Eternal Grief (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My weekend is going to be a busier than I'm used to, but I'll try to have a post up Saturday or Sunday regardless. If not, I can definitely have one up by Monday.

Reactions: redblood
Hey guys, my hand is feeling much better and I'll be able to reply soon :) @Clear You are the only one who hasn't posted your first post yet. Are you still with us?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Lawkheart
Hey guys, my hand is feeling much better and I'll be able to reply soon :)
Yay! I'm glad your hand is doing better Sensei

Ah, just realized I had got Elias and Zach mixed up in my post.
Stop having so many older brothers, Nicholas!
This is because I almost named the youngest brother Zachary, and the oldest brother Elias, but then changed my mind last second to flip it the other way around.
Oh well, it's been fixed. :P

As I've said, I am ready to post, but right now I'm waiting for Clear to tell me if they're still up for the RP or not.

@Clear you have until Saturday to post. If nothing has come in by Sunday morning, I will move on and you will have missed your chance. It has been three weeks since the RP started, you've had a lot of time. (This will be sent to his inbox too to make sure it's not missed because of alert error.)

GM post to move into the mansion will come on Sunday. (Earlier if we get the last post). Sorry for the delay people. I hope everyone are still eager to continue. Hopefully we can get to a once a week posting speed next week ^^

Reactions: Jakers
As I've said, I am ready to post, but right now I'm waiting for Clear to tell me if they're still up for the RP or not.

@Clear you have until Saturday to post. If nothing has come in by Sunday morning, I will move on and you will have missed your chance. It has been three weeks since the RP started, you've had a lot of time. (This will be sent to his inbox too to make sure it's not missed because of alert error.)

GM post to move into the mansion will come on Sunday. (Earlier if we get the last post). Sorry for the delay people. I hope everyone are still eager to continue. Hopefully we can get to a once a week posting speed next week ^^
Yea, I'm still up for it. Sorry I've been focusing all my RP time in another Group RP I'd started. I'll have something up by tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

I just saw the ic and realized that I've fallen behind a bit. I'm sorry if I'm slowing anything down. I'm still here and interested but I've got exams now. *sigh* I'll be trying my best to keep up anyway and I'll start posting more regularly as soon as I'm on break

@redblood

*Shuffles feet* Um...I sort of forgot about this rp, and I've gotten involved with others, so I need to drop out. Sorry!

I just saw the ic and realized that I've fallen behind a bit. I'm sorry if I'm slowing anything down. I'm still here and interested but I've got exams now. *sigh* I'll be trying my best to keep up anyway and I'll start posting more regularly as soon as I'm on break
Don't worry, you're not behind. Everyone have done one post each now, so we're just now getting into it. :)

@redblood

*Shuffles feet* Um...I sort of forgot about this rp, and I've gotten involved with others, so I need to drop out. Sorry!
Ok, sorry to hear that. I'll auto move your character for a bit and then make her mysteriously disappear from the group. You will have a chance to come back with her (if/when you feel you have more time on hands for another rp) until she stands on the death list. Otherwise there will also be chances for new characters to appear later on.

• Thank You
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Try to get your replies out by the end of the week guys. We want to keep a steady pacing ^^

(Note: Do not read this in an angry tone. I am not angry, I just wanna explain the situation and know what's going on. I might be a bit blunt about it, but if you take it as me yelling at you, you are reading it wrong. o__o)

Give me updates people. It has been a week since I asked for your replies and there hasn't even been a "I'll be late with my post." If you are busy, tell me. If you want to drop out, tell me. If you don't get alerts, check the IC and OOC at least once a week to make sure you don't miss anything.

Tell me now if you're still with me, and if so, I want an IC reply before 24th of May (Sunday next week) is over, and after that I want one reply AT LEAST every other week, though preferably every week as that was the post count I asked for in the rules. No replies for two weeks and no explanation to why, your character will be put in the mansions unknown labyrinth and disappear from the group. Sickness and certain circumstances will of course be excused to a degree as long as you tell me why you can't reply during that/those week/s. No need to go into detail if something has happened IRL, just say that you're having big family issues if that's the case.
WARNING: Lying will not be accepted. I will notice if you tell me that you can't reply because of RL issues or sickness and then you continue to write in other RPs daily. That WILL be an instant kill for your character. I'm sorry, but if you have time to write every day in other RP/s despite your RL issues, but you can't even give one paragraph a week to this, then you clearly aren't interested enough. Don't use a false excuse just because you don't feel like writing in the rp at the moment. The truth will set you free, or at least keep your character alive for longer.

