Elementias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faiht.jpg

Faiht shuts off the lights to the pool area and hears Cora thank her. Faiht raises a hand andhalts her from finishing. It was Faiht's pleasure, and duty to help clean a party she hosted, and Kyler would hear about it tomorrow for ditching. @Kairia walks along with them as they make their way to the girl's dorm hall. Faiht checked her Halo to see that the time went by all too quickly. It was 9:30, but on a day for a school debut, it was more like midnight.
Cora: "Tomorrow's the first day"

"Yupp....[sigh] another year..."

Faiht was thinking about way more than that. Faiht was thinking about her summer. A summer she was unconditionally sure no student...no, no human or Elementia would endure. Faiht zones out thinking about the events of the summer. A daydream ensues as the words of Cora and Kai diminish from her senses. The thoughts make her muscles twitch.

Faiht stands outside of the Atmos' Mansion in the courtyard next to their 24-foot deep pool. The sun was already starting to toll on her skin, as her golden tan epidermis begins to heat in wake of the rays of the shining orb of fire. She wears a Elizan Army shirt, the name of the Elementia military forces, and some black volleyball shorts. Her hair is tied in a ponytail, and some athletic combat shoes hug her feet. She knew she was in for a workout...she had no idea. Across from her stood her father, Commander Arnon Atmos. He stool bold and grim, in matching attire.

Arnon0FireE.jpg

Commander Atmos: "I know you probably expected this to come your senior year, as you were on the cusp of becoming a woman. That is exactly why I chose to do this now. You must be ready for anything."

"...okay?"

Commander: "This world can and will tear you apart if you let it. The humans...we look like them, but they are not like us. We exceed them in almost everyway possible in evolution. They fear us, as will anyone else you discover that sees you for what you are: A potent being. So to deal with this fear, they appeal to your greater sense of fondness. Compliments, befriendment, love...most of the time these things are from the very fear that restrains them to respect us.

I love you more than anything in the cosmos, Faiht. I will do anything for you, and I never want you hurt...which is why we are out here today. Sweetheart I am going to make it so that you or anyone will never be able to hurt you, and if they do, you'll deliver the consequences tenfold."

"So, what... I'm training?"

Commander: "More than training, you're enhancing. Physically, mentally, emotionally, and even spiritually. You are intelligent, willed, and beautiful...your mother and I are so proud of you everyday, but I'm going to make it that you are virtually incomprehensible in prowess. Beings will try to down you, criticize you, object you, harm you. Out of fear...because...?"

"..because they want to appeal to my sense of greater kindness to mask the fear with a false kinship and respect?"

Commander: "Correct. Then you're ready for training."

"When will we start?"

At the instant of a nanosecond, the Commander gathers fire and thermal energy under his feet, perpetually generating constant heat and force from under propogating a rocket boost force that gives him great speed and force. Swiftly, inhumanly swift, Arnon propels toward Faiht and rams her into the courtyard bushes, knocking her wind out. He lands as with the wave of a hand surrounds a lake of fire around Faiht, who is stumbling, coughing, choking. Dying.

Commander: "We start now."

Faiht snaps to see that they have arrived at the dorm hall. Faiht uses her ID and enters the all to quiet building. Man, everyone must've knocked out good. She remembered her Freshman year they didn't sleep until 1AM, the upperclassmen had to come and scold them for being up that late. Faiht rests her head against the elevator lift that takes them up to their floor and into their hall.

"Did you have fun today Kai?"

Delphinium

"Hello," the girl, whom Delphinium assumed was Cora said. Delphinium smiled and sat on her bed.
"Hey," she replied. She marveled at how comfortable the bed was. Maybe that was just her exhaustion. It'd been a really long day. Plus, school officially started tomorrow, so she ought to get some sleep.

"Listen, would you mind if I hit the sack? I want to be up early to start off the new school year on a good note," she asked Cora.
(@Lazy_Not_Bored )

images
"I don't care about your sleeping schedule" Cora said in her default cold tone. She looked a her roommate and turned off the light. She lit up a row of candles on her dresser with a stare "I prefer candle light anyways." Cora changed in the dim light facing away from her roommate into her poor excuse for pajamas. It consists of just a dark purple sweater and below knee high grey socks. Cora got under her covers and with another glance the five candles went out.

