Empty Bottles

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassia felt annoyed as a young teacher came into the classroom briskly before introducing herself and explaining their professor wasn't in. There were two things that annoyed her. The first was that the teacher looked like she should be a student. The second was that she never breathed when she spoke, as if she was afraid of speaking to a class of teenagers, and it made it difficult to understand her at all.

The board told her the things they had to do, and the teacher began handing out a comprehension. Cassia was annoyed more when she realised it was about Shakespeare. She couldn't see why she needed to study the man himself. She'd struggled with the plays.

The pen in her hand was laid softly on the desk. She had to read it first, and she was a fast reader, which often made up for her writing troubles. But, some of these words were so long. What on earth did hypothesis mean? Or influential? Not understanding was hard, but feeling stupid was harder. The pen remained on the desk even though it should have been scribbling on paper by now. She thought, perhaps, she could use a dictionary. Except, she didn't have one.

106k0ow.jpg

To his disappointment, a substitute teacher came in, informing their English teacher was sick and that she would take the class. Which was funny, because she was not that much older than the students, maybe five years, give or take a few. Max groaned aloud, letting his chair fall back on all fours. There goes all his hope that this class would have been cancelled. All is lost. He let his forehead fall on the desk in bitter loss. Kyle reached out to pat him in the back absentmindedly while his eyes were still on his textbook. In Max's opinion, someone who was being sympathetic and enjoyed class time, did not count as a very good comforter in this case. He was betting Kyle was actually happy. Freak of nature.

Some comprehensions were handed out, and eventually the slips of paper also reached the back of the classroom too. Kyle was already reading it eagerly, but Max was folding it up to make an airplane He could read from the baseball capped boy if he really needed to or wanted to. Before long, Max was leaning his elbow on the desk and his chin on the palm of his hand, and sent out the paper airplane on its virgin voyage, and it took off rather well. The sub-teacher was so overwhelmed by the class that she did not seem to even notice Max doing it, until the airplane hit the chalkboard with a quiet 'thock.' The young woman glanced at the airplane, swallowed hard and then continued on her breathless droning (by the end of every sentence it sounded like she tried to suck in the words) like nothing just happened. Max slumped back on his chair, feeling a little disappointed how anti-climatic the teacher's reaction had been.​

Cassia knew where the aeroplane had come from. The back of the classroom. Where the "troubled" ones sat. Where Maxwell was sat with his friend. She scowled, turning around, and then whispering to the student next to her, asking the other girl what the words meant. After a kind explanation, Cassia smiled. She could finally start the work and began writing it down, yet she wrote so slow.

7a75d9b22c68cfe4c7a66bb5ee8c1d97.jpg

Freya had been spoken to, and smiled kindly. She was one of those girls who wanted to be everybody's friend. Too kind at times. She had a loving family too, and she knew there was probably nobody as lucky as her. So she wanted the world to be happy. There just didn't seem to be a way of annoying her.

((OOC: Yup, I totally just made this guy look and act like that guy... you know... THAT guy. >.> I also hope I got the country right xD Also, sorry for the longer posts... Kind of used to those =/))

Capture_zps9tsksqdy.png

Alan Crawford, or Al for short, was a bit of a mystery to people who didn't know him well, which many didn't do as he was a transfer student, having moved here quite recently from England due to his parents deciding that they wanted to live in America, better work and stuff like that.
Al was the sort of person that sat in the background and watched, unless it was something that had caught his interest. But he wasn't anti-social per se, he knew how to hold a charismatic conversation and didn't shy away from people neither. He always seemed to be doing what pleased him the most and wasn't afraid of bringing his opinion up, not matter how atrocious that opinion might have been. He didn't act overly nice towards people nor was he a total asshole neither, but he always wore a sort of devious look about him whenever he showed up, if he even showed up. And thus Al doesn't consider himself a charismatic leader but more of an observer; a tactician. He didn't know of a much better way to entertain himself than watching people reacting to different situations, most of these situations having been created by himself. He wasn't someone who could be trusted. In short, he was a sort of manipulator, always trying to find some way to get what he wanted. And there was ALWAYS something happening, always something to amuse him.