I don't want to be harsh, but when it takes three weeks for everyone to get out their intro posts, and only one person has replied during the time period of 1½ weeks after the GM post was posted, that's when you know things are going too slowly. If we don't get this up in a better tempo (One reply from each person every other week AT LEAST. The clock counts down from the day the GM has done a post.), I will close the thread and start over at a later date, and people whom I don't trust will reply in time will not be allowed back in. As a GM I trust you to follow the rules and be able to post on time (except during certain circumstances like sickness), and if you don't do that, I will hesitate to let you in to my RPs in the future. I'm sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but I really want this rp to continue and have the pacing I asked for or at least an every other week pacing. I allowed a slow tempo for the intro posts since I became sick and couldn't give a GM post anyways, but now it's time to get this back on track (if enough people are still interested). If you're stuck and don't know what to write, ask. I might be able to help you figure something out.

So update me people, what's going on?

@Jakers @Lawkheart @Clear @WhoopDau @Cwolf0615 @Rambunctious @☭Killer~ @Ayla

@Jhuton has replied since the last GM post and is thus safe. :applause::confetti:

Going to be honest...
Totally forgot. I get in a bad habit of not checking all of my alerts when they pop up.

I'll have a post up within the hour.

@redblood -

I'm still here! I just... I honestly don't know what's been up with me. Being that it's the last three weeks of school, and standardized testing (which we need to pass to graduate) is coming up first thing next week, school has just been... crazy busy. Our teachers always go on about how we'll be winding down near the last few weeks, but they never actually seem to. The main problem is my Biology teacher, because she's just crazy, or mean, or both. She's been giving us 5-6 assignments just for over the weekend. If there'd one time I want a break, it's Saturday and Sunday, but every Friday she gives us a ton, and then says something idiotic like "Two for Friday, two for Saturday, and two for Sunday! So you aren't bored!".

But uh, mini rant about my Biology teacher aside, I've just been terribly busy with school and homework, and real life responsibilities. My little brother has been acting up something horrible, which makes my job of 24/7 caretaker much more difficult. He's been keeping me up all night, he's too old for this crap. More importantly, though, I just... I think I have writer's block. Where as writing a roleplay post used to be simple and fun, it's been a struggle the past few weeks or so. I've been having this problem with all my roleplays lately, but it's particularly bad with this one. I've sat down many times to try and write a post since the GM post, only to find myself sitting there silently for an hour with absolutely no idea whatsoever to write, before I finally have to abandon my efforts and return to doing more homework. If I had to guess, I'd say the writer's block itself is from stress, since I'm just a big ball of it without any of the added stuff I'm dealing with lately. As for this RP, I think I'm having extra difficulty with it because It's so new to me. I haven't had a chance to write as Nicholas much, and it makes it much harder for me to get into character. I've personally just been waiting around for other people to post, because I'm hoping that, once they do, I'll be able to find some inspiration and make a semi-decent post of my own.

Small post, but there isnt anything I can work off of just yet.
hope its alright ;u;

@Ayla Your character kind of forgot to acknowledge or react to the fact that dozens of bats just flied over their heads when the door was opened o__o I'm not an expert in human psychology, but most people would probably notice if such a thing happened.

@Cwolf0615 Too bad to hear that :/ I guess your character will have to silently follow the group until your finals are over and hopefully you can come back then.

The same goes for you @WhoopDau
It is kind of odd not to even acknowledge the existence of the dozens of bats flying over your heads when the door opens.

Oh I figured that she'd already done that, I skipped it lol.
I can edit if you want.

@Lawkheart you can say that Nathan follows your character, if I'm allowed to that. I couldn't think of a way for them to get inside together.

@redblood okay, I'll change it. I just forgot about the bats.

@Lawkheart you can say that Nathan follows your character, if I'm allowed to that. I couldn't think of a way for them to get inside together.

@redblood okay, I'll change it. I just forgot about the bats.

@Ayla Don't skip things. React to the things that has happened IC since the last time you posted if your character was close enough to see it, otherwise it will be as if your character just didn't cared or didn't notice or didn't exist during those minutes. You don't have to write about it in great detail, just make sure that it seems like your character was there during the time, saw and acknowledged what happened.

@WhoopDau As long as you allow it, it is totally fine for others to move your character for you.

REMEMBER PEOPLE
: Always read the GMs post CAREFULLY so that you don't miss the details. React to the things I give you in the GM part of the post when it is something big that no one can ignore. If it's something small like a whispering sound, then your character might miss it if they aren't paying attention, but something big like a lamp falling to the ground or bats flying out of a building, you won't miss it. Your character needs to acknowledge the existence of these events even if someone has posted something afterwards that takes the IC beyond that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.