Feudal Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sisumi's eyes widened, realizing she used too much strength. "Oh my gosh, Miroku! I'm so sorry, you okay?" She leaned towards him, concerned expression on her face.

Inuyasha snorted a laugh at this. Coughing to cover it up and continue eating.

Shippo looked at Inuyasha, surprised he actually laughed. His pointed ears twitched as he looked at the twins. "Nakida already agreed, at the inn." He stated, watching them curiously. He munched on his fish. He was quite surprised Inuyasha agreed. The fox glanced at the dog.

So that's what he agreed to...Inuyasha thought to himself.

Motoko turned back around as Inuyasha laughed--almost delighted to see such a thing. She blushed a little and stared at him.

Miroku sighed. "I'm finnneeeeee..." he droned, rubbing the newborn bruise with the same hand he rubbed Sisumi's bottom with. Inside, he felt the pain was worth it.

Hideki let out a short giggle. "Well, that's good. At least we'll have company when traveling to Europe."

Inuyasha was smiling behind his fist. He found it amusing that Miroku's antics were still punished, even if Sisumi didn't really mean to hurt him. His eyes drifted over to Motoko, hand lowering to his smile.

Sisumi frowned, "Okay.." She answered uncertainly. She sat back down, taking a fish herself and munching on it slowly.

Shippo watched Hideki. "You're really excited that Nakida will be coming, aren't you..." He stated the obvious.

The female twin let an eyebrow rise, sporting an amused smirk toward Inuyasha.

Miroku looked at the cat demon. "I'm fine, really. There'll be a bump for a while, but I'm okay," he said, reassuring her.

Hideki blushed at Shippo's comment, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"Oh, not at all--I mean, sure she's good to have around because she's strong and has fire and stuff, but it's not that I'm excited about it I mean she could kill me with her bare hands and have me for lunch so having her here would benefit is and keep us safe that's all I swear!" Hideki ranted.

Inuyasha's own eyebrow rose at her look. His smile faultering but not disappearing. "What?"

Sisumi smiled sweetly at the monk. "If you're sure, Miroku."

Shippo gave Hideki a doubtful look. "Yeah, sure... But those aren't the only reasons...."

Motoko shook her head, looking at her breakfast and still smirking. "Nothin'."

Hideki continued blushing--he wasn't getting out of that one.

Inuyasha frowned then, at her reply and ate his food. He turned his head to look out at their surroundings. Nakida may have ran off somewhere but they were gonna sill continue walking.

Sisumi leaned towards Motoko. "So, which way are we headed?" She asked excitedly, ready for a new adventure.

Shippo grinned at the male twin, knowing full well he won and that he was right. He usually was about these things. He finished eating happily.

Motoko's attention was stolen by Sisumi.

"West. Reeaaaaalllyyyy west. We're going to Europe," she said.

"Yeah, our mom is there. Hope that's okay with everyone," Hideki said, gesturing toward Inuyasha.

"Ooooooh." Sisumi replied, bright-eyed and bushy tailed. She'd never been to Europe and she stated as such.

Shippo perked, excited for the new adventure as well. He hopped onto Sisumi's shoulder. "Let's get going then!" He exclaimed.

Inuyasha nodded his consent. He had already agreed, even though he wasn't paying attention to what he was agreeing to. He may be a bit of an asshole but not so bad to take back his word.

Motoko smiled at the support. She stood, letting the wind take her hair.

"Well, let's go! To Europe!" she exclaimed happily.

Sisumi stood up abruptly, pointing dramatically in the wrong direction. "Let's go!!!"

"West is the other direction, Sisumi..." Inuyasha pointed out, pointing in the opposite direction- he was also trying to keep from smiling.

The moon was full that night, lighting up the landscape clearly-- even a human would be able to see.

Nakida was running. Fast. And she was panting. Hard.

