3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Magical girl, action, science fiction
[btn=https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/dust-to-dust-a-next-gen-rwby-rp-information-under-construction.158994/]Setting Information[/btn] [btn=https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/dust-to-dust-a-next-gen-rwby-rp-ic.159712/]IC[/btn]

Looking for Huntsmen and Huntresses to enroll at the newly-reopened Beacon Academy, keep the spark of hope alive, and join this future-set RWBY RP. I (Mollisol) am the GM.

RWBY: Dust to Dust

• Before you were born, Beacon Academy fell to the forces of darkness. Team RWBY and other heroes from Beacon worked with Haven to protect it from the same fate, and they won. Some time after that, they had you, and they brought you into a world at peace.

That world would grow vibrant but chaotic. The citizens of Vale were determined to find a way forward - they made the city beautiful again, they brought the CCT back online, and they drove the Grimm out of the center of the city. Faunus grew even less accepted due to the actions of the White Fang. Technology advanced, and with that came new forms of dust, and materials and biotech based off of newly-discovered Grimm physiology. Beacon Academy was reopened by Glynda Goodwitch's sister Locasta. Your reasons for joining were your own, whether you saw it as taking up your parents' mantle, having adventures of your own, or just bringing light to the world.

Advancement did not come without those who wished to tear it down. Charismatic leader Io Sugilite spoke against the use of aura, in favor of using biotechnology to augment humans and merge them with the Grimm living in outer Vale. Treating the Grimm like gods, her movement grew into a cult with members in all four kingdoms. This cult, the Yamiko Movement, developed a tense relationship with Remnant's combat schools.

Then the unthinkable happened - dust started making people sick. Huntsmen and Huntresses developed terrible illnesses from using it. Grimm began to encroach upon humanity's footholds once again. As dust sales plummeted, the Yamiko Movement gained momentum, and Nature's Wrath became a much less viable combat aid. People had to use it in very limited quantities, or find technological replacements. The quest became to uncover the cause of this strange new disease, and procure the materials needed for a cure.

You're attending Beacon in a world where dust, humanity's candle in the dark, is dangerous. Your world holds advancements and challenges your parents could never have foreseen. What future will you and your team carve out?

• You play as a descendant of one of the show's heroes, attending Beacon Academy. There will be action and adventure, missions in a variety of settings, and the challenge of fighting dangerous enemies without Dust. Your characters will learn to work together, and if you're looking for it, perhaps romance will blossom as well. Your missions are handed down by scientists, who need Huntsmen and Huntresses to navigate perilous territory, fight Grimm, and clash with the Yamiko Movement in order to find a cure.

The game will start before initiation, and jump to the second semester (which includes missions and a dance) after initiation ends.

Have roleplay common sense - no godmodding, OP characters, etc. Your writing should be at least at the Intermediate level. Posting speed is 2-3 IC posts a week.

• As for who your character's parent is, you can claim any character from RWBY, JN(P)R, or CFVY, plus Sun and Neptune, as long as they're not already claimed. You are also allowed to have two canon characters as your character's parents if you choose (for example, instead of Coco and an OC father, you could play the child of Coco and Fox, or someone Coco and Velvet adopted). Open characters include:

Fox Alistair
    Yatsuhashi Daichi

Taken characters include:

Ruby Rose and Jaune Arc (Accelerator - Rowan Arc)
    Weiss Schnee and Neptune Vasilias (Casket Case - Hailey Schnee)
    Blake Belladonna and Sun Wukong (jessica2477)
    Yang Xiao Long (Mollisol - Daiyu Xiao Long)
    Nora Valkyrie (Beowulf - Hans Valkyrie)
    Lie Ren (S@lt - Jadori "Jade" Ren)
    Coco Adel (★Under The Stars★ - Honey Adel)
    Velvet Scarlatina (Queen of Null - Kara Scarlatina)
    Cardin Winchster (CasketCase - Nightingale Winchester)

Character Sheet

Notes
  1. Your character needs to feel like they're descended from their parent from canon, and connect to them somehow, without being a carbon copy.
  2. The posting expectation is Intermediate - good caps/grammar/punctuation, fleshed-out paragraphs, varied sentence structure. This applies to both IC posts and your character sheet.
  3. Feel free to add any stats you see necessary, and to use different bbcodes to make your character sheet prettier.

Character Name
Picture

• Name: Remember to include your canon parent's last name!
    Name relation to color: Self-explanatory
    Race: Human or faunus?
    Immediate family members: Self-explanatory

• Aura color: Self-explanatory
    Height: Self-explanatory
    Body type: Athletic? Skinny? Curvy?
    Faunus trait: if applicable

• Weapon: Name and describe
    Semblance: Describe
    Fighting style: Self-explanatory
    Dust Options: You used Dust before it started making people sick. Some Huntsmen and Huntresses have discovered they can achieve its desired effects with different technology, while others continue to use it in small enough capacities to avoid significant illness. What do you do?

