Elite Magical Girl Academy (Shoujo-Ai/Yuri) (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Silver approved. You did a great job not making her OP as well.

• Thank You
Reactions: Silver
Finally, a third year student! :D My second character is going to be a third year or first year, I haven't decided.

While I'm throwing this out there, since I'm not sure if anyone revisited the roleplay tab, but your second characters have to be in a different grade than the first character unless they're twins.

Can't I secretly go with 3 clubs and 0 sports XD

Aah,creating a first year ;w; Struggling to choose which element to give her tho > <;;;

Can't I secretly go with 3 clubs and 0 sports XD
I suppose if she isn't going to be playing sports, she'll have the extra time... But realistically, she will miss some club days since it's after school. She won't be able to be in 3 places at once, unless of course Asami helps her. x]

I'm still trying to think of things here. Might go with a first year, but I'm mostly trying to figure out some sort of element or power theme here, too. A lot of the magical girls I know are less elemental than generic magical energy with different styles or approaches to using them. It's mostly between something long-ranged and full of magical beams or primarily focusing on something more weapon-based.

I'm still trying to think of things here. Might go with a first year, but I'm mostly trying to figure out some sort of element or power theme here, too. A lot of the magical girls I know are less elemental than generic magical energy with different styles or approaches to using them. It's mostly between something long-ranged and full of magical beams or primarily focusing on something more weapon-based.
Go with your heart.

xg744.jpg

Name: Tsubasa Emiko
Year: First
Alias: Harmonia
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 109 lbs

Element: Emotions and Delusions

Personality:
Cold,graceful,emotionless,reserved,in one word Emiko is described as "unreadable".She is silent and distant,keeping herself away from people.When somebody tries to approach or greet her,she would just give them the cold shoulder and walk away.Some just give up and think that she's anti-social.In a way,she sort of is.But in reality,she struggles to express emotions because of past happenings.The only most likely chance that one could get a chance to hear her voice is by catching her singing somewhere,which she does everytime she's alone at breaks and after school.Once Emiko gets to warm up with someone,which seems difficult unless one gives it their all,she could actually be easily embarrassed and a bit violent yet sweet and caring.Maybe through that person her emotions could be triggered and actually be visibly expressed.

Bio:
Long story short, Emiko came from a theatrical wealthy family and was raised by her aunt and uncle half of her lifetime.Before she lived with her aunt and uncle she had already found out about her powers and had also already "lost" her emotions.Explaining her abilities to her aunt and uncle,they thought that maybe her powers are the reason of her current emotionless state and decided to enroll her in the Academy when she reached the right age and hoped that she would return to her cheerful self as a child.

Extracurricular Activities:
{Swimming}
Emiko chose to join the swimming team because she claims that this is the most peaceful and soothing Sport the school had to offer.

{Music Club}
Emiko rarely shows up in the regular club meetings,and even when she does she only sits by the window and reads.only when nobody is in the club room does she actually play an instrument and sing.

{her second club slot is open,and while showing no interest in any of the other clubs she occasionally peeks through the club doors to see which one she might find at least a little interest on.all clubs except the Theater Club because it reminds her of the past she despises.(reason might be revealed in time during RP)}

Magical Girl Abilities:
-Minor-
{"Aurora"}
with a minor hand gesture,she is able to make a bow and arrow appear.both bow and arrows are in a pale shade of pink.the arrows change color depending on how she uses it.(either just using it as a regular attacking weapon or charging it with her powers before launch).arrows will also continue on appearing in her hand by her will.she does not really have a specific reason why she calls her weapon that,or at least she has not said anything about it so far.

{Emotion Tracker}
lets Emiko track the true emotions of her target at that particular time.(so basically nobody can lie to her about feelings and emotion)

-Medium-
{Hidden Power}
depending on what Emiko's emotional state is,she is temporarily granted with basic elemental powers represented by the emotion.the attacks she is able to use with the element she is lent by her emotions are limited only to the average-leveled and basic attacks(i.e.,Anger grants her basic elements of Fire.it allows her to shoot fireballs and small flamethrowers but she cannot create fire vortexes with it).

{Arrow of Delusion}
with Aurora's arrows,she can apply any emotion in it and shoot it at her target.if the arrow hits,the target will temporarily think that they feel the emotion Emiko put in the arrow.

