Fairy Tail: Lost Chapters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanda smiled at her antics, purchasing what she liked and then holding out his hand for her. "Come on Emily...we need to go find you some books..." He chuckled, the day's spending so far had not even scratched his savings and he knew he would need to get some form of education for the little girl.

He could worry about replacing his own clothes later. Right now, it was all about his girls. He was going to want Ila to stay with Emily...or at least not take any missions alone...he knew he'd have a difficult time convincing her to settle down. Even though, to him, the thought of a cute little house with his girls sounded delightful.

[D'aaaw look at Kanda, Family man.]

The "Wizard Ninja" came when summoned, dropping her red hood down and taking the hand offered to her with a bright smile. "but I don't know how to read.. Is it hard?" She asked, large red eyes looking up to him with wonder.

Ila had found her heaven. The smell of a forge... the sound of metal working and the pang of hammers and anvils. The men in this area of the market were burly and dangerous looking, but she was not afraid, poking her head in where she could to see beyond them at the weapons out for display. spears, lances, dirks, daggers, longswords, katana, claymores, kodama.. you name it and it was there and so was she, drooling and oggling them like some perverted old man would watch a shapely young woman in a revealing dress.

Though try as she might, no sword or polearm she picked up felt Right. They were finely made weapons and all, but they each seemed to miss something. Even with all the power of a double bladed axe in her hands (which a few of the men struggled to heft about when showing off to one another and were now greatly immasculated to see her lift with ease) she found it lacked a special.. something.

Kanda shook his head. "Not when you start small." He took her to a booth that held numerous books and he pointed out several for himself before looking for easy readers for her.

The smell of the books was more than he could handle. This was always where he struggled. He loved books...not just sit and read love them, but sit and read and smell the pages like they were going to abandon him.

"Start small?" Emily replied putting a finger up to her mouth and seeming to concentrate real hard on doing just that when he'd gone to picking the easier things for her to read. Then she stopped when Kanda seemed to be struggling and wondered if she should be too? They looked interesting enough, but as she didn't know how to read it wasn't as if she really understood what it was he loved so much about them.

That being said, she wished to find out, and picked out a large adventure book that she had only picked out cause of there being a picture of a knight on a white pony fending off a humorous looking beast on the cover. She liked horses, sure, but the knight is what attracted her, the shining armor and the shield and how brave he looked made her almost feel like she had to know if he won or not. "This one this one too!" She said dancing with it held high over her head.

Kanda smiled down at her, getting a whole bag of books that were mixed reading levels. He picked out some for himself as well. He put the bag on his arm along with the one full of her clothes, reaching down to take her hand. "Where to next Emily?" He asked, looking around for Ila.

Emily gave a bright smile and looked around quickly to see where she wanted to head next. "..I wanna find something for mommy!" She beamed. "Let's go get a gift for her papa!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The doors to the guild hall opened and a familiar silhouette stood within the light, hands on her hips and the banner of the royal knights flying on the breeze she brought in with her. But the look in her eyes were different. Colder...and a bit more savage.

"Hey Ila! Back early?" Deacon called from the bar, his apple juice in hand and a book opened infront of him. The guild was mostly empty as everyone was either out on a job or relaxing at their homes, but Deacon practically lived in the library there so he could almost always be found in the same place everyday.

Ila glanced up to him as she walked in with a smile on her face, and took a seat beside him. "..Deacon, Right? I've got a message for the guild master... Is she in?"

"..I.. don't really know." Deacon said curious, but otherwise didn't think twice about it. This was Ila afterall. she wasn't an enemy. "Oh, I see you found your sword!"

"Indeed I have." Ila said with a smirk, reaching back to brush the handle. Dark sparks jumping from her fingertips, hidden from deacon's view. "..Indeed I have."
~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Love
Reactions: GreenLady
Kanda laughed. "Alright alright! Lead the way!" He walked with her, looking around for Ila.

Emily lead Kanda this way and that, as she hadn't really seen Ila enjoy anything other than weapons, and well.. Them. So what do you get a woman like that? Well in the mind of a child? "FLOWERS!" Emily called dramatically as they came across a florist that seemed to have every sort of flower under the sun, and with it conveniently for those getting gifts for loved ones was nice looking necklaces and bracelets which Emily paid just as close attention too remembering the diamond shape in Ila's tattoo.

~~~~~~~~~~
A hand reached up to brush the tattoo at her neck as she put down her drink from behind the bar. It was quiet now.. So much so that it almost shocked her...

"...Pathetic." She said as she placed her drink on the counter top next to a book splattered in blood. "... I guess I'll have to leave a present for her.." A vicious grin played across her lips as she left toward the stairs. The only path lain clear in a sea of destruction. Tables were sliced in half and tossed about as those few wizards who were unfortunate enough to be there tried to face her was strewn about where they were cut down. Not all of them dead.. but those who were alive were stripped entirely of their ability to use magic and left to die with near-mortal wounds.

All but one, the body of deacon with his throat slit.. being dragged up the steps behind her.