Reactions: ch0sen1
Kairia followed Cora and Faiht out of the pool area and into the darkness. It was steadily getting cooler. Kairia had hastily put her clothes over her still wet bathing suit. Everything was sticking to her skin awkwardly but there was no way she was going to walk all the way back wearing a skimpy bikini in the dark. Faiht kept up small chit-chat with Cora, and Kairia chimed in once in awhile. It was hard talking to Cora. She was brutally blunt with everything she said. It was like talking to a rock wall with an attitude. Maybe she had a bad time at the party or maybe she was like this all the time. Until then, Kairia played polite and just continued to keep the conversation going, deathly afraid of awkwardness. Faiht quieted and turned into quite the zombie, spacing out into the sky and the occasional deep sigh.

They all reached the dorms and Cora rushed ahead, leaving them behind without a goodbye. Faiht and Kairia took the elevator alone, and that's when zombie Faiht came back from the dead.

Did you have fun today Kai?

It was pretty fun. I was hit on, I think, and drank a bit, swam a bit, talked a bit.

Kairia cut herself off as the elevator chimed cheerfully and the doors slid open. She was expecting more kids lingering in the halls or goofing off but everything was silent. Most of the students must be asleep by now. Kairia didn't know what time it was. Faiht had her phone but she really didn't want to know how little sleep she was going to get. If there was a god, she prayed they wouldn't get a hangover. As they made for their room, Kairia only dropped the keys once before sliding them through the lock and passing over the threshold. Dropping everything dramatically, she opened her arms wide.

Oh, the love of my life!

With a running jump, she dived onto her bed and hugged her butterfly quilt against her chest. Breathing in deeply, she sighed and looked up at Faiht.

Before I forget in my drunken stupor, Kyler has a HUGE crush on you. I thought you should know in case you're blinded by your friendship.

@Brea @ch0sen1 @Lazy_Not_Bored

Attachments

• piercing-redhead-portrait-style-make-up-photoshop-wallpaper.jpg
    piercing-redhead-portrait-style-make-up-photoshop-wallpaper.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: ch0sen1
((OOC::: Hey everyone! A few updates: The dormmates are official, so go ahead and check that out before making your next post. Oh, and while you're there, read the thing written for Monday in the "Schedules" tab. ♥ I'm going to tag everyone who is still in this. ♥ Also, this post marks the first day of classes, I'm glad we could finally get here...over a month later. Oh well! The pool party was fun! Here's who is still in:
@Brea @Sashakiki @Azalea Pendragon @Lazy_Not_Bored @Yuuki_Tatsunohi @EtherealLights @Kairia @Victor Markov @Ritual Lobotomy @ch0sen1
It's so good to see so many people still interested in this :D Alright... let's do this!))

Setting:
The sun is just barely peaking over the horizon, and already the school is a buzz. Students rush all around the place. Some are taking showers, others getting themselves ready for the day. There are a few terrified freshman taking this time to find where their elemental building is, and some are even meeting with their teachers. A few upperclassmen are also out and about, or eating breakfast in the cafeteria. It is currently 6:10 in the morning, and breakfast will go on until 7. Classes begin at 10 AM, so most of the upperclassmen have made a habit pf eating breakfast before actually getting ready for school... but, every student has a different morning routine, so do things your own way. The weather says the high for the day will be 67 degrees Fahrenheit, and there will be a soft drizzle at around 12-1, and will last for the rest of the night. There is a slight breeze, which is perhaps the only evidence to the sudden change in temperature that will take place later, because the sky's are clear right now.

Today, each elemental class will be teaching math. Students are to report to the building of their element: they are all located west of the courtyard. Each building has the element symbol on them, to show which element they belong to. Please review the Schedule tab on the first page to see where you are supposed to be.

tumblr_nesyf02t7Y1u3rdd0o2_400.gif

"Gooooood morning students! I know you're not all out there sleeping on such an exciting day as this! Well, alright, maybe you are... I would be too if it weren't for the fact that I have to provide you guys with some epic tunes. Speaking of which, let's kick this school year back with a blast from the past...."
As music begins to play through the speakers of Breanne's lilypad, the redhead rolled over with a groan. "Ceto," she said, her voice deeper than usual, due to the fact that she was still half asleep. Almost instantly, the music turned off, and Ceto switched on, the halogram of a phone appearing.
Ceto: "What can I do for you, Brea?"
Breanne kept her eyes closed as she responded, "Dismiss all of my morning alarms, and find the weather for me."
Ceto: "Turning off morning alarms.... Complete.... Finding online weather forcast... The high for today will be 67."
"Thanks, Ceto," Breanne replied, finally opening her eyes to check the time. 6:10. Not bad, she usually slept in until at least seven, and by then breakfast was over.
Ceto: "Would you like me to suggest an outfit for your day, Brea."
"Oh Ceto," Brea grinned, getting out of bed. "You know me so well." As Ceto found her something to wear, Breanne looked over to her roommate, Alice. "How'd you sleep, roomie?"

