Dungeons Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sashral would shrug. "If we don't have enough food, I guess could hunt or somethin'. A slave ain't got no money after all." What they thought about her was true, she was tired after all. That was her first battle ever and she was bleeding, her dress was tattered, and she was panting.

Even her stance is slouching and lazy, compared to her usual strict and regulated stand. Her arms dangled instead of mechanically sticking to her side. Even the monster was showing that she had humanity in her because, despite her injury, she was laughing and smiling. "We must look like a fuckin' wreck huh? I think I'll need some new clothes if we have any bandages. I'm tempted to rip off my skirt and use it as a bandage to stop da bleedin'"

Where they were going kind of worried her. Well, going anyone worried her. Most people see her as a monster, even in control of other people. Would she have to stand outside, or would she just get killed on sight? These questions were burned into her head and would almost fade her smile away. Almost. The worry was on her also brightly smiling face. She was not smiling because she just killed, she's smiling because the pain reminded her that was she was alive.

Reactions: AAB
It was a curious scene. Grok had been about thirty feet away from the distraught girl (Serei) when her sobs had reached his ears, and he'd listened intently, pressing down on the back of his companion's neck to keep the lazy but unpredictable creature still. Then her heard hushed voices and footsteps leading away, and had discreetly followed as best as his clumsy, orcish footsteps would allow. Raef wasn't quiet at all, his massive, three-toed feet clumping through underbrush like some huge animal (which he was), though the sound was not out of place in the thick woods on the edge of the small town.

When they exited the forest, he waited at the edge until he saw them heading back into the town, and he followed again, making his way into the reasonably-sized village. He was quite curious about the bugbear. His experience among other Goblinkin had pretty much enforced the stereotype: they were brutish, evil things. He was a half-breed, so he didn't exactly fit in that group, but this Bugbear appeared to be the exception to the rule. The orc entered the town several minutes after Serei, Sashral, and their companion had...and Raef rushed through the town in hot pursuit.

