Elven Wars

With a slight nod Tyru rose to her feet. She walked back to the door and pulled it open before exiting the cell. "My queen, shal I walk with you?" the guard asked. He ws unsure about what Pyro might try if they were left alone, however she simply waved her hand at the guard.

"No, I will be alright. There are plenty of other guards around incase something happens" she spoke rather calmly while she waited for Pyro to leave the cell. The palace was big, and for the most part she really didn't care where her and Pyro would wander off to. Just as long as he didnt leave her sight she would be alright.

Pyro stood up and simply walked behind her, already feeling that he gave her a false sense of security. He had that effect on people, all Fire Elves did, that's why they were rarely trusted. They provided false security and hid their true motives from the rest. They were also killers, each with their own way of torture. Pyro liked lashings and burning alive, it amused him to watch how human skin under the right heat would melt like wax and leave nothing but bone. He was merciless in battle. But he wasn't in battle and he was as of being out of this cell an unwanted guest. He would try his best to be hospitable and gain all knowledge of this place even if it killed him. He needed to know as much about this castle as he could. But for now he would keep that UN-noticeable.

Tyru lead the man up the stairs and out of the dungeon "Be careful, the floor can be slippery if you're not used to it" why had she bothred to warn him, she didn't have the answer but she continued on anyway. "This hardly seems appropriate given our current situation, but would you mind telling me a little about the fire elves? Not their plans but rather what your daily life is like? Growing up ive heard nothing but bad things about fire elves. It makes me wonder if youre all just cruel beings or if my father made you out to look that way simply because of the elemental difference." She had become quite a chatterbox when her guards wrnt around, but she didnt care what he thought about that. curiosity was getting the best of her.

Pyro took on the steps gently, holding onto the wall since he was positive he would fall on his face. But he took thought in her question and decided to answer it truthfully hoping she was smart enough to let his words go through one ear and out the other. "Nothing fancy. As a child, you go to school, learn history and topics such as that. By the time you are 10 years of age you are lined up and the women line up in one line, men on the other. The king goes down and asks you questions, if he likes your answers then the men go on to be trained as warriors. If not they are to go back to school until their 20th year and they go through the same task. Women are tested, in sewing things of that nature, and placed into groups that follow with their abilities or talents. And some women, whether they are pretty or have the best figure are chosen and work for the King and Queen in the castle." He grabbed the wall and stopped, trying to regain his footing on the steps before he continued "When you reach 40years as a warrior you are allowed to leave and find a job among the people or continue being a soldier. Every month we hold festivals, to celebrate the fire god Seika. We eat, drink, play games of our people, dance. Those sorts of things. They are truly fabulous"

Tyru fell silent as she listened to his explanation. Eyes glancing to him everytime he slipped and stumbled. Although she tried, she failed to keeping a small smile from forming on her lips, the man looked a bit rediculous trying to keep his footing. "That sounds rather interesting, not at all what my father told me as a matter of fact" she replied as she slowly held out a hand to him. "Let me help you. You can't use the wall as a permanent source of support" she offored. She paused in her steps to wait for him to take her hand, she felt as if she was offoring her help to a child. Though she knew he was the polar opposite of an innocent child. Still, the thought amused her none the less.

Pyro took her hand, thankful that she offered since he was scared off falling on his face. "Thats not surprising. What did he tell you?" he was interested and smiled once he saw her beautiful smile onto her lips. He was sure the feeling inside him was happiness, though he was also sure that today of all places wouldn't be the time to be happy when he had a job to do. So he stayed focused and glanced at the ground. Not letting go of her hand knowing he would fall if he let go of her.

"He would tell me that the fire elves would hunt down and capture others just for sport. They would torture their prisoners in the dungeon, only giving them a slow and painful death without reason. He would tell me that they were cunning creatures who would lie to get their way and not think a thing about it. I however find that hard to believe.. I don't think that an entire race could lead their lives down such a path. But i have no dobt there are some elves who are like that" she spoke rather calmly as her fingers slowly closed in on his hand, her grip was firm yet gentle. when Pyro would slip she too would stumble to keep him frm falling. So far, she was managing to keep them both on their feet though it was a bit of a struggle for her.

Pyro was shocked at the type of lessons these elves had learned about his race. Most of it was lies but then again most of it was true. The shadow elves had taught them to be merciless, thats how the shadow elves were so with their treaty they were drowning his race in hatred. It came to no surprise that others wanted the fire elves dead with all those rumors. Pyro shook his head "Well thats not right at all" he felt his feet grow tougher on the ice, and shook her free of his hand once they reached outside into the courtyards. "Best not to make your soldiers wonder" he didnt want to cause any commotion about their little act of holding hands.

The thought of what others might think hadn't crossed Tyru's mind in the slightest, though she did agree. It was best not to act in a way that would draw any unwanted attention. So as a simple reply, Tyru nodded. Her hand returned to her side the moment it was free from his grip. "You're probably right" she said before letting her eyes glide around to look at the all too familiar surroundings. The ground was coated in stone and light powdered snow. For looks there was a small garden containing ice shaped flowers. Clearly they were not real flowers, they just resembled the shape. There was also a large ice sculpture of her father in the middle of the said flowers. Something that would need to change now that she was the one in charge, though that wasnt at all what she wanted.

