Elven Wars

A

Ashe1992

Original poster
The morning sunlight kissed the palace that was made entirely out of ice, and bounced off in many directions. Thick flakes of pure white snow floated slowly to the fluffy white ground. This quiet majestic place was hidden deep within the mountains, far away from any other kingdoms. This kingdom in particular belonged to the elves of ice. Unlike other elf races, ice elves could withstand the cold. Their skin was pale; they were quiet and mainly spoke only when necessary. However their princess was a bit of another story. <o:p></o:p>

Within the tall ice palace, sat a beautiful elf in her ice throne. Her long legs were crossed, her right elbow propped on the armrest and her fingers lightly holding up her face. Her dress was a light sparkly blue with a long slit up the left leg, stopping at her thigh, while the top of her dress hugged below her shoulders. Large and small ice crystals rimmed the top of her dress around her frail shoulders. On her neck she wore a white choker with a deep blue jewel.
<o:p></o:p>
"What is it?" the princess said, herbreath visible as it escaped her lips. Before her; knelt one of the royal families many soldiers. His iced over armor clung securely to his body.

"Princess, I bring terrible news" his voice shook when he spoke, his eyesf ocused on the reflective ice floor beneath him.
The ice princess sat up straight,she could hear the shakiness of his voice. Ice warriors rarely showed any sign of fear or nervousness, so this peaked her interest. Something terrible must have happed.

"Well? Tell me" she pressured thesoldier before her.

"It's your father" the man continued. He heard the princess stand suddenly, her heels clicked against the frozen floor. "He gave his life in battle, the fire nations soldiers will behere by morning. We need your orders my princess."

There she stood, as frozen as the palace around her. just like that, her father was gone and she was left to rule. Her pale blue eyes widened with fear while her hand covered her heart.She was all alone.
The silence seemed to go on for minutes; finally the soldier brought his eyes up to see what his princess would order. For a moment, she looked terrified, confused, and helpless. A state hehad never seen his calm and somewhat cruel princess in.

"Princess, your orders?" hequestioned, for he could not order the soldiers without her permission. Withthat, she snapped out of her frightened daze. Her eyes once again hardened like ice. Her hand that was once clasped over her chest flipped some of her pale blonde hair back over her shoulder with confidence.

"Gather anybody willing to fight, give them a weapon and prepare for battle. The children will stay in the palace with me. Surely the fire nation does not expect us to flea when the odds are against us." She said with a smirk on her lips "We will never run, not as long as I, Tyru stand here as your ice queen!"
With a quick nod,the man stood and left the frozen palace to do as his new Queen ordered. The throne room fell silent after the large double doors shut with a clank sound,as if two large crystals tapped together. It was then; Tyru noticed a female figure standing to the left entrance of the hall. Tyru didn't bother to lookand see who the female was simply because she already knew. The woman who stood loyally by her side for years was named Daeta. She was not an elf but alegendary snow fox. Unlike a regular snow fox, she was able to take human form.She had a power she called foxfire, a bright blue flame she could control however it had its limits.
"It seems we are atour limits." Tyru said in a quiet voice, she was still looking at the double ice doors where the soldier had left. The fox female stepped out of the shadows and slowly walked over to the Queen. Her short white hair swaying with hermovements, her large fox ears perked slightly to catch anything the Queen mightsay.

"Then why do you send them to battle if you already know their fate?" Daetasaid her voice was low but strong.
"I do not knowtheir fate; elves are unpredictable just as humans are." Tyra said, finallyturning to look at her friend and protector. "The chance of our success in themorning is low, but something unexpected could happen and drive the fire elvesaway. However I am not expecting a miracle of any sort to happen."
"I see, and if ourdefenses are to fail?" Daeta questioned cautiously. She sometimes was unsure ofwhen to speak and when to stay silent; Tyru had a tendency of showing uncalled for anger that lacked any particular reason.
"All I can do istry to flee with the children and whoever else can make it out alive." She responded with a saddening sigh. Her pale hand reached out and grabbed theloose shoulder area of the fox's blue and gold kimono. "you need to startpaying more attention to your clothing, if I were a man I might have the temptation to overpower you in a situation such as this"she warned, and pulled the sleeve back up over her shoulder covering the skin that Daeta was unknowingly showing.
"Forgive me, Ididn't notice" Daeta said her face lacked emotion although she was a littleembarrassed. Without another word Tyru moved to a window and peered outside ather fellow ice elves. Just as she had ordered, the soldier was rounding up anybody willing to fight. All that crossed Tyrus mind was how long of a nightit was going to be.

