besides, both of them had to get ready for the coming excitement, having little time for chitchat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zen cringed at the sound of the intercom going off. The speaker was right next to the exit of the infirmary. He was just leaving when the announcement was ringing across the halls and every where else. He could already see the chaos roaming the halls and the school grounds. Students rushing as if the typhoon was about to hit them right then and there. Others were sitting in a circle "praying" with each other. Zen looked to the group and shook his head laughing. "You really think praying in a circle like that is going to stop a typhoon from striking the island. Kinda funny....." With that he adjusted the arm sling his arm was in and began walking off towards the school dorms. Being shoved by one of the freshmen in his injured arm he winced and went to shout only to realize they were already gone. He was already hating this problem and wondered how long he would be at the school and would have to put up with issues like this. Hopefully by the end of the year he'll be able just kick anyone in the face who shoved him to the side.

Even through the mess of people it seemed as if most of the third and fourth year students were just doing their own thing at the time. Almost as if they were used to issues like this. Sighing softly he continued to proceed to the dorm room. He was already disliking the day and figured it would get worse. After finally making it to the dorm rooms he looked to the chaos that now lurked the halls the pushing and shoving and the screaming. On top of his fight not only was his arm injured but as was the pounding pain of a headache. If only there was a way to just mute the crowd it would make things a little better. After what seemed like an hour of pushing, shoving and kids forcing their way through, Zen was at his dorm door. He fumbled around with his keys until he finally was able to insert the key into the handle and turn the lock. He pushed the door open, quickly darted inside and pushed the door back shut. "Finally! Some fucking quiet time!" He shouted and moved over to his bed before turning around and falling back onto it cringing at the pain in his shoulder. "Ow..." He wanted to just lay there for hours on end until he could rest but knew even tho it was muffled the sounds of the freshmen freaking out just outside his door still kept him awake and restless.

Zen's thoughts shifted back to the fight as he thought about it. He had everything planned out on how to beat Bradley knew his tactics, knew exactly what to do and just had to do everything perfectly. Yet it was his to his stupidity that he didn't put into the process on how good Brad exactly was. Nor did he put into the factor that he was also a higher rank then Zen. "Well....That's one more loss to add to the board. Maybe next time I'll win it. For good hopefully..." He spoke to himself and closed his eyes. These next few days would be a long one and people would be freaking out for the rest of the week about the situation. When all they had to do is let the adults handle it and it would all be fine in the end.

After he was certain Zen would be okay, Brad went back to his dorm room. Speaking of his room, it was loaded. He had his own mini-fridge loaded with sodas and sports drinks, a 70 inch plasma screen TV with surround sound, an Xbox One, a limited-edition gold PS4, a WiiU, and over 40 games for each system including a special edition of Bloodborne that came with a to-scale replica working Saw Cleaver. But this did not interest him at the moment. He was...upset.

Brad sat town in his chair and thought. He thought, and thought, and thought, until his brain hurt. Would he turn out like that, too, when he challenged Shotaro? Would he fail as miserably as Zen did? The Power gap between He and Shotaro was much greater than the power gap between Him and Zen, so, would he be worse? Did he even stand a chance? It's not like Shotaro is even human. He's a beast, in human guise, brimming with power and barely contained rage which oozes out of every one of his pores. He even heard about how Shotaro had beaten someone so bad, that even the healers couldn't restore the guy.

But wait, why is he doubting himself? Brad breaks out of his daze. He is the hero, the one that will take down Shotaro. He mustn't doubt himself, no. He must be confident. He must train. An announcement sounded, but right now, he was focused and didn't care. He was determined. "YES! YES! YES! YES! I CAN WIN! I FEEL GREAT! I! CAN! DO! THIS!" With that, he drops to the ground and does push-ups furiously.

Crazy? This kid, even after he got through winning a fight against them, was starting to drive him nuts with his cowardice. Did he not listen to sense? Even once? Junkiro, now exasperated, heaved a sigh, which caused a slight spasm of pain in his body, then called out to the fearful boy. "Will you listen for just one second? You beat them in a fight. They will be thinking more than once before threatening you again now that they know you can't be walked on like the dirt. I don't wish to be cruel, but for the god's sake, grow a spine, please? Your lack of confidence in yourself is making me sick to my own stomach...."

Junkiro, thankfully, did not have to move far before the medical crew rushed over to himself and Gerald; they had checked on the losing team first before heading over to them, but Junkiro could not be more thankful for their timeliness. As one of the nurses ushered him to one of the rooms inside the Dojo Grounds for post-battle healing and checked him out, Junkiro let out a gasp as his damaged rib throbbed painfully. He looked up at the staff and was about to say he was fine when the distinct echo of a school-wide announcement was blared over the intercom.