{Delusional Kiss}
similar to Arrow of Delusion,only this attack makes the target feel temporary infatuation for Emiko,making it a bit more difficult for the victim to attack her.this is not really Emiko's favorite move,but she uses it occasionally.

-Major-
{Emotional Distress}
an attack whose energy are all rooted from negative emotions (i.e.,sadness,depression,anger,etc.),or in a much more simple term that Emiko uses if one asks,an "Emotional Breakdown".the "battlefield" turns into a dark empty space,but the people can still feel the ground even though it doesn't seem present.from that,the attacks are rather unpredictable.this can last for five minutes the longest.after Emiko disables the newly formed zone,she passes out.

{Heart Swap}
an attack where Emiko temporarily leaves her body and moves into her target's body,leaving her own body completely unconscious.the victim on the other hand maintains conscious,but they do not have control over their body.this move can last for three minutes the longest,and like Emotional Distress,this leads to her losing consciousness.

to perform this,Emiko gives her ring a kiss(see Costume appearance) and then she drops unconscious.her kissing the ring is basically her drawing her "spirit" out of her body,leaving her as a loose spirit.this attack has a 20% chance of effectiveness.if this leads to failure,her spirit returns to her body but her powers are disabled and needs a 2-minute recharge.

Costume:
500px-IAreference.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the mess of a few deleted posts... usually doesn't happen to me that I make posts I do not intend to >.< so I deleted them.

Though, I'm curious, what season will it be in? In the US and many European countries a new school year starts in the summer/fall, but in Japan I believe that to be in the winter/spring, right?
Anyway, next post will hold my character, properly filled out and formatted, and not a mess XD

Astraeha Arissa, #ccaaff
§ Name §
Astraeha Arissa​

§ Age §
18​

§ Year §
Third (Transfer student)​

§ Alias §
Reaper​

§ Height §
179cm​

§ Weight §
56kg​

§ Element §
Death/Fear​

§ Personality §
Cold, harsh, ethereal. Those are the words that usually come to mind when people talk about the transfer student Astra. That indeed is the outer shell that everyone encounters, and the one she keeps up, but who she is when she's alone is different.
Astraeha is simply a very quiet girl, timid, and highly afraid of what people will say of her. Her quietness and silent staring as she searched for a way to reply to her new classmates was mistaken for a cold glare. People started treating her as that 'cold distant unachievable beauty' and kept their (fan) distance (most of the time). Of course her powers didn't exactly help in the matter either.
All Astra really wishes for is to be able to make a friend where she doesn't have to worry about what she says.​

§ Bio §
Astra's life was relatively simple and straight forward. Her parents were well off, she could go to school, and while she didn't have a lot of friends and was mostly a loner, she was happy. Happy enough.
Of course a lot of that changed when she found out she was actually one of the magical girls.
All her life she was slightly afraid of what people would think of her, her parents being partially to blame for that, and then she had to deal with being a magical girl.
Add to that that her powers weren't fluffy and happy go lucky bunny powers, but fear and death. Like she was the grim reaper reborn.
Struggling with it back home, her parents searched for the absolute best magical girl school, no matter which country that might be.
And while the details don't really matter of how she got there, eventually Astra got transferred to this school in Japan. She's been there for a while now, so her Japanese is fluent enough, same for being used to the school itself. She still hasn't made any friends really.
On her first day at school girls tried to make friends with her, but having no idea if she would respond correctly (she had learned Japanese by then but fears got the better of her) she just stared straight at the people. They had interpreted it as a glare, and combined with her power, gave them the perfect incentive to think she was a cold and distant, but at the same time it sparked plenty of curiosity about the 'unapproachable beauty with an etherial presence' (totally a reference to her powers as far as Astra is concerned).​

§ Extracurricular Activities §
~ Dance
~ Ikebana Club
~ Etiquette Club​

§ Magical Girl Abilities §
  • § Death Pearl §
    Flowing her hands around each other in a smooth round motion creates a swirl of white smoke that form into a swirling ball the size of a cantaloupe. It can be shot at an opponent dealing an amount of damage. As it travels to its objective it loses smoke, and thus strength. The farther away the opponent, the weaker the attack, till it snuffs out completely. Max distance 7m.​

