Fairy Tail: Lost Chapters

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The girl hugged close to Kanda and her eyes drew shut.

"...Well well well... That's where she was hiding..." Calm footsteps came from a cloaked figure with the sun to it's back. Face hidden in the shadow, but the voice...familiar. Female. With a seductive allure about it.

The girl flinched from the voice, and clung tighter to Kanda. "...Nightmare..." she whispered to him. "Don't let the darkness touch me..."

He glared at the female hidden in the cloak. "You should be on your way." He growled.

The hood tilted and a slight chuckle escaped her as she didn't stop walking, keeping directly on course toward Kanda and the girl in his arms. "I would have to agree... Just put the girl down, then I can be on my way."

Kanda growled at her, clutching the child more tightly in his arms.

Ila watched, eyes narrowed at the new arrival. She hadn't sensed her approaching...it was as if she'd appeared out of thin air. "..Careful Kanda... somethings not right here..."

At that she stopped, wind wrapping the folds of her cloak around her lithe frame. She noted the growl, and knew it well. Her right hand rose from the cloak and it immediately seemed to start moving in an irregular way. Shifting in form and shape as if belonging to a wraith or phantasm. "So be it. Know you've brought this pain upon yourself, Flame Wielder."

Kanda put the girl down behind himself, not wishing for her to feel the heat of the flames once he started to hold them. He looked past the shape, hoping that Ila had remained with the caravan. "Bring it, witch." He spat at her, holding open his hands to reveal two twin flames in his palms. He was beginning to feel fired up, as if some other force was guiding him.

(yay for first boss battle!)

Stay with the Caravan? Not a chance. Though Ila knew most wizard battles were a one on one affair unless you were a dark wizard guild. That being said, she still waited for some signal from Kanda should he need her to come in. She was ready, hand on the hilt of her blade, but at the same time, curious. Something was familiar about this woman.

When the girl was put on the ground she frowned not wanting to be separated, but knew this was going to be bad so ran to a spot just off the road behind a larger part of the cart flung aside by Kanda.

There was little more than a scoff at the taunt. Her fingers extended with a slight flick and the ends of her cloak shifted upward toward her palm which closed upon what appeared to be a black staff after her cloak separated from it. With little more hesitation she broke into a run toward Kanda, fearlessly lunging forward with a large spinning horizontal swing of her staff that came in low with the momentum of the strike-end aiming for Kanda's ankles to try and trip him. If successful her secondary attack would be to slam him into the ground with and overhead smash.

Kanda smirked, his blood beginning to boil. He watched as she rushed him, her staff swinging low. He jumped, easily avoiding that blow and threw a few punches of his own. His hands were wrapped in fire, a dangerous glint in his eyes.

This is going to be fun..

He thought. He had been beginning to feel antsy on the way, having no action to distract him from thoughts and memories.

He was fast, taking flight over her staff before throwing a quick barrage of punches at her cloaked in fire. The first punch she ducked to the side of, the second as well, but the third met her staff dead center and the resulting explosion of heat washing over her face made her flinch, but the light reflected within a single eye of violet blue.

The woman moved the staff to the side to deflect the rest of the blow, coming around with the opposite end of her staff aimed for Kanda's face.

Kanda ducked, a fire wrapping around him as he tried to focus on the task at hand. For some reason the single eye of violet blue triggered something in him.

"Oh..." When Kanda wrapped himself in fire her eye widened a bit and she couldn't help how her interest had been piqued. Her staff was quickly dismissed. Fighting close quarters with this man was no longer in her best interest, so she figured a change in tactic would be wise.

"Allow me to retort." She said clapping her palms together as her cloak began to shift once more. This time out to her right side in a sudden flail it left in it's wake a pair of sickle blades. when her hands separated chains had wrapped about both her wrists, one for both blades. If she needed to be at a distance, these were her best bet. "There."

Ila's eyes narrowed and she quickly but stealthily began to make her way toward the girl. "This is going to be bad. I should get her out of there."

The cloaked woman yanked on the chains and planted her feet, drawing both blades to her palms before dashing in at Kanda again, jumping into the air with the sun at her back to make her ranged attacks harder to see. Then with a quick flick of her wrists sent blade chained blades screaming through the air toward Kanda.

Kanda was shocked at her speed and narrowly avoided the chained blade that came toward him. He didn't even wince as a blade nicked his arm, cutting through a piece of his t-shirt and drawing blood. He hissed, dodging the second one by a hair.

One her way down she yanked on the chains to draw the blades back toward her and flipped forward to catch them and touch down on one foot, throwing her body into a wild dance of blades that sent them ripping in and out at Kanda somewhat sporadically.

"Let's see how fast you are!"

Kanda dodged and moved away from the blades, picking up speed as his fire warmed his blood and body. "Let's see how fast you are!" He challenged back as he dodged her blades and began to move increasingly towards her. Fire had sprung up around his body. "You really just pissed me off!" He growled.

The blades continued to assail Kanda as he grew closer and closer. His increasing hatred and anger palpable on the air and she could feel the heat rushing freely from his body and into the air around him.

How far could she push him, she wondered.

"Come at me then Pyro!" She sent caught both blades and ripped them both forward in what appeared to be an attack straight up the middle but with a quick whip of the chains they separated around Kanda this time, arching out and around to come at him from behind.

Kanda dodged the blades, annoyed at the fact they now came up behind him. He ducked, pressed to the ground as they whizzed over him. He grunted, feeling the air of their passing and knowing he could easily have been ripped to shreds by them.

This was her chance!

The woman took flight as the blades shot back toward her, but she didn't catch them, instead she let them pass with the fill momentum of their return. As she rose into the air, they began to climb with the raising of her arms, and then she brought them up and over her head in full force down toward Kanda's back. "Die!"

Kanda rolled quickly, but not quick enough, one of the blades sticking into his shoulder. He winced, quickly pulling it out and standing. "Damn woman...this was my favorite shirt." He looked at the now bloodied and torn gray shirt and shook his head.

"My my my..So reckless.." She touched down and arched a brow. "...It seems my physical attacks aren't good enough to work on you... but I suppose I've kept you waiting long enough." She said this while yanking her chain blades back into her hands. Holding one of them up for him to take a look at. From the edge dripped not only Kanda's blood, but something black as well. The cloaked figure tilted her head and the world around Kanda began to fluctuate. "The girl tried to warn you... you should've paid attention."

Kanda felt himself stagger as he stood. "What the hell?!" He asked with irritation.

Status
Not open for further replies.