3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Magical girl, action, science fiction
[btn=https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/dust-to-dust-a-next-gen-rwby-rp-information-under-construction.158994/]Setting Information[/btn] [btn=https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/dust-to-dust-a-next-gen-rwby-rp-ic.159712/]IC[/btn]

Looking for Huntsmen and Huntresses to enroll at the newly-reopened Beacon Academy, keep the spark of hope alive, and join this future-set RWBY RP. I (Mollisol) am the GM.

RWBY: Dust to Dust

• Before you were born, Beacon Academy fell to the forces of darkness. Team RWBY and other heroes from Beacon worked with Haven to protect it from the same fate, and they won. Some time after that, they had you, and they brought you into a world at peace.

That world would grow vibrant but chaotic. The citizens of Vale were determined to find a way forward - they made the city beautiful again, they brought the CCT back online, and they drove the Grimm out of the center of the city. Faunus grew even less accepted due to the actions of the White Fang. Technology advanced, and with that came new forms of dust, and materials and biotech based off of newly-discovered Grimm physiology. Beacon Academy was reopened by Glynda Goodwitch's sister Locasta. Your reasons for joining were your own, whether you saw it as taking up your parents' mantle, having adventures of your own, or just bringing light to the world.

Advancement did not come without those who wished to tear it down. Charismatic leader Io Sugilite spoke against the use of aura, in favor of using biotechnology to augment humans and merge them with the Grimm living in outer Vale. Treating the Grimm like gods, her movement grew into a cult with members in all four kingdoms. This cult, the Yamiko Movement, developed a tense relationship with Remnant's combat schools.

Then the unthinkable happened - dust started making people sick. Huntsmen and Huntresses developed terrible illnesses from using it. Grimm began to encroach upon humanity's footholds once again. As dust sales plummeted, the Yamiko Movement gained momentum, and Nature's Wrath became a much less viable combat aid. People had to use it in very limited quantities, or find technological replacements. The quest became to uncover the cause of this strange new disease, and procure the materials needed for a cure.

You're attending Beacon in a world where dust, humanity's candle in the dark, is dangerous. Your world holds advancements and challenges your parents could never have foreseen. What future will you and your team carve out?

• You play as a descendant of one of the show's heroes, attending Beacon Academy. There will be action and adventure, missions in a variety of settings, and the challenge of fighting dangerous enemies without Dust. Your characters will learn to work together, and if you're looking for it, perhaps romance will blossom as well. Your missions are handed down by scientists, who need Huntsmen and Huntresses to navigate perilous territory, fight Grimm, and clash with the Yamiko Movement in order to find a cure.

The game will start before initiation, and jump to the second semester (which includes missions and a dance) after initiation ends.

Have roleplay common sense - no godmodding, OP characters, etc. Your writing should be at least at the Intermediate level. Posting speed is 2-3 IC posts a week.

• As for who your character's parent is, you can claim any character from RWBY, JN(P)R, or CFVY, plus Sun and Neptune, as long as they're not already claimed. You are also allowed to have two canon characters as your character's parents if you choose (for example, instead of Coco and an OC father, you could play the child of Coco and Fox, or someone Coco and Velvet adopted). Open characters include:

Fox Alistair
    Yatsuhashi Daichi

Taken characters include:

Ruby Rose and Jaune Arc (Accelerator - Rowan Arc)
    Weiss Schnee and Neptune Vasilias (Casket Case - Hailey Schnee)
    Blake Belladonna and Sun Wukong (jessica2477)
    Yang Xiao Long (Mollisol - Daiyu Xiao Long)
    Nora Valkyrie (Beowulf - Hans Valkyrie)
    Lie Ren (S@lt - Jadori "Jade" Ren)
    Coco Adel (★Under The Stars★ - Honey Adel)
    Velvet Scarlatina (Queen of Null - Kara Scarlatina)
    Cardin Winchster (CasketCase - Nightingale Winchester)

Character Sheet

Notes
  1. Your character needs to feel like they're descended from their parent from canon, and connect to them somehow, without being a carbon copy.
  2. The posting expectation is Intermediate - good caps/grammar/punctuation, fleshed-out paragraphs, varied sentence structure. This applies to both IC posts and your character sheet.
  3. Feel free to add any stats you see necessary, and to use different bbcodes to make your character sheet prettier.

