Fate/Mark Last OOC and signups

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...I don't think that the mages should be able to see their resistances or skills from the very start. It'd be more fun finding out a servant's resistances and weaknesses to certain elements during the rp, in my opinion.

I think it is better if we don't do that since it'll plain expose half the cast's identities with complete obviousness. Not too concerned about giving an edge to caster because it isn't. Everyone knows that the 3 knight classes have the magical resistance class skill and that Saber tends to have the highest at norm. And unless they're Joan of Arc or something, even with an A rank magical resistance, Caster is using stuff beyond mere greater thaumaturgy and high ranking magic. Where a modern magus would be useless, try standing still and Caster could probably turn you into swiss cheese.

Didn't really know about the homunculus thing but I stand corrected? Is Luca supposed to be a vessel? If he isn't, you can prettymuch ignore, then.

Oh, just noticed that Casters class skills are missing, like on the first page, and the lancer image is broken.

Is everyone approved and ready? :O

I think it is better if we don't do that since it'll plain expose half the cast's identities with complete obviousness. Not too concerned about giving an edge to caster because it isn't. Everyone knows that the 3 knight classes have the magical resistance class skill and that Saber tends to have the highest at norm. And unless they're Joan of Arc or something, even with an A rank magical resistance, Caster is using stuff beyond mere greater thaumaturgy and high ranking magic. Where a modern magus would be useless, try standing still and Caster could probably turn you into swiss cheese.

Didn't really know about the homunculus thing but I stand corrected? Is Luca supposed to be a vessel? If he isn't, you can prettymuch ignore, then.
Nope, he's not a vessel. Is he approved?

I see lancer just fine. Caster is unlisted since I'm waiting for final confirmation. There was balancing work involved and a bunch of discussions got rendered useless since I got pretty generous. A lot of the servants ended up quite a few ranks higher than early drafts or whatever. So prettymuch just waiting for one pm for the final product.

Yes, Mosaic.

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
So wait, who is the master of Assassin and Archer? It isn't listed on the first page.

Is it Accelerator's character who is the master of Assassin? Making Mosaic's character the master of Archer? Or is it the opposite?

Accelerator is My Master.

Mosaic is the Master of Archer

I also have a question. How should the outcome for the fights be decided? Should it be like dungeon and dragons in which the gm rolls a dice to determine whether the player's action failed or succeeded? I have an idea about how the servant's stats can affect the number rolled, depending on the action that they're trying to take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skill based. I randomize to spice things up like servant randomization. I will never obligate you to lose based on chance. Just follow all common courtesy rules and do your best. There are any number of strategies you can employ to tip the scales in your favor. Researching your opponents, eating humans for prana, setting up your ideal battlefield, playing other masters against each other, banding together with other masters to gang up on another... There's countless methods and finally skill in the actual combat. A lot of your survival will be dependent upon your ability to gauge what is a good fight to fight and which should be avoided. Sometimes even a won fight should be avoided since the result would be heavy injury and getting jumped by 2 more servants on your way back home.

Eat all the humans so the church is all like "Fuck. Tell all the Masters to kill that bastard and whoever lands the killing blow gets an extra Command Seal"

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Lol

Alright. I guess if another player is pretty much screwed during a fight, they'll have no choice but to die..or surrender.

Unless someone is like Kiritsugu Emiya. Then it doesn't matter if you surrender

I don't care what people say, Emiya was a dick.

Speaking of killing humans...Nevvy can I add Bounded Field to Luca's skills? He would want to gather more mana for his servant :D

Unless someone is like Kiritsugu Emiya. Then it doesn't matter if you surrender

I don't care what people say, Emiya was a dick.

Lol...yeah that whole thing with Lancer's master was messed up. But I think that most participants of the holy grail war have that mentally. They're willing to kill other people in order to grant their own wish. Good masters like Rin and Shirou are rare.

Might spoil something for those who haven't seen F/Z

I don't care about how he killed the Master. Forcing him into Lancer committing suicide was a low move. Made me lose all my respect for that character >.>

Haha, if a master uses one of the command seals wrong, it could lead to the defeat of the servant. I wonder how all thos would go.

Would want to is much less important than "Can he?" If it makes sense, go ahead. And I think it probably does make sense.

Edge, even he knew he was. He just considered it necessary. It didn't make him less badass, though.

The church is actually NOT in charge of overseeing this one. The mage's association did a table flip since before so they actually went and sent their own in (If Phantom's overseer is more neutral, I'll leave it at one. If the overseer is more lopsided, I'll add another mostly inactive one just to act as the representation for the "other side" of the mage's association). So they won't flip out that hard over a bunch of human killing. If you killed enough, maybe but they'd take a lot more bs and wanton slaughter than a church overseer. Yes, if that happens, the command spell reward may also happen.

If someone's pretty screwed, then they'd better think about how to get unscrewed or prepare themselves to get squished. Whether they run, bargain, die like a dog, etc is none of my business but I suggest at least trying to not die like a dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.