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi

tumblr_nesyf02t7Y1u3rdd0o3_400.gif

The teenage boy stood outside of the girl's dorm building, waiting for Faiht and Coraline to exit. It wasn't until this morning that he remembered he had played a part in throwing the pool party, and therefore should have stayed to clean up the mess. And so, he had rushed out of his shower, threw on his clothing, and hurried over to the convenience store before even six A.M. He knew very well that his two best female friends were going to make him pay for his screw-up, but he was hoping that if he apologized right away they'd go easy on him. Well, easier.

And so, there Kyler was, standing outside all alone. In one hand was a bag of mini donuts and a small white stuffed bear, which held roses in it's hand. These were intended for Faiht. Because Coraline tended to be less girly, Kyler had gotten her a set of headphones, a black stuffed bear, and some coffee just the way she liked it in the mornings. As time passed, it became more obvious to him that he could be standing out here waiting for hours before either of the girls exited the building. But, he didn't want to send them a text and ruin the surprise, so he waited patiently.​

tumblr_nesyf02t7Y1u3rdd0o4_500.gif

Theodore was already in the lunchroom, eating a bagel and enjoying a nice cup of orange juice. He had woken up at five in the morning, and had been unable to fall back asleep. And so, when 5:45 rolled around, Theo abandoned all hope of falling asleep. He grabbed his clothes, trying to be quite so he would wake his roommate, Andrew, and then went to go get ready in the communal bathrooms on the first floor. He had only spent about ten minutes there, because it didn't take long for him to get ready in the mornings, and ended up at the cafeteria just moments after it was opened to students.

In front of him was his TecPlate, which was playing an episode of one of his favorite TV shows. He was very wrapped up in it, because it seemed like at least one of his favorite characters would be dying by the end of the episode. This angered him so much, and it took all of his will-power to not talk to the characters of the show through his screen. He'd done that a few times before, but after receiving so many odd glances he had made it a personal goal to stop. Still, he did think all of the things he wanted to yell at them. Good damnit!, he mentally shouted. Could you guys just think one plan through for once? Once?! Come on, this is totally going to end badly, don't you have a plan B?

tumblr_nesyf02t7Y1u3rdd0o1_500.gif

Axel had woken up before his alarms, and silenced them before slipping out of his dorm room. For some reason, he had trouble sleeping last night. His mind had been all over the place: Classes, Faiht Atmos, Making Friends, what he wanted to do after college. The list went on and on, and before he knew it the sun was peaking over the horizon. A shower will clear your mind, he thought hopefully as he entered the communal bathrooms of the first floor. At the time, the place had been nearly vacant, but by the middle of his shower the place was filled with teenage boys, all yelling for next turn with the showers.

Axel couldn't help but smile at this. Home sweet home.

Once he was done, he grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his lower body before exiting the bathroom. Behind him he could hear some snotty freshman arguing with a fire elementias senior that it was his turn to take the shower. He, along with every other upperclassmen, knew that the freshman was about to learn a serious lesson, the hard way.

When he entered his dorm room he went straight to the closet to find something to wear. "Morning Sorren," he commented, wanting to be friendly towards his dormmate.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Farren:
Farren had woken up pretty early, to go eat lunch. She was always up before others because she wanted to eat in peace, not surrounded by neverending crowds of teens. Her roommate was still asleep, so the girl kept very quiet. Ren had showered, brushed her teeth, and changed from her pajamas into jeans, a short, and sneakers. She then walked down to the cafeteria and got her morning meal which consisted of bread, jam, and orange juice. Like she presumed, not mich peope were here yet, so Farren sat down at an empty table, and began eating, wondering through her thoughts.

Asbel:

Asbel had thrown a pillow at Kyler's head for disrupting hos sleep. He was rushing about, for some odd reason, and all the noise woke Asbel up. "Bulls in a china pot, Kyl-" he hadn't even finished his sentence because he fell back asleep, his face stuffed in the matress.