Character Name
Picture

• Name: Remember to include your canon parent's last name!
    Name relation to color: Self-explanatory
    Race: Human or faunus?
    Immediate family members: Self-explanatory

• Aura color: Self-explanatory
    Height: Self-explanatory
    Body type: Athletic? Skinny? Curvy?
    Faunus trait: if applicable

• Weapon: Name and describe
    Semblance: Describe
    Fighting style: Self-explanatory
    Dust Options: You used Dust before it started making people sick. Some Huntsmen and Huntresses have discovered they can achieve its desired effects with different technology, while others continue to use it in small enough capacities to avoid significant illness. What do you do?

• Why did you enroll at Beacon? Self-explanatory
    Personality: Self-explanatory
    Romance? If yes, what's their romantic orientation?

• Parental history: What did their parent(s) do after defeating Salem? How did they meet?
    Personal history: How was life growing up? Was their family rich? Poor? What was their relationship with their parents?

Character Name
Picture

[tabs][tab=ID]
[B]Name:[/B] Remember to include your canon parent's last name!
[B]Name relation to color:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Age:[/B] 16-18
[B]Race:[/B] Human or faunus?
[B]Immediate family members:[/B] Self-explanatory
[/tab][tab=Visage]
[B]Aura color:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Height:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Body type:[/B] Athletic? Skinny? Curvy?
[B]Faunus trait:[/B] if applicable
[/tab][tab=Combat]
[B]Weapon:[/B] Name and describe
[B]Semblance:[/B] Describe
[B]Fighting style:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Dust Options:[/B] You used Dust before it started making people sick. Some Huntsmen and Huntresses have discovered they can achieve its desired effects with different technology, while others continue to use it in small enough capacities to avoid significant illness. What do you do?
[/tab][tab=Personal]
[B]Why did you enroll at Beacon?[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Personality:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Romance?[/B] If yes, what's their romantic orientation?
[/tab][tab=History]
[B]Parental history:[/B] What did their parent(s) do after defeating Salem? How did they meet?
[B]Personal history:[/B] How was life growing up? Was their family rich? Poor? What was their relationship with their parents?
[/tab][/tabs]
[/hr]

Teams
[BCOLOR=#000000]HHHK[/BCOLOR] (Hawk): Hailey Schnee // Hans Valkyrie // Honey Adel // Kara Scarlatina
[BCOLOR=#000000]JRND (Jacaranda):[/BCOLOR] Jadori Ren // Rowan Arc // Nightingale Winchester // Daiyu Xiao Long
[/hr]

Last edited:
Hans is the only male character...?

I'm okay with that.
But that would give you a default harem , and default harems aren't any fun rofl.

Reactions: Mollisol
@Mollisol

It seems I'll be away till Friday so I won't be able to rp. Just wanted to let you know. It's fine to start without me if you want. I have to go now, bye.
That's okay! I'll try to work around it.

Update on teams: I'm thinking of the following for team names:

Team Hawk
Hailey Schnee @CasketCase
Hans Valkyrie @Beowulf
Honey Adel @★Under The Stars★
Kara Scarlatina @Queen of Null

Team Jacaranda
Jade (Ren, I'm assuming) @S@lt
Rowan Arc @Accelerator 's character
Daiyu Xiao Long
@Jessica2477 's character

I'm willing to change Daiyu's name if it helps things think better. Accelerator and Jessica, do either of you have ideas for your characters' names? (It's okay if they conflict with Jacaranda or Jade; that's why I posted this - to figure things out.)

Last edited:

Team Hawk
Hans Valkyrie @Beowulf

Team Jacaranda or Jade
Daiyu Xiao Long
@Accelerator 's character

I'm willing to change Daiyu's name if it helps things think better. Accelerator and Jessica, do either of you have ideas for your characters' names? (It's okay if they conflict with Jacaranda or Jade; that's why I posted this - to figure things out.)
I was planning on naming my male character "Rowan Arc"

Team Hawk
Hans Valkyrie @Beowulf

Team Jacaranda
Rowan Arc @Accelerator 's character
Daiyu Xiao Long

No idea on a name. There's no black color or a masculine sounding yellow or brown name that begins with A

-Was hoping to make things easier. But Noir sounds like a good name for what I have in mind.