~~~~~~~~~

At the Market, while Kanda was looking around in one direction, ila slipped up to his side from the other, nudging him slightly with her shoulder while hiding something behind her back. "..whachadoin?"

Last edited:
Kanda smiled at the flowers, feeling that something wasn't right. He jumped as Ila snuck up behind him. "Looking at stuff..." he bounced from foot to foot, nervous energy making him jumpy.

Ila gave a bright smile to him, then looked to the flowers and things with a strange look in her eye. "..you.. never struck me as the flower type, big guy." Then she took note of his moving from foot to foot. "..Bathroom?"

Emily jumped too, but then threw her hands around Ila's legs in a hug. "Mommy!"

~~~~~

"She is coming." It was written on the walls leading up to the room of the guildmaster until finally arriving at the door which was left slightly ajar with the handle sliced off. And should anyone follow inside, they'd find Deacons body, dangling from the ceiling with the bodies of several other wizards, man and woman alike, stripped and dripping red with the mark of Dante's Serpant carved into each of their chests and the walls splattered with the same message as the hall. Then should one look at the floor, as all the chairs and the main desk was thrown against the walls, Dante's emblem of a serpant eating a dragon would be painted in the center of the floor.

And Ila was no where to be found.

"No, something's not right..." Kanda muttered, feeling something almost instinctual. He shook his head. "Nevermind...why don't we head to the beach now?"

Ila took a moment to look at him with a frown and was so concerned she hardly seemed to react to being called "mommy" all of a sudden. but the damage was done and passed. "S-Sure thing.." she said, taking Emily up into her arms since Kanda seemed bothered by something. Then she smiled and held out a box for him, containing a special herb said to help rid sleepless nights.

"I got this for you, by the way.. you know.. cause you have trouble sleeping sometimes.." Ila said, ruining the present but not one for awkward moments given the bathing suit incident, then started in the direction of the train station.

Kanda peered into the box, a giant smile on his face. "Awww, how sweet..." he teased. He carried both of the bags as well as the box, following in the ladies wake.

"Oh shut up.." Ila said with no real bite in her tone. Then was patted on the face with Emily's palm as the child giggled.

"Your face is all red mommy! You look funny!" Emily beamed and Ila cleared her throat and picked up the pace.

There were nearly at the train station when Ila had a strange uneasiness settle in her chest. Like something... horrible.. had happened. This was soon dismissed as nerves and when the train pulled up and their bags were taken off their hands she tried her best not to worry. They were leaving to the beach.. still she looked back to Kanda. "..Ready Kanda? I mean.. do we have everything?"

Reactions: RangerKay
Kanda was still troubled, and like a dog anticipating a storm, he looked to the sky. There was something wrong...definitely something wrong...

He was distracted by Ila's question and he looked at her in confusion. "I'm sorry...what did you say?"

Ila turned completely to face Kanda and looked at him in the face with her eyes almost too serious. "..You feel it too don't you?"

Kanda nodded. "Yeah...and I'm not happy by whatever is disturbing me..." There was an oncoming storm and he bent down, patting his boot to make sure his blade was there. "Keep Emily close..."

"..Is something wrong?" Emily grimaced.

"N-No.. Everything's just fine, Emily.. " She said with a forced smile, pushing the hair out of the girls face, then Looked to Kanda. "Think it's something to do with.. Her?"

Kanda shook his head. "Not sure, don't like it..." He straightened, looking her in the eye. "Just stay with Emily...let me do the fighting okay?" His eyes had taken on a worried glaze.

He looked towards the sky, as if it would hold the answers. His body was shaking, sensing something stirring that his eyes could not see. "Emmi, beach times cancelled sweetie..."

"B-But Kanda.." She frowned, and then looked down.. she was without a weapon afterall.. it was all she could do to jsut stay out of the way..

Emily pouted, but then her eyes shot skyward too, and fear filled her, forcing the girl to throw her arms around Ila's neck, hiding in her chest.

The skies blackened over Fiore.. it started as a single black cloud, but before long a boom of thunder shook the heavens and all at once Ila knew what it was.

In the streets people seemed to think nothing of it, laughing it up to the all too predictably unpredictable summer rain storms. This allusion was soon enforced by the addition of rain that started light at first but then grew heavier and heavier within minutes to the point that the streets was quickly beginning to flood over and people started clearing out of the roads and such to keep from getting entirely soaked.

Then all eyes turned to the skies as Kanda's and Ilas when something seemed to be coming down amongst the rain. Like that drop of water color in a glass of water, dark masses tore through the clouds with a strange dark red vapor trail, 7 in all and no two landing in a single place.

"Watch out!" Screamed one of the people in the area and they ran clear as one of them came right down on top of the train parked at the station with such force and mass that it shook the ground under their feet and made the top of the train cave as the red vapors spilled down over the edges.

"...What..." A guard asked, stepping cautiously to the red vapor and looking up at the thing that had just crashed down on the train. "...The hell is --"

Ila's heart lurched and she shouted at the top of her lungs. "No DON'T!!" but it was too late. As the man turned to look her way a claw ripped him off his feet in a flash and his screams filled the station with terror as people immediately ran for their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.