Elite Magical Girl Academy!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, Sailor, are things such as pyrokinesis ACTUALLY categorized under Minor/Medium/Major? It feels like they're flexible enough that they can pretty much be anything...

Which brings me up to another question: how do you think Hand Over Heart should interact with spells that have multiple applications, such as the aforementioned pyrokinesis? Would a complete analysis be impossible? Or would it be much easier, due to how the spell lacks many 'fixed parameters'?
Are you talking about Midori's powers? Hmmm. I'm honestly not sure. I figured HoH interacted the same with all abilities.

I'm talking about those control-based spells in general. Like, if you have the power to control fire, and can make anything from fire snakes to fire balls to fire capes, all which vary in size and AOE damage, how do you classify that? And how would HOH interact with that in terms of analysis? Would each individual 'form' of the same fire-control spell be counted as a different spell? Or would it be that, after analysing the fire-control spell, Kaoru would be capable of using Turn to Zero on anything that the fire-control spell shoots out, even if it's her first time seeing that specific variation.

Guess, to put it simpler....

Pyro girl uses pyrokinesis to shoot out fireballs.

Pyrokinesis spell is analysed by Hand Over Heart.

Pyro girl uses pyrokinesis to drop a flaming hammer the size of a building.

Would Turn to Zero be able to nullify that, because the root spell, pyrokinesis, is the same? Or no?

Lol went through the fantasy forums and just saw a thread for Magical Boy Academy xD.

I'm talking about those control-based spells in general. Like, if you have the power to control fire, and can make anything from fire snakes to fire balls to fire capes, all which vary in size and AOE damage, how do you classify that? And how would HOH interact with that in terms of analysis? Would each individual 'form' of the same fire-control spell be counted as a different spell? Or would it be that, after analysing the fire-control spell, Kaoru would be capable of using Turn to Zero on anything that the fire-control spell shoots out, even if it's her first time seeing that specific variation.

Guess, to put it simpler....

Pyro girl uses pyrokinesis to shoot out fireballs.

Pyrokinesis spell is analysed by Hand Over Heart.

Pyro girl uses pyrokinesis to drop a flaming hammer the size of a building.

Would Turn to Zero be able to nullify that, because the root spell, pyrokinesis, is the same? Or no?
I see now.

I think that she should analyze each spell, for the simple fact that maybe it takes different amounts of effort even if it is all just fire.

@~!Mr. Day Dreamer!~ Ahh. Interesting. Well, that's good for whoever created it. As long as I don't see that they're taking from my roleplay in any way, shape or form then that's cool with me.

Yeah its way different I just thought the names were funny.

@Wolfsbane706 did you read my post for Pandora I don't think you did.

I saw it, but by the time I did, there wasn't any way of easily working it into my post and still have her wake up by door slam.

Oh ok^^ lol I'll just put in Pan's next post that the damn door slam messed with the spell xD. That will set her off to make a scene like she's been wanting to.

Posted, did everyone get off xD.

Just got back on. I was watching the most recent episode of the vampire diaries, and now I have three character sheets to review. o_o

I'm reading over the IC and I'm confused. @Angelic Fusion isn't Semine a Third Year? If so she is in Tsukino-Sensei's class, Second years are in Maki-sensei's class and first years have Hamasaki-sensei. These aren't the only homeroom classes at Elite, but in Japan they don't rotate classes, the homeroom encompasses all subjects that are taught. For the sake of the roleplay, I have everyone together based on their grade.

Yeah I just read that post and Pandora is first year so Semine wouldn't have seen or heard what she did.

I love TVD and The Originals just started watching TVD didn't think I would like it lol which is dumb since I love The Originals on season two of TVD right now watchin all season until I get to season 6.

Reactions: envogue
Hey, just a suggestion, but for future posts, perhaps we should post headers to show where our characters are? Seeing how there's three different locations at the moment where people are gathering, it's sorta confusing to figure out who's where.

Oh wow... I got really confused then. My bad. I will change that.

Hey, just a suggestion, but for future posts, perhaps we should post headers to show where our characters are? Seeing how there's three different locations at the moment where people are gathering, it's sorta confusing to figure out who's where.
Good idea. Suggestion noted and I will start adding headers to my post.

@~!Mr. Day Dreamer!~ Oooo. I love the Originas as well. I'm a little behind on season 2.

Reactions: MadKingJai™
I removed the post for Semine as I don't need to post for her anyway.

Oh yeah that would help so no one does that mistake again. Well Pan's in First Year Homeroom with the other first years threatening you char ERode and the two other girls forgot the usernames sorry. And Akiko's with Chiharu and Hayley in 2ND year homeroom.