• Why did you enroll at Beacon? Self-explanatory
    Personality: Self-explanatory
    Romance? If yes, what's their romantic orientation?

• Parental history: What did their parent(s) do after defeating Salem? How did they meet?
    Personal history: How was life growing up? Was their family rich? Poor? What was their relationship with their parents?

Character Name
Picture

[tabs][tab=ID]
[B]Name:[/B] Remember to include your canon parent's last name!
[B]Name relation to color:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Age:[/B] 16-18
[B]Race:[/B] Human or faunus?
[B]Immediate family members:[/B] Self-explanatory
[/tab][tab=Visage]
[B]Aura color:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Height:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Body type:[/B] Athletic? Skinny? Curvy?
[B]Faunus trait:[/B] if applicable
[/tab][tab=Combat]
[B]Weapon:[/B] Name and describe
[B]Semblance:[/B] Describe
[B]Fighting style:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Dust Options:[/B] You used Dust before it started making people sick. Some Huntsmen and Huntresses have discovered they can achieve its desired effects with different technology, while others continue to use it in small enough capacities to avoid significant illness. What do you do?
[/tab][tab=Personal]
[B]Why did you enroll at Beacon?[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Personality:[/B] Self-explanatory
[B]Romance?[/B] If yes, what's their romantic orientation?
[/tab][tab=History]
[B]Parental history:[/B] What did their parent(s) do after defeating Salem? How did they meet?
[B]Personal history:[/B] How was life growing up? Was their family rich? Poor? What was their relationship with their parents?
[/tab][/tabs]
[/hr]

Teams
[BCOLOR=#000000]HHHK[/BCOLOR] (Hawk): Hailey Schnee // Hans Valkyrie // Honey Adel // Kara Scarlatina
[BCOLOR=#000000]JRND (Jacaranda):[/BCOLOR] Jadori Ren // Rowan Arc // Nightingale Winchester // Daiyu Xiao Long
[/hr]

Last edited:
@Accelerator @Mollisol @Beowulf
Is there anything I can improve on Jadori? It's my first time doing a RWBY OC properly.

I think you did pretty well. If I had to say something, I'd give her personality an extra paragraph with one more dimension, a "hidden side" if you will, but she's good the way she is now. You might also check your spelling and grammar in the last three sections in particular, as there are some parts where there are errors. Overall, she seems very "RWBY"; the content is all there.

I think you did pretty well. If I had to say something, I'd give her personality an extra paragraph with one more dimension, a "hidden side" if you will, but she's good the way she is now. You might also check your spelling and grammar in the last three sections in particular, as there are some parts where there are errors. Overall, she seems very "RWBY"; the content is all there.
Thanks for the tips, I was thinking of updating that "hidden side" of her as the story progresses, it might give me some ideas of how that dimension would be described.

Reactions: Mollisol
Thanks for the tips, I was thinking of updating that "hidden side" of her as the story progresses, it might give me some ideas of how that dimension would be described.
There is something to be said for not putting the "hidden side" in the CS and giving her room to grow in the IC. It's really a matter of player preference on how detailed you want to be with it before the RP actually starts.

There is something to be said for not putting the "hidden side" in the CS and giving her room to grow in the IC. It's really a matter of player preference on how detailed you want to be with it before the RP actually starts.
In that case, then I'll update on her soon. I just need to figure how I'm going to word it.

I've finally finished editing my Character Sheet including filling out the weapon and dust sections, adding the negative aspects of his personality, and changing his semblance altogether. Hope you guys like it ^_^

I've finally finished editing my Character Sheet including filling out the weapon and dust sections, adding the negative aspects of his personality, and changing his semblance altogether. Hope you guys like it ^_^
I do like it! ^u^ he's much more fleshed out now, with the personality in particular. I'll be adding his link to the roster shortly.

With that, I'm hoping we can start Thursday night. @CasketCase @Jessica2477 do y'all think you'll be done by then?

Since I had nothing better to do, I decided to look at my character and compare him to the others to see who'd win in a fight. And I came to the realization, if Hans isn't taken care of quickly, he has the potential of one shotting anyone. Rowan especially when he uses his semblance, and if Hans survives the ensuing rush. And from what I understand of Daiyu and Honey, they're also hard hitting Huntresses. The only ones that could possibly take their time with the fight would be Kara, Jadori, and Hailey. But they are fairly frail fighters and rely on their speed and precision to win. So although his punches won't be significantly increased, they are, again, fairly frail and if he hits them, it'll hurt.

