Elven Wars

"of course we do, however it is not my place to give it to you. Ill tell the queen of your request when she arrives though" he said locking up the stone cell that was coated in ice before taking his place just to the side of the cell its self. Surprisingly, the wait wasn't long, it seemed to be almost a half hour wait before Tyru made her way down to the dungeon. In her hand she carried a tray filled with various foods. Giving his queen a bow before standing straight again "he has asked for whiskey, shall I go fetch him some?" he asked. Tyru paused for a moment before giving him a nod.

'yes that will be fine" she spoke before having the soldier unlock the cell for her. Stepping in with caution her eyes locked on her new prisoner. "I know our food is not like yours, but if you don't like it I suggest simply not eating it." she knelt down to place the tray on the floor, she stood a few feet from him keeping what she thought would be a safe distance.

Pyro eyed her "you know you don't have to treat me like a disease. you could at least hand me the tray like a civilized person" There was something about her that made him relaxed, something he was never able to do around any woman but she was different. "Would you mind sitting with me? Like a normal person." He scooted over the bench to the far end on the wall and sat down on the floor. Placing the tray next to him. Eying everything and a pear that was very pale and looked like it was frozen over, he did like fruit and this pear was so interesting. He took a bite and smiled making a pleasured noise "This is so good. Better than the food I usually eat. Its hard and not spicy like it wants to burn your throat off" He shook his head and held out his hand "I'm Pyro by the way. And even though you hate me I'm still going to be polite"

Tyru looked at the ban before her, completely taken back by his sudden politeness. She hadn't expected that in the slightest. A bit unsure how to react at first, she let out a sigh "you know, you're quite strange. I thought all fire elves were cruel and ruthless. Or are you simply acting polite so that I spare your life?" she moved closer to him before cautiously sitting on the bench with him. Hesitantly she extended her hand to his, although her face didn't show how frightened she really was of the boy, her actions did. Her fingertips grazed the palm of his hand, her hand retracting slightly before finally taking grip "my name is Tyru." his skin felt hot to her, she wasn't sure if it was due to her being an ice elf and her body temperature was simply colder than most, or if it had something to do with him being a fire elf and his body temperature was hot. Perhaps a bit of both caused the drastic difference in body heat.

A smile appeared on his face "I don't mind being killed, I'm not scared of death in the least. I just like to be polite" Pyro took more bites of the pear and mumbled more good things about the fruit "I think I fancy this fruit of yours, it had a solid flavor and tasted great" He was talking about the pear. But the fox rang into his head "Sorry about your fox girl. She was buried, I saw that much" He had released her hand and smiled. Looking around the cell and keeping an open mind about the whole situation. Pyro was beginning to feel a little restless, something about her in general made him shiver with a certain feeling he did not know of, it worried him and his mind flickered to mental visions. He shook his head, that wasn't okay.

"well we do try to keep the best of our food in the palace" she said, bringing her hands to rest on her lap. Face saddened at the mention of her friend. "I see" her tone grew quiet, eyes gazing to the right momentarily. "in the end it was her fault though. I told her not to go but she went anyway. Stupid girl" she said, trying to regain her usually cold attitude.

"You cant believe that. For being a Stupid Girl she saved your life, she saved all of you from being burned to death. And you call her a stupid girl" Pyro shook his head and bit into another fruit that looked like a Papaya but he wasn't sure, it tasted good enough. Pyro decided to remain silent, he had expected her not to listen and just torture him, but then again maybe she thought eating cold food would be torture enough. But he wouldnt. She was expected to ask him questions and see what happens.

"She blatantly disobeyed my orders. But im done talking about her" she said, not wanting to become too emotional in front of him. "tell me, is your army planning on another attack?" she asked getting her mind set back in the direction she had intended. After all, why wouldn't she want any useful information from him?

Pyro shrugged "I do not know" He lied, he was a very good liar and he knew it all to well. He shook his head at her comments, she didn't understand the fox died for her own good and all she can think about is her orders and how they were disobeyed. She wasn't fit to be a queen if she fought with herself like that. Life wasn't about the orders she was giving and the life she was living.

eyes locking on Pyro she sighed "well then what do you know? and dont think i wont torture you for answers. i might have just become queen but ive watched my father rule for years" she said, as if trying to assure her self she knew what she was doing. in reality Tyru never really was interested in ruling, or at least not alone. she had figured that by the time her father passed she would be married. all she thought she would have to do is sit there and look pretty, but that wasnt the case due to her fathers unexpected death in battle.

"That after we were done destroying your land and burning your corpses we were heading to the goody goody Earth elves." Pyro was finished eating so he could sit back and rest his head on the bench, he had a bad headache and it was throbbing in his head like nobodies business. Sad enough he had an ache in his side, probally from one of the soldiers he fought or the fox wench. He groaned his head hurting for moments.

she accepted his answer with a nod. "well.. i hope for your peoples sake they dont return. now that our forces have been sevverely damaged we will have the help of the dark elves. they owe us after all" she said. the shadow elves were quite brutal, they were known for their ability to move in the shadows undetected. their skin was black as night, eyes completely white. although her kingdom once helped them defend their territory it wouldnt surprise her if the shadow elves would still ask for some sort of payment for their help. her attention was captured by the return of the soldier. he brought the drink their new prisoner had requested earlier.

"here you are, just as you wanted" the soldier said, holding out a frosted over bottle to Pyro.

