Far Out Fables- Greenie and KJ

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Yeah, yeah, sure." Haala shook her head, an indignant look on her face. He had tried to kill her and her grandmother, and now was acting all high and mighty just because he had a police badge and a gun. Fables sure forgave easily, it seemed, but she couldn't forget. How'd he even come back to life? She remembered he'd been cut open, filled with rocks, and thrown in a river. Or something. She hadn't stayed too long to watch.

"You're assuming I'm going to give you wrong information," she replied when he finished talking, shaking her head a little. "You're forgetting than among the two of us, I never did anything criminal. Whatever. Haala Sripatel, or Little Red Riding Hood, if you like that better." She pushed her hood off her head so that she could be seen better. "You need a mugshot too?"​

It was all Mathias could do not to lose his temper with the little brat, snobby cats never changed. "You're forgetting little miss kitty, people change" of course that was contradicting his own thoughts, thinking she hadn't changed. He reasoned that she hadn't shown she had yet.

Back in the day he wouldn't of hesitated to gobble her right up then and there, just because she was annoying him, in his territory and little red to boot.

Mathias clicked the button on the radio "this is officer Blackhorn, I've got a 1091" he said into the radio.

A moment later a female voice answered.

"Back up has been dispatched, what's your location?" the voice said.

"950 East 4th street, ally. Send it quiet"

The other voice was quiet, probably relaying information.

"Hold location, two minutes out" the female finally reaponded.

"Thanks Judas" Mathias finished and clipped the radio back on to his belt.

"You better get lost red, I'm doing you a favor not arresting you right now. Don't make me regret that"

Haala simply shrugged, ready to leave this place already. She didn't like his attitude, acting all high and mighty as if she had been the one everyone had feared, rather than the other way around. "Yeah, yeah, lovely manners you got there, Wolfy. Ta."

She resisted the temptation to show him the finger, instead walking off and disappearing in an alleyway.

The dead lady was obviously still on the ground. If further investigated, it would seem as if aside from the ripped throat, there was no other sign of anyone else being in the area. Except for a certain strange sweet smell, much like how fruits smell when they begin to rot. Under that smell was one Mathias would recognize: blood. However, it wasn't the lady's blood, nor was it Haala's. It was something else entirely.​

Mathias watched the woman go, pushing a hand through his tangled bedhead. His hair was often a bit of a mess but at least he did run a comb through it before work.

After she had gone he crouched beside the body and sniffed more carefully. That was something he couldn't do at a crime scene normally, as other cops were around and would probably think him some sort of sicko. Humans didn't go around sniffing dead bodies.

Mathias would have to wait however, he couldn't risk contaminating a crime scene again.

*poke* :(

Reactions: Greenie
The night seemed to pass without any further incidents. Haala had returned home, deciding she didn't need to have a wolf on her back. Her probably be able to follow her scent, so it was best that she simply gave him nowhere to follow besides home. Despite the fact that she wasn't too pleased with his being an authority, she at least knew he wouldn't try anything.

What about the creature that ripped that lady's throat, however? This wasn't just some petty thief or even a beating gone wrong, this was plain murder. She'd have to keep her eye out; she wasn't going to leave everything to that wolf.

Al woke up a little after sunrise, deciding to get an early start on the day. He wouldn't have time to come home after work to get dressed up for his impromptu date, so he made sure he wore decent enough clothes along with his fancier shoes, and a jacket to top it all. He was tempted to sport a hat, but that seemed to be a little too much once he set it on his head.

"I'm going," he called to Haala. There seemed to be no reply from her, but he saw her shoes by the door, so he figured she was home. He made sure to lock the door behind him as he exited. He was in a cheerful mood, whistling as he walked to the bus stop that would take him to work.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: KJDarKnight
Mathias spent the majority of the night at the crime scene, not caring he wasn't properly clothed for work and the other cops let it slide, knowing he'd been asleep and ran to the scene from home, they couldn't expect much.

It wasn't until the body was taken away and paperwork filled out that Mathias went home and put on the coffee before getting dressed. It was going to be a long day for him, he knew it. More likely than not, he'd have to go take that damn cat in for questioning. He ran a hand over his face and slumped into his big easy chair while he waited for the coffee to ding.

---

Adeline pulled on some clothes and grabbed her dead phone. There was a plug outside the apartment, meant for maitinence workers to use but, she couldn't use the plug in her apartment.

Sitting on the sidewalk, bundled in a thick coat, hat and scarf she sat by the plug while her phone charged. Made her look a bit like a hobo, but who cares, sue would be soon enough anyway.