Howls echoed behind her. She was being pursued. By unwanted visitors. The wolf woman ran faster.

~~~~~~~

Inuyasha' ears twitched at the howls, frowning is displeasure. They had settled down for the night, after travelling quite far the entire day.

Fire crackled softly as everyone slept peacefully. He, of course, was wide awake. His thoughts too chaotic and jumbled to allow him rest. Sigh. He was getting tired of being tired. And angry at everything. And pushing everyone away. Motoko was right...of course she was. But he had no plans of admitting to it any time soon.

Inuyasha's ears perked as the howls grew louder, his posture straightening, alert. He looked around them slowly. Watchful.

Sisumi's ears twitched, hearing the howls and slowly sat up, awakening. Something was wrong...

All three dog siblings woke up just moments after Sisumi. Miroku, the only human, woke last.
Motoko's, Hideki's, and Kina's ears twitched and moved in the same directions at the same time. They looked around alert and very awake.

They could feel it. Trouble was around the corner. They all stood up, readying themselves.

"No, Kina," Motoko warned. "You're not fighting. Stay back where it's safe, you hear me?"

Kina's eyes narrowed. "I can fight."

"I know you can. But you won't." Motoko wouldn't hear any more of it.

Hideki nodded to Kina, reassuring her that Motoko was right--it was best if she sat this one out. He then turned his head to Motoko.

"Who uses what first?" he asked her.

"I'll go shock. You go water. If trouble falls heavily on you, we'll switch," she said. Hideki agreed.

Clearly the others had no idea what they were talking about. They'd all soon find out though.

Shippo rubbed at his eyes as he awoke too. Even he could feel the danger approaching.

Sisumi stood, alert now. She was worried too.... she smelt blood...

The cat witnessed a figure run out of the cover of the trees, coming towards them. The figure was familiar.

"Nakida?" Sisumi asked, carefully. The scent wasn't wrong but the figure was too slow for it to be her friend.

The figure turned to them -- sure enough it was Nakida. The wolf woman turned a wide-eyed gaze to them. "Sisumi?!" She replied hastily. There was something in the tone of her voice; it was fear.

A long lone howl filled the air, growls could be heard nearby.

Nakida's head snapped in that direction, moving towards her group of friends but her legs buckled under her. She was covered in blood and injuries. There were bite marks all over her legs, her armor dented. Scratches covered her arms, ranging from deep to shallow. Nakida collapsed to the ground, still panting. SHe turned her wide eyes to Sisumi. "They're coming; run!"

The moment Nakida dropped to the ground, Hideki flew ahead for Motoko. He didn't care what was ahead, he just knew he had to help the injured wolf.

"Hideki! Wait!" Motoko shouted from behind.

"No!" he said without looking over his shoulder.

Shit, Motoko thought. She ran after him as fast as she could to catch up.

"Switch, Hideki! I'll cover you!" Motoko said when she got within ear shot of her brother again.

Almost instantaneously, Hideki's hands discharged a very subtle, violet spark. The possibility of others noticing was very small. Hideki ran faster toward Nakida, Motoko following close by but far enough away to avoid close combat.

Hideki sprinted now, hoping to get to Nakida in time.

"We're not running!" he called out to her.

Sisumi knew. They've come for Nakida multiple times and she could usual drive them away herself. But not tonight. It was a full moon. And it seems that they've been strengthened by it.

The cat clenched her fists. Sisumi was angry. Nakida never showed fear. She sprinted ahead, growling lowly. How dare they hurt her dearest friend!

Inuyasha was shocked. He's never seen Nakida afraid, not even in life-or-death situations. But that look in her eyes, it was true fear. Fear of what, he wasn't sure but he drew his tetsusaiga and charged. "Like hell!" He yelled back to Nakida angrilly, no one will run.

The shadows of at the trees moved. They were approaching the fallen Nakida, growls a murmurs being directed at her. Threat. Taunts.

Nakida's eyes widen even more, she feared for her friends. "NO!!" The wolf shouted as she tried to get up-- but failing. The full moon illuminated the landscape yet her friends could not see what was laying in wait in the shadows.

She smacked a hand on the ground, flames erupted and flickered, revealing three large wolves, crouching at the very edges of the tree line. Red eyes flickered and brightened as their mouths formed a nasty --almost mocking-- grin. These wolves were deformed. Grotesque. Like they came from Hell.

The twins ran faster toward the flames that Nakida created. The hellish wolves that chased her were finally revealed by the light of the fire.

"God damn," Hideki said under his breath. Regardless of the threat ahead, he kept moving with Motoko close behind.

"Nakida, I apologize in advance!" Motoko said.

The twin dog raised her hands in the direction of the injured wolf. One of her hands shook and released a blue hue that spun toward her and hovered above. It then engulfed Nakida. It killed the flames she created and remained around her. Motoko's other hand expelled water from her fingertips toward the area that the enemies were last seen.

"Hideki, go!" Motoko shouted.

As the water from Motoko's fingers hovered over Nakida and the barrier around her, Hideki raised his hands. Strong, purple sparks spun from his fingers and toward the water. The moment they collided a massive electrical shock smacked the entire radius, bringing blinding light with it.

"Did we hit them?!" Hideki said.

Nakida screamed as the electricity surged through her, her claws digging into the ground below her. The barrier mat have dulled most of the attack but Nakida still felt it. Her wounds continued to bleed out, the shock disrupting her healing ability. She was breathing heavily, completely unable to move now, her eyes watching the shadow wolves jump back from the water.

The wolves jumped up into the air, avoiding the shocks waves.

Sisumi leaped up at them, punching one in the forehead. The wolf was driven into the ground, a large crater formed in the ground from the blow.

"What the hell, Motoko?! Your barrier's too weak to shield her!" Hideki snapped at his sister. He moved closer and scooped the injured she-wolf in his arms, running in the opposite direction of the hellhounds. "Keep them off my ass if you can, huh?" he shouted back at Motoko as he bolted.

"Screw you, Hideki!" replied Motoko.

Motoko's hands sparked just as Hideki's did moments before and she zapped electricity in smaller portions at the threats ahead, careful to evade Sisumi. She did need to practice more. She was getting rusty.

"You're gonna be okay, Nakida," soothed Hideki as he ran with her in his arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.