Falling Stars: The Arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Padma stared curiously as he fled into the bathroom. I do hope they fit alright.
Picking up the bags she stepped over back toward the wardrobe and placed bags
inside the bottom drawer. She looked at the bags and gave a firm nod with a smile.
I'll make sure to give these to Freya in the morning. Closing the small wooden doors to
the wardrobe she was suddenly startled by a clatter at the window. She looked over
to see a small fury, familiar face. "Hello, Salty!" she smiled at the little black cat that
jumped down from the windowsill. Salty came over greeted her by rubbing up against
her leg. Padma smiled and leaned over to pet him. "Don't worry, I haven't forgotten you."
She scratched gently behind the cat's ears and then turned to reopen the wardrobe.
Reaching into the drawer she had placed the bags she pulled out a small can of tuna.
Pulling back the tab she opened the small can and placed it down on small round inn
table that sat beside her bed, where Salty usually received his food. She sat down
and smiled, watching the little cat lap up the tuna.

Victor shut the door and turned around, looking in the mirror. His own reflection stopped him completely. He didn't look right. Something was off .he looked over his chest and at each of his arms. Was something different? Leaning forward over the counter, he peered into his own eyes. Vibrant blue portals peered back at him. He pulled his hair back, inspecting the roots, then his cheek, looking at his teeth.
Then a thought occurred to him. If something was different would he even notice? Something about his body felt so strange buy he couldn't place it. Putting it out of his mind, he dressed himself. The sleeves and legs where too short by a few inches but that didn't really matter to him at the moment. Walking back out, he held the coat over his shoulder. There was a cat on the bed eating from a can. Maybe that was the noise he heard. He broke the silence by clearing his throat.

Padma jumped caught off guard she had nearly forgotten. "Ah, I'm sorry!"She looked at him
seeing the
size difference she felt embarrassed. "I'm really sorry!" Leaning over she picked up Salty. "Ah! I never introduced myself!"she
exclaimed realizing "I'm Padma. what's your name?"She smiled.

Last edited:
"My name's Victor." He said, nodding at her. "Thank you for your help, Padma." He looked around the dorm and noticed something. "You don't have a suitemate?" He asked. There was only one bed and the space was wide and open.
"You live alone?"

Padma smiled at Victor. "It was no problem, at all." she stroked Salty
who had begun to purr in her arms. "I don't. Strange isn't it?" she laughed softly
"With all the students here, you'd thing there would be someone
who needed a room." she said looking around at the empty space.

Victor nodded. "Yes... someone probably does." With that, he leaped onto the window sill and looked down at the ground below. "Bye." He said.
Lacking any semblance of social graces, he abruptly vacated to room via the window, jumping down to they ledge of the window below, and from there, he fell to the ground, landing upright and taking off into a run. He was con in a matter of seconds, swift and a bit louder than necessary.

Padma squeaked as he suddenly vanished out the window, so suddenly
she had only a little time to react. This is the third floor! Her heart skipped
a beat at the thought. She ran to the window, Salty leaping out of her
arms in surprise. Her heart rate sped up rapidly. As Padma reached the
window she had moved so fast that she herself nearly flew out the
window from the impact. She fearfully looked below expecting to see
the shattered remains of the boy called Victor. She released a sigh
of relief as she saw the boy moving threw the dark, fine as could be,
unphased as if he had merely jumped down from the last two steps
of a stair case. Padma was dazed as she tried to grasp what just
happened. "What in the world...?"

The night passed without further incident. The following morning began like any other. Sunrise came and passed, the day moved on like any other.
However, just as the night before, this was written day of surprises. Victor sat in the window sill, waiting for Padma to return to her dorm.

Padma was assisting in the school's cafeteria, which was placed in the center of
campus. That morning, l
ast night's events seemed but a dream, upon getting
dressed that morning she discovered that her gym suit was gone, making her
realize that what happened was no dream. Freya had been upset with her that
morning as she had not received her things before bed that night, but Padma
promised to get them to her after her chores
ended. Freya said she would stop
by Padma's room later no longer trusting
Padma to remember, Padma didn't blame
her. Padma wiped her forehead head as she finished scrubbing the last pot. She
was eager to get back to her dorm and
see Salty. she waved goodbye to the
cafeteria cook before leaving upon her
dismissal. I should hurry, Freya is probably
already there!
Padma made her way back to the dorms.

Victor sat in the window sill of the dorm, awaiting Padma's arrival. He was dressed diffently than before, sporting a new shirt, back with a white accent on the chest that formed a small "X" under his collar. Over the shirt he wore a grey hooded jacket, plain but still retaining a look of quality. He also wore pants that fit him and shoes as well. He held in his hand, a bag containing the gym suit.

