Falling Stars: The Arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Padma looked in awe at the structure. She had seen many big buildings since she
came to the city but something struck her differently about this one, maybe it was
how it glimmered under the night sky or maybe it was the way the incomplete building
gave off an eerie feeling. She blinked and squeaked. "Wait?! Go inside? I don't think that
is aloud." She looked nervously at the building and then the ground.

Last edited:
Victor looked over at her and smiled in his mischievous way. His eyes reflected what little light there was vividly. "Come on, I'll keep you perfectly safe." He ensured her.
At the base of the fence, he found a spot where the fence had come free from it's support post. He gave it a tug and it gave. He pulled harder, grunting as he braced his foot against the post. The rest of the metal brackets popped loose, creating a much larger gap. "Um.. whoops."

Padma was fidgeting completely unsure of what to do. She smiled at his words but
then squeaked when the metal brackets popped loose. "We shouldn't being doing this."
she fretted. "It's too dangerous." she looked at Victor in concern and gripped his hand
tighter. She had never done something like this before and was worried. What if they
got in trouble, what if Victor hurt himself?! A meow came from below them and Salty
Looked up at her and she back at him. The little cat gave a long stretch and then yawned
before trotting over to a hole under the fence probably made by another animal and slipped
through.

Victor slipped into the perimeter of the fence and held it open for her to enter as well. "Come on." He beckoned.
His eyes shimmered vibrantly in the moonlight. The structure behind him gleamed in the pale blue night. Its dark interior was both inviting and slightly intimidating.

Still uncertain she followed, her protests had been mute. She paused to take in the sight.
Victor's eyes seemed to take her in, spirit her away. Azure jewels glimmering under the light
of moon. She nearly had to smack herself to focus. Her face turned red though hidden behind
a curtain of her bangs as she kept her head low in embarrassment. Once again she glanced up
this time marveling at the sight of the building. Salty had began to meow, she looked to see
the nearly invisible black shadow a ways ahead of them looking back expectantly for them to
catch up.

Victor took her hand and walked with her into the darkness. As the shadows overtook them, all he could feel was the crisp air and her wwarm hand. All he could see was bleak. As their eyes adjusted to the dark, he could plan out a path better. These lower floors were more complete. Victor found a stairway and started the climb up to the second floor, then to the third, and so on. Each level giving them a more extended view of the overgrowing city. At the seventh floor the stairs stopped and gave way to plywood facades and steel beams. Victor stopped so that they could rest and observe the shimmering Cityscape outside the glass walls.

Padma relied heavily on Victor's hand as they moved through the dark.
Salty every now and then brushed up against her legs and meowed.

As they came to a stop Padma took a moment for seeing the view they
had come upon. Looking up she let escape a breath of amazement. Her eyes
shined as she looked out at the landscape below them dowsed in darkness
and bathed in the pale light of the moon. "...It's beautiful!" she exhaled
a smiled painted itself across her face as she looked out at the view.

Victor stood behind her and held her hands. "It is..." his body was warm in contrast with the cool air. The building was poorly shielding the from the wind, but he kepted both of them warm. "Should we keep climbing?" He asked.

Padma stood for a moment in a trance looking at the sight then suddenly in
realization from ear to ear she turned a deep shade of red. Holding back a
squeak of surprise, she spun around and looked at the floor trying to hide
her embarrassment"Y-y-yes!!'' She quickly stumbled along unsure of which
way they were even going. Padma felt strange and she was not sure why,
she had never had this feeling before.I-I t-think i'm sick... she thought. Forgetting
herself as she moved in whatever which way her foot ran into something and the
next thing she knew she was face down on the floor.

Last edited:
The first instinct Victor felt was to grab her hand as he felt her fall. The floor beneith them shuddered with the firce of the impact and fell away, leaving that sickening feeling of weightlessness in the pit of his stomach. His other hand shot out and wrapped around the wing of an I-beam. He grunted as he felt her weight pull his arms as far as they could reach. After they stabilized, he exhaled and assessed their situation. He held her hand tightly, testing her weigh in a slow lift. "Are you hurt?" He asked her.