That name is not set in stone by the way. Crapples. So much I want to do with this dude

No idea on a name. There's no black color or a masculine sounding yellow or brown name that begins with A

-Was hoping to make things easier. But Noir sounds like a good name for what I have in mind.
Noir sounds good, but in case you want other options because I spend too much time looking at color names:
  • Ardit (golden day)
  • Arlind (gold)
  • Arun (reddish brown)
  • Auriel (gold)
  • Ayal (deer; gazelle)
  • Narcissus (daffodil)

catcafe.medium.png

• Name: Jadori "Jade" Ren
    Name relation to color: A mixture of jade green and midori green
    Race: Human
    Immediate family members
    Father: Lie Ren
    Half-brother: Hans Valkyrie
    Biological Mother: Akane (OC)
    Step Mother: Nora Valkyrie

• Aura color: A mixture of jade and light green.
    Height: 170cm
    Body type: Skinny with a pear shaped body.

• Weapon: The Element of Jingki
    At first glance Jade's weapon looks like a bamboo stick, but hidden within is many surprises - hence the name "The Element of Jingki". The bamboo stick stands 170cm tall with a jade carving of a Chinese dragon's head with it's mouth open. While in the middle of the stick is a handle with red material wrapped around it. The Jingki does as much damage as stunning an opponent unless it is activated with the dust-infused pin in Jade's hair, then it can do more damage. When inserting the pin in the bottom of the stick, it electrifies the stick (excluding the wrapped material), like a large taser. When in gun mode; the stick retracts to 30cm, acting like a handgun. Holding with both hands; one under the dragon's head and the other on the fold-out, perpendicular handle - the gun fires out balls of electric static from the dragon mouth, pulling back the handle to trigger the gun.
    Semblance: Electric Feel
    An electric feel is normally described as a jolt of emotions that is electrified. It is rare for this semblance to occur due to the lack of sentiment, although it is able to appear once Jadori is overwhelmed with emotions, a emotional breakdown of sadness and anger. Times slows down for Jade and her speed increases, giving her the upper hand.
    Fighting style: Jadori's skill is much similar to her father's; excellent form, grace and elegancy. With the fighting style of the martial art called Tai Chi, she has the benefits of increased stamina, speed, exceptional balance, and flexibility.
    Dust Options: Jade's weapon will only properly work if she use her dust pin to activates its, although it is in small amounts she uses it regularly in combat.

• Why did you enroll at Beacon?
    "
    To become everything my father was and everything my mother wasn't"
    Personality: Jade ressembles her father more than her biological mother. She is always praised about her well-manneredness, serenity and her knowledge of oriental practices. Besides her good traits; she lacks of empathy and sympathy, emotions and the social skill to make friends. Not reactant to many situations as her brother Hans giver her a lot of crap for whatever reason. Due to her lack of reactions, it does not bother her one bit. Although, her serenity and intelligence is used as her savagery as she able to defend herself and her brother socially.
    Romance? No

• Parental history: Relationships is a delicate thing. Due to the emotional trauma from the battle against Salem, the relationship between Ren and Nora fell apart. Shortly after meeting Jade's biological mother, Akane. The two had a child together but history repeated itself as Akane left Ren while taking Jadori with her.
    Personal history: Jade grew up with the early stages of the Yamiko Movement as her and her mother was one of the first followers of this cult. Growing up in this cult wasn't easy for Jadori, her mother did not allow contract with the "outside world", especially her father. She didn't knew her father until she overheard her mother talking to a fellow cult member about her father, this intrigued Jade to find out who her father is. This led to Jade eventually escaping from her mothers captive and reuniting with Ren after many years not knowing him. As Ren reunited with Nora and had a child called Hans, she adapted herself into her new family with her step-mother, half-brother and father.

Last edited by a moderator:
7d3339f3dc8bf16dc16769dc7f5f7ed7.png

• Name: Jadori "Jade" Ren
    Name relation to color: A mixture of jade green and midori green
    Immediate family members
    Father: Lie Ren
    Half-brother: Hans Valkyrie
    Biological Mother: Akane (OC)
    Step Mother: Nora Valkyrie

• Aura color: A mixture of jade and light green.
    Height: 170cm
    Body type: Skinny with a pear shaped body.

