Dwindling Glory - Lament of the Fallen OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine. Even if you had posted, I've been busy for nearly a week now and it's kept me out of commission so I wouldn't have noticed anyway!

All the same, would be nice to see that GM post I predicted... when you're able of course.

I saw, it was a good post though I can't do too much with it. My next post is probably gonna be a lot of improvisation and fluff.

Speaking of, whose turn is it?

Probably me for an Alex post. XD.

Welp.

Waiting on you then Maluk~ Then it's Dawnslight's turn, then Kisara's (if she's back by then) then mine. Circle of life and stuff.

Though, it kinda feels like a chapter just ended in the story... I forsee a lot of talking and catching up in the next few posts.

*nods* Indeed. Things are going to calm down for a bit, but then accelerate again.

AND THEN IT'S OFF TO BELFAST.

Belfast, the administrative capital of Northern Ireland. :D

Oh... Well, it should be interesting to see how Ezeckial deals with the latent religious conflict of the area. Looking forward to writing that all out for sure~

I've been writing my postie, sorry it's taking a while, I have an upcoming Calculus final.

In the meantime, though, I've come to realize something. Alex is totally taking Jason's death like a child, not one who's so young that he's incapable of comprehending death, but not one that's old enough to come to terms with it either. He just can't... deal with it. Jason's death was so fundamentally profound and life-shattering that it broke something in Alex, and that's not healed, not by a long shot. It hasn't even begun to. I don't think it ever will.

I could totally attribute that to Alex and Jason being Alpha and Omega since those two were-creature/were-creature mate roles are so intimately and profoundly bound that losing one is almost irrevocably harmful to the other. Despite that, though, I think that the reason Alex was so attached to Jason, to such a degree as he can't let go is because he is, for one thing, gay. It's never mentioned in publicized canon lore, but Alex has had quite a few failed relationships. Jason kind of had one, but was outed because of it. I think that there was a point in his life that Alex had given up on ever finding a mate and Jason just managed to just waltz in and steal his heart away... In a sense, Jason saved Alex from the very same fate that his older brother Nathan suffered.

There's that fact that human!Alex is very much an affectionate character, needing affection as much as he likes to give it to Jason, but there's also the fact that Jason fulfilled the needs of were-lion!Alex in such a way that no one else was able to back when they first met. I'm of the opinion that it's not only the Alex's and Jason's biologies that are contributing to such a profound and strong bond that Alex just can't let go, but it's also their psychology that's to blame...

I have no idea why I was pretty much going on a character exploration tangent... >_>

*taps on a pad of paper* Yes... Interesting...

Character tangents are good I think. They give you a chance to better explain to others your character to make them more three dimensional and it also gives you a chance to brainstorm on your characters as you write even if you don't realize it. A lot of my favorite characters have been made more complete by going on rants about them to one person or another.

In this case though, I feel that Ezeckial is still too new a character for me to properly have a grasp on. Theeeeeeeeeeere's also the fact that he's a celestial being and is thus much higher on the plane of comprehension than what normal people can think on though not as high as a pure angel like say Michael because 1. his time in Hell 2. his decision to leave at the very end of the rebellion and 3. his long since over developed rage towards anything and everything Heavenly Host related. Trying to put him in a human frame of mind is... complicated, an quite honestly it doesn't live up to the level of profundity I would expect from a character of this magnitude. Soooo, he needs to develop a bit more to say the least I think.

I HAVE RETURNED! :) *catches up reading* Malkie, you did such a perfect job with Leon!!! ^o^ I hope you're feeling better and good luck on your Calculus final!!
What happened to Alex's brother Nathan? Did I miss a back story postie/blog entry? ;_;
Siiigh, I love all these characters :) So it's DawLi's turn, then mine?

Welcome back Karissa~ I hope everything has gone wondrously~

Now get posting again. *taps a ruler*

@DawnsLight just a gentle reminder that it's your turn to postie!

@Navras, @Kisara, actually, feel free to postie, as everyone just needs to react to what's just happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.