FateGuard

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then someone better kill the god damned thing then before I go edit my post so Derek DOES hit the brain.

Well that was fun. That was the first real battle scene we've had since the Rove Maw.

As for the dogs chasing you Janus...I dunno, something killed them. Since we were trying to end a scene I personally couldn't find a way to fit "Oh and then they killed the dogs chasing Janus around" into any of my posts without making the flow feel disjointed and that's already happened once today already. Maybe Tahan's soul death rope thingie got them.

Why the feck did this not notify me that there was posting in this thread and that I'd been crossed?

*grumbles*

Retconn'd my earlier post. Really really sorry that I didn't do it earlier. I didn't notice people had posted in this thread cause my alerts were apparently broken.

As for the dogs chasing you Janus...I dunno, something killed them. Since we were trying to end a scene I personally couldn't find a way to fit "Oh and then they killed the dogs chasing Janus around" into any of my posts without making the flow feel disjointed and that's already happened once today already. Maybe Tahan's soul death rope thingie got them.

We could have it as the FateGuard who are/were/is unaccounted for killed the mutts. Or the trap card Tahan has. Or ... something. My character can't deal with them so... I dunno

"Tentacle looking bastard."

Oh! Oh! I have an idea for the next monster of the wee- *the cross breaks, sending Woodrat into the pit*

Reactions: Excesmyr
Well that was fun. That was the first real battle scene we've had since the Rove Maw.

Hmm.... Maybe Janus returns to the scene, but instead of ten ferocious man-eating abominations chasing him, it's ten cute little dogs in need of a master?

I mean, I guess the FateGuard would do well with a few cute dogs at their side... dog is quite delicious dogs are quite lovely companions...

This is Asmo...

He'd find a way to make you love the dogs and then kill them in a most brutal and sad fashion.

This is why we can't have cute things.

• Thank You
Reactions: IceChateau777
There are no cute dogs in Gotheheim (except Tahan). These are strays that were fucking other strays in the alleys (like Malwin).

• Thank You
You could say that.

Hurr hurr.

Reactions: RiverNotch
WOOF!

7qotN62.jpg

• Love
Short post. Mass Roleplay launch distractions. Hopefully it's enough for you all to work with.

• Love
An interesting direction could be to spend the next chapter debating about extending the city, deforesting the surrounding area, and establishing farmed land. It would get the FateGuard closer to the dangers of the outside as well and the many other subplots dwelling in the background.

HERESY!

That'll entail same major wall modifications.

• Thank You
The idea of Expansion is actually a really good thought. The City has to have some longing to be more than what it already is. The people that rule live high enough to not constantly worry over survival so It only seems right they might get greedy and attempt to do more. especially if the Fateguard stays on a "winning" spree. They will get ballsy. Anyways post coming either later tonight, or tomorrow sometime.

An interesting direction could be to spend the next chapter debating about extending the city, deforesting the surrounding area, and establishing farmed land. It would get the FateGuard closer to the dangers of the outside as well and the many other subplots dwelling in the background.

City starts starving, everyone's a dyin', and meanwhile the Guard keeps winnin' and winnin'. Then... Boom! The Guard finds out they've been manipulated, with most of their wins being researches done by the Eldritch Guild: turns out the Guild's been working with the Crown and Church to covertly expand the city, to save it from starvation. But then something big goes wrong, and bam! Major lateral. And then the Guard'll need to fight the outside without the walls' protection, while trying to beat the bureaucrats from endangering the city more.

If you check the faction Chess symbols on Page 1, you'll see that the Guild certainly wants that, as does the king. Not so much the Church. They're happy to stay put.

Status
Not open for further replies.