[fieldbox="Hideyo, Black, solid"]Appearance:
Music-Girl-anime-wallpaper.jpg

Name: Hiramoto Hideyo (Hide)
Year: Third
Alias: The Iron Maiden
Height: 5'7
Weight: 118
Element: Metal
Personality:
A pretty standoffish person, Hide is not someone you would typically jump at the chance to introduce yourself to. Those who do actually take the iniative to talk to her often leave dissatisfied or offended, as she seems to have no concept of what is inappropriate and is horribly sociably inept. It's not that she actively tries to be rude, but what she says tends to sound much better in her head than out loud. I wish I could say that those who put up with this exchange earn themselves a secretly loyal and caring friend, but she isn't exactly that either. She is terribly apathetic, though that's not to say someone couldn't make her care. Beneath all that pessimism and cynicism there is truly loving if romantically hapless spirit. All she needs is someone to coax it out. She seems to have no respect for authority, only doing what she needs to do to remain unbothered. She never bothers to take notes in class or do her homework, but she always aces her test, as she unconsciously absorbs information like a sponge. Still, this won't keep her from "forgetting" your name, though it's carved into her brain somewhere, she doesn't care to remember it. She doesn't really seem to be passionate about anything other than practicing her magical girl abilities, but she has a lesser known interest in music and literature.
Bio:
On the outside, it seemed like Hide had a wonderful childhood, always going on exotic trips with her parents and living in a giant house, with a whole floor all to herself. But on the inside, it was a lonely and overstimulated life, with her parents more interested in each other or their travels than her. Her mother, an archaeologist, and her father, a botanist and zoologist, were always trying to get their daughter interested in their fields, and any time they spent with her was spent trying to teach her about their studies, rather than giving affection or actually parenting. They would drag her along on their expeditions in the hopes of teaching her a thing or two with hands on experience, but these thoughts were quickly lost the moment they arrived at their location, and she was but an afterthought. Instead of toys, her room had been filled with fossil casts, exotic pets and plant specimens. Any childhood she could have had was replaced with what she considered boring science lectures and factoids. As a result, she grew to despise her parents, and reacted to any attempt to teach her about fossils or plants with disinterest, until they eventually stopped trying to interact all together. After that she had lived her life in relative peace, only leaving her floor to go to school, practicing with her abilities and reading in her free time. Though she had been developing her powers since age 12, her parents hadn't noticed until she was 14, where they promptly sent her to this school, glad to finally get her out of their hair.
Extracurricular Activities: Literature Club
Magical Girl Abilities:
Minor:

Shield
A relatively unbreakable metal shield forms on Hide's arms, which can be used to block attacks.

Disarm
Any metal armor or weapons an opponent has will melt away or fly to Hide.

Wire Whip
Metal strands are summoned and whip the opponent. Painful, but not too damaging, only causing shallow cuts.

Vibration Location
Able to find people using vibrations sent through metal. Useful since most buildings have metal structures.

Medium:

Iron Fist
Hide's fists are covered completely in iron, making them 2x bigger and her punches much more effective. The iron will break away after around 10 punches.

Tornado/Deconstruct
Any metal within a mile radius, included built into a building or on the opponent draws to a ball in front of Hide, which she can use to create a tornado of heavy or sharp objects to throw at an opponent. This can also be used to make a building unstable, potentially falling on an opponent.

Bullet
Slowly developing into a major ability, bullet allows her to summon metal bullets, which can be shot at an opponent. Currently too dull and slow to do much other than get shallowly embedded in the skin.

Major:

Iron Maiden
The ability behind her namesake, this summons four iron, spiked walls around an opponent, which quickly closes on the victim, often killing them. This attack is extremely difficult to perform, and greatly weakens Hide.

Metal Meld
The opponent is covered in metal, which begins to meld to itself, crushing the area that is covered. While highly fatal when metal is summoned onto the head or chest, it is more commonly summoned onto the legs or arms to incapacitate the opponent, as it is extremely painful and crushes even the bone.

Costume:

commission_lineage_female_armor_by_carlosdouglas-d6peelq.jpg

Theme song:
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Makioko, Plum, solid"]
Appearance:
tumblr_static_anime_girl_render_by_feary_bad_day-d5soyra.png

Name: Ienobu Makioko (Mako)
Year: First
Alias: The Great Thespian / One of Two Masks
Height: 4'10
Weight: 95
Element: Theatre
Personality:
Mako is a very kind and loving spirit, who is easy to befriend. She can be a bit dramatic at times, and despite being a great actress, is horrible at hiding her emotions, especially if she is upset. She always makes an attempt to befriend others, even if they try to push her away at first, but is quick to lose her temper at rude or snobby people. Despite her seemingly extroverted nature, she's also comfortable keeping to herself, and doesn't get lonely too easily. She's a huge romantic, but keeps pretty quiet about it, as it's the one thing she gets embarrassed about.
Bio:
Mako has always been happy kid. Raised in a large, poor family, a common form of entertainment in her family was acting out skits, singing or telling jokes. As a result, she grew to love acting, and her family supported her all the way. She participated in her local theatre group often, playing the lead role the majority of the time. She had always had potential, but her family's financial issues kept her from getting the agent she needed to really put her out there, and so her talent was never really discovered. She began to develop her powers around age 11, and her parents immediately began to save up their money to send her to school, both of them working two jobs in order to both pay the bills and put money aside. After years of saving, they finally pooled enough money to send her to the school. She understands the importance behind her being here and is determined to become the very best magical girl she can be.
Extracurricular Activities: Track / Theatre Club, Anime Club
Magical Girl Abilities:
Minor:

Spotlights
The opponent is momentarily blinded by lights unseen by anyone other than them. Only lasts for about a minute.

