Farbe Anti-Terror Magical RP (Sign-Ups/OOC)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
@RareSecret
You do know you don't have to shoulder the burden completely on your own, right? Running an RP can sometimes seem a daunting task, especially as we've all got things in life to deal with.

One good thing to do is generally to have someone you trust help as co-GM. They can help you manage and keep story arcs going at times when you're busy elsewhere. Likewise, it's always good to get feedback from others and get a feel for how the players are feeling. Sometimes things start to stagnate, and then you've simply gotta switch up the story a bit. Jump forward to overcome a minor bump, etc. But ultimately, what it all boils down to is communication. Open lines of communication work miracles, and goes both ways. You are effectively the Manager of the rp, and by keeping us in the loop of what's going on, it'll help calm nerves. And by the players keeping you informed about their ideas, concerns, etc., it can help you formulate the plans to keep the RP running smoothly.

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Magenta? Sure, I'll look into the profile. xD

You do know you don't have to shoulder the burden completely on your own, right? Running an RP can sometimes seem a daunting task, especially as we've all got things in life to deal with.
One good thing to do is generally to have someone you trust help as co-GM. They can help you manage and keep story arcs going at times when you're busy elsewhere. Likewise, it's always good to get feedback from others and get a feel for how the players are feeling. Sometimes things start to stagnate, and then you've simply gotta switch up the story a bit. Jump forward to overcome a minor bump, etc. But ultimately, what it all boils down to is communication. Open lines of communication work miracles, and goes both ways. You are effectively the Manager of the rp, and by keeping us in the loop of what's going on, it'll help calm nerves. And by the players keeping you informed about their ideas, concerns, etc., it can help you formulate the plans to keep the RP running smoothly.
Nicely put, there's plenty of people who'd be happy to help with arcs, ideas and such.

<3 Magenta's Overall character, I'd be happy to RP as him. :D

• Love
That is true. Anyways, Taguel is out for now because of lack of activity so anyone is able to take their spot now. I'm just resting on the fact that the other Roleplayers won't respond until there is another post up. I wanted to do a GM post but I was just waiting on Magenta.

@Black Orchid

YES! Go ahead an make a post if you are able to.

• Love
Reactions: Sav
@RareSecret @BlackOrchid

Might also consider perhaps another color as well if Black Orchid doesn't like Magenta? Like... maybe Orchid? xD Which, ironically, is pretty much a magenta.

But yeah, some of us have taken over a character and made a new sheet entirely. I think the option is there to take the original character, modify it for your own usage, or make a new one. I'd like to actually suggest making a new character altogether, though, considering that rights to the character kinda actually belong to the rper, and should they decide to come back ( on another arc, replacement, etc. ) they can still utilize their character.

It's fairly easy to say "such and such happened" and explain the reason why the character was absent, and how/where they're returning.

-edit-

Also, we kinda can't post until you post, Rare. I managed to take care of the situation with the prisoners ( sorry, felt it had to be done to move beyond the argument that was swiftly becoming apparent ), so now we're waiting on the 1x1's for practice. Though, just to throw this out there, we may wish to decide if we might not need to just fade that particular scene to black and move forward or not. At the moment, it seems that confining everyone to a specific point where we all have no choice but to wait until the others have posted is kinda bottle necking things. Maybe moving to a point to where we have more freedom of movement may help to push things along? Up to you and the others of course.

What I was planning that it was them all along. For example, the switch from White #2 to White #3. It was the same White in the same position in a way. To everybody else it seems like they were there all along and there was never a switch out.

What I was planning that it was them all along. For example, the switch from White #2 to White #3. It was the same White in the same position in a way. To everybody else it seems like they were there all along and there was never a switch out.
understandable. So if a player who originally posted interest in the rp comes back, would they simply have to make a new character?

Nope. One of them would do the switch out if they planned to. The switch out would be of the old character.

Okay, just to be crystal clear. GM I am playing Magenta/Orchid or am I creating a new character entirely? Either would suit me. However if magenta is the one who progresses the plot, I'd rather play him. ;x

• Love
I'm eager to post. Lol, but beware I tend to write walls of text.

Magenta isn't the one who progresses the plot. He's a main character like all of Farbe but currently the character hasn't been doing anything with him. I believe creating a character yourself is a better because you know what type of person you are going for and what you want to accomplish with them. Playing another person's character is great but you can easily lose sight of them.

