Can you?

• Mos Def

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Becouse there is a big fucking difference when it comes from someone who is from the other side of that ugly history.
There were also Black People on that other side though, who without their help Slavery would never have been a thing.
And all the white people who were involved in that slavery are dead now, no one here is responsible for those crimes.

No one is responsible but white people still reap the benefits from those times.

I'd see it as a fair-turnaround. At least from the impresion I got, that black ppl refer to every woman they meet as a "bitch" or "hoe". Not sure how acurate that is, since I mostly got that impresion from the movies (we dont have alot of blacks here, I can count the number of them I seen on 1 hand), but if it is true, then I'd have all the more incentive to get under ther skin... deep. Political corectness is for pussys.
Yeah, I think that impression is more from the movies. ^^; I haven't actually encountered or talked to black people irl, though.

Political correctness? I dislike that term, but I do understand why it is necessary. Sometimes. *shrug* I don't really care for it. I just want to treat everyone politely, and how I would like myself to be treated, by my own standards. It's pretty hard for me to actually dislike anyone enough unless they tick me off with certain opinions or topics, and even then I don't actively confront those people.

I love that Stephen Fry quote btw Gwazi - he hits it right on the head. Ppl being ofended by something. Big fucking deal. Like I sayed in one of the other threads, ppl need to grow thicker skin.
People do need to grow thicker skin, I agree. It's pretty annoying when you realize you can't please everyone. At some point someone's going to be all 'offended' even when you're trying to be fair-minded and just. That's what ticks me off. If people learn to at least think before getting all up in other people's faces in offense, I would be a lot happier and I don't even go out of my way in discussions or debates. ^^;

Reactions: Marchosias
Legacy Gwazi. Shit doesn't exist in a vacum. We are still reaping the benefits of our collective history. A bunch of benefits most of the people actually use the word as endearment, aren't enjoying on the same scale.

Instead of being pissy about it, think about the legacy YOU want to pass on. We have the chance to make a difference, small or big. Help straighten a crooked world.

I find it strange. Owning the word to a point other groups want to use it in the same connotations to which you've subverted that word, then forbidding these groups to use it. I thought them adopting your terms is the fruit of a linguistic victory.

I don't think it's so much about power as it is about division. While we should respect each other's feelings, I don't think we should use them as a wall to halt social progress and unification.

Also, I really dislike having to use words like 'you' and 'them' and 'groups' in this post, because frankly I think it's disgusting and backwards I have to divide people in groups in an argument about not being divisive.

Either way, consider this my closing statement for the thread. I don't want to see what this might devolve into.

That's the stupidest fucking generalization I've heard - and I browse Youtube a lot.
Wel if thats true, they realy need to work on their image a little. Because in all the movies I seen, black ppl are portrayed as thugs and low-lifes. Not to even mention their music...

It's almost as if media is manipulative.

Like Kestrel, I can see this quickly entering thread lock territory so I'm just going to leave with a closing statement.
think about the legacy YOU want to pass on. We have the chance to make a difference, small or big. Help straighten a crooked world.
I am thinking about that constantly.
It's just that the legacy's that we desire are different.

Your's (from what I gather) seems to be more about being caring towards everyone's feelings.
Mine put's a higher value on openness, honesty and removing barriers between people.

Wel if thats true, they realy need to work on their image a little. Because in all the movies I seen, black ppl are portrayed as thugs and low-lifes. Not to even mention their music...
More like you need to leave your parent's basement every once in a while.

Sorry for contributing to the derailment of this topic.

More like you need to leave your parent's basement every once in a while.
Cute. Like I sayed, there arent many black ppl around here, so all I know about them is from the media.

Ok, breaking the rule briefly for this.
Cute. Like I sayed, there arent many black ppl around here, so all I know about them is from the media.
This is basically the best advice I can give you.

And... I'm out again. o/

Sorry for contributing to the derailment of this topic.

All the more happy we'll make @Grumpy 8D nah, but seriously, this thread is way past any potential for people to learn or discuss in a mature manner. Might be time for a lock.

The more I read the OP though the more it looks like a joke/troll anyways. So if that's true, congratulations everyone, we caught bait!

Reactions: Hana

It seemed civil and reasonable enough before the word 'fucking' was interposed in the discussion and some things got personal. Agreement and disagreement is part of a debate, don't get offended or riled up. That said, I'm out too, cheers.

Well... Even if I could, I wouldn't use it. Feels weird when I say the word, and we have different slang than y'all English speaking people, so no, I can't and won't really use the word "nigga".

when-your-black-friend-calls-you-my-nigga-for-the-first-time-spiderman.jpg

But, seriously. I was born in the city and raised in a neighborhood where it was widely accepted to say as long as it was used in a friendly manner and not as a cut-down. I've still used it in various different places in a friendly way and none of my peeps get mad for it. The only version you can't use is the "double G with an E" version.

Niggas too sensitive now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.