FateGuard

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
...So...

Awesome.

What was retconned with this reboot?

Chapter 6 was a fake chapter told by the grandma who was actually one of the witches that abducted the children in chapter five. The FateGuard saved the kids at the end of the chapter and slew the witch.

So basically this is continuing from chapter 5.

Hmm. So Malwin's daughter is back?

Anyone got ideas for a Chapter 2 threat?

So are you guys still taking applications? I'm looking to embed myself into a good roleplay in which I know has a good measure of interest.

Okay... Bad news. (for me)
Due to recent events, today is the last day I will be on Iwaku for maybe... Two months?
Giving everyone a heads up, and flinging an OK to whomever feels the need to nail Althera to the Woodrat-supporting-kerosene-soaked-Jack-Man-Wolfsin-Burning-Scorpion-Ditch-Wood-Cross.
Or just take her over for the time being, who knows?

No worries, I mean she took some serious injuries right? We can just state that she needs time to recover.

That works right?

Reactions: Asmodeus
I think a debate for moving outside the walls would be fun.

Yeah. A debate that ends with the side who opposes it "winning", as another threat from outside the walls attacks the city.

Last edited:
Gah. My alerts apparently decided to crap out on me. I'm up for whatever, frankly.

I move for going outside the walls as well- Working on being able to put in time for the char sheet again, and making sure I'm up to date on posts.

Name: Alyss Owl

Appearance:

Reputation: Once upon a time, Alyss was a skilled marksman with her bow and arrow, though as time went on and her mental focus slipped from her due to emotional troubles and a lack of skill or understanding on controlling a rather odd trait of ice, she began to study up on more close-range tactics. Right now she has taken a leave from the FateGuard to strengthen herself up again, hone in on her goals and her skills. Only time will tell whether this will work and lead to something of note or not. All that is known for now is that in her absence, rumors have been flying- speculation as to why she is never seen anymore.

Royal Blessing: Her original blessing, her bow given to her by Kael, her teacher and traitor to FateGuard, lays broken in a heavily locked chest- a sense of betrayal and shame is associated with it, and yet, she cannot bring herself to fully destroy it. In this time, she has asked for only one simple thing- a cloak to help hide her ever lessening control on her abilities- with it, she can hide the frost ever accumulating on her skin, able to hide her lack of control in times of need.

Holy Blessing: When she was younger her body was blessed to withstand the absence of heat that it held. In consequence, her metabolism is higher, requiring more food ad drink than other women of her size and stature.

Magic Blessing: Dragon's Breath, an amulet, was her original blessing, but she has since discarded it, seeing it as nothing more than a bandage hiding a festering wound. It was meant to help conceal her powers, but in doing so, she has not learned how to control herself. Now she has merely acquired an item to help bring her peace-Dragon's Blood. A small vial of shimmering red liquid that brings her mental clarity and control- but at a price of physical pain coursing through her body for an hour- not practical for battle, she uses it to help her focus on her studies of how to calm herself and control her powers. She hides this blessing due to the fact of the pain. She worries what some might think if they saw her seeking out this physical anguish just for an hour of peace.

Legend: With someone like Alyss, there's no use in discrediting any legends. More spring up daily, and whether they are true or not does not matter- The people like to gossip about how she came from beyond the walls as a child, how eerily quiet and cold she was. As she grew older, the gossip morphed- she was seducing the Healer who raised her, she was a demon, she bore ill-will against the King, anyone who touched her was cursed, she couldn't be trusted, She's living with Derek right now because they are eloping- (Another version is that he has taken on the duty of locking her away in his home, as per reasoning of other gossip), the FateGuard put her off duty for some horrid reason (The reason changes from person to person). Currently the biggest story is that if you see her at night, her eyes will flash like an animal's and her breath turns air foggy and frigid. She's not the most talkitive outside FateGuard, which only helps imaginations run wild.

Off-Duty: Living with Derek right now, she hides away, hoping to find a way to control herself. She wishes to join back into the FateGuard but fears jumping back in too soon and letting onto her lack of control- her decision was made a while back when Corben had taken notice of the frost on her skin, it was merely a matter of time before she acted on it. She's doing all she can to figure out a way to change herself to better suit her path. She practices her archery, close-range combat and reads up on the Healer's old books for answers about herself, cloistering herself away until she is nothing more than a hermit living in Derek's house. She's all but silent again, her emotional outbursts have simmered down, though she does admit to Derek from time to time when she requires help getting herbs she needs to help her condition when she cannot go and get them herself- fearing that even the cloak can't conceal her at her worst points.

Vet or Wet?: Vet, on temporary leave to better herself.

So er now that I have a little time should i post still, or wait til we start next chapter?

Frankly at this point I think most of us are just waiting on management to get a moment away from his Mass RP to check in on his small, eldritch abomination besieged home town.

:(

I'm getting some new GMs onboard for the mass roleplay.

Maybe... just maybe...

*Sets up several tents and a campfire next to the trench/ditch*

*Sets up a tavern alongside Woodrat's tent*

*wonders what a glamping tent is. Also visits the tavern while he wonders.*

Status
Not open for further replies.