Faiht.jpg

Kai: "Before I forget in my drunken stupor, Kyler has a HUGE crush on you. I thought you should know in case you're blinded by your friendship."

Faiht returns a look at Kai and tilts her head. Faiht was always kind of oblivious to people who may have liked her or been fond of her, it was probably the subliminal caution her dad had instilled in her all these years. Like magic, her freshman roommate instantly fell asleep moments later. Faiht chuckled and shook her head as she removed Kai's shoes and placed her quilt on top of her. She sighed from the long year ahead and stripped down into her bikini, and opened the closet door to change into her large TeamAir hoodie and some fuzzy socks to get cozy. She plops on her bed and closes the wardrobe with a gust of wind. She thought alot about the year to come, but mainly on how she'd be recieved by the students. She thought about Axel a bit too. He was charming, and then she thought about Kyler, who was every definition of a male. Such a boy. She wondered if he really did like her, couldn't be. He wouldn't flirt with other girls in front of her if so. Faiht turns over on her side, as her thoughts become blackness. Then nothing.

The Summer Past...

The flames engulf the breathing of a suffocating Faiht, she tries to cry out for her father, but she can neither make a sound nor see him. Her wind was knocked out, as her vision gets hazy and weary.

Commander: "Who will you be, Faiht? Will you be the tree that was cut down...?"

Faiht barely hears her dad's words through the loud and violent flames that cinged at her skin, causing her to sweat severely, the heat masking her entire presence like a blanket. Faiht then balls up her fists and summons her will. She didn't like to be in overwhelming situations, but they were her chess board, because everytime she was backed into a corner...she was unleashed.

Commander: "...Or will you be the ax?"

With a thunderous cry, a burst of gale force wind explodes from Faiht, effectively diminishing the tornado of fire around her. beads of sweat drip down her face as her eyes were replaced with the internal fire that was before her previously. She stares at her father, breathing heavy, but controlled and with a glare that would send a pack of wolves running the other way. Her fists balled, she regains herself into a bold and upright stance.

Commander Atmos smiles.

Faiht gasps as she wakes up to a dim lit sky. Her Halo reads 5:56 A.M. She rubs her eyes and shakes herself out of the flash of a dream she had pertaining to the summer. She looks over at a motionless, slumped body that was Kai. Faiht hops out of the bed and restores the covers with the wave of her hand. She wearily drags herself to the closet and picks the first outfit she can grab. She moves over to @Kairia and nudges her, motioning her to get up.

"Up and attem."

Faiht wasn't the type to push hard. If Kai decided to stay sleep, that was ok. Everyone has their different schedules. Faiht grabs a towel and some fresh undies and heads for the girls' showers. It seemed pretty empty. She ran to the corner shower that had the most space and begin to strip down and wash her body, waking up to the world. With each drop she becomes more and more aware, and more and more excited for her junior year. She begins to hum a serene melody in the shower. After about 5 minutes, she grabs her soap and literally air dries herself in seconds. She equips her undies and walks back to the room, where Kai was still ko'd. Faiht threw on the nice looking outfit that was sure to leave an impression. This was her first time wearing heels, but her balance was good, better than good.

"Alright Kai, I'm heading out...I don't know if you wanted to get up or what so yeah, but it's a bit after six."

Faiht grabs her Halo and her backpack and totes herself out of the door. Taking the elevator down, she texts Coraline to see if her good friend was up.

{To: Cora - ' Hey, you up? Or still suffering from a hangover?'}

She gets off the elevator to walk out into the crisp, cool air of the morning. She stops in surprise to see Kyler waiting for her, and she instantly eyes the mini bag of donuts. The bear was nice as were the flowers, but those donuts might as well had been a bag of diamonds.

"Kyler? What are you doing...?"

A hybrid look of flattery, confusion, and suspiscion filled her face. @Brea

Reactions: Kairia
Andrew
Andrew woke up at 6 30 and stretched. He groaned slightly and got out of bed, he made his way to his dresser and checked the weather for the day. He bit his lip, 67 wasn't awful. He threw on a shirt and some jeans before getting his shoes on. He couldn't hear his roommate so he figured that he was probably already downstairs. He grabbed one of his sweatshirts, just in case, and his bag before leaving, closing the door behind him. He wondered into the cafeteria. He grabbed some breakfast and sat down

images
Cora woke up at 6:00 grabbed her work out clothes and walked to the communal bathrooms there were only a couple girls Cora got dressed before walking out to the hallway. Kyler was there waiting holding two plush bears, a bag probably filled with food, a coffee, and headphones. And Faiht was looking it over. "Hey" Cora looked over everything again and saw her name written on the coffee cup "Yay" it came out in a happy but lazy tone. "I have to be in the gym by 9 I was just going to get breakfast you took like an hour off my rutine. You know how crouded the cafe can get the first day, It must have been hell."