• Weapon: The Element of Jingki
    At first glance Jade's weapon looks a bamboo stick, but hidden within is many surprises hence the name "The Element of Jingki". The bamboo stick stand 170cm tall with a jade carving of a Chinese dragon's head with it's mouth open while in the middle of the stick is a handle with red material wrapped around it. The Jingki does as much damage as stunning an opponent unless it is activated with the dust-infused pin in Jade's hair. When inserting the pin in the bottom of the stick, it electrifies the stick (excluding the wrapped material) making it like a large taser. When in gun mode; the stick is retractable to 30cm, acting like a handgun. Holding both hands; one under the dragon's head and the other on the fold-out perpendicular handle - the gun fires out balls of electric static from the dragon mouth, pulling back the handle to trigger the gun.
    Semblance: Electric Feel
    An electric feel is normally described as a jolt of emotions that is electrified. It is rare for this Semblance to occur to the lack of sentiment, although it is able to make once Jadori is overwhelmed with emotions, a emotional breakdown of sadness and anger. Times slows down for Jade and her speed increase, giving her the upper hand.
    Fighting style: Jadori's skill is much similar to her father's; excellent form, grace and elegancy. With the fighting style of the martial art called Tai Chi, she has the benefits of increased stamina, speed, exceptional balance, and flexibility.
    Dust Options: Jade's weapon will only properly work if she use her dust pin to activates its, although it is in small amounts she uses it regularly in combat.

"
    To become everything my father was and everything my mother wasn't"
    Personality: Jade ressembles her father more than her biological mother. She is always praised about her well-manneredness, serenity and her knowledge of oriental practices. Besides her good traits; she lacks of empathy and sympathy, emotions and the social skill to make friends. Not reactant to many situations as her brother Hans giver her a lot of crap for whatever reason. Due to her lack of reactions, it does not bother her one bit. Although, her serenity and intelligence is used as her savagery as she able to defend herself and her brother socially.
    Romance? No

• Parental history: Relationships is a delicate thing. Due to the emotional trauma from the battle against Salem, the relationship between Ren and Nora fell apart. Shortly after meeting Jade's biological mother, Akane. The two had a child together but history repeated itself as Akane left Ren while taking Jadori with her.
    Personal history: Jade grew up with the early stages of the Yamiko Movement as her and her mother was one of the first followers of this cult. Growing up in this cult wasn't easy for Jadori, her mother did not allow contract with the "outside world" especially her father. She diidn't knew her father until she overheard her mother talking to a fellow cult member about her father, this intrigued Jade to find out who her father is. This led to Jade eventually escaping from her mothers captive and reuniting with Ren after many years not knowing him. Then adapting herself into her new family with her step-mother Nora and half-borther Hans.
The actual sheet looks good; on top is something that says "This image is not available". I'm going to put her link in the first post, but I thought you should know that "font meme" isn't working.

The actual sheet looks good; on top is something that says "This image is not available". I'm going to put her link in the first post, but I thought you should know that "font meme" isn't working.
Ah rip, thanks for letting me know! Just fixed it!

Hey @Mollisol since Rowan is Ruby's son, would he be allowed to have the "Silver Eyes" or not?

Also, I'm kind stuck trying to figure out a name for his weapon lol.

Hey @Mollisol since Rowan is Ruby's son, would he be allowed to have the "Silver Eyes" or not?

Also, I'm kind stuck trying to figure out a name for his weapon lol.
I'm gonna say "no" on Silver Eyes, because we don't know enough about how they work, their counters, etc.

Hmm, if I may help, maybe use the parents' weapons' naming conventions? Something Latin (like Crocea Mors) or [English Word] Rose? (I don't mean to make it hard for people; it's just that the two major teams in RWBY have their weapons named, so I think it's a "main character" kind of convention. Plus I love seeing what people come up with!)

