EquinoxSol x RangerKay

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Niko nodded, not trusting himself to be able to speak quiet enough. Gently, his hand rested on hers, and he sighed softly, though he was feeling the stress of the possibility of being found.

She gripped his hand tightly and nodded to both of the men.

Niko sat up straight, waiting for the sounds of Republic soldiers searching for them.

Annabel lay down, her head resting on Niko's lap as she yawned. Thomas smiled and ate another fruit chip, patting Annabel's legs that were by him.

Niko simply sat there, trying to be as quiet as possible, feeling chills running up his spine every time he heard something.

Annabel yawned again, closing her eyes as her head rested in Niko's lap.

Looking to Thomas, Niko said, "I'll keep first watch, I guess..."

Thomas shook his head, putting a finger to his lips. "I will...you watch her..." He whispered, standing to his feet as he sat to listen by pressing his ear to the floor.

Niko nodded, gently lying back. Not daring to let himself close his eyes, he simply did as he was told--watch Annabel.

Annabel continued to sleep, half in and half out, vaguely aware of what was going on. It was also known as the 'warriors sleep'.

Niko was careful not to touch her too much, in case she started awake and needed to move quickly. Still, it was slightly endearing, to have her head in his lap while she slept.

Annabel sighed, reaching out to curl the blankets in her arms like a teddy bear.

Thomas looked over, a hand on his lips and had to quickly stifle a giggle.

Seeing the smile in Thomas' eyes, Niko frowned at him, rolled his eyes, and crossed his arms over the back of his head, propping it up slightly.

Annabel curled closer, hugging the blankets tighter.

Thomas frowned, putting his ear back to the floor of the treehouse as he heard movement on the forest floor.

Seeing Thomas frowning, Niko gestured, "What?" before leaning up slightly.

Thomas pointed at Annabel, who was twitching and starting to moan in her sleep. He mimed Niko putting a hand on her mouth.

Thinking, 'She's gonna bite me,' Niko did as Thomas motioned, gently placing his hand over her mouth.

Annabel shot awake, her hands going to the one over her mouth as she trembled. She stopped just as she was going to pry the hand off and beat the living daylights out of whomever it was. Looking up, her features softened as she realized it was Niko and she kept her hands on his, noticing that Thomas was listening to the floor.

Niko brought his free hand to his lips, shushing her. He didn't like that he had scared her so, but he felt it was necessary. However, he did like the feeling of her hands over his, though he would deny it if asked

She nodded, closing her eyes again and gripping his hand in hers. She knew she had a tendency to thrash and call out in her sleep. He had been wise to put a hand over her mouth.