High Soldier Pyro. Nobody knows his real name.
[SPOILI]
My-fave-bishies-again-anime-guys-7720355-476-674.jpg
[/SPOILI]

His eyes scanned the Ice Castle. Soon it would come crumbling down into chaos which had always had a spot in Pyro's life. That and fire were the only things he looked forward to in the mornings. The spilling of blood wasn't his favorite but he did it because it was the right thing to do. War for land was the best type of war, use the territory against your opponent. The land was covered in ice, could easily be burnt. He had the perfect plan to destroy the castle from the inside out, heaven forbid that the king should deny it. He said it was too dangerous to send his best men to get captured. He was scared, Pyro was scared as well but that didn't stop him from wanting to get the land for his high king. The ice surrounding the castle used to be a moat, the water froze over during winter one day and its been cursed to remain frozen. This war would be easy.

The stomping of men broke Pyro's concentration. He growled but stood up tall and saluted to his leader, the king. The king was a 6foot, 65year old, grey haired man. He wore a mahogany robe, that rose fire from the bottom in cloth. It covered his black steel soled boots and his armor. "Sir Pyro, are you ready to send your warriors down. The sun is bright and we have the power of fire on our side now"

Pyro nodded "Yes, my lord, we must attack before the moon rises" He waved to the fire elf king and turned back to face the ice castle, it would soon be his. He couldn't wait to infiltrate the castle and destroy the kingdom. Another side of him didn't want to let the castle the destroyed like this. the castle would be burnt to the ground and all the people killed. Yet he had to do his job or he would be killed in battle and never be able to return to earth again, a task he never wanted to do fully alone.

Pyro made short clicks with his tongue at the other soldiers, their bodies flat on the ice and their armor shining in the suns rays, the sound coming from the castle told Pyro his men were about to meet others, the noises were anything but silent. His dark red hair slowly showing through the snow and ice. And his casual non armor outfit that hugged his abs tightly. It fell silent for a while and Pyro stood up slowly and waved to the soldiers. The archers stood up and followed close behind Pyro. The held themselves tall and aimed their arrows into the sky. A few quiet seconds when by and they fired, the sound of wind being sliced in half folowed by the sound of screaming and grunts.
Pyro looked back at his men and nodded, they all stood up and charged.

Tyru's body tensed up when she saw her remaining soldiersrush into battle. They had arrived sooner than expected. Daeta returned to her queen'sside, gently placing a hand on her shoulder.
<o:p> </o:p>
"My Queen, I should get you to safety right away." The foxgirl was clearly worried about the fire elves gaining easy access to thepalace. They were after all, at an elemental disadvantage. Tyru stood insilence, thinking things through. She couldn't just abandon her people but ifshe died, the ice race would die out with little to no return. They needed someoneto rule and it had to be her bloodline. Finally,she spoke.
"I will stay here unless the situation becomes worse. I havea secret escape route I can easily get to if the situation calls for it. Right nowI want you to get as many children to safety as possible." Her voice was sternand her eyes cold. The fox girl nodded without hesitation and retreated with ashort bow. "And Daeta, don't die out there." Tyru said, her eyes still focusedout the window at the battlefield before her palace.
"Yes, my queen" Daeta said, and rushed out of the palace.

"Okay fellas the fox is going to come out. Don't take her lightly, her fox fire is powerful. Tyrone, take your strongest men and hold her off, the rest of you will go north through the gate, burn it down" Pyro spoke strongly, the archers kept firing and the ice soldiers kept screaming in pain. Pyro only had one shot at getting into the castle, he'd pose as a captive. He had done it before in the rock elves palace and it won them new territory. The fact that the king didn't want to use this to his advantage made him weak, the ice elves were vicious if provoked. They were being provoked right now, the fact they hadn't brought up any defenses had Pyro concerned. If he were to get in without using violence of get captured at least. A jail cell would be fine with him, as long as he would get into the castle he could destroy the ice palace.

"Okay fellas now, I am hoping to get captured, if that happens I will send you a signal, you will cease fire and pull back. You all understand me?" He smiled at the number of nods he had gotten, if they attacked he would just lay in the courtyard and cough a few times, they weren't that vicious, if someone was in need they would help. Ice was so different then fire, fire would just burn you without second guessing. But he had to admit that he was thankful for meeting and hopefully getting captured by different clans, ones who didn't only want to kill.