• Thank You
Reactions: Accelerator
Ah naming, perhaps the hardest thing to do. Anyways, I could help, but what's your character like, and their weapon of course.
Well my character is like a combination of Qrow and Jaune's good points. He kinda combines both of Jaune and Ruby's fighting styles since his sword can turn into a scythe and could also turn into a shotgun.

Here are pics to help.

1862_original.jpg

ion_shotgun_by_akonstad-d66h21b.jpg

Pi0If1F.png

tumblr_static_9okym0p4lmw4gow0ks0g8088s.png

• Name:

Rowan Arc

Name relation to color:

Rowan is an Irish surname transferred to forename use, derived from an Anglicized form of Gaelic Ruadhán, meaning "little red one."

Immediate family members:

Ruby Rose (Mother), Jaune Arc (Father), Crimson Rose (Older Half-Sister), Yang Xiao Long (Aunt), Qrow Branwen (Grand Uncle), Raven Branwen (Grand Aunt) , Daiyu Xiao Long (Cousin), Taiyang Xiao Long (Grandfather)

render__elesis_dark_knight_by_lordcorvoart-d8gfqtg.png

• Aura color:
    Red Wisps of Smoke

Height:
    5'7" (170 cm)

Body type:
    Athletic

Faunus trait:
    N/A

• Weapon:

Briar Rose - Rowan's weapon of choice that he crafted himself during his years in Signal Academy, this weapon was made as tribute to the three people whom he idolizes the most ; his parents and his Grand Uncle Qrow, as it enables him to incorporate each of their fighting styles in combat depending on which weapon form he chooses.

The most apparent, "default" form is the sword form which Rowan primarily uses in combat. It has the appearance of a single-edged long sword with a circular compartment where the cross guard in a traditional sword would be located. Inside this compartment are three cylindrical chambers where dust vials could be inserted. By pulling trigger located at the hilt of the sword, a mechanism within the circular compartment activates enabling Rowan to choose between any of the types of dust inside the three chambers. Various effects could be achieved depending on the type of dust used (e.g. burning or freezing anything the blade comes in contact with if flame and ice dust is used respectively.) The back of the blade emits light of varying colors indicating the type of dust currently being used.

The "Scythe Form" works similarly to Briar Rose's "Sword Form". Another trigger is located on the blade's handle, that transforms the sword into scythe form when pressed.

"Gun Form" is achieved by pressing a button at the handle's pommel in sword form and on the shaft in scythe form that triggers a release mechanism. This in turn automatically transforms Briar Rose into a semi-automatic shotgun. While normally already a powerful weapon when using ordinary ammo, its destructive capabilities are further emphasized when using dust-infused ammunition.

When used with Fire Dust Bullets, the shotgun can spew an explosive torrent of flames, while with Ice Dust Bullets, it can blast freeze anything it comes in contact with. By using Wind Dust Bullets, the gun can emit razor-sharp winds that can affect a wide are in front of the user making it an effective AoE attack.

1862_original.jpg

ion_shotgun_by_akonstad-d66h21b.jpg

Semblance:
    Knight's Vow - Rowan's semblance takes the form of a black knight's armor encasing his entire body. The armor itself passively increases most of his stats including his strength, speed, endurance, defense, stamina, and agility tenfold. It also allows him to instantly gain proficiency in handling anything he touches so long as the object was created with the intent of it being used as a weapon.

Using this semblance comes at a cost, however. Aside from continuously depleting his aura the longer he dons the armor, he is constantly plagued by negative thoughts such as worthlessness, weakness, and failure as long as his semblance is active. Not only does it affect his mental state during a fight, it also brings the danger of possibly attracting creatures of grimm towards him.

With that in mind, he tries to use this sparingly, and should he be forced to use it, he tries to combat the negative effects of his semblance by only using it in short bursts or only partially encasing his body with the armor to achieve the semblance's effects on that particular part of the body, instead of prolongingly using it if the situation allows it.

C2m2jPeUQAABSAB.jpg:large

Fighting style:

Due to him idolizing his grand uncle Qrow, Rowan adopted his fighting style, which seemed perfect considering they both bear practically similar weapons. While Rowan's style of fighting may come off as brash, wild, and reckless, in truth, none of his movements are without careful forethought, accuracy, and precision. Every swing of his blade has purpose, every strike is performed with careful planning. While he is proficient in prolonged melee combat, due to the nature of his semblance, he prefers using shock and awe, and hit and run tactics to defeat an opponent quickly using overwhelming speed and force.