Grok cursed in Draconic and gave chase, but the creature was much faster than he when it was hungry.

~~~

To the group discussing their next move inside the tavern (or outside of it, I'm still not entirely sure where you all are), they would find themselves slightly interrupted as a head the size of a horses peered around the corner or through a window at the nearest corpse. It let out a squeaky roaring sound and traipsed into view completely, revealing a man-sized beast wearing a custom-made saddle that had large bags strapped to the sides. It was a young tyrannosaurus, covered in white-and-grey down-like feathers, and making its way immediately for the nearest body and sniffing at it curiously.

(Reference for the dinosaur: Raef the T-rex

Grok's Pathfinder Character Sheet that I whipped up: Grok's CS )

(The group is now outside of the tavern, further away from the alley side of it. I think, honestly, that they're sort of in between the back part of the tavern and the location that Serei had hidden. So, they're not really close to the tavern at all... But, we'll say they are still in the back of the tavern outside, standing slightly away from the bodies of their fallen friends, preparing to leave.)

After the few comments from the others, the idea to scan for open shops as they left became the new plan - as long as they were able to slip out of town without being tagged for the deaths surrounding the tavern. They were about to move on, to check for open shops as they quickly left town, but they were suddenly stopped by a huge dinosaur like creature rounding a corner and coming towards them. Everyone reacted in their own way. Vivian shouted and backed away fearfully, hiding behind someone in her haste.

But Trae, being quite high-strung at times, quickly recovered from the initial shock and pulled out his hammer. Realizing what and why the tyrannosaurus was misbehaving, he jumped straight at it, hovering over the remains of one of their friends as if to protect their soul. "Oh, no you don't! These shells are not for snacking! You better move along and find yourself a dumpster to nibble from.!"

The huge tyrannosaurus was something she had never seen before, and it was weird as shit. Instincts took control over her and she would dip into a near bush, hiding from what she thinks is an aberration. Her breathing was heavy as she reached for her rusty spear. It probably was not enough to take down the giant beast but she would have to fight back if it feasts on her. Sashral felt a bit ashamed for leaving her masters to their fate, as far as she knows, but she was connected to the wild right now, not her slave past.

The bugbear would take a deeper breath, before slowly approaching out of the bush spear drawn. Her lips would left loose a sigh of relief as she saw Trae. It was not pointed at the beast but pointed to the sky, diagonally crossing her torso. It was a more defensive position, telling the beast he could turn before she and her friends would lay a beating on it, somehow.

When the bugbear and the drow approached, the dinosaur took a step forward. Its body bristled and it planted its feet wide, reared back, and let out a massive roar! Or, at least, it was supposed to be massive. Instead, the noise came out as a sort of lazy series of guttural chirping noises. It was already salivating, its featherless face staring hard at the two challengers for its meal. The creature noted the sharp weapons they had, and in its limited experience understood that this was dangerous prey.

Then it heard footsteps, and someone came barreling around the corner behind him. The creature visibly relaxed, confident now that it would win this fight, but before it could lunge for the larger threat (the Drow), a powerful limb wrapped around its snout.

Grok, a tall orc dressed in cloth shorts and tunic with thick fabric wraps going around his forearms, hands, ankles, and calves, grabbed the beast and wrestled its face to the ground. He then promptly sat on the dinosaur's nose, pinning its face to the ground.

Slightly out of breath, the dinosaur-sitting traveler looked over the group of assorted strangers, noting the bugbear and the child from the forest, and the covered corpses lying in the alley. A battle perhaps. He took in as much as he could before he said, in a thick, accented voice: "Sorry about the scare, me friends. But'n Raef smell food, Raef hard to control." As he spoke and observed, the dinosaur tried to tug its head out from under the orc, but the heavy creature did not allow it. The dinosaur dug its claws into the ground and pulled, but Grok just scooted along, leaning back slightly to maintain his position. After a few useless tugs, the creature plopped onto its belly and let out a loud, long whine.

Grok reached back and patted it on the neck, then stood up, keeping a hand on the beast's snout. To be more specific, the beast was about three and a half feet tall at the hip, but almost six feet in length, with a full foot and a half of that being just its head. It pawed lightly at the ground and stared at the still-warm bodies on the ground, but Grok growled low in his throat, and the creature looked skyward, as if to signal its disappearing interest. "Again, me apologies."

She would hear the guttural noises and blinks. It was all her instincts talking, still in effect from the recent battle. With a sigh, she would shake her head and come out from the bush, brushing off her worn maid dress. She was currently bleeding from her left shoulder, the scarlet liquid dripping to the dirt ground. She would huff to see a creature similar to her, an orc. However, she was taller at a whopping 7'5 and with a similar build, except with some flab. All-in-all, she looked like a pale-yellow, red-haired version of him with emerald eyes. The most striking part is her ankle fluff, which had the same color has hair color. It covered the area between her shin and her foot with no skin showing.

With a sigh, she would put her rusty pitchfork away, essentially in some make-shift sheathe. It was a hemp rope around her waist, which was tight enough to hold the improvised polearm weapon behind her. She would sigh and approach her kinda-brethren-more-likely-racial-enemy and extend her hand. "Heh. You're must be an orc huh? I've never seen any of your kind before my very eyes before. My name is Sashral Quietfeather, pleasure to meet you."

