FateGuard

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's dying :fryingpan:

Woo! Death by bleed out! (Maybe)
That's how the cool kids go out these days.

Unless of course... Someone pulls some freaky voodoo shit from their ass properly mends Althera, and doesn't get crushed in the process...
Hey, a life without risk is no life at all. ~While I write this I'm nice and comfy in my bed, tea on one side, banana chips on the other. Such a badass.

I think what seems the best is to assume my post came after Woodrat's, so I'm just going to assume that.

Woo! Death by bleed out! (Maybe)
That's how the cool kids go out these days.

Unless of course... Someone pulls some freaky voodoo shit from their ass properly mends Althera, and doesn't get crushed in the process...
Hey, a life without risk is no life at all. ~While I write this I'm nice and comfy in my bed, tea on one side, banana chips on the other. Such a badass.

I'd like to think that the FateGuard has gotten good at impromptu field bandaging.

Anyway, normally I'd pounce on that opening but it's a bit soon to be doing that until the others post. I'll give it time.

I'd like to think that the FateGuard has gotten good at impromptu field bandaging.

Anyway, normally I'd pounce on that opening but it's a bit soon to be doing that until the others post. I'll give it time.

I guessed as much, I just couldn't leave an opportunity to say something similar to that un-taken.

Are we:

a) fighting in parallel worlds with the snake, or

b) fighting a hydra?

Are we:

a) fighting in parallel worlds with the snake, or

b) fighting a hydra?

Gotterdammerung! You were referring to the friggin' giant snake in your late post? That was the thing you killed?
Cuz' if that were so, then I believe that either the posts' chronology is all messed up, or three people (or maybe four; Seraphinia's post somehow doesn't line up with yer late post) just retconned you...

I think the way it goes is.

Snake appears, Janus flees, Derek gets buried. Althera gets snake smooshed, works on rescuing Derek.

Alwyn pokes it in the eye, gets tossed. Derek gets free from rubble, Althera goes nap. Janus arrives at the dog bar.

Tahan has one off against the snake, and tosses magical ropes on the ground? I'm not exactly sure what the ropes are doing. Alwyn attempts to stop death via makeshift bandages and tears; Derek has one off versus snake after Tahan. Janus flees dog bar with a few furry/snakey hounds in tow.

Janus re-arrives at the town square Benny Hill style with hounds nipping at his heels, the snake is I think currently distracted by said antics and watching Janus and the hounds. Which leaves it open for someone to do a heroic attack on its exposed neck once more.

Interspersed throughout the entire timeline the rest of the FateGuard members are either slicin' away at the snake or were stunned by its initial attack (I noted a FateGuard member slicing at it earlier, and someone else yelling something in my post which could've been anyone really).

Anyways I think that's the current timeline, not exactly sure.

[EDIT] Wait, the ropes were supposed to kill the giant snake?

• Thank You
Reactions: Miki and RiverNotch
Ropes aren't doing anything yet buddy. If they did it would be written ...

Why do I have the feeling that we're all just as confused as our characters about this?

Except you DID write that the snakes they touched were dying, so yeah, the rope is doing something.

I'll let you all figure this out but all I know is this: this magical soul rope from the mages (And why the mages now when you work for the Church?) had best be Asmo sanctioned because if you're seriously pulling what you did in chapter one by doing one thing and resolving the issue of the night I'm going to be more than a little irked.

It's doing something, but I haven't written about it. Is that a problem - do you know something that I don't? If you're worried about the limelight being stolen, I'm not concerned about that at all, so you can keep it.

Also, explain why you would be irked? You never outline exactly where I was toeing the line (and this has happened a lot in the past), which is very confusing whenever people, in your opinion, seem to go past what you deem to be acceptable or not.

As for the origins and motivations behind the rope, it was something that came to me after browsing the faction backgrounds on the first page. I don't have a problem with changing it to be something the Church developed, and I tried to keep the magic subtle, but it seems to open the way to introducing the Eldritch guild's plot later in the game, from what I've read.

Anyways, I am still confused about what boss snake is doing, considering respect for post order is gone with the past few posts. Regardless of how people feel for me as a writer or whatever character I have, it seems reasonable to expect that people would attempt to obey continuity as shown in post order and action.

Delicious nostalgia.

I'll read shortly and see if I can uncoil this scene.

That's otter logic right there. Hooray! In jokes the newcomers will never get!

Status
Not open for further replies.