That said, he isn't entirely useless in unarmed combat as he had also trained himself in that aspect to avoid being at a complete disadvantage should he ever be disarmed in combat. On that regard, he sought help from his Grandfather Taiyang and his Aunt Yang to train him in unarmed, close quarters combat. During his sessions, he would often find himself sparring with his cousin, Daiyu who had already adapted this type of fighting style from the start. Needless to say, the first few times he faced her, he had his ass handed to him but as he improved, he managed to last longer and longer against her. While he still isn't able to match her prowess in hand-to-hand combat, she says that he is decent enough at it not to make a complete ass of himself like the first time he faced her.

Dust Options:

Having designed and modeled his weapon to take on dust vials, and dust-infused ammunition, Rowan immediately found it hard to forfeit any usage of dust, despite the known side effects it had been causing with anyone who uses it. Since he only uses small portions of Dust from the get go(in the form of dust vials and dust-infused ammunition which contains proportionately less concentrated amounts of dust than crystals or shaped dust), he finds himself only slightly affected by the Dust Syndrome, adapting to it by using Dust only in small amounts if the situation calls for it.

Just like his older sister, Rowan wanted to emulate the heroic feats his parents and Grand Uncle performed when fighting the creatures of Grimm and during the war against Salem. Picking up his father's kindness and sincerity to help others, Rowan has made it his own personal goal not only to become what his parents were during their day but also surpass them, so they could finally rest easy back at home knowing that even without them, Remnant would still be able to maintain its peace.

Personality:

Seemingly inheriting his Grand Uncle's personality, Rowan is quite an easy-going, and carefree person, who only ever gets serious in a fight. He isn't one to get down because of a problem, often stating that "needlessly worrying about it won't solve it anyways, so why even bother?". But instead of inheriting Qrow's negative points, these were replaced with his father's own positive traits. Instead of being cynical, Rowan is kindhearted and selfless. Instead of being rude towards others, he is amiable and friendly.

But like all people, Rowan has his fair share of flaws. The most apparent of this is his self-doubt, stemming upon the realization that he may live the rest of his life in the shadows left behind by his Grand Uncle and Grand Aunt, his parents, and most recently, his half-sister Crimson and failing to make an impact and a name for himself.

Rowan doesn't simply want to be referred to as "Ruby and Jaune's kid" or "Qrow's Grand Nephew" and instead strives to gain and surpass his relatives' prominence.

With his thirst for success, he sometimes adopts a utilitarian attitude, believing that the ends justify the means. That is why he isn't above lying or cheating in a fight, should those actions guarantee his victory.

Romance

Heteroromantic

• Parental History:

After the defeat of Salem, it had seemed that peace would finally return to all of Remnant. Through the combined efforts of all of the 4 Kingdom, together with Huntsmen and Huntresses, the Grimm were being driven back to the furthest reaches of the world. With peace seemingly becoming imminent, most of the combatants who were once too busy keeping the Grimm at bay found themselves with a bit too much time on their hands. As a result, these huntsmen and huntresses would be given the reprieve and the opportunity to form bonds that transcend that of friends and allies.

Ruby Rose was not an exception to this. Shortly after the peace in the Kingdoms returned, she found herself developing a relationship with a fellow huntsman that she met and befriended while they were pushing back the creatures of Grimm. He had seemed at the time to be the perfect guy: kind, cheerful, considerate, responsible, and optimistic, these qualities would drive young Ruby's fledgling heart to fall madly in love with him. Their love resulted in the birth of Ruby's first child, Crimson. However, what Ruby couldn't possibly predict was her lover's betrayal.

Shortly after Crimson's birth, the child's father disappeared without a word, leaving Ruby to care for her young daughter by herself. Even with her ex-husband's betrayal, Ruby harbored no regrets nor ill-will towards Crimson, considering her as the most precious gift she had received from her failed relationship.

When Jaune Arc caught word of what happened to Ruby, he was furious at he ex-husband for abandoning his wife and young child like garbage. But having no leads as to where to find him, Jaune settled for helping Ruby raise young Crimson.