The Scottish Play
Spins an opponent around violently until they puke, disorienting and weakening them.

Costuming
Any change made to Mako's appearance confuses an opponent, giving her a chance to attack unheeded. Lasts for about 1 minute.

Medium:

The Capulets
Makes the opponent momentarily suicidal, with a 10% chance of successfully killing themselves off with their own powers.

Method Acting
Makes the opponent act like any character Mako calls out, often used to end a fight by giving them a peaceful character.

Major:

Drama/Comedy
This completely transforms Mako's mood, making her either extremely giddy or extremely depressed. Either way results in a desire to murder, and she becomes absolutely ruthless. This is used in combination with any of her other abilities, making even the most harmless ones fatal. After she returns to her normal self, she will pass out, only to wake up with no memory of the fight. Very dangerous, as she has a 5% chance of not returning to her normal self, and will continue to go on a murderous rampage until incapacitated.

Take a Bow
Forces the opponent's back to bend in on itself sharply, either killing or paralyzing them.

Costume:
anime-girl-cute-dress-kawaii-Favim.com-713132.jpg

Instead of the different card symbols, the dress has the drama and comedy masks sewn in the fabric, same with the shoes at the bottom. On her head she wears two drama and comedy masks, attached at the side, which can be pulled over like a helmet, with one on her face and the other sticking out from the side.
Theme song:
(To come)[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Yuki, Maroon, solid"]Appearance:
violin1.jpg

Name: Arisoto Yuki
Year: Second
Alias: The Red Rabbit / The Red Queen
Height: 5'3
Weight: 100
Element: Blood
Personality:
Quiet and reserved, Yuki is not prone to socialization. She is more interested in sticking to her studies and her hobbies of playing the piano and violin. She will speak to those that engage her, but it is typically a short-lived conversation, as she only gives short replies unless prompted. She has an affinity for rabbits and will buy anything with a rabbit slapped on it. She doesn't like to directly get into the affairs of others, though she has a way of being in the right place at the right time to observe or indirectly help someone out with their drama. In a way, the more rowdy, rough girls attract her, as she has never really been allowed to be anything other than quiet and obedient, and she finds their rebellion to her standard interesting.
Bio:
Yuki's life has been mostly quiet and uneventful. While her parents loved her and wanted her to succeed, they were never around, as both of them were major surgeons and always busy. As a result, her tutors became replacement parents, though they were mostly distant, with the exception of one, a cheery, relatively young teacher who always encouraged Yuki to have fun and not study so hard. When she died in a car crash, Yuki was devastated, and once again became quiet and reserved, throwing herself into her studies. Through this constant practice and studying she learned how to play the piano and violin, how to speak German, Spanish and French, and became the top of her class. She was comfortable with her life, and was upset when her powers began to develop, terrified of them and their implications. After a while though, she became more comfortable with them, and her parents sent her to this school in order for her to learn how to properly use them and still focus on her studies.
Extracurricular Activities: Orchestra / Literature Club, Tea Ceremony Club
Magical Girl Abilities:

Minor:

Needle Point
The ability to insert her blood into an opponent and cause temporary pain to an opponent.

Blood Bomb
A small ball of blood, used to explode near the opponent, covering them in blood. Can stun or momentarily blind an opponent.

Medusa's Children
Long, snakelike formations of blood, used to grab or pull an opponent towards Yuki or to the ground. Also used to momentarily restrain an opponent, or knock something out of their hands.

Medium:

Peacock Cover
Large, spiked, feather shaped blood forms around Yuki, both effectively protecting her and hurting anyone who comes with 10 feet of her.

Dead Man's Blood
Used in combination with needle point, takes health from the opponents blood and transfers it to Yuki. Makes the opponent weaker and less coordinated, while healing Yuki.

Sickle Cell
Long, sickle shaped talons made of blood grow from her fingernails. Extremely sharp and relatively long. Used to attack at close to medium range.

Major:

Boiling Blood
Boils the opponents blood. Extremely deadly.

Blood Drive
Draws blood from any open wound or orifice of the opponents body into Yuki. Can cause the opponent to either faint or die, as the blood comes out quickly and in large quantities. Most effective when Yuki is hurt or losing too much blood.

Costume:
trinity_blood_by_mika_kallahan-d4dafsp.jpg

The crown on top is much smaller, and has a pair of white bunny ears next to it. The gloves are fingerless, and the dress comes down to her knees. There is another string of pearls around her waist, which hangs off her right hip and holds three rabbit's feet. Every time she transforms, the outfit becomes pure white again, no matter how much blood she gets on it.
Theme Song:
(To come)
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: envogue
Status
Not open for further replies.