--

Mr. Gold, as he was known to most, was short with thick curls of dark hair, a few flakes of silver scattered throughout. He looked to be in his thirties but his eyes suggested he was older or wiser, both as it happened.

The man unlocked the door to his antique shop. He sold nothing but quality and sold only to people he saw fitto purchase his items. Beyond that, he was a sort of private detectivr, though had no licenses. He simply knew what was going on, knew people and knew how to get the information he wanted and in not always legal ways. All of that, came with a price or course, nobody got anything for nothing. He'd learned that a long time ago and he had a reputation for it too

Last edited:
Edited

Reactions: Greenie
"Good morning, Pa." A young woman, a late teen or young adult, stepped into the room. She looked absolutely nothing like Mathias, what her her short and slim body, long black hair and exotic looks. The smile she gave him, however, was one that anyone would expect from a daughter to her father.

She headed over to the chair and leaned close, pecking his cheek. "You seem really tired... you should have told me to make the coffee... I was just completing some reading for school. I'm off today though..." Her voice trailed a little before she smiled and settled down on the ground by the chair. "Uhm... so how's everything? You looked more tired than usual."

***​

Elsa was out early, and she seemed somewhat determined, as if on a mission. It was true that her purse was bulkier than usual as if she was carrying something inside. She was, in fact, and she was just about to go see a certain antique shop owner. She didn't want too... but she had no choice. She needed money if she was to pay the rent, and that too, with an extra person around.

Anna'd better get a job soon or so help me I am freezing her and keeping her frozen. Elsa wouldn't actually do that, but the thought was rather vicious, and even as she walked, there was a literal chilly air surrounding her being.

She sighed as she finally reached the shop, looking up at the sign. "What's the saying people have here? Gotta do what you gotta do. Well... not like any of this is of any use to me anyway..." She pushed the door opened and entered.

Mathias both heard and smelled his daughter before she even spoke, he didn't open his eyes until she pecked his cheek. Mathias smiled fondly, if it wasn't for her, he'd be a far cry from the wolf he was now. she'd unlocked the tender side of him from the moment he'd found her. She'd only tamed the big bad wolf since.

"Had a bit of a long night is all. I was sort of called to q crime scene and been there all night" he frowned aloghtlu, not liking the idea of it being so close to home and he certainly my worried about her. He didn't want to frighten her with the details "you still have that razer I gave you right? And the pepper spray?" He'd showed her where he kept his other guns and how to handle them too, incase of an emergency. Being a father and a cop, he was a little on the over protective side.

--

As the door was opened, the little brass bells rang the arrival of a costumer. Gold pushed open his office door and stepped be hide the display counter where the register was. The office door back behind that.

"Buying or selling today?" He asked pleasantly. He could be perfectly charming and polite despite his reputation of being a sly and cruel trickster.

Ashfa was curious as to her father's case, but she knew better than to press him for details. He wasn't the sort to just blab and neither was she the sort to sneakily pull out answers to questions.

She nodded, giving him her usual gentle smile. "Of course... they're in my bag as usual. I've never really had to use them, though." She was much more confident in using her fangs, truth be told, but this was no place to reveal what she truly was. She was sure the Fables who knew her father's identity gave him enough trouble as is.

"Well Pa..." Ashfa squeezed his shoulder. "Coffee can only sustain you so much... I'll make you breakfast... eat up and then sleep. Anything you wish to eat?"

*****​

Elsa smiled, though her eyes remained cold, in fact they were colder than usual. "I know better than to buy from you Mr. Gold." She mentally scolded herself. She hardly needed the man to snub her when she was the one who needed help. She'd be in dire straights if he wouldn't buy.

"I'm selling." She approached the counter, unzipping her bag as she did, pulling out a delicate gold tiara, decorated with a large sapphire. Mr. Gold would probably recognize it from her coronation she'd guess, but she didn't care too much about it. As long as he knew it was of value, that was enough.

"A thousand dollars." Elsa placed the tiara on the counter but kept her hand firmly around the tiara. "It's worth more than that, but I'm not fussy." She looked up at the man, blue eyes wavering between hope and firmness.

Last edited:
Mathias smiled at her, his little girl, no matter how grown up she got, she was his little girl and always would be. He wasn't sure how she grew up to be the woman she was but, he wasn't complaining, he was simply proud. "You know me, I'll eat anything" Mathias answered anything meat anyway, none of that nasty green stuff.

--

"You wound me, I'm always perfectly fair" Rumple answered, fair to himself anyway. He'd learned people expected him to be a trickster and a thief, so, life had turned him into one in many respects. He looked out for himself because nobody else would. Even so, when it came to buying and selling, he was honest and fair about it. He did want to stay in business after all.