Pyro listened to her clearly seeing she wasnt worried. Better than he was, he was finally free and out of that cell he didnt want to get put back in because he was touching the princess and they thought he was going to kill her. But that was the last thing on his mind at the moment. Gaining her trust and staying out of that cell was the thing on his mind right now. He would like to keep that on his mind. But the statue made of ice confused him "Is that your father?" he asked keeping his voice low to keep the gaurds off his back about anything.

"Yes" she replied in a quiet tone, no doubt looking at the said statue. "Whoever is the king at the time gets to have their own statue here... clearly he is no longer around. Now i'm supposed to have a statue of myself there but i'd rather not. In the past there has never been just a queen to rule her people. The king was always the one to take charge but as you can see I have no king. My father once told me if something like this were to happen I should be quick to marry. Even if it meant marrying into another elven race, because that would at least mean I would be safe and taken care of. Though if I did that our race would mix with the others and eventually the ice elves would die out.

"Well I am sorry. Im only a warrior so I wouldnt know. If your people repopulate then your race would be saved wouldnt it?" Pyro was surprised by how much he cared about this, it wasnt his problem though. And he tried to remember what he was really here for but it seemed to slip out of his grasp. He wasnt supposed to care this much but he did. He was a different race then her, so even if he wanted to help he couldnt. Elves were a dying race anyways, he couldnt help that and neither could she, but it would be nice to think that you could save someone even if you died in the process. Pyro fell silent, not knowing what else to saw to comfort the situation.

Tyru turned her attention back to Pyro when he spoke "yes, and I might have to. The royal bloodline will be soiled but at least our race will survive a bit longer. Most of our men died in battle though. And if I were to bed one of them I would still need someone to help rule our people. If i'm pregnant i'll grow moody and tired and I wont be able to make very good decisions.. though it's not like i've been making very good calls anyway" she offored a faint smile, as if trying to make light of her situation. It faded with a soft sigh however and a shake of her head "Anyway, i'm sorry I shouldnt be talking to you about his. Boring conversation hmm?" she had no idea why she opened up so easily to this man. He was her prisoner not her friend. Ever since Daeta passed she had nobody to talk to. Perhaps he was just the next best thing so her thoughts and emotions seemed to pour out when she was around him. Maybe in a way he was melting her ice barrier, he was that of fire after all.

Pyro shook his head "No, not boring. Just makes me feel like there was something i could do about it but thats too late to help from all the damage I have caused" he thought, wondering if there was something he could do. But he didn't like volunteer work and most likely the newly found queen would have to pay a price, whether big or small. He could turn dragon and repair her castle if it would make her happy which he felt like doing. Making her happy. He didn't understand it but it was probably cause of what she was talking about that made him feel somewhat ashamed of killing those people and making her defend herself alone. He felt like a monster.

"If you really want to do something to help... Then don't try to run. It's kind of nice being able to go on a small walk like this and just talk" Tyru admitted, pale eyes studying the mans face. "You may have killed many of my men but at the same time.. I don't specifically blame you. You were just doing your kings dirty work, so to speak" her hands moved to fold together infront of her body, thumbs slowlt twirling with one another as if to keep her feeling busy with something.

Pyro nodded, but he knew it would only get worse "My king will be looking for me, your majesty. He will not stop until he finds me and brings me home. I have the power to defend this castle in fire, if you wish for me not to run. I won't" Pyro pulled his gaze away from hers and looked at the grass, kicking softly at the dew that had formed on the grass. His mind running through events and what he thinks his king would do to get him back. The king knew of his godly abilities and wouldn't let the elves of this castle keep him captive.

"You must be very important to him then. If that is the case, the situation I am in is far worse than I thought" She spoke with a small frown on her face. Silence filled the air for what felt like a life time to Tyru. A thought occured to her, though she doubted his king would go for it. Still, she decided to share her idea with the prisoner. "Do you think.. your king would agree to us joining forces? If I have to marry into your kind then I will" her voice became quiet the longer she spoke. The idea frigtened her a bit, but she was willing to do it if she had to.

Pyro thought "If it comes down to this as your choice I will try my best to bring him to your thoughts. Marrying my king is a failure in the least, his wife wouldn't allow it and his son takes his place. His son is a rotten child who has chosen a wife already. You'd have no choice but to marry a warrior. I will try my best when the time comes to make him see your point of view" Pyro sighed, he felt like the rotten son of the king, though he wasn't royalty in the slightest. But he wanted to help.

"If it comes down to it I am willing to do whatever it takes to help my people, even if it's only in the slightest" she explained while nodding. It really didn't matter to her if she married into the royal family or not, just as long as her people were taken care of in one way or another. "Perhaps.. if you stay true to your word I could let you contact your king. We have messenger birds that could deliver a letter. Or do you think he would be more willing to listen to you in person?" she knew Pyro knew a lot more about his king and how he would react than she did. Hell, Pyro knew a lot more about war than she did too. really she was just a naive little princess who got thrown into a big girl role.

"My king believes in contact, he reads how you act and judges from there. If you send him a bird to deliver a letter, he would think you were weak and spineless and not answer at all. If he saw me that would add things into your favor" Pyro answered, taking time to stop and sit on a ice bench to calm down. It was chilly in this place and the more he moved the more body heat his body made to survive. Sitting would lower his chances of overheating.