Today was different though, not a single fun thing had happened during the entire day, not to mention that he was LATE TO ENGLISH CLASS because he'd fallen asleep on a bench outside of school due to how boring this day had been, for him at least. So now he was running full-speed through the school hallways, obviously being in a hurry to get to his destination. Unlike what you'd think, Alan cared quite a bit about his grades, it was essential to have good grades for the life that came after school as it could get you further than having bad grades. It took a short while for him to get to the class, he wasn't sure how far they'd gotten by now, but Al saw himself being pretty quick on his feet. He opened the door, out of breath from the running he smiled at the... teacher? Seemed like there was a different one today, a sub-teacher. She looked unusually young to be teaching in this school, but that didn't bother Al. "Ah... I'm late it seems." He said and feigned a nervous grin, the young-looking teacher turned to look at Al who seemed more shocked than anything. What? Was this the first time she'd seen a late student? Not to mention that she seemed extremely nervous. Al mentally shook his head "Alright, let's just move on and I'll go sit down, yes? It'll be like this never even happened." He spoke and put on a small smile and the nervous teacher just nodded and continued with what she was doing earlier. Al moved to the back of the classroom, where a scary-looking person with a baseball-cap and a blonde boy, who seemed extremely bored, was sitting. Alan sat down on the seat beside the bored person, and put down his notebook and pens on the desk. He glanced at the blonde boy and smirked a small bit "Bad day, huh?" He whispered out loud enough for him to hear. Completely understandable, nothing about this day had been entertaining.​

((OoC: I'm British and actually really unsure who you're referring to. David Cameron? Ed Milliband? Nick Clegg? Farage? I feel like I'm missing out on a joke.))

------

Cassia smirked as someone came in late, it was quite funny to watch the teacher be unable to react to all the negative things that were going on around her, with a blank expression. The smirk widened as the boy, with a crazy sounding posh accent as if he had tea with the Queen of England on Sundays, sat next to Maxwell. She turned around, and her eyes widened, pleased as the boy spoke. Then, she turned back around.

"You look like you're going to plan some sort of evil revenge. It's not going to hurt anyone?" Freya asked Cassia. "Nobody to worry about."

[ ooc: What my mate Faust is trying to tell here is that just totally did not rip off the character Orihara Izaya from the anime Durarara!! so if you haven't seen it, you wouldn't know. ]

106k0ow.jpg

Max was incredibly bored. And he absolutely despised to be bored. This class had been going on less than five minutes and he was already ready to pull himself up into a human yo-yo. It was always the last class of the day that seemed to be defying everything you had learned about understanding how time works. No matter what, the time seemed to be about five million times slower than normally. And when you felt like you had been sitting stuck in the classroom already at least the half of it, you would realize the clock has barely moved at all the last time you checked it.

Some guy came late for class, and sat down next to him on his right side. Max did not really react to it in any way, and kept looking like he was about to start decaying right there where he was sitting. It was only when the dark haired boy on his right addressed his words to Max when he cared enough to turn his attention to the guy. Was he trying to make small talk? Max was not really a small talk type of person, but at this point, he was ready to take any bone thrown at him.

"You could say that," the tawny eyes flickered briefly towards the guy's direction, before they were moved back to the chalkboard, as if he was interested in it any way, "But hey, Hakuna Matata, eh?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason sighed when her melancholic words came to his ears. He grasped every syllable that came from her mouth, like how a man takes everything he can from his family before being sent off to war. It made him more depressed, yet he mustered his coueage and continued following her, even after she said Farewell.
''Im not mad.. I just.. I know you know that I don't know you that well, but..-''
He opened the front door for her again, knowing it'd be the last door for him to open for her. Jason even followed her down the sidewalk, her face seeming like she just santed to go home.''I just really wished we could've... Been something. Can you just promise me, that this won't affect our friendship?'', the sorrow words filled his cheeks with a light red. His emotions were out of whack, so he couldn't help himself anymore.

Brianna simply stood there, her brain clouded with thoughts. Is this really the end? can't she turn back time and not say those painful words? What the hell is happening to her? "Maybe we can be..I.. I don't know anymore..." she stated and looked at him "I'm so confused, Why do my brain tells me to just be friends with you yet my heart says to be something more?" she asked, feeling that she's in the brink of insanity "Is it wrong for me to let you go? should I trust you? will you never hurt me?" she cried, clutching her head out of frustration and leaning her head to his chest "I don't know.. I don't know anymore" she sobbed "I'm tired with all of this. I'm tired of being confused and hurt. I want everything to go away! I want to go away!" she cried, pounding his chest with every word.

This is the very first time she had an emotional breakdown. All the stress, the drama. Everything seems to push her to the edge. "Please, please let me die.." she whispered unconsciously, and then she passed out.

[OOC: @Superepicboi sorry for my character passing out. I don't know what I'm writing anymore xD]

((Oh, I see. Haha. Go me listing political leaders. I actually thought he was based off a politician. Since he literally just described them.))