tumblr_nesyf02t7Y1u3rdd0o2_400.gif

I think I'm going to wait for @Yuuki_Tatsunohi to reply ♥

tumblr_nesyf02t7Y1u3rdd0o3_400.gif

To Kyler's great relief, it didn't take Faiht long to walk out the doors. He couldn't help the sheepish smile that stretched across his lips at her surprise. It was hard to catch Faiht Atmos by surprise, and so he felt as if he had accomplished a great feat. He held out the hand that contained all the things he got for her, meeting her brown eyes. "I was in the shower this morning," He began, "and suddenly remembered that I totally bailed out on clean-up-committee last night. So, I figured I'd make it up to you and Cora."

As if on que, his other female friend exited the building. Unlike Faiht, she wasted no time taking her items from him. Just like Kyler had expected, Coraline seemed most pleased with the cup of coffee he had gotten her. "The place actually isn't so crazy if you get there before six," he informed her, smiling kindly. Sure, the place was still crowded, but things were less... chaotic, for a loss of a better word. He also held out the other things he got Cora to her, and looked between the two girls as he said, "I hope you accept this as my apology."

@ch0sen1 @Lazy_Not_Bored

tumblr_nesyf02t7Y1u3rdd0o4_500.gif

Soon, Theodore's episode ended, and to his great pleasure his favorite character had survived the worst. He beamed as he took his headphones out of his TecPlate, and stored them away in his backpack. It was a simple and small backpack, which surprisingly held everything he could ever need. It was also the same backpack he had used since Freshman year, so the thing was pretty beat up, but every marking held a treasured memory. Except for the stain from spilled hot coco... that memory wasn't so treasured.

His brown orbs scanned the lunch room. Farren was sitting by herself, and for a moment he thought about joining her. No, he decided quickly, you'll see her in class. You don't want to appear clingy. That was how Theodore ruined many of his potential friendships- clinging onto them too soon. He then looked over to Andrew. he didn't know much about the guy, except for that he was a water awakened child. Sadly, there didn't seem to be anyone, with the acceptation of Farren, that Theo knew in here. So then, he thought, what am I supposed to do until 10?

@EtherealLights @Sashakiki

tumblr_nesyf02t7Y1u3rdd0o1_500.gif

As Axel waited for Sorren to reply, he got dressed. He pulled on a plain black tank top, and some grey sweat pants. After that he found a pair of black socks, and pulled on his sneakers. The teenage boy took the time to check his appearance in the mirror- fixing his hair and flexing his muscles- before grabbing his Halo and plugging in his headphones. In the mornings he liked to take a jog around the school, to wake up his senses. "I'll be back after my run. See you later, Sorren," he said, walking out of the room.

As he made his way down to the bottom floor he selected a playlist, and put in his headphones. Already, sleepy teenage males occupied the boy's lounge. A few that he knew said hello, and he nodded in return, but otherwise avoided socializing. As soon as he was outside he began to jog, going the same way he always did. This meant the first building that he would be passing was the girls dorm.

Upon seeing a group standing outside the girls dorm, Axel looked over to see who it was. He immediately recognized Kyler and Faiht, but not the other female standing with them. "Morning Faiht!" He called as he jogged by. It took a few seconds for him to realize what he had just done, and once he did he wished he could turn back time. He found himself running faster, hoping she didn't think he was being too friendly.

@Yuuki_Tatsunohi @ch0sen1 @Lazy_Not_Bored

Reactions: Kairia and ch0sen1
images
Kyler gave Cora headphones and the black bear. She put the headphones around her neck and didn't know what to do with the bear so she just held it with both hands stretched downward. A boy jogged by and greeted Faiht. A little part of Cora's brain scolded herself for not being the first to work out this morning. She made the decision to start at 7 and add two hours to her time at the gym. "I forgive you, I mean I would have cleaned up myself if Faiht didn't insist." Cora said with another sip of coffee.