Since I had nothing better to do, I decided to look at my character and compare him to the others to see who'd win in a fight. And I came to the realization, if Hans isn't taken care of quickly, he has the potential of one shotting anyone. Rowan especially when he uses his semblance, and if Hans survives the ensuing rush. And from what I understand of Daiyu and Honey, they're also hard hitting Huntresses. The only ones that could possibly take their time with the fight would be Kara, Jadori, and Hailey. But they are fairly frail fighters and rely on their speed and precision to win. So although his punches won't be significantly increased, they are, again, fairly frail and if he hits them, it'll hurt.
Well... My attempt to make Honey a little less useful was her fighting style. The bow can also be inaccurate since it's a weapon that requires actual loading time, rather than a gun that you can just pull a trigger with. I did want Honey to be strong, but I don't want her to be unstoppable. I want enemies to be able to defeat her, but I don't want her to get beaten so bad she'll die. With her mother's level of intensity when it comes to fighting the Grymm, I only thought it appropriate to have Honey have that kind of drive instilled in her.

@Accelerator I also didn't have the chance to tell you, but I LOVE your avatar!! I loved Youjo Senki and I love that gif you have in your signature~

Having looked Honey's Combat section over again, because that's all I'm really basing this off of, she has one of the better chances of taking care of Hans. Simply because of how middle of the road she is, that's how I read it so if you meant for her to be more specialized I'm sorry. She can take a hit, she's not to slow, and she can certainly brain him with the spear. As a quick note, I decided not to factor damage taken from range into account since I doubted that'd be very fair. If he wants to use his semblance, then someone has to be hitting him, not shooting at him. So, there's a little trick you can use to beat Hans if you want. Don't get close to him. But I doubt you'd like getting shot at with an elephant gun, so skirmish at your own risk.

Having looked Honey's Combat section over again, because that's all I'm really basing this off of, she has one of the better chances of taking care of Hans. Simply because of how middle of the road she is, that's how I read it so if you meant for her to be more specialized I'm sorry. She can take a hit, she's not to slow, and she can certainly brain him with the spear. As a quick note, I decided not to factor damage taken from range into account since I doubted that'd be very fair. If he wants to use his semblance, then someone has to be hitting him, not shooting at him. So, there's a little trick you can use to beat Hans if you want. Don't get close to him. But I doubt you'd like getting shot at with an elephant gun, so skirmish at your own risk.
Well no, I did want her to be kind of an all-around character. However, there are drawbacks to the different roles she can play in combat. Also, might I ask why you're sharing this with us? As a person who strategizes against other players, I usually keep my opinions on who can take down my character a secret~ This isn't to offend you, I'm just curious~

Well no, I did want her to be kind of an all-around character. However, there are drawbacks to the different roles she can play in combat. Also, might I ask why you're sharing this with us? As a person who strategizes against other players, I usually keep my opinions on who can take down my character a secret~ This isn't to offend you, I'm just curious~
Just so y'all know, I don't foresee a lot of PvP in this, if any at all. Although hypotheticals like this can be fun.

Just so y'all know, I don't foresee a lot of PvP in this, if any at all. Although hypotheticals like this can be fun.
I didn't think so! That was also why I was a little confused @Beowulf!

@Accelerator I also didn't have the chance to tell you, but I LOVE your avatar!! I loved Youjo Senki and I love that gif you have in your signature~
Thanks ^_^ I really loved Youjo Senki too considering it is one of those action-oriented, somewhat "dark" anime in a season full of "healing" anime. I'm excited for a second season specially with how the last episode hinted that a second season is more or less already confirmed. And from the looks of it, somebody close to her age would be her next big opponent.

@Mollisol

If you want to make a consistent, animal-themed team name for JRND, may I suggest the name "Jormungand/Jormungandr". It's basically called the "World Serpent", a mythical sea serpent from Norse Mythology so large that it was able to surround the earth and grasp its own tail.

Also, i just realized that with the exception of Hailey, Team JRND has three of four kids of the members of Team RWBY lol.

I do like it! ^u^ he's much more fleshed out now, with the personality in particular. I'll be adding his link to the roster shortly.

With that, I'm hoping we can start Thursday night. @CasketCase @Jessica2477 do y'all think you'll be done by then?
Just finished, although I may go back and polish up the histories a bit more when the inspiration hits.

@Beowulf Even though I consider the siblings to be as good as each other (but with different skills) in being a hunter/huntress. The one advantage that Jadori has is tactical hits. I haven't made it clear but since she very knowledgable and skilled in Material Arts, she know where pressure points are. Jadori doesn't hit anywhere, willy nilly - there's specific areas where she hits to achieve a greater damage. Martial Artists are not the strongest fighters but they're very fast, balanced, tactical yet unpredictable when it comes to battles.

Talking about battle stats, I'm going to find one of those dnd type stats chart for my character.

Just finished, although I may go back and polish up the histories a bit more when the inspiration hits.
Wonderful, I'll look at her tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.