Padma shook her head. Everything seemed a blur as it happened so quickly.
She was able to stand herself upright and catch her breath. "Are you alright?"
she looked at him ashamed. "Thank you... I-I'm sorry it was my fault... I
should have been looking where I was going." she lowered her head
ashamed of her blunder. Salty began to meow up ahead wondering what
they were doing.

"Its okay. It wasn't your fault." He told her. He dropped down to her level and dusted himself off. "We can go back if you want. " he squad. He would be lying if he said he was ready to go. The danger added an edge of excitement to the situation.

Padma looked up at him "No... I can still go on. We can't stop halfway through."
She smiled still a little upset with her earlier clumsiness, she didn't want to be
a burden. Looking over a salty who had apparently was waiting for them in the
general direction they had been headed and then turned back to Victor and smiled
"Salty seems to be telling us to hurry up." she gave a soft chuckle and pointed to
the cats twitching tail.

Victor looked around the floor until he found a place to climb. He found a sturdy enough installation to pull himself up to the next floor. Turning around he lowered a hand to help her up. "Its getting a little sparse up here. The floor is missing in some spots." He told her.

Padma leaned over and scooped up Salty in one arm then somewhat hesitantly took Victor's
hand. "Thank you." she smiled still a bit unsure. Padma released a very quiet squeak.
"B-be careful!"
she was really fretful about the whole thing, but she did not want to ask to
go back, she did enjoy
the excitement a bit and the scenery but mainly she wanted to do it
because Victor was sharing
something he enjoyed with her and to her this made her happy.

He continued his climb through the skeletal remains of the skyscraper. He slowed down to help her along the way. Finally, together they reached the highest they could go. A floor separated from the others by a stretch of bare beams and cords. A gaping hole in the side of the structure gave them a view of the remains of the once greater city they lived in.
Victor stood close by Padma's side. The view was astonishing. He could see everything. They must have climbed two hundred feet by now without him even noticing. "Isn't it a lovely view...? This is actually the highest up I've ever been."

Padma had been extremely nervous during the rest of the climb but pushed back her
fears and once they reached the top she was glad she did for it was worth the entire voyage.
Padma's eyes were wide open and sparkled as she looked into the distance. The view was
breath taking even more extraordinary then the view from before. A wide smiled spread
across her face. "It's Beautiful!!" she exclaimed her eyes bright and smile wide. Salty
unimpressed merely laid across her shoulders licking his paws.

Victor stood on the edge of the floor where he found a handrail. "I could stay up here all day." He said. Turning back to face her, he smiled. "Would you stay with me?" He asked of her.

Padma was so fixated on the view before her she almost missed
his voice. Her voice turned bright red but hid it under her bangs. She stayed
that way for a few seconds before she looked back up and a smile appeared on
her face for she had just realized it but she never had such a good time since granny
passed away. She looked up at the night sky and smiled. "Thank you...." she said
meaning every sense of the word. "Thank you for taking me out here." her smile
seemed like it could not be washed away by anything at this moment as she continued
looking at that bright silvery white moon. From her shoulders Salty meowed but
she did not notice as she was caught in the sight of that starry sky.

Victor turned and looked up at the stars. Up here, above the scattered light of the city, they shimmered in ribbons across the sky. Their light beckoned him towards them and for a moment, he wondered if there was another way to the very top. The edge of the floor had its own gravitational pull as well and he found himself contemplating jumping right out into the air. He turned back to her and snapped back into reality.
"You look lovely in the moonlight, Padma." He told her. Victor approached her and took her hands, looking into her eyes again. Their depth matched that of the sky. In every fiber of her cornea, there was infinite shades of color, complex and completely beautiful. His hands moved up her arms and slipped around her body, pulling her close.

Status
Not open for further replies.