A tidal wave, eh? He thought it needlessly over-cautious to barricade himself with two whole days of cushion in-between, but he wasn't one to argue authority. With a sigh, he gave the nurse a pained chuckle. "Well then...." He said no more, as talking had begun to hurt as well; he instead laid calmly on the table he had been relocated to before the announcement, occasionally wincing in pain as the staff worked quickly and efficiently on him to patch up his damaged body.

It took a good 20 to 30 minutes, but soon his various wounds had been attended to. The nurse opened her mouth, but Junkiro interrupted her. "Yes yes, I know to stay away from fights for the next a few days...this is my seventeenth, I think? I lost count. But thank you." Junkiro shuffled his way out of the room before the nurse could recover from the boy's fighting tenacity.

"Welp, best I get back to my quarters...."

To the hell with beating them in a fight! It would just make things worse! That is how bullies and people worked! They would get angry at you, then blame you for getting them angry, then humiliate you, then when you can not stand it anymore, you would bite back and they would just get angrier! Though... With a bitter thought, Gerald realised that he might need this Junkiro's help again, as much of an idiot he was about bullies. He could not just fight two-on-one and win, could he? No, he definitely could not and even if this boy was as stupid as they came off the stupid assembly line, he had been a very valuable ally in the fight, so Gerald made sure to store his name for later. Even if it was only so that he could avoid him when it came to interactions.

When the staff came to help them with their injuries, Gerald welcomed them. Though he felt he would have been capable of walking to the nurse's home alone, his head definitely did not feel right and he was hurting all over the place. Some places were quite painful too, but he was not even listening to the people when they told him what sort of injuries he had. He just made sure to listen to the directions: Keep out of fights for a few days, rest plenty and check-in routinely with the nurse. Some of his parts were also wrapped up tightly, but for the most part, he kept himself distracted by thinking about other things as he had learned some time ago.

Then came the announcement of a typhoon, something that had turned Gerald's day even worse. Not only did he get together with someone who had no idea how things worked in the world, he also got in a fight, he got wounded and now he would have to cover in fear for the rest of the day? This was as bad as it got, so when the staff finally finished buzzing around Gerald, he quietly thanked them for their help, then he left towards his dormitories as ordered. He did not know what else to do as he had never been in a tsunami, so he would follow instructions. He learned how to be good at that.

Last edited:
Siel, somehow, managed to find an opening and wormed his way into the two story dorm building he resided in. Stepping inside, he saw how neighbors were talking to one another, each voicing their concerns about the upcoming event. A sudden curiosity filled Siel, telling him to go the extra mile and actually listen in on those words being said. He put his hands in his pocket, looked forward with distant eyes, and walked down the main hall of the first floor. The whispers were... to say the least, different. "D-do you guys think everything will be ok?" "Hah, you scared, man?" "Dude, lay off 'im. We can tell you're scared too." "Pfft, ple - ..." It was an awkward moment when Siel walked through the group of friends conversing with one another. Their instant silence did not soothe the comical sweat drop coming off of Siel's brow. When he passed through the group, Siel mentally sighed and eased up... until he felt something hit him in the back of the head. "'EY! 'il!" Back when Siel first moved into the dorms and people decided to introduce themselves to their building mates, Siel was eating some spicy food and had pronounced his name, through a burnt tongue, as 'Eil'. Despite correcting it later, it just stuck. "What'cha feel about the storm?"

Siel looked at his feet to see the object thrown at his head. An unopened water bottle... "I could use that..." Siel picked up the water bottle, put on his classic smile, and turned around, "Tell you all what! If I die before the rest, I'll keep a seat cool for us all in Hell!" With his piece spoken, he turned around, rushed off to the stairs, and continued to his dorm room. Siel's dorm was the third to last room on the right, north side. He passed by doors and people talking outside their dorm rooms. When he finally reached his door, Siel said hi to one of his neighbors who had also just returned, and then entered his room. "I'm home..." He spoke as he entered the room.

... and was met with no response. Shutting the door behind him, "Oh yeah... I live alone now..." Siel spoke to himself in a low voice. Siel lived in the simpler dorms and kept his room in a good enough condition. "Two months... and I'm still not used to this..." He walked over to the main room, placed the water in the fridge, sat on his bed, and threw off his messed up shirt. Falling back on the bed, Siel felt exhaustion beginning to take over; a typical thing once the day had settled down. He just wanted to fall asleep at this moment, but he willed himself to stay awake. There was still more to be told about the typhoon coming. "Let's see what a school that trains monsters is gonna tell them when Mother Nature strikes..."

Diana would be snapped right out of her thoughts to the sound of speakers making a noise. This, of course, perked her curiosity and she looked up a bit towards the celing as if someone were standing there. In the split second left for thoughts, she wondered what could possibly be important. Someone famous maybe? Then a woman began to speak over the com. Jeez... When they say 'don't panic', it really doesn't help others not panic... What's this about? She thought to herself just before the explaination was stated. A typhoon? In two days? Well it certainly isn't any good news... I just hope that the other students don't cause a huge riot over something like this. She turned around to see, of course, a few other students making a huge deal out of something that wouldn't be here for a while. Naturally, it is cause for... well caution, but holy crap... This is just stupid!! Diana looked around for Zen and Brad, both of which seemed to have already left. Oh jeez!! I was so caught up in thoughts that I hadn't even noticed!