Reactions: Sav
Perfect, so I'm playing one of the kids right? I'll have the form up in a Mo

Okay, just to be crystal clear. GM I am playing Magenta/Orchid or am I creating a new character entirely? Either would suit me. However if magenta is the one who progresses the plot, I'd rather play him. ;x
Your character has a name, however he/she is unaware of the name they were born with.

They've been part of an organization since sometime before their second year of age.

They've also been allocated a "color" as a name, thus why each of us refer to one another character as the color which we've been given.

So, if you chose Orchid as your color, that would be your characters designated name ( until the time they figure out who they really are ).

-edit-

Also, in answer to the next question, yes you'd be one of the kids. Age range 6-18 if I'm not mistaken.

Gotcha, I'll get to work now.

So can someone give me a quick summary of what has happened thus far?

Gotcha, I'll get to work now.
So can someone give me a quick summary of what has happened thus far?
good lord that text is hard as hell to read xD

To sum things up, it started in the break room. Green, Red, and Brown are overprotective of the younger members ( Yellow and White ) and try to shield them from the harsh realities of the life they find themselves in. These babying antics pissed Orange off and led to an argument.

Farbe is kinda your typical secret government agency experimenting with new things. So life at Farbe is very isolated, and the kids are treated more or less as test subjects being formed into weapons for their abilities. The kids have grown up among one another, and so are somewhat like a family. However, as some of them have gotten older, they've begun to realize that life in the facility isn't all there is to life, and they're beginning to resent it. Some openly ( like Brown and Green ) and others more covertly ( Like Orange and Blue ). Finally there are others like Purple who seem to agree with what Farbe stands for, and Gray who is just kinda crazy.

Ultimately it's moved on to after lunch at Farbe, and they're about to begin the group training which involves all the kids working together to utilize and develop their abilities. This seems to be both against other obstacles and each other.

One of the things that the scientists at Farbe decided to do for that day was to convince the kids to kill some prisoners that they had captured. They were each supposed to kill one prisoner, but most of the kids were angry at having to do this. Blue decided to test something out with his abilities, and killed all the Prisoners with the help of Orange's power to boost his own. Afterwards, he's fallen unconscious and I'm guessing things are about to progress to sparring ( although I'd suggest moving forward a little bit so we're not hemmed up in this room. First mission or something like that ).

• Love
good lord that text is hard as hell to read xD
To sum things up, it started in the break room. Green, Red, and Brown are overprotective of the younger members ( Yellow and White ) and try to shield them from the harsh realities of the life they find themselves in. These babying antics pissed Orange off and led to an argument.
Farbe is kinda your typical secret government agency experimenting with new things. So life at Farbe is very isolated, and the kids are treated more or less as test subjects being formed into weapons for their abilities. The kids have grown up among one another, and so are somewhat like a family. However, as some of them have gotten older, they've begun to realize that life in the facility isn't all there is to life, and they're beginning to resent it. Some openly ( like Brown and Green ) and others more covertly ( Like Orange and Blue ). Finally there are others like Purple who seem to agree with what Farbe stands for, and Gray who is just kinda crazy.
Ultimately it's moved on to after lunch at Farbe, and they're about to begin the group training which involves all the kids working together to utilize and develop their abilities. This seems to be both against other obstacles and each other.
One of the things that the scientists at Farbe decided to do for that day was to convince the kids to kill some prisoners that they had captured. They were each supposed to kill one prisoner, but most of the kids were angry at having to do this. Blue decided to test something out with his abilities, and killed all the Prisoners with the help of Orange's power to boost his own. Afterwards, he's fallen unconscious and I'm guessing things are about to progress to sparring ( although I'd suggest moving forward a little bit so we're not hemmed up in this room. First mission or something like that ).
Sorry about the Text!

Okay, I got it. Thanks!

What I wanted to was sparring so that there was so time to get the role-players to feel out how they want the powers to go. Time skip. Then a terrorist mission. Yay?

*Secretly hoping/anxiously awaiting Green getting punished.*
I wouldn't go as far as to say Green openly resents Farbe. Up until this heat-of-the-moment rage they triggered by trying to force them all to murder with no real reason, she never resisted or showed any spite of the place. She wasn't overly fond of it, but she goes quietly. But now she's really pissed. I'm thinking, since she'll obviously be punished, that will most likely push her back into her shell. Though, there's no way of saying she'll be exactly the same as she was before, 'cause now they've pushed her to the brink.