---
Freya wanted to know what Cassia was looking at, and noticed the three boys. "Is one your friend?" she whispered, confused. "Quite the opposite," Cassia replied, wrinkling her nose at the very idea of Maxwell being a friend. Even an ally disgusted her. "I have something up my sleeve. That's what people get when they cross me," Cassia told Freya as she clenched one fist, before releasing it again as if removing the hatred from her soul. "Ouch," Freya said. "I'll remember that. I'm Freya Drummond." Cassia nodded, "Cassia Hart."

Freya's quick mind lived up to her expectations. She was scanning her memory. "Cassia Hart? As in, Victoria Hart's daughter?" Cassia nodded. She didn't like people referring to her like that: the girl who's mum was dead, Victoria's daughter. The worst was when she thought hard about it, and wondered if both her parents had died even though one was still around. "Poor you," Freya replied.

((OOC: No worries, It's perfectly fine. :D.))

Jason listened to every word that spilled from her soft lips, the confusion, the stress, the pain and somehow he could even hear a bit of romance in it. She began falling back, in which he didn't let her fall. He carried her as if she were his bride and he were her groom. Jason was in good shape, yet he was struggling just a little. ''hush darling.. Everything is fine, just rest..'' he whispered as he carried her around on his arms, using her phone which he grabbed from her pocket to find her home.

Upon reaching her home's property, he lightly placed her atop the small wooden chair, seated over the front patio. He left a note on a sticky note, kissed it, then left it on her chest. The note goes as follows.
For your troubles.
Jason also left a small poppy atop the note, along with a small beverage he bought on the way over. Before leaving, he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, then sat down on the stairs of her patio, waiting for his sleeping beauty to wake up.

((OCC: I feel like a total dumb-ass now since I didn't state who it was... xD))

Capture_zps9tsksqdy.png

The blonde didn't seem all too interested in talking, nor very interested in anything at all. He turned his gaze towards Al a very short while before looking back at the chalkboard "You could say that, But hey, Hakuna Matata, eh?" The bored one said, to which Al nodded. Hakuna Matata indeed. Well then... what to do now? He could of course just sit and scribble nonsensical stuff, but he didn't quite feel like doing that right now. He leaned forward and looked to his left, to where the guy with a cap was sitting. He was reading some sort of comprehension, which Al didn't have yet, nor did Mr. Blondie next to him have one neither. Judging by his attitude, Alan deduced that he'd thrown it away and thus came to the conclusion that he didn't care too much about grades or school. Those sort of people kind of bored him... Those who didn't seem to care for anything at all, what point was there in this world if you had nothing you cared about? Those people simply boggled his mind. "Hakuna Matata, you say. I find it hard to believe that you're that sort of person. If you were, you wouldn't be this bored." He spoke out of experience, then again he might be completely wrong. If there was one thing Alan had learned over the years it was to never Judge a book by its cover.​

106k0ow.jpg

Max turned his glance towards the new kid again, cocking his eyebrows up at his statement.​

"Aight, Sherlock. That's pretty heavy coming from someone who's talked to me less than thirty seconds." He deadpanned, the tone of his voice sounding quite unimpressed by his seat neighbor's performance on character judgement. Kyle, who had not lifted his gaze from his books even for a second, snorted in amusement on Max's left. Obviously he knew better than the newbie. Because if Maxwell Everett was good at something, he was professional level in not giving a damn and putting things behind him and never glancing back again. It was at times really frustrating trait in the blond boy, making him hard to grasp and get really serious on anything.

"'S not like there's much other choices in this dungeon, is there?" Max offered as an explanation to his boredom, the eyes of amber soon turned towards the front of the class again, and he let out a dramatic sigh. "School's made to sap out the fun of life, you know? Unless you happen to be a freak of nature, like Kyle-boy here. I actually believe he's bit of a masochist... Or he might have been dropped on his head as an infant. I never quite came into a conclusion which is it. Just take your pick, I guess."

"...I am still here, just sayin'." Kyle added with a singsong voice, still not lifting his gaze from the text book, but which Max casually ignored.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loud crashes and voices shouting woke Brianna up from her dreamless sleep. She quickly sat up and realizes that she's not at school anymore. "What happened?" she asked no one in particular "All I remember was crying and then…" she abruptly stopped upon seeing herself on her home's patio, lying down on the wooden chair with a sticky note on her chest "What the hell…" she mumbled and picked up the note.