With that, she began to speed walk towards her dorm, then she thought about her other friends. Were they okay? Well... Hopefully they were already in their dorms... Then someone bumped into her, they seemed to be in such a hurry that they didn't notice the small cat girl standing right in front of him and in his path. She was caught a little off guard and pushed to the ground. With a small sigh, she stood up and started calmly walking towards her dorm again, cutting through parks and taking note of her surroundings. Soon she was at the door of her room and she entered, opening up into a pretty simple space. A bed with one plush, a poster or two, an extra pair of shoes, a suitcase which had all of her clothes in it and that was about it. Not much, but it was enough to keep her happy, unlike those rich kids with their playstations and possibly even flying skateboards! Okay, maybe not flying skateboards, but that would be pretty cool... Diana sat on her bed, took out her notpad and began doodling while waiting for someone to show up.

The hallways around him were cold and lifeless. The library was often like this during this time of day. Kyami walked down the isolated halls in deep thought. He was a freshman at this academy. New Peaks was an interesting school, and so far he hadn't really made any friends. It was odd to say the least, but he felt seemingly isolated from the entire world that he grew up knowing. It was very odd, and he still wasn't accustomed to it. All the fights that he had gone through and actually won had put his name out there, but there were still others far above him at this school He was glad he wasn't the only one here with some sort of strange phenomena. He had overheard a student telling another student what they were capable of and he could only smile as he listened to their conversation. He hadn't stopped training his mind, body and power.

Time at New Peaks had taught him some things. There were cliques here, or what they called factions. These factions were headed by some pretty powerful students. Kyami didn't really see much use in them, but apparently it was a balance of power sort of thing, or perhaps it was just whoever was stronger ruled the hallways sort of thing. Whatever it was Kyami planned on having no parts of the largest factions. They were too busy fighting each other that they barely did anything productive. Kyami sighed as he continued to walk through the library building halls. He was heading towards his dorm room. The announcement had gone out that a typhoon was on course to hit the academy and Kyami had to make sure he was prepared. If only he could notify his parents, but they probably already knew.

A typhoon was powerful, a storm capable of leveling the entire academy and killing everyone here. It wouldn't be taken lightly, and he wouldn't joke around. As he walked he finally made it to the front door of the library building and as he pushed it open, he was met with the various smells of the outside as well as various stares from other students who were simply hanging around until their next class. Kyami moved quietly towards the dorms. His hair blew in the wind and his eyes shimmered, holding secrets behind them. As he walked, he couldn't help but feel that someone was watching him, or rather following him. As he turned a corner, he waited and noticed a upperclassman had been following him. Kyami folded his arms across his chest and sighed.

"What now?" he asked annoyed.

"Well hey to you too," the upperclassman stated with a smile, "aren't you Kyami?"

"I am, who is asking?" Kyami asked still holding his posture.

"Your name is filtering through the school, I'm surprised none of the top students have challenged you yet," the upperclassman replied with a smirk, "but then again I'm not here to challenge you so…."

Kyami's expression changed from one of annoyance, to one of interest. Why had this upperclassman approached him.

"Oh really? So what brings you to stalk me so openly?" Kyami retorted still unsure what this individual's motives were.

"I…. well…. I really don't know. I saw you when you first got here, and I've…. Well……….damn this is awkward," the upperclassman finally spat out as he stood there. Kyami looked at the poor guy and a smile suddenly began to form on his face. He moved closer to the male and shook his head.

"I thought upperclassman had it together," Kyami joked, "are you trying to ask me something? Your name would be a great start."

The upperclassman smiled and his confidence slowly returned.

"My name's Kyle, Kyle Namiko," the upperclassman said through the smile, "but they call me Shadow around here."

"Shadow? Hmmm, interesting," Kyami replied, "so Kyle, aren't you scared that you might get backlash for befriending or even talking to a freshman?"

"Nah, I figured it was worth the risk, after all I've seen you fight, I like your moves."

Clearly flirting was something this guy was good at, but Kyami wasn't too sure if he was okay with starting any type of relationship at this place. Imagine the backlash Kyle would get, but the adventure could be fun and worth the ride.

"Oh really?" Kyami smiled and turned to start walking. Kyle noticed the slight wink Kyami threw in his direction and laughed softly.

"So I take it you're okay with me walking with you to your dorm?" Kyle asked.

"If I wasn't you'd know," Kyami replied .

The conversation continued playfully as the two walked towards Kyami's dorm. Kyami was excited that he might have gained a friend and Kyle and Kyle was just eager to get to know Kyami. It was odd, but Kyami knew there would be fights involved in this. Was he ready?