Leon woke up early...more accurately, he couldn't seem to be able to stay asleep. He kept walking up every hour, so he gave up on sleeping in the end and walked down to the cafeteria and drank some coffee. He kinda felt a little at peace and began singing we won't be shaken by building 429 in the quiet, empty room. The shirt he was wearing had a few crosses on it and redemption written on it. After he sang that, hestarted singing other spiritual songs until he heard the other students start moving in for breakfast. Then he stopped and got his food and ate in a corner of the room before he left for his first class of the day.

Alice

Alice opened her eyes as a very chipper voice rang throughout the room followed by some music. She vaguely recognized it as old music, from the 90s maybe. Brea grumbled something and the music shut off only to be replaced by the purple light of Ceto the hologram. Alice smacked her lips, closing her eyes to shut out the light from the hologram and the light of the sun rays reaching into their room.

"How'd you sleep, roomie?" Brea asked as she started getting ready for the day.

"Like a baby," she replied before pulling the covers back over her head. "And this baby still wants to sleep."

Unfortunately, the alarms on her cell phone chose that time to go off, the ringing growing louder with each second. Grumbling, Alice reached for her phone and turned off her alarms, rolling out of bed. She shuffled to her dresser, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she stared at her clothes. Why did she have to get up so early? It was then she realized today was the first official new day of the school year. Oh yeah, that's right, she thought, perking up a little bit more. Maybe yesterday wasn't the best day to start off the new year but she wasn't going to let that ruin today. Nope.

Alice looked at the time: 6:30 AM. There was no way she could shower, dry, and get dressed by 7 which was when breakfast would be over. She'll have to go to the convenience store and get something to munch on instead. Better that way since the cafeteria was packed with people, especially since it was the first day.
@Brea

Soren

Soren's alarm chimed at the same time as Axel's. He silenced them and sat up with a yawn as Axel left the room. He went to his dresser and pulled on a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. Soren's eyes wandered to the little flower pot on his desk. He had completely forgotten to get some soil to plant the seeds still sealed inside the packet. He made a mental note to do that as soon as possible, hopefully today. He checked his phone for the weather to see that today it was going to rain. If he can get some soil and plant the seeds then he wouldn't have to worry about water for the today. Convenient.

"Morning Sorren," said Axel as he walked in. Axel quickly got dressed went for the door. "I'll be back after my run. See you later, Sorren."

"I'll be at breakfast by the time you get back," Soren replied as Axel left the room. Soren fixed his white hair from the bed head and went to the cafeteria. He got his tray of food but when he stepped into the mess hall, it was packed with so many people. Everyone already seemed to occupy a space, and all grouped up, chatting and eating breakfast. He stood awkwardly, unsure of where to sit.
@Brea

Reactions: Kairia
Faiht.jpg

Faiht took the white bear with roses and stood beside Cora as she eyes the donuts like gems. She returns a look to Kyler and gives a slight smile, as if he had redeemed himself. It wasn't that big of a deal though, Faith was just going to play-argue with him as she always did. He went out of his way to get her all that...then Faiht thought about her roommie's words. @Lazy_Not_Bored

"Well, thank you Kyler, this is sweet. And it was nothing I knew I could pack things up quick like the wind...no pun intended."

Just as Faiht begins to smell the roses, Axel jogs by in a blank tank top showcasing the tone of his arms and that soild chest that she'd seen the night before. She looks up and smiles at Axel to see him run faster and turn in the other direction. @Brea

"Hey Ax....el? Okayyyy...."

Faiht walks boldly and with extra height because of her heels, shuffling her backpack onto her with both straps. She places the donuts in her backpack and carries the bear in her arms as she makes way towards the cafeteria.

"Cora? Ky? You guys going to brekkie or no?"

She walks while listening for their answers, eyeing Axel in the far distance.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Someone was pushing her awake. She groaned and rolled over, tightening the quilt's embrace. Her breathing slowed shortly after and she was able to doze off again. But sleep wasn't quite possible after that. It was time to get up, like it or not. Kairia rubbed her eyes and stretched and yawned loudly. Her body ached. Anytime she drank, her muscles protested the day after. She pushed herself up and opened her eyes for the first time. It was still dark, thankfully. Her roommate's bed was empty, neatly made. There was no evidence anyone had slept in it. Kairia didn't think she had slept that long. It was only moments before that she thought someone was trying to waken her. It had to have been Faiht. She expected as much. Faiht seemed the early-riser type.

