Even warriors need to feel loved (Spot taken)

Sebastrian nodded with a smile. He followed after Locke, stretching slightly. Erexia followed after, looking up at the sky before her ears twitched and she looked back at Locke. She didn't know why, but she felt as if she could trust him, but she was also wary of him.

Entering into the city was nothing short of easy and simple by most means. While there were guards stationed out front, they didn't seem overly weary of the new comers walking aside him. Perhaps his reputation preceded him or they were just generally not interested; he was at peace without having to be stopped by them.

Making his idle chit chat as they walked into the bustling metropolis; Locke lead them with ease through the twists and turns of the cobblestone street ways. Shops lined both sides of the street as they walked slowly turning into a residential area that went from the basic huts to soon glorified buildings that could easily house a family of nine or ten.

Brushing his palm over the neatly trimmed bushes that lined through the middle of the walkway as lantern posts were separated occasionally by the bushes; he would stop turn and gesture to the dark cherry red house that was dwarfed by the other two that were on either side. But it was no less majestic than the other two. The door alone had been hand carved with an intricate detail of a falcon soaring, little embellishments of gold leaf here and there before he laughed embarrassed rubbing the back of his head. "A bit over the top, yes?" Locke grinned silly as he jumped over the two steps that led up to the door, pulling a thin skeleton key from the inside of his shirt to unlock the door.

The inside was alit with candle light from the chandelier expanded the light to touch all corners of the somewhat messy foyer. Books and papers were strewn wildly about, some pages torn from other books to be piled loosely on another stack, a group of empty ink fountains had been clustered together on the smaller writing desk perched under one of the stained orange windows on the east side. His ears lifted making him hum as he could smell the wafting fragrance of freshly steeped tea coming from the side nook that he had made into a kitchen as it was evident they weren't the only ones here.

A platter clattered together as cups were being placed onto the carrying tray, a cupboard door shut tightly when he would side step allowing Sebastrian and Erexia inside, so he could shut the door. Again another clatter of dishware came from the nook before the sway of a shadow on the floor indicated the person inside was making their way out, revealing that Rhelic had already arrived back and was readying the abode for the guest. While he tried his damnest not to smirk at her manners, it pressed outwards.

In the fangs of her mouth hung out a thin hard cover book as her hands were filled with carrying the tray out into the common area, her gaze drawn downwards seeming to make a checklist of all the things she had; the stone kettle was steaming as a trio of porcelain cups clinked to one another playing simple music with that of the sugar bowl and the smaller bowl of honey with the wooden spoon tipping back and forth in the sticky mess.

Wrinkling her nose not overly capable of making a greeting to him, Rhelic pushed out a foot behind her to shut another cupboard before she felt comfortable enough to stride out full view and set the platter to the largest table. Plucking the book from her mouth only to rub a hand across her lips, Rhelic tipped her head to the pair before setting the book down beside, only to pick up the cups to set them around the table. Grabbing the cloth that sat in the back of the hem of her pants, she laid it over the hot top of the kettle to pick it up, pouring the almost deep purple liquid into the one cup. It didn't take him much to know that this one was for himself. She had known his habits fairly well.

"You've been busy I see," he chimed causing her to tip her head forward, reaching back with a hand to take a spoonful of the honey to swirl it through his own tea. "Please Master Sebastrain, Lady Erexia make yourselves comfortable. Lady Rhelic would be pleased to offer you something else if you do not prefer the sweet tea." He moved around the pair to reach across the table to pick up the book Rhelic had been carrying around. "Is this from the chambers?" he asked.

Her head tipped again curling the silver hair around her ear, "They were all a buzz when I arrived in the chambers," Rhelic spoke softly, "Something has the hornet nest riled and I dare fear it is something large. The chamber does not rile easy."

Now he frowned flicking through the pages, as Rhelic offered up the cup to him her gaze slowly turning to consider Sebastrain and Erexia waiting to see what they wished.

Humming some as he thanked her mildly from the side of his lips, his attention was drawn to the book before he shook his head closing it hard with a single hand. "Pardon me for my business, I will read more into the chambers requests in a bit." Locke motioned to Rhelic making her perk her ears up and turning to return into the nook, fetching out a smaller tray of assorted treats. What connection him and her had with one another appeared more like a servant and master than anything else, but was it really?

"Please," Locke made a motion for them to help themselves if they felt like it. "Now Master Sebastrain..." Rhelic took a step back from the table when she put down the tray, staying at the beck and call for anything. "I know this may seem forward but, I'd like to know as much as possible of the old war that you can recollect and what in detail, Xavier's destination is for this time around. While you may deny it as much as you wish," he patted his hand to the book he was still holding, "It may seem yours and our fates have been interwined."