The typhoon came and went. Many of the more wealthy students chose to go home before the storm hit and return a few days after. Others were either unable to go home or willingly remained at school. Unfortunately, while the storm passed with minimal damage to structures, it did not pass without incident. There were four casualties. Axel Von Brandt, a young practitioner of jiujutsu, perished when he attempted to 'get some snacks' from a vending machine near the dorms and was struck in the head by debris. Eden Marie Taggart, a talented Baguazhang fighter, passed away when she was swept off her feet by a sudden gale and fractured two vertebrae in her neck. Elena Volkov, a Systema fighter from Brazil, breathed her last when she tried to sneak into Imperius Glora headquarters using the storm as cover. She slipped on the roof and fell two stories, cracking her head on the pavement. The last casualty was a New Peaks Security Officer who died after the storm while assessing the damage in Destreza Park when a tree limb fell on him.

Services were held for the deceased on-campus as well as off-campus, and classes were cancelled for one week while what little damage was done was tended to.

That was two months ago.

Saturday, December 19, 1:30PM New Peaks Time.

Christmas decorations were all around the New Peaks campus in preparation for the upcoming holiday, but that wasn't why everyone was excited. It was time for the annual Holiday Tournament, and every student at New Peaks had to take part. Taking place at the Richard Alphonse III Memorial Stadium, the families of the students were all invited to attend free of charge. Also in attendance would be many wealthy investors, renowned martial artists, and even a few celebrities. The fights themselves would be divided by the Class Year. 1st Years would not fight 3rd Years, for example. The fights began at 5:00PM New Peaks time, and the tension on campus was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Vincento had passed his test and advanced to C1 Rank a mere two weeks after the typhoon, and had racked up four more wins and two losses since. He was eager to fight in the tournament and show that his ability to learn his opponents movements and act accordingly was just as potent as some of the other abilities he'd seen used since beginning classes four months ago. Currently, he was relaxing in one of the Student Rec Center's steam rooms. Nothing like a good sweat to loosen your muscles and ease tension, after all. He'd probably spend a good half hour in there before heading to his room, changing into his uniform and heading over to the stadium to watch some demonstrations and pre-fight entertainment.

Shotaro on the other hand, had achieved the exalted ranking of S1. The seventh student to do so since New Peaks Academy was founded twenty years ago. He had also acquired his 5th-Dan Black Belt in Taekwondo. Similar to Vincento, he was relaxing before the start of the tournament. Sitting in the lobby of Imperius Gloria's building, he was watching, of all things, "South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut" on the blu-ray player. It was at the Brian Boitano song, and Shotaro stood up and belted out the words in time with the characters on screen. He even stood up on the chair and made exaggerated hand motions as he sung. It was plain to see he was having a good time.

Weiss, Mia, Cameron, Anna, and eight other teachers were already at the stadium assisting the setup crews with getting things in order. They were also there as judges for the fights. Three of them for each year of students. Cameron would judge the Seniors, Mia the Juniors, Weiss the sophomores, and Anna the Freshmen. Of course, the others would assist them. With so many students participating, the judges would have just as hard a time keeping up with things as the fighters themselves. Each would score the participants and make sure no one was severely injured, just as with standard sanctioned fights.

As an added incentive to students, each win would net them $150 added to their stipend in January. This was of course targeted toward the "Mendicants" and students on scholarships, but ALL students were happy to get some extra spending cash. Who wasn't?

Just another day at New Peaks Academy.

Zen was only half prepared for the storm. He was actually pretty freaked when the window in the room only just next to him was shattered by a tree limb being tossed about the area. Nobody was hurt but just the sound of a tree limb going through the window was what scared him more then anything. But still as everything was, the storm came and went. The days it was there, everything seemed as if it was hell on earth. The rushing wind the wild rain. The only part Zen actually enjoyed about the storm was the day before and the day after of the calmer rain. Also the one week of no school. He had only wished he had the money to go home and get away from the storm. Aside from that it did give him time alone to work on some training techniques for the contest he heard about. It was a tournament for Christmas he assumed.

Shortly after the whole typhoon experience, which to note he wished he never had to do it again. Was his favorite holiday, it was time for Halloween. Zen had the fun of even going all out and putting fake cobwebs on his door and styling his room to fit the day. Dressed up as a zombie one day and proceeded to 'nom' on people's arms as if he were biting them. It was probably the one time of the year where he could put on a mask and do whatever he wanted without really worrying about anything. Only difference was when he did it to one student and ended up getting kicked in the chest and knocked a few feet back and onto the ground. He figured it was then when he would stop playing the games and act normal. Now, it was time for the tournament, he was practicing every day until the final three days before the fight had even started here he just sat down in his room and watched tv while he relaxed and attempted to keep his nerves calm for the upcoming days. He was ready and he was going to win one way or the other.