Kairia stood up, leaving her bed a mess of blankets. She peered through the window to look onto the school grounds. The skies were clear and the sun had just begun to rise and puncture the blue veil. Students were milling about. Many were heavily bundled but Kairia spotted several girls scantily clad. She shook her head and wondered what she was going to wear. Fashion and makeup were two things she had not mastered, but her self-esteem required her to rummage through her things to find something presentable. Faiht had folded and put her clothes away very neatly in the little dresser by her bed. It was very sweet of her and Kairia smiled softly. She made a mental note to do some real shopping later. She still wanted to do something nice for Faiht's pool party gifts. As she grabbed her clothes and a plastic bag with a clutter of bathroom supplies, she spied something bulging out of the school brochure envelope she hadn't noticed before. She rested her things on the dresser while she pulled out the object. It looked like a phone, sort of similar to Faiht's.

What the hell...? Does every student get one of these?

The screen was black and no button combination would trigger a response. With more investigating, she found a charger cord inside the envelope as well and she plugged the mysterious gadget into an outlet near her bedside. It should be somewhat charged by the time she got back from the showers. The thought made her stomach tighten in fear. This school was perfect in every way except one. Public showers.

Her naked feet padded down the hallway. There were other girls exiting the bathroom and she prayed that it'd be empty inside. No such luck. The bathroom wasn't crowded but there were a handful of girls giggling in groups in front of the mirrors and some towel snapping at each other. Kairia's throat tightened. There were so many things bouncing at once. She could feel her face flood red and the steam in the air began to sizzle.

For the love of god, look away before they notice.

There were many things that did not faze Kairia. Naked women was not one of them. By the time she headed back to her dorm room, her face was frozen in a blank expression. She wasn't sure which she would have preferred. Floppy men or bouncy women.

Back safe and sound, she finished up her school prepping. It was 8 a.m. Plenty of time before classes started but she had missed breakfast. Breakfast was more of an optional meal anyway.

An annoying blip started going off. She had completely forgotten about that weird gadget. Hopping up off the floor where she had all her things splayed out, she picked it up off the table. It was mostly charged and showing all sorts of weird things. She would figure it out later in her downtime. For right now, she wanted to get all her things ready. Picking up her trodden pack, she grabbed stationary, a pencil pouch, the textbook for her upcoming class and placed them all neatly in her backpack. Looking around, she wondered what else she would need. Her phone had said something about it being only 67 degrees. Definitely jacket weather. She grabbed one from her dresser and her beloved white headphones.

She was ready. Her keys were the last thing she grabbed before she left her cozy fortress and entered the new world.

@ch0sen1

Attachments

• edb63ad354a2a4da250bdc5f958646fc.jpg
    edb63ad354a2a4da250bdc5f958646fc.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 2
  • piercing-redhead-portrait-style-make-up-photoshop-wallpaper.jpg
    piercing-redhead-portrait-style-make-up-photoshop-wallpaper.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 1
images
"No I got all I need," Cora said raising her coffee cup "I'm off to the gym. Call me later we'll hang after school." Cora said before walking away with her necessary fuel. A good thing about Kyler bringing Cora coffee is they have a mutual agreement that coffee should be boiling hot and having heat at your fingertips really helped keep it hot. At this temp if spilled it could easily give three degree burns. Cora noticed the bear still in her hands and tried putting it in her drawstring bag and walk at the same time her mistake... "Omph"

***WHO WANTS TO BUMP INTO CORA???????

Leon had just finished eating and has went to put his tray away when someone walked right into him. He looked over to his left and seen Cora "you alright?" He asked as he held out a hand to help her up. To be honest, he had been lost in his thoughts while he was walking and brought back to the physical world because Cora bumped into him.
@Lazy_Not_Bored

Last edited:
images
"Yeah, sorry." Cora said getting up and then realizing Leon held out a helpful hand. "Thanks" Cora couldn't fight her girlie insides as much as she tried and then it happened the thing she hated the most a blush rose to her cheeks and she could feel the heat in her face. Cora's mind went blank as she tried to hide her purposeless blush.

"Where are my manners, my name is Leon. I'm a fire user, but still figuring out my powers. Kinda had an explosive, and costly, awakening." Leon said glad she was alright.
@Lazy_Not_Bored

images

The sudden start of conversation mellowed Cora's cheeks. "Do you tell that to all the girls" Cora teased she suddenly felt comfort like she was talking with Kyler and Faiht. "I'm Cora, fire elementia" Cora prooved this with a pretty spark resembling a sparkler coming from her palm.

Status
Not open for further replies.