"Thank you my good fellow" Pyro snagged it and drank it halfheartedly, taking small sips to save its flavor. the Dark elves were powerful, but what she didn't know was that the Fire elves had a treaty with them, they made a peace treaty and the shadow elves told no one, or they were not supposed to. Under the circumstances, Pyro had been on missions to supply them with food since the last war had destroyed their crops. If she didn't know then it was to be kept that way. He wasn't paying attention to her after he got his tonic. They were going to keep him prisoner as usual. The only real threat to the fire elves was wind and water. Wind refused to battle anyone last he heard and Water elves were so stuck up they wouldn't do anything that would make them regret getting their hands dirty. Pyro just decided to let her think she was safe, but as long as she was alive and held him captive her and her people would never be safe.

Tyru watched Pyro for only a moment before retreating to the cell door. "ill return in the morning with more food" she commented in passing. the soldier following behind her he only turned around to shut and lock the door once they were out. the clicking of her shoes echoed in the dungeon, really it was the only sound in the area since Pyro was their only prisoner. the sound faded as she reached the top of the stairs and the soldier sighed, taking his place next to the cell.

"might want to try to get some rest, by the looks of it you could use a bit of sleep" the soldier spoke calmly, but didnt turn his head to look at Pyro as he did.

Pyro had already closed his eyes by the time the clacking of the heels left his ears, but they still rang in his mind for minutes after. He'd find it hard to sleep, he was in an unknown place, his heart was thumping and the dragon raged to be free. He wasn't going to give them the leverage they needed to beak his people, the only one who knew about his dragon form was the fox wench and she was dead. As long as he followed their rules and didn't allow the dragon to attack within him, he would be fine. He fell asleep soon after the soldier said so. They must have poisoned the food.

the following morning Tyru stuck true to her word and returned to the dungeon, quite early. she was dressed on another one of her fancy ice coated dresses, her hair was perfect and so was her makeup. however she wore a tired look on her face, it was clear she hadnt slept very well. Tyru only stopped infront of the cell door long enough for the soldier to unlock and open it for her. in her hands she carried a tray of breakfast foods and a small bottle of one of their finest drinks. it had the clarity of water but tasted more like a fruit.

Pyro was still sleeping, having fully believed that the food he had eaten was indeed drugged. He slept peacefully and occasionally twitched. His mind speaking with the dragon inside that he once thought a god. He knew better than to worship the beast inside of his body, the beast that took over his mind. He rarely dreamed of anything worth having dreams about. The old saying of his people 'When dreams come, nightmares follow' Pyro had taken that lesson to heart, as a kid he hated nightmares. Would always vow to never sleep again. But as he grew up and became accustomed to killing, his nightmares became his friends. He fed of of what they showed him, he became almost fearless because of it.

When the door opened the dragon inside of him roared in his mind. Pyro opened his eyes and looked up at the tray and at the queen who had appeared before him once more. A new tray of food and a bottle of water. Though something told him it wasn't water nor alcohol and he sought out drink it and discard it as drinkable. Pyro sat up and groaned, his limps numb and stiff from the bare floor. He had become shirtless during the night, using his armor and his shirt as a pillow. He was fully muscular and his muscles edged his form. He had checked himself last night as well, not being able to sleep for the 3measly minutes. He was of no harm and once the poisoned food kicked in he was asleep. Pyro ran his fingers through his hair and looked up at the queen once more "Good morning" he said kindly.

"Good morning" Tyru responded, as she slowly nelt down by his side and set the tray next to him. Her tired eyes looked up from the ground to meet his momentairly, before they quickly darted to the side. Although she tried to hide her emotions most of the time, she was still very tired. Seeing the man in this sate, without a shirt, made her pale cheeks flush to a rose pink. Even she couldn't deny that the prisoner before her was attractive. "Um, if there's anything else you want then let me know. I'll see if we have it" she continued to speak with her gaze anywhere but on him. Not knowing how to handle the situation she simply continued to speak, hoping it would somehow distract him from the obvious burning sensation on her cheeks.

Pyro watched her and the light flush in her cheeks. He smiled softly and turned to grab his loose white button up shirt that he used as a pillow. He liked keeping white things white so he covered it in his armor to stop from getting dirty. He shrugged it over his head and grabbed the water trying to distract his gaze from her and her flustered look. He eyed the bottle, the aroma of fruit clinging in his nose. "I know this isn't much to ask but to you it might be. I have no intention to harm you or anyone else while I am in this castle whether it be in this cell or not. But I would like to get some fresh air and exercise my joints. I don't wish to die in here a blob of goo" he imagined himself a blob of skin and bones and he shook his head from the thought, pressing the bottle to his lips. Glancing around the room and not at her directly. Feeling that she was still blushing.

His request caught her attention immediately. Her eyes turning to look at his face once more, she stayed quiet for a minute as she studied his expression. "Well" she spoke up when she mentally decided he was telling the truth. "I don't know about taking you completely out of the palace. But i can walk around with you inside and out onto the balcony?" she suggested. Sure it wasnt exactly what he requested but it would have to do, at least for the time being.

Pyro weighed his options, he could stay in here but the picture of him being a blob was not what he wanted. He nodded "Very well' at least he got out into the open. He didn't want to be able to stay in this damaged grungy place. But what about the other kingdoms, he didn't want to admit it but he was very sure people were coming to kill them all including him. He stood up only drinking the fruit water, whatever it was and the same pear looking fruit. He wasn't very hungry after his nightmare. He wouldn't eat till dinner.