Hikaru hide in her room for the duration of the typhoon and the following days, luckily not taking any damage of her own besides the stress of the situation, especially after finding out that there had been some causalities. However, she knew she couldn't stay cooped up there forever so began to venture out with more and more frequency when the damage was all cleaned up and classes began once again. Along with her classes she also began training much more again, not just with her shinai, but now incorporating other punching and kicking into her fighting style, although she was still not the best at it by any means due to mainly practicing all by her lonesome at the Bokator Beach near the dorms.

Long story short, she could tell that her attacks were generic looking, like what you would do if you were in a street fight on youtube, which is honestly what she was watching to learn some more practical stuff, but this could only go so far. How can she use the basics to fight a master, especially a student who was now an S rank? If she tried to confront him now, she would be the one taught a lesson instead, and he was too pig headed to talk it out like a rational adult, the others in his group also kicking her to the curb whenever she stopped by. Should she give up on her ill conceived plans? No! her determination was one of her best qualities, so she had to keep trying. All she had to do was keep on training and maybe she could one day be powerful enough to achieve the goals that she had set for herself, even if she had to temporarily put off her main one and focus on other options for the time being. Perhaps she could beat other Imperius Gloria members in matches until they would take her efforts more seriously, or she could even win the upcoming tournament to get a major boost in that regard.

She had trained hard enough to attain C2 rank during this time, so she just may have a chance in the freshman battles. Was this an attainable goal to set for herself? Yes, and she had to take part anyways, so might as well take it seriously. This is why she got up very early before school every morning for an hour, striking an overhead swing with her shinai repeatedly to keep her muscles in top form and also practicing other moves that she had seen for the remainder of the time before she had to eat breakfast and go to class.

She was practicing out there again today, in her kendo getup while on the beach, shuffling around and punching at an unseen foe that she pictured Shotaro's face on.

Siel stared at himself in the mirror. Analyzing himself; trying to find any weakness in just his looks. His analytical eyes catching a few here and there. Simple spots to one, grand flaws to keen fighters. There was still a small tinge of darkness on his right side. A mark he gained from the numerous fights he had begun to do after the typhoon. "... The typhoon..." The young fighter's eyes dimmed at the memory of it. Siel got through the storm quite easily. Sure the rain was hard, debris broke his room window, and his bed spread was torn, but he made it through. The after effect, was much more damaging to his young mind. To find out that those people had died and the school had not prepared for every possible situation... it made him realize how mortal everyone there was despite how freakish their strength is. "People of great strength and power, yet still stuck in the human body. Bound by its limits as a mortal and the inevitable end that comes with it... that's our fate." When this realization had dawned upon Siel, his entire aura seemed to change.

In the last two months, all Siel knew was the taste of sweat that had fallen into his mouth. Sweat generating from the fights he began to relentlessly pursue. Siel had worked his body to the limit each day and accepted every challenge and provocation sent upon him. When he wasn't fighting, he was training. When he wasn't fighting or training, he was meditating. When he wasn't doing any of that, he was in class. The words "free time" began to drift away from the being of Siel over this time. It wasn't until some people decided to reach out to him and force him to take a break that he stopped. The break didn't last long as news spread of the seventh S1 student bring crowned had spread. Then the taekkyeon fighter had returned to how he was before. Until a week ago, he stopped his actions to train for the tournament. And by the end of that week, Siel's fighting record for the year stood at 12-5, his rank was C3, and he was on the border of advancing into the dan belt ranks. His ambition just kept guiding him.

With the recap done in his mind, Siel put on his gi. A standard white one with the belt sewn into the gi. Siel knew a few things about desperate measures in fighting, and he had prepared for all that he could think of. The belt that had been sewn into the gi kept the space small enough for air to circulate but not for easy access into that space. The mess of his hair was bit tidied and made to spike back. Lastly, he made sure his pants were on tight before deciding to head out for the upcoming tournament. One that Siel knew he had to win.

Two months for Junkiro felt more like a year. Even the defeat of the Elspeths couldn't keep him away from his 'owner' Shotaro forever, and the senior quickly had him back under lock and key. He found the months after the events with Gerald worse than before; it seemed everyone in Imperius Gloria wanted a shot at the new kid nowadays. Junkiro, without many other options, accepted each challenge in turn. As expected, he lost some, but something else was happening that had caught some of the Gloria off guard; Junkiro was improving quite quickly. Watching Shotaro and the other higher-ups of the group was paying off: enough for Junkiro to attain a record of 4-4 over the two month stretch. While that did not sound too impressive on its own, considering the opponents he had, he considered it quite an achievement. Even so, his win-loss record still stood at 11-17-not great, but not miserable...just mediocre.

Even so, every man had his limits, and Junkiro's were near their breaking point. The first tournament of his career, an important milestone in his life, and he couldn't even find the time to think about it. After about 5 weeks, most of the Imperius had stopped hazing Jun; he had 'passed', so to speak, and was more or less one of the group now...mostly.

