FateGuard

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see how some of the others respond to the Bishop thing and what Tahan chooses.

Then I can use Corben and Malwin's daughters as plot hooks to the Shadow Weaver.

Sounds about right to me.

...could someone just tell me what to have Jenra doing? It's been a really rough couple of weeks for me and my brainpower is shot.

Er, no. We can't.

I think it might be time for a reboot. Have the FateGuard disbanded and only the ACTIVE characters return, either as vigilantes or a sidelined faction trying to get back into active service. One post in which we fall to the Bishop's provocation is all we need.

Pretty radical, given the politics of the situation.... but I think we're being weighed down by the inactive characters.

The question, if we did this, is what would happen to the blessings. Taking them with us into vigilantism would make us wanted men. Giving them up would mean we'll have to find whole new ways to fight the evil.

So would we do it as a time lapse thing if we did so? like years or months passed and where would we hide out, In the city? or do you intend to have more outside of the wall than what we actually know, possibly whole other human like places that have been kept secret in some odd conspiracy to keep everyone inside the walls where the Bishop and such can dictate everything. Will we let the story of the Shadow Weaver run to back burner for a while?

Come to think of it, the idea of them going outside the wall to actually find the truth is not horrible. It would make things interesting to present the idea that the government they'd served for so long is even more corrupt than they believed, idk though Im just spoutin off just wanna kinda know what the plan is.

I would prefer not to timeskip, since I like how the political events are unfolding day by day.

And the Shadow Weaver thing could play into this. If Corben finds his daughter missing he might loose his temper with the bishop and break protocol by leading the FateGuard outside.

It'll be a nice scandal to force the King to formally dissolve us.

I agree with that good for character development definitely. and to weed out the not active people, so that this can move along a little quicker.

In such a scenario Derek would take his blessings. With Alondite's strength enhancement and the armor's protection there's really no one there that can stop him. The big question there is what could the FateGuard do short of beating the tar out of Arcanium and the Wounded Hand having no one to obstruct their play time?

Alternatively what if some FateGuard went rogue while some stayed behind to keep a sort of foothold? FateGuard forced to hunt fugitive FateGuard when they're still all on the same side? Corben could go after the children and go rogue and while Derek stayed behind for some reason? To keep a foothold for the FateGuard in Gothenheim? Because he can't just give up resources he could be using to hunt the Wounded Hand and Arcanium? It would make the story focus more on the players for a while as opposed to whatever nasty rears it's head from behind the wall.

Maybe the queen, remembering how Derek protected her, convinces Ganthor to let Derek take command over the remnants?

That could also serve to create a division in public opinion. One side goes "Well some of them clearly weren't mad enough to go with Corben's plan," and the other goes "They still can't do anything right, bring on the legionnaires!"

I'm just spit-balling mind you. Any of these ideas sounding good?

Last edited:
If Derek tried to walk off with his blessings, an entire Mage's Guild would swat him like a fly. He's not any safer than the rest of us.

And this brings us to our next obstacle. I think a simple disbanding would cover most avenues. Some would turn vigilante, some would take new roles with the king/chuch/guild, some would retire. But if this happens our blessings WILL be deactivated.

I have no problem with this, because Corben barely uses his blessings and is a great character without them. Same for Tahan and Malwin and most of the other players.

But you, Delnoir, are the spanner in the works in that regard. Since you won't even take your armour off while eating dinner, I doubt you'll be onboard for losing the gear that (as you keep telling us) makes you super strong and invincible.

So I guess you're becoming the new general of the king's armies, with special privileges to keep his shinies.

If that works out plot wise then I guess it works out.

Guess Derek is going to need to learn to deal with Ganthor sooner than he thought. Also I apologize for reemphasizing points. I really need to stop putting my train of thought in every goddamn post I do. >_<

Would that mean Arias would lose his ability to be heard and inspire? in the harshest conditions.

I dunno.

Maybe we can all try and hide from the mages and clerics who want to take our blessings away.

I'm still trying to think of a solution.

kk either way works to me I don't mind opposition.

Sorry for the period of inactivity from me. Had to go back to the Hospital... er... the ER to be precise because of my incisions decided to scare the hell out of me by expelling out EVERYTHING. Leaving just a hole.

A freaking hole. A good-sized hole.

They upped the antibiotics I'm on and I'm still a little out of it. Sorry I've not been keepin up with you guys as well as I should. I really do really fucking love this RP. Honestly it cheered me up a little bit to be able to focus on this while I was unable to work and still healing up and recovering from surgery. Plus, I had Asmo-posts to read. Which are like tiny little narrating novels in and of themselves.

Here's how my vote sways.

We lose our Blessings...has to be done if the Mage guild can find us through them. There's no reason we can't carry on without them or even find other ways to fight the darkness...as was said.

Remember, there was an entire holy something beneath our feet...the Rove Maw. Malwin would lead you back to a place where there are artifacts that were kept in case of trouble.

We'd have to go back down there...but most of the danger is gone now.

I'm just saying that if you need a magic weapon, I have an in to get you one...but make sure you really need it first. Might be better off if we got to a point where some in the Mage guild might be convinced to rethink their loyalties and return the blessings.

Also we can see a bunch of inactive Fateguarders mowed down when they try to resist.

Since this is day by day, Malwin is still pretty weak...not incapable, just weak....so someone is gonna have to drag him along for a little bit. I can fast-track his recovery, but he really needs a full night's rest...at least, to get back on his feet.

Reactions: Asmodeus
Getting back into the Rove Maw for the rest of the FateGuard would make for an interesting sneak segment similar to the chapter we were hunting the others down. The Mages Guild and Church are crawling all over that site if memory serves.

Maybe Derek can play "Man on the inside" if this stint as Ganthor's general thing is for reals and not just an Asmo snark in my direction? Someone one with an ear to the ground so the FateGuard isn't completely out of the loop? It could serve as an interesting outlet to how the Crown, Mages, and Church interact with one another, something that hasn't really had an opportunity to be seen.

Last edited:
Okay, no more pussy-footing around.

Chaos, you need to lose the blessings. Letting you keep them and no one else is ridiculous. The Wounded Hand has wrecked our reputation and the FateGuard are being replaced by the Legionnaires.

As Jack said, we can find new items in the catacombs or from old friends. We can even get reinstated further down the line. But for now, we're going squishy and our character development will be all the better for it. I'll make sure there are plenty of lootable shinies on the road ahead.

I'll write up a conclusion post shortly. They'll be a timeskip of maybe one or two days during the crossover.

Pussy-footing?

Yes... I should say that more.

So on that note should we be thinking of powers these other relics will have when we attain them? Are we treating this like a pseudo holy/magic blessing thing where we're doing a mini-character creation style thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.