Padma had just reached the third floor corridor when she was stopped by a group of girls,
who she recognized from the second floor. She stopped and gave them a polite greeting.
"Little stray, we heard you have been running errands." One of them chirped.Padma merely
tilted her head in response. She had only ran a couple for Freya. "We would like you to get
some of these things for us, we'll pay you back the money later." Stated the short brunette
who stood in front of the other girls. The girl handed Padma a sheet of paper which had
written on it a list of items: Mauve eyeliner, chap-stick, albums, and more. As Padma looked
up from the list the girls had already started down the stares, not waiting her her response.
Padma looked dejectedly down at her feet, but then quickly lifted her head slapped her
cheek and smiled. It's good to be of help, I still have awhile before the dorm fees come in.
Padma neatly folded the list and slid it into the left pocket of her navy blue coat.
Upon opening the door to her room, she was welcomed by a surprise visitor
upon
the windowsill, who this time was not black and furry with a tale.

"Hope you don't mind. I let myself in."
He turned to her and held up the bag. "I took the liberty of having these washed." Stepping into the room, he dropped the bag onto the bed. Standing upright and stretching, Victor smiled at Padma. "I was wondering if you would help me. I'm going to find what fell in the lake." He claimed proudly, Manning a thumb into his chest.

Padma took the bag and thanked him with a smile. She listened and nodded,
although as she opened her mouth to respond a knock came upon the door.
"Stray? You there?! I came for my things." without waiting for a response the
door knob began to turn as a slender girl with long blonde hair entered the room.
Padma nearly keeled over, this was not good, Victor wasn't supposed to be here.
Padma looked hither and thither as she began to panic.

Victor leaned backwards and fell out of the window, catching and hanging onto the edge, effectively hiding behind the outside wall. He remembered what Padma said about the dorms being seperated. He had heard this girl in the hallway moments before. He disliked her already. Someone who needed a harsh confrontation. His blood boiled and he grit his teeth. If it was him up there...

Padma squeaked as she saw victor once again slip through the third floor window.
Behind her, Freya had entered the room and was looking suspiciously at Padma.
"Ah! I am really sorry, Freya! I had trouble ge-" Freya cut her off before she could
say anymore. "Yeah, yeah. Where are the items I asked you to get?" Freya tapped
her foot impatiently. "Ah they are right here, one moment." Padma smiled and raised
a finger. Crossing over to the small wardrobe where she had placed the bags the
night before, she opened the doors and leaned over to pull out the bags from the
bottom drawer. "Here they are." Freya held out the bags and Freya took them.
Freya opened each bag and inspected the contents. "These will do. Thanks, Stray."
Padma smiled happy she was able to help. Freya took one last suspicious glance
around the room and then took her leave with her things. The moment Padma
was sure she was gone, she dashed for the window releasing the panic
she
been holding in. She was relieved to see he was still there, and ignoring
whether or not he had been able to get back in himself she grabbed his
hand and withall her might started pulling him back up into the room.
"Are you okay?!" she blurted.

Victor scowled as he listened to Freya belittle Padma. How could she just take that? He waited for Freya to leave before peeking back in. Padma grabbed his hand, pulling him in. He climbed through the window and stumbled across the floor, regaining his balance right before hitting the door. He stood upright and sighed. "Some friend you have there." He said to her. "I'm alright though. Thanks." He said with a gentle smile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Padma gave a sigh of relief, and then smiled up at him. "Hmm? Ah! Freya is a good person!"
Padma said with a gentle expression as if she were talking about family. As Padma had grown
up brothers or sisters or, for that matter, any kids her age, she was rather happy living with
the other girls and being of help to them."She's watched out for me since
I came here"
Padma reminisced. Behind Victor Salty padded out from under the
bed and rubbed up
against her leg, while eyeing Victor suspiciously. Padma picked
up the little ball of fur
and stroked him. "Thank you kindly forstopping by to return my
gym uniform, you even washed them!" she smiled peeking inside the bag, that now sat
on her bed.

Victor nodded, waving his hands in front of him. "Not a problem. I owed it to you. Thank you for loaning them to me." He pushed his hands into his pockets. "So... how about the lake today?" He asked, looking out the window. The sun was bright today. The temperature was much warmer, but still too cold for swimming, which was good news if they hoped to discover something in the lake where they met.

Padma nodded. "I have have to run a few errands anyhow." she smiled.
"If you'd like I can pack us a lunch." she said gleefully. It had been awhile
since she had spent time with anyone, even Freya always had plans and
couldn't hang out with her. Padma was excited, she was was also curious
to see what had fallen into the water that night. She also still believed there
was more to Victor's story that he had not told her or didn't know himself.
"I have permission to use the cafeteria kitchen as a volunteer so I can
make us something good."
she beamed a bright smile and stroked Salty's
head. Salty purred.

Victor nodded at the idea of lunch. He hadn't eaten since... well he couldn't remember.

At the lake, Victor ran off the edge of the dock and jumped into the water. It was chilling to the bone but he didn't really mind. He felt the cold, yes, but something kept him warm. He looked into the water around him and felt along the floor with his bare feet. Nothing interesting so far. Just a lot of glass. The lake was heavily polluted, though one wouldn't know it. Bioengineering introduced polymer-eating bacterial cultures into earth's water supplies hundreds of years ago. Any plastics or oils that would cloud the waters were neutralized and the water remained crystal clear. Glass, however was not eaten. And so, the lake bed glimmered lucidly. He prodded along the lamented, seemingly unaffected by the glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.