That 'mostly' is for the one exception: Shotaro. When the others had stopped, the senior had picked up their slack, bullying and ordering the worn-out freshman to cover for everyone else's laxness. Between the senior's relentlessness and Jun's continued training with Weiss to find a balance between his karate and new wrestling backgrounds, he had very precious little time to himself anymore, and his grades were beginning to slide as a result; he couldn't keep up this grinding pace forever.

Junkiro himself was getting quite sick and tired of Shotaro abusing the power he had over him. Even though he despised the young man for his actions, what could he do about it? He couldn't go to the teachers, or Shotaro would rat his family out. He couldn't get someone to beat him up; he WAS the toughest student in New Peaks. And he couldn't confront him either!

Not that he didn't try. November 13 marked the most anticipated day in New Peaks that year since the first day; it was that day that Junkiro, as idiotically as it seemed to anyone bystanding, challenged Shotaro to a rematch. The match was held in the same arena, at the same time, with the same stakes....and the same result. Junkiro, try as he might, couldn't withstand the physical onslaught that Shotaro brought. Though he lasted a good thirty seconds longer this time, Junkiro narrowly avoided leaving the arena on a stretcher.

Between this loss and his work, Junkiro had managed to drag himself out of the D ranks and currently sat at C3-not a bad achievement for two months. All this came at the cost of daily luxuries, such as peace, quiet, and most of all, sleep. All three were currently in jeopardy as a groggy Junkiro blinked himself awake as a rather relaxed Shotaro belted out the tune to some show he had never heard of. Junkiro, too tired to watch himself, glared at the ever-obnoxious senior.

"Shotaro, will you please...stop your sing! It is not funny enough for you to repeat it....I need my rest before this damn tournament!" Junkiro's English had improved slightly in that two month time frame, but his manners were stretched thin with weariness. With a sigh, the freshman clamped a pillow over his head, hoping to drown out the out of key singing.

Cyst was tying a sack of sand onto her roof, getting ready for the day's training. She had only just arrived recently and didn't know anyone she could have trained with, so it was purely offensive training until she could find someone to throw punches at her. Of course with Krav Maga being an art based around quick, fluid, and efficient fighting, it was hard to practice offence on something that she couldn't tell if it was "taken down" or not. Another reason she should be out finding friends. However, she was content to wait. The staff seemed to have been drafting a schedule for her, or something. She didn't know what the hold up was, really. She had heard about the storm. Everyone had. But she had to assume they had effectively rebuilt. It had been two months ago and there were only four deaths, as far as she had read. She had seen four people die on the streets faster than it could even be counted. Of course, that might have just been her...

The rope slid together into a well tied, satisfying knot. Cyst had finally finished setting up her makeshift dummy. Which meant it was finally time to use it. She assumed the stance she had been taught, dominant foot slightly in front of the other with both hands in front of her, palms cupped to help deflect punches. Her chin was slightly tucked inward to help defend her throat, but not enough to sacrifice vision. She took a deep breath. In her head, she visualized the imaginary opponent's opening move. A one-two combination to start. Easy.

She moved her hand and slapped at the air, as if knocking an imaginary opponent's fist away. As the second imaginary fist came at her she deflected it to the right, taking a step left and launching a punch out over the outstretched arm. Her mind was going a mile a minute, at that point. After the one-two came an attempt to grab her by the waist. She effectively grounded herself and stopped the swinging bag with her forearm, punching an imaginary head as it ducked under and over her blocking arm.

Failing the grab, he would try to catch her on the arm. She stepped to the right as soon as she felt the nonexistent hand touch her wrist, keeping a hand against his elbow so she could keep herself outside of it's reach. Her hand grabbed at where the man's shoulder would have been, launching knees into the bag over and over into what would have been his side. Unfortunately, she missed one of her knees.

The momentum of her movements caused her to accidentally launch herself forward. She tripped over her own feet and ended up on the ground, staring up at the ceiling with heavy breath. It was a very nice ceiling. Better than the one she had before. That is, before it had been burned down... the memory tortured her like not much else could. She hugged her knees to her chest on the ground, closing her eyes. Why did she have to remember that? Of all the things from her younger years, why did that have to stick to her so closely?

It was time for the tournament, something Kyami had been looking forward to. While it was sad that four casualties had resulted from the typhoon two months ago, Kyami felt it best to move on. He still prayed at the alter in his dorm room every morning for those lives lost and for those he missed like his parents and friends he had made while in middle school. Life had a way of teaching you lessons when you least expected it. Thus was the case with Kyami and Kyle. Kyle and Kyami had started dating two weeks after meeting that fateful day. They spent a lot of time together. Kyami would spend most of his time training and doing homework, while Kyle would visit whenever he had a chance to do so. Of course their relationship was taboo. Upperclassman rarely got into anything serious with freshman unless it was for some sort of gain. This was different. Now two months into the relationship and Kyami was happy, more so than he was when he first got at New Peaks.