Daeta rushed out of the palace at top speed, blue flames swirled around her ankles as she dodged the stray arrows that fell from the sky. While the soldiers began rushing to protect the main gate from the fire elves, she ran for the small ice houses. She had to get the children and women into the palace to safety. Although that was the only task Tyru told her to do, she planned on fighting off anyone that she could in the process if given the chance. She swiftly entered each home gathering the children and carrying them to the palace to keep them safe from the arrows. After only a few minutes she had successfully taken the very few women and children into the palace where Tyru stood.

"My Queen, I can not stay in here with you where it is safe. I need to help the men" she said. Tyrus eyes widened slightly at the sudden statement before they formed into a glare.

"no! I need you in here with me Daeta. They can handle things on their own" her voice was cold and sharp. Daeta was her closest friend and she wasn't about to let her walk into a death trap.

"Forgive me, but I will not allow myself to stand by and do nothing" Daeta said, she knew Tyru would punish her for disobeying like that, in fact it was really the first time she had spoken to her like that. But they were in a bit of a desperate situation and the men needed her help. While she did not have any water powers, she had her foxfire, a true fire against fire match. Before her queen could reply she dashed back out of the palace. Her body leaned forward as she ran at top speed for the gate. Her yellow eyes seemed to glow and as she barred her fangs preparing for battle, black flame like markings began forming on her face. they covered the skin over her right eye and wisped to her lower cheek under her left eye.

Pyro watched the fox as she took her place at the gate. He smiled, just as he thought the fox would guard the palace where the queen was hiding. Just he place were he needed to be, he turned to his men and clicked his tongue getting their attention instantly as they gathered around him. All there faces covered in red paint. Evil grins on there faces. "Now, it would have been smarter for the fox to stay with her queen, however that is not the case. Making it easier for me to get inside and harder for you to destroy the castle. Watch her moves, she is not to be underestimated.Kill as many soldiers as you can and aim at her, all your strength. Arrows and everything you can muster. Our lord wants the palace destroyed and we will not fail him" Pyro's ears twitched and flipped, his ears weren't like most. They moved with the grace of another animals, moving from directions instead of staying one way. He just had more cartilage then normal elves.

"Sir, she will block us with her fire, we can not pass fox fire with our own." A soldier mentioned, the whole crowd went silent, knowing no one had the guts to speak against Pyro when he gave an order. Pyro let it slide, it was a good question "Then I suggest you take some of this ice, melt it and throw it at her. Or I will end you myself. As far as they know we can only control fire, as long as the sun is up we have the advantage." the soldier nodded.

Pyro turned back to the palace and the fox ready for them to fire. He had to be smart about this. If his men came through the gate, the fox would surely kill them, he had refused to bring the animal that guarded them at the palace. A stupid mistake on his part. "Kill them all" he muttered. The arrow's fired again, dipped in fire, they gleamed with hatred at the tips. Don't harm them Seika, they have done nothing wrong. You must spare them. This isn't right! Seika!. Pyro growled and held his forehead. He needed to focus.

"Come and fight close range you cowards!" Daeta growled when they began firing arrows once more, but this time with fire. She snapped her head back to look at the soldiers "im going to them, you can stay here and get your armor melted by these arrows or go with me. Either way it is your choice." Daeta said, before a burst of flames spiraled up behind her as she jumped high in the air. At the height of her jump she tucked her arms in letting herself flip forward and cleared the ice gate. She landed on the other side and her feet dug into the powdered white ground beneath her, but they didn't stay buried for long. An evil look covered her face before she dashed at the enemy. Balls of blue flames formed in the palm of her hands before she began throwing them at the soldiers, aiming for their heads.

"Dodge, get the water now" Pyro held out his hands and grabbed the bucket, once she was close enough he threw the water, it formed steam, Pyro told his men to attack and burn her. His body glowing in heat, flames wrapping around him. He lunged, shooting his fire at her in all directions. His body turning as he flipped himself upside down and landed on his feet behind her. He assumed being a fox she would be able to see his true form, the dragon that burned inside him, the dragon heart that had replaced the human one. Only one shot. He pulled out two pistols from his hips and waited for her to strike again, he was fascinated by the human weapons. The king refused to teach the men how to fight with weapons of this magnitude. They left buck shot and poisoned the food, however Pyro thought them to be the best. He was about four feet away from her, and if she turned to the one who attacked her, then his army would have time to attack. His true form hissed inside of him. He wanted to kill them, watch their blood seep into the ice and permanently stain their memories.