Sebastrian smiled slightly, liking the idea of a cup of tea. He picked one up and spooned a little honey into his cup with a small smile. He then took a sip and his hair pricked up slightly. He looked over at Locke with an eyebrow raised before nodding slightly, "Oh yes... Uh... Where should I start? Because I was one of the ones to come in much later, so we weren't told why Xavier was creating the war against his son. Something about 'Stopping the other Elements from gaining Power'? I wasn't quite sure myself. Anyway... Well, the war started about 500 years or so ago. Where it took place, I can't remember properly, I know it was a valley of some sorts, huge valley at that... Well, it was Petreis' army against his fathers... For all me and my team knew, our only ideal was to get to Xavier and put a stop to him. We tried just that, but his army was at a thousand large, so we had to get through some of them as well. It was tough, very tough... We lost a couple of troops that were sent in after us. But we managed to get to Xavier. He was more terrifying than I though, he was tall, around nearly eight feet in height, his hair was Void black and his eyes were dark red. We knew he was mad with us killing his army, so he waged a fight with us, our team only five people, against a... God. It was painful, and horrible... I can remember the sudden pains that would jolt through my body as this happened... The blood that slowly dripped onto the ground from me and my group. We thought it was over, until the weakest member of our group, Dian, came up with an idea. She told us to grab onto Xavier, and don't think of letting go. She did the same, then casted a strong spell that she hadn't ever told us about... She teleported us from the battle scene to a huge cave before freezing us there, in pure ice. It didn't melt away, and for all us warriors knew, we had died. We planned to meet up in the Spirit Realm with each other to try to find a way out... To try to contact our families to find the bodies to unfreeze us. But we then found out, that the spell also froze our bloodline, meaning our close family was also frozen with us. So we constantly tried to get out, I had given up by that point and started training, and due to the fact that Time doesn't flow in the Spirit Realm, I became a lot stronger. It was hard adjusting back into the real world when I was unfrozen, I wasn't sure who by but when I got out, I saw Xavier wasn't there, and most of the team members had disappeared, I knew they had either been moved, or unfrozen by Xavier himself. "
Seb Breathed out, sipping his tea again and listened to what Locke was going to question. He recalled all he knew, and he knew a bit more to tell, but he wanted to hear the bird-mans opinion on everything. Erexia munched on a cookie as she listened, she had heard the story a couple times before, but it always made her fur stand on end whenever she heard it.

Finding himself sitting without realization, Locke was looking towards Rhelic though it was evidently clear with all that he was hearing, he was looking through her. He was troubled, this did not bode well in the least and the fact that they couldn't defeat Xavier the first time and had to settle for a freezing of a life time, it made knots form in his stomach.

Rhelic seemed equally as troubled, she having remained standing in the single spot she took residence in; she was chewing on her bottom lip fervently.

"While it has been a great relief to know that yourself have advanced in your skills Master Sebastrain, it does not bode well in my mind to think that Xavier has only grown as well. Especially if he was cast into the spirit realm in turn. What proved to be difficult for you all back then, seemed utterly impossible." Locke's gaze untrained from where he stared, slowly moving to look the other man dead straight in the eyes. "Lady Rhelic," coming to life when he spoke to her, she straightened her back to watch his gaze slowly turn back to her.

"There'd be no way for them to handle Xavier in his prior form, let alone a new one." she stated seeming to know what Locke was going to ask. "The chamber only has three fully grown Firllae," the word was harsh to hear, lewd as the natural native tongue of her people past over her tongue, "They would not be ready to even break across the barrier either."

Scratching the bottom of his chin, Locke shook his head. "Well two of them," he corrected as she conceded the bow of her head. "And knowing now that Xavier has wishes to use Lady Erexia to increase his already frightening reign, it only deepens the fear of this situation. In the end, this all effects all who inhabit these lands." Now it was his turn to bite his bottom lip, fingers drumming across the book cover. "You're thoughts?" he was looking again at Rhelic, her nose turning up while her eyes were looking over the pair.

"We don't overly have a choice, Xavier is a force that threatens all, friend or foe. Innocent or guilty. Balance that is already shaky is about to be tipped further until it is beyond the reach of men." Locke didn't overly seem like he wanted to hear that but said nothing about it. "But at the end of the day, I am bound by your law Locke."

Fingers began to drum again his mind just whirling with what could be done before he sighed heavily. "It is as you stated my dear, we do not have much of a choice." Straightening his back to sit upright, Locke opened a hand towards that of Sebastrain. "What if we find the other men and women that helped you fight Xavier before Master Sebastrain, could that possibly be of help?"