To your troubles she read and smiled unconsciously "That boy…" she muttered, seeing the small poppy beside her and a drink. Another crash came inside the house, and the voices got even louder as she heard the front door swung open "The fuck is wrong with you? I'll be back whenever I want!" her father shouted angrily, putting on his coat. "Hi dad" she greeted and got a fake smile in return from her father "Pumpkin, how long are you standing there?" he asked with a strained voice and sighed, holding the bridge of his nose "Never mind, I'll be out for the whole night okay? Your mom's being a…" he trailed off, walked to his car and drove off, but not before giving the boy on the patio, who Brianna didn't notice because of the tall plants in front of her, a deathly glare.

She only smiled and waved her hand in goodbye, shouting as loud as she can
"Be safe okay?" Her mother was at the door, her eyes red from crying but smiled nonetheless upon seeing her. "Welcome home sweetie! Oh, who's this handsome young man?" her mother asked in a preppy voice, looking at the boy sitting on the patio stairs.

She looked over to where her mom is looking and saw Jason sitting there, with his hand on his cheeks, looking like he's waiting for her or something.
"Shit." She cursed under her breath and saw her mom talking to Jason "Hi, I'm Sophie, Brianna's mother, are you perhaps her boyfriend?" she asked teasingly, waiting for the boy's reaction.

"Mom!" Brianna shouted embarrassed "Why won't you fix me some snacks or something? " she asked blushing red and walking over to Jason, her body in front of him as if she's protecting him from her mother "Aww, Brie's all grown up!" her mother cooed and ruffled her hair "Alright then, I'll make some snacks for you two. You can come in if you want, my future son in law~" her mother teased once more and went inside laughing.

"Ugh" Brianna groaned out of frustration and faced Jason "Uhm, sorry about that" she apologized looking down, her face flushing red out of embarrassment "I didn't mean to sound rude and anything but, what are you doing here and how did you know where I live?"

Jason looked up and pulled out his earbuds. He stood straight up, like a military private to his commanding officer. ''No ma'am.. Heh, I wish though. She's too perfect for me, haha..'' he said in a shy voice, not wanting to sound too demanding. ''You seem like a very sweet woman, would you mind if I called you Sophie? Or ms... Misses.. Uh.. Well, she hasn't told me her last name yet, Hehheh.. May I come inside?'' he asked in a nice and welcoming demeanor.

When Sophie left the two alone, he walked over to her and smiled. ''it's alright.. Your mother is quite a delightful to live with.. Your father.. Ehh...''
''I used one of your mother's texts from your phone and tracked the IP to this house. I'm good with technology, heh.. Sorry if it's a bit.. Stalkerish..''

Brianna stood there with her mouth agape "Y-you tracked my house using an IP address?" she asked in shock and slightly shuddered "Remind me to never let you borrow my phone, and also not to be stalked by you. Who knows what you'll do to me with technology." she said while walking to the door. "Uhm, before you enter my household...could you promise me that you'll never speak about what happened here and at school? I don't want my mom to get worried or anything..." she asked a little hopeful "Also, about my mom...just don't let her get to you, okay? She likes to tease, a lot" she said. "Ugh, why do I feel like I'm introducing you to my family as my boyfriend? Getting this nervous and all..." she muttered under her breath and went to the kitchen.

She saw her mom pulling out a fresh batch of blueberry muffins out of the oven, her short red hair bouncing.
"Ah, I was wondering what took you so long outside. You didn't kiss, did you? ~" her mother teased again "Mom!" Brianna exclaimed for the second time, face palming. "Oh, I'm just teasing, pumpkin. I know that Jason's a fine, young gentleman. I'm sure you're not on his dirty thoughts yet. Am I right, Jason?" her mother asked the poor boy, placing the freshly baked muffins on the kitchen counter. "So, why are you guys so early from school? Did something happen?" her mother asked the both of them, eyeing the two as she started to peel some apples. Brianna just grabbed a muffin and ate it, ignoring her mother's question. She looked over to Jason and whispered "don't tell her anything."

Her mother looked between the two whispering and gave Jason a mischievous smile
"Don't tell me, you got Brianna pregnant and you're here to ask her hand in marriage? Huh, kids these days. Didn't your professors teach you to use protection?" she asked with a straight face, and then burst out laughing.

If Brianna could die out of embarrassment, she's dead by now.

Jason blushed deeply at her response, sighing as he chuckled, putting his hand behind his head and continuing the blushing sequence. ''Ehheh.. I just.. Hung out with her after school.. I walked her home, and here we are now. I enjoyed every moment of it. You did give birth to a fine lady, and it's an honor walking her. I must get back though, duty calls! Heh.. Well it was nice knowing you, but I should get home. I mean, if you'd like me to go, I can. I don't want to rush or be a burden here.''he said as Jason took a muffin, nibbling it a bit sweetly.