A loud roar escaped Daeta when she was hit by the fire, but then there was no more hesitation. In an instant wild blue flame whipped around her not only concealing her from the others, but lashing out at any near by soldiers sending them back. While the flames whipped wildly Daeta took on her beast form. Her pale skin covered with white fur as she fell onto what was now four paws. Her newly formed tail was large, as was her body she was large enough to carry two adults on her back. At the peak of her transformation she lunged out of the flame barrier she had created. Her target, Pyro. Just behind him she could see the ice soldiers open the gate to aid her in her battle.

Seika she'll kill you. Run!!! Pyro shook his head, he wasn't going to run from this fox headed wench. He wanted her blood, wanted to taste it in his mouth. The thought, taste of her flesh made his mouth water. He backed up to avoid her tail and fired at her again, jumping into the air and firing madly at her. Whipping his flames around and attacking her with blazing fire. His body ripping apart along with his pistols, getting thrown on the ground. His back expanding and scaling as his body exploded in an explosion of more fire. The dragon attacked, lunging on her back and sinking his fangs into her neck. He held on, wanting to taste the delicious flesh. His claws digging into her spine. He was about the size of the largest room in a giant mansion. His wingspan was larger and expanded to the front of the castle gate to about where his soldiers were. Yet they froze in fear not knowing their leader was the fire god in his glory. They only had to defend their god and that's what they would do. They fired on the ice elves down below. Pyro just wanting to eat her flesh.

DragonsLairbyAnneStokes-1.jpg

A short high pitched screech came from Daeta when teeth and claws dug into her. She knew from the start that she didn't stand a chance, but she didn't expect him to change his form so quickly. Her once white fur stained with her own blood seeping from her wounds. She couldn't breath and her strength fled her body in what seemed like mere seconds. Tyru, I'm sorry.. her body slowly stopped struggling to get free, her vision went blurry before finally her body went limp in the fierce dragon's grasp.

From the palace Tyru could not see the details of the battle, however she could clearly see Pyro in his dragon form. Fear instantly struck her when she saw the large beast. Without that on the fire elves side they may have stood some kind of chance against them, but now the odds were certainly against them. Backing away from the window she turned to face the villagers that Daeta had brought inside.

"come with me, it is no longer safe here" she ordered, her voice shook but only slightly. She was trying her best to keep her composure. With that said, she rushed past the others and they loyally followed. She had to get them to the under ground tunnel that led to the base of the mountain. If they could get there then they would at least have some distance between their attackers, and with any luck they wouldn't come looking for them.

Pyro roared, the soldiers too worried about getting eaten to look for their missing leader. The dragon roared stepping away from the dead creature. He had done well for himself, but the foxes blood that still hung in his mouth wore at his taste buds. He folded his wings together, closing his eyes and saying a gentle prayer for the fox he had killed. With his soldiers fleeting away from him, Pyro stabbed at the ground with his claws. A few moments later he had dug out a grave, big enough for the fox to be placed in. She fought well, his dragon instinct to kill was just more at the time. Pyro lifted the fox, placing her gently inside the grave, spoke a few more words to bid her farewell from this earth and covered her up. He searched ignoring the pathetic humans and their attempt of freedom, searching through the rubble and carved out a tombstone for the fox. He knew not of her name but it didnt matter. He gave her a funeral all by himself.

The night began to set upon the battle, keeping wide awake Pyro waited for the time he would be free of his dragon form. His wish hand come true, for not a minute later, he was asleep in the patch of hope known as the foxes grave. His dragon form melting away and his human form showing towards everyone. Hopefully, he would be spared, if they were smart about it.

The surrounding area had cleared of soldiers, ice soldiers included. It was only when Tyru made it outside with the others that attention had been drawn to the sudden silence of the battle field. Turning to look as a soldier standing near the door the group had just exited she gave him a concerned look.

"what happened? Is the battle at an end?" she asked. The soldier looked at her, lack of knowledge showed on his face. He had been standing guard the whole time and had no way of seeing the battle. "go, find out what has happened. If there is any danger report back to me quickly. Stay out of harms way. With a nod, the soldier hurried off to the scene of the now ended battle.

