Farbe An Anti-Terror Magical RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. You'd think I would be up and awake by now since I woke up at 5am... But nope. Going on 9 and I'm still like, "I NEED MY COFFEE T.T"

Ah, sorry for not replying, I should probably get on earlier. Anyway...
Also, speaking about Potentially OP powers. First, I meant no offense and this is my opinion alone, take it with a grain of salt. :) I have a concern regarding Yellow's Mimicry powers (I don't mind about her Eidetic Memory).

She is basically a god in physical form as she can mimic anything people does just by seeing them once, also the fact she will never forget the mimicked skills.

When (and if) she should learn how to copy Powers. Given enough time, Yellow will be unstoppable all on her own, barring on Superman's OP-ness.

Note: Power-copying skills - without restraint - are one of the most potentially OP skill, along with "Space & Time", "Instant Teleportation", "Void", and "Creation".
Okay so Yellow can mimic anyone's voice, actions, etc. She learns how to do physical things fast because, like the heroes .gif, she can do it once she sees it. My thoughts on the powers would be that she can't, maybe when she's 90 or something she'll be able to but it's impossible now. Also, as far as her 'god in physical form' she can do anything she sees, and she is strong, but if someone is stronger and has the same training they can win. She's not unbeatable.

@RareSecret if there are any issues with Yellow's power, just let me know. :)

My only concern is the prospect of her being able to mimic Powers.

"Maybe when she's 90 or something she'll be able to but it's impossible now".

Age is irrelevant when you can mimic powers, find someone with Immortality powers ala Wolverine for example, then voila.

I... am sorry, but if you plan for Yellow to be able to mimic powers, then she's a god in physical form in my eyes. A god can basically do anything.

Age is irrelevant when you can mimic powers, find someone with Immortality powers ala Wolverine for example, then voila.

I... am sorry, but if you plan for Yellow to be able to mimic powers, then she's a god in physical form in my eyes. A god can basically do anything.
I think what they were saying is that Yellow can't mimic powers. If she can, it won't be until she's much older and more experienced.

I think what they were saying is that Yellow can't mimic powers. If she can, it won't be until she's much older and more experienced.
I am aware of what they mean, my point being is that it's still a possibility. Like I said, her being 90/100/110 years old is irrelevant when one can mimic powers. See a Wolverine? Mimic his Healing Factor, since it says "Anything", then it just a matter of time before she mimic a being that transcends human reality.

Oh God, I sound like a nit-picking jerk.

Honestly, I don't think this role play is going to cover when she's 90, which is why I picked that age. I understand the concern, and while I won't argue that it is technically possible, she can't really do it.

Exactly! :) If you've still got questions, let me know. I'll try and explain better, :)

I am aware of what they mean, my point being is that it's still a possibility. Like I said, her being 90/100/110 years old is irrelevant when one can mimic powers. See a Wolverine? Mimic his Healing Factor, since it says "Anything", then it just a matter of time before she mimic a being that transcends human reality.

I guess it is possible when she is older, but the RP won't cover that time span so it really is a non issue.

It's a possibility that has no place in the RP at the current time, though. FARBE only has children up to 18 years old. After that, they probably dispose of them because they would be like "old news". I understand your.. (uhh.. too early to think of the word... apprehension?), but I don't really think it's something to exactly worry about so early in the roleplay.

And no, you don't sound like a nit-picking jerk. I have a few worrisome thoughts with the multiple components of White's powers, but I think that with all of these checks and balances amongst us as players and RareSecret, it will be alright. ^^

EDIT: Also, I didn't mean any offense when I went and clarified what they meant, if any was taken! I had to reread what was written a few times to finally grasp what was meant, so I thought maybe someone else would need clarification like I would have needed xD

It's a possibility that has no place in the RP at the current time, though. FARBE only has children up to 18 years old. After that, they probably dispose of them because they would be like "old news". I understand your.. (uhh.. too early to think of the word... apprehension?), but I don't really think it's something to exactly worry about so early in the roleplay.

And no, you don't sound like a nit-picking jerk. I have a few worrisome thoughts with the multiple components of White's powers, but I think that with all of these checks and balances amongst us as players and RareSecret, it will be alright. ^^
Exactly, everyone seems like a team player so far in the RP so there's nothing to imply that someone is going to go OP. And if they do, that's what the GM is for.

I admit this is more of a democracy than a dictatorship. I don't plan on forcefully stopping discussions unless I really feel it's unnecessary. If I felt like you were nitpicking I would've stopped you. If it's a concern of yours, it has to be talked through.

It's usually because nobody last until age 18 for the colors. There aren't suppose to be this many people surviving until the older ages, but I just let it slide by saying it's been a slow decade. They need all the help they can get which is why they facility doesn't kill unless you are a serious threat, terminally sick, or planning to escape.