Brianna flushed red upon hearing him say that she's a fine lady. Her mother, Sophie, saw her and her smile grew even wider "Oh no! Not at all!" Sophie said as she ushered Jason and Brianna to the living room. "Tell you what, how about you stay for dinner, so that I can get know you, hm?" Sophie proposed while looking at her daughter who was clearly a blushing mess. "Mom, didn't he say duty called?" Brianna muttered "Hush you!" her mother scolded "Jason clearly has a crush on you, sweetie! Even if you've brought so many boys over here, I've never seen you blush like this before!" she said and looked over Jason "Don't mind her, dear. She's got a huge crush on you. That's why she's acting like that. Do you want to see her baby pictures?" her mother asked Jason innocently.

"Ugh! Brian!!!" Brianna shouted and immediately loud footsteps can be heard rushing down the stairs. A tall redhead came into view. He was the spitting image of Brianna, except taller and he's clearly a male.

"Who is he?" he asked, looking menacingly at Jason "Hey, if you think you can take away my twin sister from me then think again. I'm not handing her to some douche like you." Brian stated, glaring daggers at Jason while he took Brianna into his arms. "Mom, let me kick his ass" he muttered

"Brian! Don't say that in front of Brie's boyfriend!" Her mother scolded, pinching his cheeks. "Have you finished your homework? Did you clean your room?"

Now, the room was chaos. Brianna sighed and looked over Jason to see his reaction.
"I got a rowdy family huh?" she stated and looked at him with an embarrassed face "L-look, i-if you w-want to s-stay for dinner it's f-fine. B-but just b-because m-my mom wanted t-to okay?" she said, ignoring the noises in the background

Last edited:
Jason began enjoying Brianna's family until her booming brother came downstairs, though he towered over him by 2 inches, he still spoke to him, mustering the courage in his body before he left his room. He poked his chest as he spoke with anger. ''Now you listen here. If you think that I will just come into your life and steal your sisters virginity, you have another thing coming. You must not know a lot about love, or anything related to it. Don't expect every boy to be the same like you, Douche.''

After saying his Heinous comment, he looked over to her mother that was almost a bit in shock. He spoke to her in a softer tone than with her brother. He only intended to straighten up Brian, who was being a complete jerk to him.

''Sorry for my language, Ma'am. The only problem here is your Sons' attitude. I do wish I could've met the better side of him. Perhaps I could help finish him in his Studies? That sounds nice for me, I could get to know him. After all, he is M'ladies twin brother.''

Capture_zps9tsksqdy.png

The blonde was unimpressed by Al's judgement, but Al had suspected as much from him. The other dude snorted while he was still reading the book he held. "'S not like there's much other choices in this dungeon, is there?" He offered as an explanation, but Alan couldn't completely agree with it. Sure, the classes were quite boring and while he knew a couple of people who loved doing homework and sitting through classes, it still never ceases to surprise him whenever he met those people. Al did his homework simply to keep his grades up, which most others did most likely, save for the few who didn't bother with them at all.. "School's made to sap out the fun of life, you know? Unless you happen to be a freak of nature, like Kyle-boy here. I actually believe he's bit of a masochist... Or he might have been dropped on his head as an infant. I never quite came into a conclusion which is it. Just take your pick, I guess." Al grinned, holding back a hearty laugh. That dude in the baseball cap? The guy that looked like he was some sort of leader for a street-gang? Man... He could never have guessed. "Are you serious? Pfff... I'm pretty sure I'll have to go for both the options then." "Kyle", as the blondie called him, certainly didn't seem like the sort of person that'd be very interested in school at all. Was he simply trying to act tough...? Even so, he certainly didn't seem like the sort of guy you'd want to mess with, which made him all the more interesting. "...I am still here, just sayin'." Kyle said, notifying them of his existence. Al began tapping the desk with his fingers "If I were to judge I'd say he seemed like an ordinary thug, I suppose the saying to never judge people's appearances holds true yet again."

The teacher suddenly addressed the trio at the back of the room, "I assume you are finished?" Cassia rolled her eyes. Considering the teacher was fairly young, she should know that communication was part of life. Normally boredom triggered it. "I assume they aren't," she muttered under her breath, and Freya giggled. She found everything pretty funny if it was said as sarcastically or rudely as Cassia just expressed.

The phone, like it usually did, vibrated and asked her the same question. When, when, where, where, one day it'd drive her off the edge, she knew. "Can I go to the toilet?" Cassia asked the teacher, pretty quiet, before grabbing her bag without an answer and leaving the room, towards her locker. She knew the messages wouldn't end until she was home or at least called him, and she was going with the second option, since bunking off was not really her thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.