At first, both of them considered this as only an act between friends, but it had seemed that fate had other plans for the two. With Jaune acting as Crimson's surrogate father, Ruby would see qualities in him that he once saw with her ex-husband and then some. Jaune was also kind, cheerful, considerate, responsible, optimistic, generous but he was not without fault, as he can be a bit of a klutz sometimes. Perhaps the most crucial thing that caused Ruby to fall in love with Jaune was his willingness to become a surrogate father to Crimson without any hesitation whatsoever. She finally realized that her ex-husband seemed too perfect at the time, failing to realize that the qualities he saw in him was a facade while Jaune's qualities are the genuine article.

On the other hand, spending such a long time with Ruby caring for her young daughter instilled some feelings in Jaune's heart as well. While at first, he was doing this solely as a way to help a friend, before long he found motivation and happiness upon realizing that he was slowly becoming a part of their lives. He was also starting to see Ruby not only as a friend but as a woman.

Soon enough, their budding feelings for each other became apparent and they fell madly in love with each other. As a result, Rowan was born out of Jaune and Ruby's love for one another, getting married shortly afterwards.

Personal History:

Rowan grew up in a simple yet loving household, raised by his cheerful, and optimistic parents alongside with his responsible, level-headed, yet doting half-sister, Crimson. At a young age, Ruby and Jaune decided to reveal the fact that Jaune was not Crimson's father in order to avoid any sort of friction in the family later on should Crimson find out the fact herself.

Surprisingly, she took the fact well and it hasn't affected the half-siblings relationship at all. However, she did ask to retain her mother's surname instead of using Jaune's since she felt unworthy using her step-father's surname, and at the same time, refused to don her own father's last name. Still, she considers Jaune as a far better father than her own father could ever hope to be, grateful for how he willingly helped her mother care for her an

The siblings soon discovered a lot about their parents' and Grand Aunt and Uncle's former profession back in the day, and the tales of their chivalry, bravery, and heroism instilled a burning passion in each of their hearts to follow in their parents' footsteps. Despite how Jaune and Ruby wanted Crimson and Rowan to live a safe and peaceful life as an ordinary citizen of Vale, they both knew that they don't have the right to go against their children's wishes since they themselves once held that same dream when they were nothing but fledgling initiates in Beacon.

Being the eldest and the first to meet the minimum age requirement to enter a Huntsman Academy, Crimson was the first to take up the challenge of becoming a Huntress, and while still currently at her 3rd year in Beacon, had already made a name for herself. When it came time for Rowan to take on the mantle of becoming a Huntsman, he is greeted with quite a few challenges, mainly making a name for himself instead of living under the shadow of his parents and sister's reputation.

Last edited:
The first thing that comes to mind is Rose's Thorn, keeping with the rose theme of Ruby's weapon. If only we knew Qrow's weapon's name, since it's basically Qrow's scythe.

@Accelerator I know this is a WIP, but I need to tell you I won't allow elemental manipulation as a semblance, as it's my opinion that as an innate ability it's something unique to Maidens. I know semblances can be tricky; this might give you some ideas if you're having trouble.

Also, I would like to see a more apparent flaw or two in his personality; the only one I can see now is that he never gets serious except in a fight. (I don't wanna ask you to rewrite his whole personality - maybe just take something he already has far enough so that it's apparent that it's a flaw?)

Everything else (besides the weapon name, but you told me about that) looks great! I look forward to seeing it when it's finished.

And I know @Beowulf has provided some good advice, but I will provide some ideas of my own as well:
  • "Rose's Thorn" and other rose motif things work well. Maybe due to the shape of the weapon, a thorn of some sort is in order.
  • Maybe add something red like "pyrope" or "carnelian"?
  • "Gambol Shroud" and "Ember Celica" both describe how the weapon aids the user in combat (Ember Celica shoots fire; Gambol Shroud leaps around with Blake), so perhaps something like that could work. Rowan's movements are decisive and precise, so maybe something like "sting". EDIT: @Accelerator , this word didn't make it into the original post for some reason
I'm not gonna be picky on the weapon name; as long as it's not a joke or something, I can't see any reason why I wouldn't accept it. ^^;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.