The soldiers iced over armor crunched the fallen snow with each step as he cautiously approached pyro, unsure if he was dead or alive.

Pyro felt his head ringing, a pounding in the snow. Hopefully a soldier coming to capture him. If he could find it in his heart to move and not destroy them, Pyro would be fine and his plan would work. It was hopeless for him to move, his muscles ached to the bone, his body felt as if it was burning and yet he was partially buried under snow. Pyro groaned loudly, he was hopeless, turning into his dragon form lost his soldiers and murdered a high protector of the queen. Yet he was supposed to be pleased by this but he was saddened, his didn't mean to kill her so easily. To late to do anything now, as long as he kept his mouth shut about his plans he would be taken in and spared. He hoped, it wasn't his rule that made them invade.

Hearing Pyros groan the soldier glanced around, making sure the area was clear before rushing over to his body. His hand brushing off the snow that had fallen on him. He kew right away that Pyro was not one of theirs, but the enemy. Seeing the man in this state he clearly wasn't much of a threat.

"im going to help you up, do you think you will be able to stand with my support?" the soldier spoke although he didn't really expect Pyro to be capable of much, he looked to be in a pretty poor state.

"Somewhat. Am I burning? Like my skin, is it on fire?" Pyro had to ask, make them think he was a loony and it wasn't entirely a lie, he was burning inside his skin, he could feel it and felt that not even the ice can help the pain. He was sure he got shot or something, the familiar pain. He's got shot before, recovered from it faster than a human could ever think. Got his Achilles tendon ripped off by a bad arrow accident and he was paralyzed for two days when most would be paralyzed for the rest of their lives. Pyro clenched the ice and forced himself up trying to reconnect his legs. He held onto the Soldiers shoulder to help himself up and released him once he was sure his legs would cooperate.

The soldier looked at pyro with a bit of pity, but it was not his place to decide on what to do with the man. He could only take him to his queen, and that was what he did. Helping Pyro across the snow he wondered what she would do to him. She could have him beheaded, or would she keep him captive? He didn't know.

It wasn't long until the soldier and Pyro came into Tyrus view. Her heart raced at the thought he had found Daeta alive, but her hopes were quickly shot down when she realized the figure was that of a man, not a woman. Taking long steps, her ice heels sinking into the snow with each step she met the two half way.

"is he the only survivor?" her face was cold and stern as she spoke. Receiving a nod from the soldier she couldn't stop herself from glaring at the fire elf before her "tell me boy, what happened to the fox girl in battle" she demanded. Mentally she cursed herself for allowing Daeta to leave her side.

Pyro had to think about his words, if he said that he had killed her he would be beheaded. He was positive that no one say him change in the heat of battle between the two, he chose his words had coughed a few times. "Our fire god had sent a dragon to help us, the beast killed the fox headed woman" He meant to say wench but that wouldn't help his chances of survival. He glanced upon her and was startled, they hadn't told him the ice queen would be so gorgeous. Pyro couldn't help himself, he was just staring. His job wouldn't be easy, he had to look away, this would stop him from focusing on his mission. He had the urge to bed her. That wouldn't help at all.

Tyru's eyes widened for a moment, her heart began to race. So it was true, her only friend had been killed. Glancing away for a moment to collect herself she returned her gaze to the soldier and pyro "take him to the dungeon and keep an eye on him until I get there" she said. Her face had hardened, her eyes were back to their cold state. However she seemed a bit distant when she spoke. She waved her hand at the soldier to leave her before turning and walking back over to her people.

The soldier did a quick bow of his head before a hand gripped Pyros arm and led him inside the palace. "You should consider yourself lucky she didn't kill you." the man spoke as they walked.

Poor baby, her only friend got killed because her friend had a duty to protect her. The queen should be lucky that the dragon didn't come for her and rip her throat out. Pyro just glared at her, the beautiful mesmerized look he had before turned into anger, he sidestepped and followed the guard. He didn't realize that the queen sent him to the dungeons until the soldier began to speak "Death is more lucky then being alive" he followed the man and waited for the cell to open, once it was he stepped in and let to door close. He sat down on a bench that was there and looked at the man "You wouldn't by any chance have some whiskey on you?" he asked, alcohol would help him.