Today was another day, but it was a special day. Kyami and Kyle would both be taking part in this tournament. Kyle was a senior and Kyami was a freshman, the ultimate of taboos being broken, yet there was something about Kyle that Kyami liked and felt comfortable with and vice versa, Kyle felt that there was something about Kyami that made him laugh, smile and feel better about being at New Peaks. There were still those days in which things got crazy, and their relationship was not perfect, but they made the most of it. They were fighters, it was what they did, and that included being headstrong. Today was no different for Kyami. He woke up feeling great. He had received notification that his father would be at the tournament after being recognized as one of the top schools for Tai Chi. It made him happy to know that his father was still working hard to get his school on the map.

As he looked in the mirror, he could only push a stray blonde strand of hair from his face. His eyes glared at the reflection. He was shirtless, his toned body glistening from the water the shower had left. All of his hard work had paid off. Sighing, he realized it was bittersweet. There was a chance he could be eliminated out of this tournament during his first match. He didn't know what the others had done, he had focused on his training and making sure Kyle had a sparring partner. Sifting through his garbs, he found something he wanted to wear. He finally found it, his father's gift to him before leaving for New Peaks. It was a traditional garb worn in Tai Chi practices. Pulling the garbs on, he adjusted everything and looked in the mirror once more with a soft smile. Tucking the two fighting fans into his belt, he left his dorm and headed towards the stadium. Kyami didn't have any enemies. He was an all-around accepted guy. Everyone liked him for the most part and he found no shame in being as positive as he could be. He only hoped that this tournament would be the place in which he made a mark in the school.

The typhoon came and went and though it was not without its casualties, Gerald was completely unharmed. Frightened, most certainly, but no harm came to him along with his possessions despite the best intentions of Junkiro, the honestly crazy man. Though to others, it might seem reasonable to challenge two people who were demanding money as a fee to enter the building other students were living in, however, for one, Gerald was not short of money and for two, he thought that it would have been the safer option even if the fee got higher. And it would have made it easier on him too! His injuries, though not critical or life-threatening were definitely not laughed off easily and he had to visit the nurse for some routine check-ups to make sure everything was all right.

Those had been rather embarrassing, not to mention painstaking for him. Because of his scarring, some people on the staff took interest in his personal well-being and he almost literally had to fight them off with a stick so he could get them to leave him alone. Then he almost swore to not go to the nurse's office the next time he came out of a fight, which was impossible. Even he realised that, but it was as good an excuse as any for him to focus on his studies as if there was no tomorrow. Especially his studies in Aikido along with biology, because he knew he was not going to avoid another fight with those two people and he needed every edge he could get. He and Junkiro had barely won the last fight and their opponents would only get stronger without a doubt.

So he increased the number of his practice sessions and even found himself a teacher who could help him master his moves again. Thus, his practice sessions increased in length as well as in intensity, which he hated, but he knew that it would be important. Damn Junkiro and him screwing up Gerald's plan to stay low completely! Now he was sure that some people would be able to find a way to challenge him or use him and he would have to fight with them too. It was simply unfair, how he was manipulated into that particular scenario... Simply unfair! The scarred boy even briefly considered challenging Junkiro, but he knew that he would not stand a chance against him. At all. The other boy was a much better fighter than him, not to mention that Junkiro was not reluctant to hurt his opponents.

Thus, Gerald focused on bettering himself, both academically and martially, unaware that there were eyes on him that lurked in the shadows and knew more about him than his mother or his father. Or perhaps even himself.

Truth to be told, Elias Palamara was not a petty man, nor someone who bullied others for the fun of it, however, his eyes were set onto Gerald. The scarred boy was simply so strange, especially with his good grades and his absolute reluctance to fight that a challenge was completely out of character for him, not to mention getting a teacher to help him in private, one-on-one. So Elias decided to follow his nose and investigate, to see if there was anyone who knew Gerald at campus or if they had any interactions with the scarred boy. His first stop, of course, was the rest of the Hijos, but apparently the little weasel of a man was so wimpy that he did not even make any friends. Then came a few freshmen that he played with for his own amusement. Yet there was nothing save for a rumor involving some sort of a campus ghost with a scarred face.

However, even though there was nothing to be gained on Gerald that he did not already know, Elias did come up with a plan. It would require some other people, but it was nothing that he could not pull off. And he would even have fun with it! The only thing he needed was a little bit of time. The tournament along with some well-applied peer pressure would pull off the rest.

As for Gerald, the blissfully unaware boy was currently shaking in his boots as he prepared for his next series of rank test, which he had been actively putting off for as long as he could. But he no longer had any choice in the matter as the teachers, not to mention his parents would have absolutely nothing of it. They told him that he needed to get his skills assessed before the tournament, or else he would be placed in a bracket that was not appropriate for him, something that the school was not willing to tolerate.