§ Silenced Shadow §
    Similar to how the Grim Reaper stands behind it victims, this ability gives the illusion as if she's quietly haunting right behind the opponent. She can not touch or harm the opponent, nor can she make any sound, but will cause uneasiness and fright to them by appearing to be their shadow. The moment the opponent turns around she vanishes. This attack is performed by Astraeha taking her shawl and in a smooth motion drapes it over her head. As the fabric descends on her she vanishes into the shadow like a magician's assistant.​

§ Death Scythe §
    With a single sideways strike from right to left with her Scythe a white ghostly line is formed that excels towards the opponent. As it travels to its objective it loses strength. The farther away the opponent, the weaker the attack, till it snuffs out completely. Max distance 10m.​

§ Veil §
    Referring to the veil between life and death, the Veil protects someone. Astra throws her shawl towards whoever needs protection, engulfing that person in a sheer pliable cylinder. It can still be moved and reshapes as it is pushed and pulled around. Like the Veil itself it only protects a living person from passing on to the other side, and while it will shield from some attacks, it is not perfect. The veil can only be used on one person at a time and in that time Astra can not use any of her attacks that involve her wrap or Scythe. She also can not use it on herself.​
  • § Silent Scream §
    Cupping her hands around her mouth Astra starts to whisper something that sounds like Tolkien's Black Speech. To where she looks and points her cupped hands the sound travels till it reaches its objective. It can not be heard by others unless they are directly in her path of the whisper. To the one that hears the whispering it sounds like screams of the foreign language that no living person has ever spoken. As it travels to its objective it loses its volume, and thus its strength. The farther away the opponent, the weaker the attack, till it can not be heard at all. Max distance 15m.​

§ Hollow Phase §
    An advanced form of the Silenced Shadow. Her wrap is draped over her, but instead of vanishing right away, the cloth takes form of a person before disappearing like white smoke. With the Hollow Phase Astra can vanish into the shadows and appear where she wishes, and not just behind a person. She can also brush by someone, leaving an eery icky death like feeling on whoever she touched. Other than that still can not have physical contact with anyone nor can she harm her opponent, just strike fear into them. She now can also make sounds, hollow echoes of haunting howls. No actual sentences nor loud sounds.​

§ Silent Grave §
    An advanced form of Death Scythe. She turns her Scythe upside down as she focusses on her opponent. Then in one smooth motion she cuts straight upwards, and then sideways from left to right, creating a cross in the air. Where the cuts were formed ghostly white lines form and excel towards the opponent. It is a lot stronger, and deals more damage. As it travels to its objective it loses strength. The farther away the opponent, the weaker the attack, till it snuffs out completely. Max distance 15m.​
  • § Rite of Agony §
    An advanced form of Silent Scream. Instead of whispers Astra sites the full rites in the language of the dead. As she speaks the ribbons around her Scythe's staff become glowing chains that can be sent towards her opponents and capture them. She can send the chains where she desires as well as call them back. How far her chains can stretch she does not know. Estimated range is 20m, but could extend beyond it. The chains can not kill, but they inflict agony on whoever is restricted by them.​

§ Haunting Absolution §
    There is nothing more frightening than the sight of Haunting Absolution. It is an advanced form of Hollow Phase. Once again she drapes the sheer wrap over herself, but this time she does not disappear. Her eyes become white and her appearance frightful. She can step in and out of shadows at will and now take a hold of and drag others with her into the shadows. This way the attack is mainly intended to instill fear and confusion, however there is another application of it. If she drags someone down partially and lets go, they can get out and are unharmed, but if she completely pulls them into the shadows, she brings them into the depths of Death itself, essentially killing them because no living thing can come into the world of the Dead. The major problem is that there is a chance of her getting stuck in the world of the Dead too. In this all her voice is hollow and sounds almost like it's backwards even when you can understand what she is saying.​

§ Costume §
Astra's outfit, once fully transformed, consists of a white dress with a sweetheart neckline and no sleeves. The fabric of the skirt folds just around her behind, giving her the maximum length of legs she can show.

Down by her feet black patent leather pumps grace her feet with a strap around her ankle. There are no clasps to untie it, but that is the beauty of magic.

Her hands have black lace fingerless gloves on them. Not the type where the entire hand is covered and just the fingers are left without the lace, but the gloves cover wrists, and then meet in a point by her middle finger with a single pearl string wrapped around the finger.

mrk-B1tkwLorCrhLMInBBog.jpg

Around her arms is a sheer black shawl that changes into her Scythe once she takes it off. In one sweep she pulls her shawl off of her arms, snaps it with a firm flick of the wrist, where in turn it becomes a long pole with a curved blade at the end of it. Ribbons flow softly around the pole and have a white pearl at the end of the fabric.