Erexia listened more, before her ears twitched when Locke had the idea of bringing more people helping. Sebsastrian nodded with a small frown, "It would. But they'd have to make sure they know they are risking their lives. It is for a good cause. I already have Zazen, the Forest Guardian on our side. He's waiting for a sign of war to actually come out..."

"We have Petreis' help as well!" Erexia finally piped up, finishing her cookie, "I'm sure the other Zextris' will help us... But we'd have to find a way to contact them..."

Finally a smile began to produce on his features soon followed by a lighter chuckle. "Well that is a relief that you have reinforcements, that surely brings a sense of ease to at least me." green eyes moved down to Erexia letting his grin spread a little further one way than the other making it rather crooked.

Moving forward to open her hands to remove plates and garbage from that table, Rhelic didn't seem so relieved by hearing such things. "You may use the chamber if you see if fit." she spoke to the pair in a way of contacting.

Blinking to her, Locke tilted his head. "Are... are you certain they would?"

She nodded firmly her own disposition reserved in a frail tense of uncertainty, "We are tools to be used, I am certain they would be obliged to help in any way feasible."

"I wouldn't think that they would be open to volunteering members so easily, it is a fragile organization already." he furrowed his brow, "But I suppose..." he turned to look at the other two, "They may be a small unknown force to many but they could be a great asset for the pair of you to gather word quickly. They are quite famous for their..." he glanced towards Rhelic, "Abilities."

"Abilities...?" Sebastrian asked, worried slightly. Not sure if to think of this as a good thing or a bad thing. Erexia stretched slightly with a yawn, she looked around, becoming restlessly Bored.

Sebastrian looked down at Erexia and shook his head before turning to Locke, "Well... We'll need all the help we can get in order to stop Xavier... It'll be hard to find the Zextris Princes... They're normally in hiding..."

Locke could see the worry that appeared against Sebastrain's face making his own lips curl into a gentle smirk. "Suppose I should fill you in before Lady Rhelic goes offering things that you may not understand, especially being out of the loop for so long."

He turned a brief look to Rhelic, a hint of her own sadness touching the ashy skin before it was quickly hurried away when she forced a neutral blank expression upon instead. "I am not acutely certain when it was formed but there is a committee if you wish, of a melting pot of species that are called the Chamber. While the name leaves much to be desired, they are certainly creatures who are determined to keep the balance between good and evil level." he gestured with his hands acting like scales. "I am certain they were created due to the havoc that the old war made. They are a very secretive society and though there name is known far and wide, they seek to outweigh any sort of evil that threatens to overtake the balance. Your Xavier is a prime example."

Rhelic picked up his cup when it was empty to put it on the platter seeing fit to start cleaning. "While I am not certain who make up the highest ring of the chamber, I do know they employ a handful of young and older bodies to work the reality world all over, making their connections." His hand opened to Rhelic, "As you clearly seen prior entering the city, Rhelic is capable of wind magic allowing her to move between places. She herself is part of the chamber's connection plan though..." now he frowned, "Most people are hired to be part of the chamber, Rhelic herself is a unique circumstance."

Lifting a finger, Rhelic pulled back grabbing the dishes not keen on interjecting a word edge wise; Locke pulled in a slower breath. "Agents to the chambers are often hired out to people like myself, Rhelic... is not. She had been sold into the arms of the Chambers when her father had defaulted against the chamber. In turn," he swallowed a little hard, "You can clearly see that Rhelic is more of a servant with myself though I do pay her, she is forced to work off the debt of her fathers to regain her freedom. But while she is paying a debt and is currently employed to myself, she is a part of the chamber. So in turn, what we have offered is her to return to the chambers to ask for them to start searching the country side for you companions," Folding his hand into one another, Rhelic had already disappeared into the nook to stay out of sight for the time being, "When she left prior, she was... doing research of yourself Master Sebastrain, which all you stated seems to have come back the same. Pardon us for being a little weary but hearing that you knew the forest guardian personally, it made us hesitant to know if you were really truthful or a con artist." he tipped his head forward.

"Either way, we both understand that all you have said is nothing short of the truth and in turn now we are offering you a way to contact your reinforcements through means beyond what I can assume you are capable of while still recruiting more at the same time." he slid back into his seat, perching his hand over top the book that had yet to leave his side. "I am a part of the chamber myself but only as a scholar. So I am not nearly as privy to all their workings but with Rhelic doing the research on you, it has alerted them to a fear that Xavier is tipping the balance and they are offering you a contract to us myself and Rhelic as possible reinforcements. Granted Rhelic would be more help to you than I am in the means of combat, but nonetheless; we are to offer our assistance." Locke remained serious, "And if you do not wish us to be involved, I am still to relent over Rhelic's contract to you. The chamber is not so willing to let you fight this alone."