Throughout the Typhoon, Bradley did nothing but train and work out in his room, until he was too tired to move. The constant rain, thunder, and wind drowned out all other noises, allowing him to focus his concentration inwardly, with each move perfecting himself even further. Bruce Lee once said that he feared not the man who practiced one-thousand kicks once, but rather, one kick one-thousand times. And so, as the days went on, he trained, and studied, and trained, and studied.

He did see his friends, and even went out at Ken Masters for Halloween, and met up with a guy dressed as Ryu, and they did an impromptu sparring match with the kid, pretending they were in the game. A whole crowd gathered. It was fun, but he could not have fun every day.

Most of the time, he was too tired to hang out much, from straining and honing himself, but it got easier and easier every day. During the cold nights, people could see him jogging, cutting through the cold air with the heat of his muscles, and one time, he was out way after curfew, and had pushed himself so hard that he had passed out, and he laid there until morning, when a teacher found him and brought him to the Nurse's office. But he was out by the end of the day.

He had even gotten increases in rank, and very glowing letters were sent to his family. To look at him now would not be to look at the skinny boy that came here, but an athletic, muscled young man, on the precipice of attaining manhood, his lithe and supple body, tensed and poised, ready at any moment to strike.

This tournament would be a time to test his new body, his new abilities. Win or lose, he would try his best, and even if he does not win, he is still a victor, and the scars on his body tell the story of his struggle.

Soon enough, Cyst had left her dorm room and was walking around the shopping area, generally just trying to get a feel for the island. Sure, they had given her a map to use. But maps were for the weak. If she could map out the entire city of Samara in her head, she could handle an island. She was making good progress so far. She had hit the beach just after she had left her dorm, followed by the cinemas and the various plazas. Overall, it was a very productive trip.

She had gotten some looks and heard some whispered behind her back. Mostly about her clothes, but there were a few inquiries as to who she was and what she was doing here. Apparently, she wasn't up to the visual standard these rich pricks held themselves to. Well, that was their own damn fault. If they wanted to judge her based on stupid things like her clothes, so be it. She liked her clothes. They were light, practical, and kept her warm where it counted. That was all she needed, out of them.

She continued her journey through the stores, making mental notes of each one as she passed them. She pulled out the small card she had been given from her pocket. $200... It was more than she had ever been able to claim she had. The most her and Vladimir had ever been able to keep was $20 on a good day, before it was either stolen or spent. They had to work their butts odd for $20. It was a miracle to get even a dollar more. To get ten times that amount for doing absolutely nothing... She was starting to think she would like it here.

Despite the fact Shotaro was enjoying himself, Imperius Gloria's little hothead decided to step up and tell him to stop. "How about you fuck off and fight me right now in the ring, you little bitch." Shifting his weight slightly as he stood on the chair, Shotaro tilted the chair backward and caused it to fall. As fitting of a talented athlete and fighter, he did NOT fall... but rather moved with the chair and started walking toward Junkiro. "Let's go. It'd be a nice warm-up for me before the Senior bouts start."

At this point, Junkiro would probably be uneasy or afraid he'd get too hurt to fight in the tournament... so Shotaro stopped posturing. "Or better yet, you could not tell me what to do. I'm head of the faction. I sometimes work until like four in the morning doing balancing shit for this hall. I bust my ass AND still fit in time for classes and fighting. YOU don't." With that, Shotaro gave the finger to the freshman and walked out of Imperius Hall. He'd head to the beach, maybe take a dip and loosen up before the tournament, and try to enjoy what little time was left before the fights.

On the other hand, Vincento decided to head to the market and pick up a few things before the fights began. He was spacing out a bit as he thought about the fights that were about to take place. He was among the top freshmen at New Peaks, what with his ranking of C-1, and everyone would be gunning for him. Would he be able to stay the odds-on favorite and win the Freshman division? Would he let people down and be eliminated? So absorbed was he in thought that he bumped into a girl who was also meandering around the various shops.

Initially, he just hoped he hadn't bumped into another senior with a chip on their shoulder... but seeing that he had run into a girl about the same age he was, Vincento immediately began to apologize. "Mi dispiace tanto. I'm so sorry. I did not see you there. Please, let me cover whatever you're getting. " A clear sign his nerves were on edge, he'd just offered to pay for this girl's purchase without thinking. He didn't know how much she'd get or if she was even planning to buy anything, all he was thinking about was how to not seem like a total jackass. "Again, I am so sorry. That was so inconsiderate of me."

Meanwhile, the boats and helicopters were starting to arrive. Celebrities, investors, world-renowned martial artists, media broadcasters, and the families of the New Peaks students would soon start to fill the stadium. With a capacity of fifteen thousand, the stadium was more than large enough to house those in attendance as well as all the students who got eliminated and were not so injured as to require medical attention.

Soon enough, the tournament would be underway.

Status
Not open for further replies.