Around her neck Astra has a black lace choker with a pearl in its center and a crystal teardrop hanging from the center. The other piece of jewelry she wears are small pearl earrings and a black flowy belt around her waist.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver
Sorry for the mess of a few deleted posts... usually doesn't happen to me that I make posts I do not intend to >.< so I deleted them.

Though, I'm curious, what season will it be in? In the US and many European countries a new school year starts in the summer/fall, but in Japan I believe that to be in the winter/spring, right?
Anyway, next post will hold my character, properly filled out and formatted, and not a mess XD
Yeah! It's spring in Japan when they start school. :) And no worries, I loved getting a peek at your CS. >:D

Last question, I take it we're starting at the beginning of the school year? or is it already going XD

The beginning. :)

26449ps.jpg

Name:
Aino Momoko

Year:
Third

Alias:
Princess Symphonia

Height:
4'10"

Weight:
96 lbs

Element:
Sound

Personality:
Momoko is an overall snob, and expects nothing but the best for herself, and for her friends - if she ever had any. She's known as the 'spoiled princess', and is one of the most recognized composers and solo violinists in Japan. She's used to being pampered and praised, and while she likes the attention, Momoko loves nothing more than being a musician. It was only by coincidence that the teen idol was blessed with the element of sound. Overall, she's an extroverted type and loves fashion, peach flavored snacks, and small animals.

Bio:
Momoko's mother passed when Momoko was only a child, and her father was left with the task of raising her alone. With him being a recognized musician himself, he gifted Momoko with her own violin as soon as she was able to walk. She was told that her mother was a famous Opera singer, and that she loved to hear her father playing the violin, so she studied it religiously in hopes of making her Mother proud. At the age of eight, Momoko had performed her first solo concert with a professional symphony. After that day, her career skyrocketed, with the violinist being featured in a multitude of teen magazines, and commercials. She has composed several pieces for popular Japanese films, and shows, and has now added 'Magical Girl' to her resume. Her dream is to join a famous Magical Girl Agency and continue to tour the world.

Extracurricular Activities:
Orchestra

Ikebana Club
Etiquette Club

Magical Girl Abilities:

Minor:

Opera Star - Emits a high pitched beam of sound from Momoko's mouth.

Idol blast - Basic sound projectiles emitted from Momoko's hands.

Echo of love - Use echolocation to find people or things.

Medium:

Reflection of Sound - A wave of sound emission that repels projectiles, and shields Momoko from oncoming attacks. Strictly defensive.

Dubstep - Spheres of sound that, when in contact with a object, erupt into a sound that stuns the person in range, inflicting medium damage.

Marching Band - Release blasts of sound in the form of a creature or object. Offensive and Defensive.

Major:

Maelstrom Symphony - A powerful cyclone of distortion and noise, which not only encircles the target, but sweeps them away into the eye of the storm. A channeled ability, which lasts for half a minute.

Vibrato Heart - Sonic booms sent out in rapid succession, sending any and everything in it's path flying back. Another channeled ability that fails if the user is interrupted.

Costume:
A pink baton, which transforms into a staff during her 'major' attacks.
Matching crystal, quarter note earrings and a tiara as accessories.
White gloves with the same print as the boots.

1179zsh.jpg

2pq3k42.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, accepted @Olissa . @Haruka when you finish your's I'll review it. :)

I'd had a couple ideas for magical themes or elements to pursue, so I'll probably have a sheet put together once I decide which to use.

I suppose just based on things so far, I should probably avoid really dark themes or implications of shady government conspiracies, right?

I'd had a couple ideas for magical themes or elements to pursue, so I'll probably have a sheet put together once I decide which to use.

I suppose just based on things so far, I should probably avoid really dark themes or implications of shady government conspiracies, right?
Not necessarily, just run it by me via PM first and I'll let you know. There's no rule that says no dark themes in the rp. :3

If no dark themes had been allowed I wouldn't have been able to make that death/fear magical girl either :P right?

If no dark themes had been allowed I wouldn't have been able to make that death/fear magical girl either :P right?
Truth, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.