Seb nodded, listening without putting a word in, "I understand. It does sound like it would sound like a Act. But no, I do know Zazen personally. He was one of the forgotten warriors..." He looked at Locke and nodded, "Well... That'd be good if they could help. We'd need an army against his own..."

Erexia looked around, ears drooping slightly. She yawned and looked around for Rhelic before starting to play with her tail due to her boredom.

"I do like the idea of having an army on my side... It'd help a lot... I'd say I want to Join the Chambers, but I'm loyal to Petreis... And to leave him, would... I'd hate the idea of leaving him when he's the prime target of his father."

Locke shook his head, "I'd dare not even think of you leaving the loyalty of your lord, Master Sebastrain." he wouldn't even suggest it honestly but he was grateful that the shifter was easy to understand and even better to accept help when it was being offered to him.

Ears moved before his gaze dropped down to look at the woman playing with her tail, a smirk brimming to his lips. "Seems the matters of war and antics is boring some." he adjusted the brim of his hat again, "But if you feel comfortable enough with all that I have offered, or rather the chambers have; I am certain we can start sending word to them asking for their assistance to find your comrades. Perhaps a personalize note that the contracted men and woman that would be sent out would be a good idea, that way they wouldn't think that they are being set up and are actually being requested by yours truly, Lady Rhelic?" he called causing the woman to come peeking out of the nook seeming to test the waters if it was best to come back out. "Would we happen to have a fresh ink fountain?"

"Two left, you have nearly exhausted it all with all your writing." she narrowed her brow, seeming to take the hint that she was to fetch some.

"Perhaps my dear," Rhelic paused coming out of the nook to look at him, "You could prove a bit of entertainment to that of Lady Erexia," he shrugged causing her to raise a brow at him now.

Turning her attention towards the curious bestial woman, Rhelic nodded slowly. "Erexia, could you assist me in bringing down the ink fountains from upstairs?" she asked sweetly enough though it was evident she wasn't sure how she was going to provide some sort of entertainment.

Erexias ears pricked up slightly and nodded happily. Standing up and half bounding over to Rhelic with a smile, she looked at Seb with a small smile and an ear motion that she had developed to tell Seb that she'd be fine.

Sebastrian chuckled as she moved towards Rhelic. "Sorry about her. She doesn't really like planning, it bores her just the tiniest bit. Normally when our group is planning she's holding a weapon or another object so she can occupy herself. But she's always listening, those ears of hers barely miss a word." He chuckled with a small smile.

Waving it aside with a grin, Locke chuckled. "Hey planning is not always the most interesting of things to be doing, if I could feign my interest with it sometimes I would, but I'd make a terrible liar." he lifted his brows turning to watching Rhelic glancing down to Erexia with a peculiar look and a slow nod. He knew how odd this all was for her, having usually only dealt with him, she wasn't accustom to others being around.

Taking the stairs by twos, Locke torn his attention back to look at Sebastrain, with a slight point towards the stairs. "You said you took her in, how long have you been unthawed Master Sebastrain?"

Coming to the top of the stairs to look around the easily cleaner area, this was usually one of her places to dwell while Locke overtook the downstairs with all his books and papers. "The ink fountains should be in the roll up desk there," she pointed towards the wooden grain of the desk tucked against the side close to a mattress of hay and a elk pelt laying across it, "I can only imagine we will need some unscribbled paper as well," she spoke to that of Erexia, stepping aside so she could find some spare sheets of paper.

Sebastrian paused, scratching his chin slightly, "I'd give it... Four or so years being back alive..." He said with a small smile. "Me and my old friend, Sereth Pepha, took her in when he found her with a pack of wild wolves. He saw potential in her, so he let her join the team. I'm happy to say he did the perfect choice in doing that... Not only have I saved her life, she's saved me a couple of times."

Erexia nodded and started to look around for some paper, flapping her wings twice she managed to get a meter in the air before looking around and spotting some paper, landing and walked over to it, lifting the paper up with a smile. "Got the paper~!"

"So much has transpired within those years then," he leaned back in his chair his attention firm on the stairs all the while a hand stroked thoughtfully down the taper of his chin. "I do not doubt that you pair make a incredible team Master Sebastrain. It is a blessing that you and your comrades were able to find her before Xavier could have possibly but still... makes you wonder what happened to the rest of her kind."