Well... alright then, I feel kind of bummed be honest, I did research here and there before I made Purple and carefully limit her potentials. If I went berserk with her kind of power, I can say she "Phase out of this plane of reality, rendering her immune to all forms of disturbance. She can phase other people/objects out at will.", like the Avalon Noble Phantasm power from Fate/Stay Night...

Wait, I can actually do that, make that particular power her 'max potential' of sorts, but I won't, I kinda had my share of God-like PCs (including potential God-like PCs) already... I think it's my past experiences that made me so much of a worry-wart... actually, this particular situation struck a deja-vu. I had this kind of thing happened before... The result? The RP dies after about a week. :( It didn't happen just once though, several times in my 5-6 years career of RP-ing. All of them groups, and most of them involve this type of Plot Archetype.

@RareSecret I am truly sorry should I appear as a person who came and disrupt your plot bunny, a very neat one at that. I fell in love with it after I read through the first post, the characters, the participants' camaraderie, and others. I did have a concern regarding Yellow's Mimicry, but I thought it wouldn't stop my muse.

I think my muse is lost and I don't want to cause future problems for the Thread than it already is. Since it's just started, Would it be alright if I take my leave? As for Purple, maybe you can say the staffs have had enough of her shenanigans and decided she's more trouble than she's worth... what happens next is obvious.

@HelloBeautifulChild I ask for forgiveness should I cause unnecessary flak for you and Yellow. I respect your decision, opinions, and attitude when discussing it with me. We have different views regarding Mimicry Powers that much is clear, we are humans after all.

=

I hope everyone will have fun! I will still be watching this thread and enjoy what kind of awesome ass-kicking you guys will do. :D

With deep regards,
Izurich

Well... alright then, I feel kind of bummed be honest, I did research here and there before I made Purple and carefully limit her potentials. If I went berserk with her kind of power, I can say she "Phase out of this plane of reality, rendering her immune to all forms of disturbance. She can phase other people/objects out at will.", like the Avalon Noble Phantasm power from Fate/Stay Night...

Wait, I can actually do that, make that particular power her 'max potential' of sorts, but I won't, I kinda had my share of God-like PCs (including potential God-like PCs) already... I think it's my past experiences that made me so much of a worry-wart... actually, this particular situation struck a deja-vu. I had this kind of thing happened before... The result? The RP dies after about a week. :( It didn't happen just once though, several times in my 5-6 years career of RP-ing. All of them groups, and most of them involve this type of Plot Archetype.

@RareSecret I am truly sorry should I appear as a person who came and disrupt your plot bunny, a very neat one at that. I fell in love with it after I read through the first post, the characters, the participants' camaraderie, and others. I did have a concern regarding Yellow's Mimicry, but I thought it wouldn't stop my muse.

I think my muse is lost and I don't want to cause future problems for the Thread than it already is. Since it's just started, Would it be alright if I take my leave? As for Purple, maybe you can say the staffs have had enough of her shenanigans and decided she's more trouble than she's worth... what happens next is obvious.

@HelloBeautifulChild I ask for forgiveness should I cause unnecessary flak for you and Yellow. I respect your decision, opinions, and attitude when discussing it with me. We have different views regarding Mimicry Powers that much is clear, we are humans after all.

=

I hope everyone will have fun! I will still be watching this thread and enjoy what kind of awesome ass-kicking you guys will do. :D

With deep regards,
Izurich
Nooo! There's no need for you to leave, especially over something like Yellow's power. I really can guarantee that she's not OP, and besides she's more of a follower so she'd never take over the RP anyway.

:D Thank you, but I know myself, Hello, I can't guarantee myself to maintain my restraint, especially when Yellow starts using her powers, I would so much as delete my account rather than being a grumpy prick to people who doesn't deserve it.

I am sorry, I truly am, but multiple accounts of RP dying due to OP Characters - not saying Yellow is - certainly had its long-lasting effect on me. Perhaps in the future I'd be ready to do Groups again, but not for now.

Last edited:
In short they are very realistic, 3d figures, but they are still paper figures ^^ When they touch paper they revert back to pictures again, the same goes for their attacks.
I'm glad that settled your worries a bit :)
I think you are overlooking how situational this weakness is. Getting paper is not as easy as you may think. If you are near a store, sure. But when there is no one nearby, it takes a little miracle to get even something like a newspaper in a city, and near impossible when there is no city.

• Useful
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Well I guess so...

How about I add in a weakness for water? Like, the ink or material Minami made her creature with gets washed away?

Well I guess so...

How about I add in a weakness for water? Like, the ink or material Minami made her creature with gets washed away?
Oh that's cool, and it makes sense too. Paper can totally disintegrate in water.

Not only water, but fire too. With such a weakness that ability becomes somewhat fair.

Reactions: HelloBeautifulChild
Status
Not open for further replies.