Elite Magical Girl Academy (Shoujo-Ai/Yuri) (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.. I mean its backwards on both now xD

Semine (Being First name) Kuruseidā (Being Last)
I have it set up that way, surname is first while first name is last.

Oh, Then I apologize. I thought it was that way at first then I got myself confused when I looked at some others. Well! I guess I really barfed that one up.

Sorry about taking forever.

Name: Shirakawa Airi
Year: 1st
Alias: None yet. I'm open to suggestions.
Height: 155 cm
Weight: 47 kg
Element: Gravity

Personality:
Airi is a cheerful, energetic young woman who believes strongly in the power of friendship. She is outgoing and does her best to make new friends among her classmates and fellow magical girls, and is something of a busybody who won't simply leave someone alone if she thinks they're troubled. She's a bit of a klutz, often tripping and falling, and quick to apologize to those around her when she does.

Bio:
Airi was born to ordinary parents in an ordinary town. Her family ran a small cafe and she grew up in the shadow of her older siblings, who she often watched and tried to emulate. She's the only member of the family with notable magical talent. Unfortunately for her, her magic is often rather destructive, and she initially had trouble controlling it, which led to a few incidents which fortunately only ended in the destruction of property. She enrolled in the academy primarily to learn to better control her abilities.

Extracurricular Activities: Track team, Tea Ceremony club, Art club

Magical Powers:
Minor:

Flight: By creating a gravity well above and in front of her, Airi is able to fly. The actual gravity well appears as a darkened spherical volume, and tends to pick up and draw in nearby light, loose objects such as leaves, raindrops, small rocks, and so-on.

Distortion Field: By layering gravity fields around her, Airi can deflect or slow attacks, reducing their impact. A basic shielding spell.

Medium:
Axion Buster: A long-range shooting-type magic, the Axion Buster is a powerful gravity blast fired in a straight line. It is primarily a single-target attack, used in long-range bombardment. Airi usually fires it with the phrase "Dead-end shoot!"

Gravity Mire: Airi creates a strong gravity well which pulls anything within it toward its center, impeding movement or trapping targets entirely within it, depending on their own ability to escape. It usually has a maximum effective range of a few meters.

Major:
Sphere of Annihilation: Airi's first great magic is, simply put, the greation of a micro black hole. A large amount of magical control actually does go into the spell, preventing it from being destructive to the surroundings. Anything caught within the event horizon of the black hole will quite probably be crushed into oblivion, however. The actual wind-up for this magic is quite obvious, with a number of magic circles and symbols etching themselves in the air around Airi, and particularly around each hand. Airi creates a small sphere of light in each hand, and to actually create her black hole, must bring those two spheres together. Usually, right next to whatever she means to attack.

Graviton Breaker: Something of an upgraded Axion buster. Airi focuses a large amount of magical and gravitational energy into the creation of a micro black hole, with the accompanying magic circles and assorted light show. She then fires it as a projectile which devastates pretty much anything in its path. And anything near its path. Class-II Critical-Effect Magic which is not to be used in populated areas or where collateral damage is to be avoided.

Despite the descriptions above, I am perfectly fine with both of those attacks being perfectly non-lethal to defeated opponents. It's funny that way.

Costume:

Last edited:
@R-9 Pilot Approved, nicely done.

IC

After intro posts are up, and your first non-intro post is up, wait for 2-3 people to post before you do - just to prevent speed posting.

Also, Midori will be introduced at a later time than Momoko, but you won't have to wait long for her to make an appearance.

Last edited:
I'm so curious to how Momoko and Kureha will get along...

Haha, we'll see. They might have a common hatred for creeps though.

Haha, we'll see. They might have a common hatred for creeps though.
Lol. I want Momoko to meet Kureha's brother, he sounds hilarious.

Haha, maybe at the school festival if that is open to outsiders.
If he tries to sneak in then Kureha will be furious.

Haha, maybe at the school festival if that is open to outsiders.
If he tries to sneak in then Kureha will be furious.
Yes! It will be open to family, and possibly one guest. There shall be many festivals. :3

Actually, they'll probably get to choose who they want to come to said festivals. :D

Nice, I can already imagine the effort Kureha has put into keeping him away and how she is keeping him away now xD

Looking forward to this highly. Death/Fear against Life/Star. I built her to kinda be the opposite of that character XD. I also was shooting for that from the beginning. Star based magic that is atleast.

Also, Sailor.. You got the name backwards on the Dorms. Semine is her first name.
Major difference between our characters is I made it so she can't kill nor harm anyone with her two major attacks. I didn't want to overpower after all, so basically she's just a shade and shadow. But now I'm half tempted to make them able to hurt/kill others to level the playing field.

You haven't forgotten that her powers is basically psychological warfare? Have you?

Unless monsters are susceptible to being frightened, or she can induce a heart attack (if those work with monsters), psychological warfare is pointless against monsters.

Point. Major abilities are supposed to be draining and/or dangerous to be used if I understand the system correctly.

If Moon gives the okay for it I will end up making one or both a bit more forward. After all, Silent Scream is designed to make the opponent go mad with deafening screams and chants, so it kinda makes sense if its extension (Rite of Agony) has a bit more oomph than just holing people/monsters/machines to a chain. Know what I mean?

Yeah, completely. I have yet to see a non-destructive or super effective major attack in the genre.

Most of mine are supportive but I have a few fighting abilities but they limit herself. I am going to Edit one of her Major powers to include her voice. It will be called Song of Creation. It will also be rearranged to be less direct damage.

----
Updated to add the Song of the Ancients as a major power and removed Crusaders Wrath.

Last edited:
I have a question. Would some of the students have been able to stay at the school over the break instead of going home? Or is it mandatory that everyone leave?

I originally was going to have Semine stay but having her parents get her was more likely. I would think so for those who have no place to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.