Locke sighed a little dropping his gaze before he smirked, "Look at how I have been all this time, constantly asking questions here and there not giving you a word in edge wise. I should ask how you are feeling to this time Master Sebastrain and is there anything I could possibly answer for you?"

Tilting her head slightly curling silver hair back behind her ear watching the curious woman leviate high enough to retrieve the paper, Rhelic cleared her throat to unlock her gaze away.

Turning away she nodded, "Thank you Erexia," she offered a smile back as she lifted the roll up door to the desk, looking at the small box that would have been where the fountains usually sat. She knew she would have to order more before Locke became interested in a new book or research.

"Other than, is there any signs of Xavier capturing the other guardians..? Or has his rule stretched futher than what I feel it has?" He asked, stretching slightly. He was worried about where Xavier could easily catch them. He then realized something, "Well.. For all I've Been told, her breed was slaughtered mercilessly..."

Erexia smiled, her tail wagging, "I'm happy to be a help~" She said with a huge smile. She looked around, wondering what should happen next.

Listening acutely to any sort of questions Sebastrain had, Locke frowned a little before his hand opened in a loose sort of shrug without his shoulders. "I can't say I have heard yay or nay about any more of the guardians honestly Master Sebastrain, but in the same word I wouldn't dare say that they aren't being affected in some way or another. I'd like to air on the side of caution and assume they are in just as much danger as you could possibly think." Locke lifted a single brow with a hum only to sigh and shake his head. "Such misfortune, for such a race to be cruelly slaughtered. Madness, honestly."

Plucking up the fountains into nimble fingers while she closed the rolling door of the desk, Rhelic turned a slow eye across her shoulder to consider Erexia and how happy she seemed to be. This one seemed like she was easily amused or at least kept a happy facade on with ease.

The soles of her boots clicked against the ground before she would pause a bit before Erexia to open her hands for the paper, of course thanking her in the process. "H-how long have you been with Sebastrain, Erexia?" Why had she asked that, it seemed odd to her but she was legitimately curious.

Erexia held out her hands happily, tail swaying slightly, "I'm not sure the actual date... But, it's around three and a half years we've been teamed up together. How about you and Locke?" She asked, smiling slightly. She heard the slight stutter but didn't try to question it. She didn't like the idea of questioning why people talked the way they do.

Sebastrian nodded slightly, "Yeah... Knowing Xavier... He's probably after them..." He said, pondering it with a small frown, he was thinking back to the last time he had seen a guardian, and he knew it wasn't Zazen... If he remembered correctly, the last one he saw was Vacin, the fire guardian.

With how they behaved and seemed so content with one another, it seemed far longer than three years and some. Though clearing her throat due to her own nervousness about being with this woman and asking such a question, Rhelic blinked to her. Pulling the papers up to her chest, she chewed on her bottom lip.

"Around ten years." she answered easily enough but she was still not overly content about it. "His mother held my contract before him."

Rubbing his head, Locke sighed heavily. "Dare I ask what would Xavier hope to gain by wiping out the guardians. If he knew anything about the elements, he would understand destroying them would only throw off the balance of the earth itself. I dare not think about what sorts of hells could arise from that." he shuddered with the mere thought, turning an eye to Sebastrain.

"But what is common is the need for him to be destroyed."

Sebastrian nodded with a small frown, "What is worse is that he's the darkness guardian as well... So killing the other guardians will give him more power..."

Erexia nodded slightly, listening happily. "Oh~ So, you're bound to him by contract... And yet, you don't fully listen to him... Wow, you're strong willed~!"

This was just getting better and better, when he lifted his brow to look at Sebastrain with the darker look. "With all the knowledge at my disposal and that of the chambers, it seems like we still know next to nothing of Xavier. It's frightening and madding all at once." he huffed, pushing his chair out. "Either way, his defeat would benefit many. I wish I was more up to date on Xavier, knowing what sorts of hells and trials he has created in his vast lifetime."

A quirk of a smirk twisted at her lips as her eyebrow flicked upwards. "I am not bound to him! I am merely given to him." she didn't overly like being considered property of Locke, though in retrospect it really did look that way. "He controls naught my mind or my mouth. He is a stupid man with stupid ambitions for plants and knowledge that drives me crazy and in turn forces me to protect his pathetic hide time and time again. It is not worth my patience and time yet, I am bound by the contract and by when he pays me." she rattled off, folding a stray strand of hair back before lifting her brow again to Erexia. "I am strong willed, that is what makes me good at my job." Twisting some to indicate down the stairs, Rhelic shook her head. "I would never fully listen to him unless he has a complete plan of operation that i could agree with, but that happening is next to nil."