Farthern Legends

"Eclipse, nephew, watch the flame. Not many know it still exist, and those that do are not our friends." Patch said, glancing at his son with a gentle laugh before turning his attention back to Jin'ichi. "The future is not written in stone, human. I thought it once was, but I find now that it is a different story." He rolled his massive shoulder, looking at Nairi before turning his gaze to the human again. "But, we can try to convince her to stay with us. I promise nothing, however; it is her choice and her choice alone."

Eclipse coverd his mouth preventing any more flames from escapeing.

Patch laughed quietly at his son, remember a time he'd done the same thing. "Tell the flame to stop; it'll listen. I told you, it has a mind of it's own, and that's it's sense of humor coming through."

Eclipse nodded as he spoke. " Dragon's flame please be calm you will be used soon. " he said with a smile.

Eva's excitement grew to the point she was fidgeting the closer they came. Having never seen the coast before she just couldn't help it. She was tempted to act like a child and continuously ask 'Are we there yet?' but held her tongue though it took a bit of effort and tongue biting. Her eyes darted constantly from the scene before them to Patch, Jin'ichi, Eclipse, Nairi, and back again to the ocean. When she realized how she was acting, it shocked her. She was happy. Among friends, and soon to be friends, a warm smile crossed her face. It had been a long time since Eva had allowed herself happiness, and just as long since she had friends. A burst of laughter escaped her lips, and she covered her mouth quickly like Eclipse had as if to stop the sound. A bright red colored her cheeks and she shook her head. "Wonderful." She said quietly to herself.

"That's a new side of you, Eva. I think I like it better than the other one." Patch said, chuckling and rolling his massive shoulder before nodding lightly to his son. "Very good, Eclipse, very good." Sixteen years was a long time to make up, but he could do it and it wouldn't be to much trouble. Or he hoped, anyway.

Nairi's ears twitched as she moved her body with precise movements. She had launched herself toward Eva as she reached her hand out and slapped something out of the air. She smashed into the ground as she could feel her body collide against the ground. All the pain from before seemed to intensify as her muscles clenched around her body and could feel the tears and bruises surrounding her body. She nearly screamed as she looked into the palm of her hand.

'Another arrow...' She could see a hole through her hand as it convulsed. She stood to her feet and began to breath roughly as she began to sway in rhythm as something began to leak from her wounds. It seemed to be some form of darkness that continued to creep out of her. What seemed to be another version of her began to appear alongside her.

Jin'ichi cursed as he grabbed at Nairi and shielded her from an onslaught of arrows that began to rain upon them. He grabbed at his chains and his shadow seemed to dance among her. The wound that had appeared in her hand began to fade away as Jin'ichi's hand began to bleed.

Eclipse grrowled as he commanded the fire to sarround them in a ball burning anything that got close to them that ment them ahrm. " Damnit! " He said. " Why do these people have to ruin a good moment? " He said again as he shot a fire ball out hitting one of their attackers burning him to a crisp. " ANYONE ELSE WANT ANY?!! " HE screamed as his eyes started to glow brightly.

The being that was set on fire began to walk forward as he reached out in desperation as his body began to disappear as the flames ate away at him. As he looked at the group before him he tried to utter some words as the fire finally enveloped him and ash began to replace him.

As he vanished, another rushed forward and screamed in anguish as she fell to her knees in front of the pile of ash that was once an ally. Her shrieks piercing the air as she frantically grabbed at the dirt where her ally once stood.

As her group watched on they began to lower their bows and cautiously pulled out some knives and daggers as they carefully grabbed their distraught friend and began to retreat miserably. The cries still echoing throughout the area as they looked at the group. They carried red cloaks with leather masks covering their mouths. They had a cross on their back wrapped by a dark circle.

As some retreated one began to curse in a strange language and turned and fired another arrow rapidly towards the groups direction. As it left her hand she grabbed at a knife in her pocket and rushed forward.

Her group watched as she still decided to go after them by herself.

Eclipse smirked as he rushed forward running through the fire he would be unharmed he flipped over and placed her in a sleeper hold. " Shhhhhh just go to sleep. " He whisperd as he tightend his grip.

The being pulled out of his hold as if she was made of water. She left her cloak in her place as it began to sizzle. Numerous amount of explosives were strapped to it as her arrow she had shot previously began to scatter smoke. She pulled out a match ready to set it alight as she stared at each of them. "Demons... Monsters..." She was human and had scarlet hair. Her eyes were silver as if mimicking small moons. She move carefully as the smoke faded.

As the smoke cleard eclipse had his sword out and ready. " You really do not want this ma'am. " He said as his eyes glowed brightly his ferral form showing more than anything now.

"If you want to kill me. You have to try harder than that." She replied as she pulled another arrow quickly. "You just killed my sister's childhood friend. You are the one who is blind if you think I do not want this." She watched as the smoke finally cleared and multiple cloaked figures began to appear surrounding him. They didn't seem to be like the lively ones that they fought earlier but as they pulled themselves from the ground they began to all focus on Eclipse.

Eclipse closed his eyes as he mutterd something in a forgotten languege. The fire from the amulate would cover him in what seemed to be like body armor. " If this is what you want then you will get it. " He said as he sighhed then took out the cloaked figures with ease. He then brought his attention to the woman. Your last chance to run..... " He said as he finally took on his ferral form now standing on all four paws the, fire now becomeing one with his fur. He had the sword in his maw as he looked straight at the woman.

"You already did the damage." She smiled as she began to walk away from Eclipse. "Just remember this lesson from your adventures on young one... An eye for an eye." She replied as she escaped with her group.

The cloaked figures he had attacked were pieces of wood or even large branches which were smashed by his power but one of them was beginning to cough and collapse toward the ground. As it began to move Nairi began to scream as she realized that Jin'ichi was not holding her anymore but a large wooden stick which had encased her body as if it was once alive.

Jin'ichi removed the cloak from among his body as he grabbed at his stomach which was releasing tons of his blood. He could feel himself try to heave something as he looked at the group with a smile. "Those were illusionists..." He replied softly as his body hit the floor.

Eclipse ran to the human as he looked at him still in his ferral form.

"I'm still alive..." Jin'cihi coughed as he turned toward Eclipse and revealed a bit of armor underneath his shirt. "You got one hell of an attack, I'll admit that. Definitely shouldn't worry about another attack with something like that just please don't aim that at me." He replied as he watched as Nairi came over and began to try and heal his stomach. She was a bit frightened but as she looked she was glad to see he was still breathing.

Patch growled, eyes looking at his son. That...that power was a curse. It was the demon that Patch had; controlled but not. "Eclipse, send that away and do it now." His voice was strained but firm; it wouldn't have his son, never would he let that happen. He looked at Jin'ichi, flicking his muzzle and watching the dragon flame respond. The flame went to the human, healing the wound as Patch growled again, "Explain what just occurred to me."

Eclipse returned to his normal form as he dusted himself off. " Well we were attacked.. " He said as he looked to jin'ichi. " He said they were illusionists.. What ever that is. " He said resheathing his sword.

Eva stood still watching the treeline. The smile that had lightened her face before had disappeared, replaced by a hard scowl. The woman who threatened Eclipse should not have lived. Revenge was a nasty disease, and Eva knew that woman would carry it with her until she would be able to act upon it. She shook her head and walked closer to her group, her chartreuse eyes still flicking back to the place the attackers came from. "I don't particularly care what happened. I want to know why they attacked us." The black stripes on her pale skin that would normally be near invisible were dark and obvious, and her equally striped orange and black tail twitched and flicked irritably. "I thought illusionists were solitary, Jin'ichi."