"I'm not going to steal it, but I must inspect it's quality before I make an offer, or accept one, since you seem to think that's the way it works" He held his hand out for her to give him the tiara "I don't buy what I haven't inspected"he added, letting her her that if he wasn't allowed to even hold it before purchase, no purchase would happen.

"Sure... except for something with no meat." Ashfa's smile was a little mischievous now, though it was only for a little moment as she headed to the kitchen to get breakfast made for her father. After a good fifteen minutes, she returned to where he was sitting with a tray at hand; on it was a plate with eggs and bacon and toast, and a mug of coffee.

"Here you go," she said, setting it on the table next to the couch he was sitting on. "I'll probably be headed off now. Uhm.. you make sure you rest, alright?" She knew he was usually tired, but today he seemed exhausted. Maybe it was a difficult case? She wished he would tell her, but she knew there was little chance of him telling her.

*****​
Elsa did realize that maybe she was being a little too cautious. Then again, was it even possible to be too cautious around this man? He made all sorts deals that bit people in the behind once they were done and over with. Well, she would just have to make sure she didn't leave any loopholes.

"Alright, sorry." She seemed the slightest bit embarrassed as she lifted her hand from the tiara and shoved them both in her pocket. "I'm not used to coming places like this, having to sell things from my old life." Anna, on the other hand, seemed perfectly fine with it. Maybe she should have sent her sister instead.​

Mathias had started dozing off again while Asha was making breakfast. It smelled good and hearing her move around put him at ease, meant she was safe and well.

As ashes cane back over he blinked back awake and smiled a little "thank you" he said sincerely "alright, but be safe" he said seriously

--

Gold carefully picked it up and felt the flawless surface and visually inspected it, then he sniffed it and tapped the sapphire gently with his fingernail. He smiled and placed it back down.

"Very fine quality and you've kept it well preserved" he noted thoughtfully "it's worth quite a lot, finding a buyer is the hard thing, especially for something like this" he continued

"Lucky for you, I think I know someone who may be interested" he smiled "I'll pay you six thousand. I'm not so stingy as you seem to think I am"

"Of course, Papa." Ashfa gave her father a hug before moving back, waving her hand. "I'll be back by five today, so I should be able to make dinner." She wasn't sure if he'd be home, but at least if he was, or whenever he came back, he'd have something to eat.

Outside seemed like a rather normal, calm and peaceful morning. Ashfa looked back toward their house. She was a little worried but decided she would simply call him from school late. She wished he'd go out sometimes, maybe even find a girlfriend. She felt he needed something other than just work and sleep and a little coffee in between.

She wondered where the drive came from. Was he trying to make up for the past?

With those thoughts in her mind, she boarded the bus that came to a stop before her.

"Well I never did say you were," Elsa replied, though she expected it was normal for people to have thought that. Six thousand dollars was much more than she had expected, to be sure. With that much, she wouldn't have to worry about rent for a long time.

There had to be a catch though, right? From what she heard, there always was. "Hm... who's the buyer?" she asked curiously, pausing a moment to look at the tiara. She wasn't really attached to it, but it always did remind her of back when times were peaceful. "I agree to the sum, by the way."​

Mathias smiled after her. He really wasn't sure where she'd learned to be so good and kind, it wasn't from him, he knew that much.
The cop made quick work of the breakfast before he did settle down for a short nap before having to go in to work.

--

"You didn't have too, I can see it in your eyes" Gold replied before placing the crown behind the counter to be taken elsewhere later on. "As for the buyer, that is my business" he said simply. Rumple paused and studied her for a moment before pulling out out his checkbook "What name do you go by these days?" he took the gold pen from his pocket and looked at her expectantly

"Stop being nosy and seeing things in my eyes." Elsa sounded a little irritated now, though she knew most of it was simply from being in the actual situation she found herself in. There were times she felt death was preferred than living in this substandard world. Or perhaps her ice castle.

"My name's my own business as well," she replied with a simple shrug. She relented after a moment, however, not wishing to sound too much like the man she was doing business with. "Elsa, it's always Elsa. I see no need to change my name. It's quite a common one in this world anyway."

She looked to the check, forehead wrinkling slightly. "I was hoping for cash actually.." Rent was due very soon, probably before she could cash a check.​

Rumple lowered the pen and just looked at her as she spoke "you know, I find this situation ironic" he said as he put the checkbook away "I'm always the one accused of being a villain yet you're the one continually being rude. I am simply trying to help" he aighed, one day perhaps someone would recognize he wasn't evil.
"I don't keep that kind of cash in my shop. Best I can do is walk over to the bank with you and withdrawal the cash there"