Grok grasped her forearm tightly, giving it a good, hearty squeeze, and nodded. "Ain't seen a bugbear in a town before, neither. Most folks don't like folks like us much." He then let go and said "Me name is Grok Redclaws." He waved his arm a bit and said "Long story, don't worry about it." He pushed Raef back a step then said "So this is an interestin' group ya've got here. Drow and humans and bugbears, gathered around a bunch o' bodies in an alley?"

He cocked his head a little and stared inquisitively into Sashral's face "Ya wouldn't happen to be a group o' mercenaries or warriors for higher, would ya?"

The bugbear would shrug and shake her head. "Well... I guess it's kind of like that. I'm pretty sure this is a group of travelers or something of the sort. We were attacked by these people however. I only just got here, so I have no idea WHY they attacked but they attacked, thus we killed." She would look a bit down from letting her instinctive side out like that, frightening one of them. "But I digress... It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Grok." She would reel back her hand, feeling it throb a bit in pain for the handshake.

"I guess if you want to join us, you can. I have no qualms about it." However, Sashral was only now learning how to express her opinions so she probably wouldn't have any problems with doing anything for a while.

Cresson looked outside the tavern window with sapphire hues. A crooked smile crept up on his face as he examined ,the group. That was his way outta this pisshole of a town. Aswell as Becoming that much closer to his ideal world. He knew he couldn't travel alone to dangerous and Nalya could only do so much. (his animal companion a bear if that's cool.)

His Sapphire hues darted to the tavern owner "I quit!" He defiantly tore off his aperon and snaged his rightful pay then stormed out. "Hey y'all got room for one more? I promise I can be useful! " he hated working in civilanion but the make him pay taxes for his hut in the woods and hunting wasn't paying enough. So he took up a second job as this pissholes bartender/server.

((Hideous response, I know, but trying to post something so we can get out of this town! I'm still sick as a dog... ))

Vivian returned to view when Sashral and Grok began to chat. The fear she held about the Orc cleared in seeing this; if Sashral wasn't scared, then why should she. Besides, the more they talked she noticed that he had a calm personality - not hostile like Orcs and Goblin kind she's come across before. Soon, she stepped forward to introduce herself, and the others followed - instantly accepting him in their small group.

"Well, let's move on before less hospitable people begin to show up. We don't want to be sent to the dungeons over the deaths of our friends, do we?" Markus hiked his bag over his shoulder once more and began to move down the alleyway behind the buildings; the others followed. But, before they had a chance to clear the third building, another voice caught their attention. This time, coming from an Elf.

"Hey y'all got room for one more? I promise I can be useful!"

Everyone turned to find a Wood Elf waiting behind them for a reply. Trae gasped and threw up his hands, "We lose a handful, only to fill them up again! I don't know if these are blessings or curses; but it all depends on your reasoning for leaving town with us so fast."

Vivian shook her head at the Drow, "To travel safely with friends is far better than traveling alone." She then turned to the newcomer, "If your intentions are not to harm or steal from us, then as Markus has said before, you are welcome to travel with us for as long as you need." She would, of all people, be the weary one for inviting another stranger to travel with them, but she's come to realize that it was best to get to know someone before judging them so briskly. She looked towards Markus with a nod, "Is this alright, leader?"

Markus looked towards Pieter and Trae before searching answers within the eyes of the few left who started this journey with him at the start. They all nodded in agreement - reading his mind; they needed more for safety sake. "We all agree. Welcome to our humble group, Sir. I'm Markus, and this is Pieter," who nodded his head in response. "Here is Sashral, Trae, Lady Vivian, and two new members - Grok Redclaws and his friend Raef. Of what name should we call you?"

Last edited:
Ellewyn let out a sigh as she sat in the tavern. A shiver ran up her spine as she looked out the window, seeing travelers and adventurers of the sort. Adjusting her quiver and bow, she was about to stand when a man rushed out of the tavern, asking to join the group. Ellewyn sunk back down onto her seat as she kept a watchful eye on all of the travelers. Her mind wrapped around the possibilities and benefits to joining the group, but sighed when she realized how large the group was. Surely they wouldn't allow an elf like her into the group. Raising a hand, Ellewyn raked back her honey golden hair behind sharp pointed ears. Besides, humans were much stronger than elves, meaning that her chances had slimmed down even more. It's not like she wanted to travel, but what else could she do? With all of her family dead, Ellewyn was in debt from the burden her father passed down to her. Always drinking and losing money in fist fights always resulted in her family not having enough money to pay taxes. Now, Ellewyn was all alone, training by herself, to somehow regain her life she lost. It wasn't about the money to her. Ellewyn grew up working to pay for her father, so she never got to do what she wanted. And that was to become an expert bowman.

Ellewyn put her chin on the palm of her hand as she watched the adventurers and travelers converse. She knew that the time for her to join was running out, but she was not one to walk right up to a person with deadly weapons, asking to join the already large group. Yet, there was a certain yearning in her heart to explore the vast areas unknown to her. Standing up slowly, Ellewyn took in a deep breath and bent down, fixing the cuffs of her boots. Standing back up, she walked in front of a mirror and caught a glance at her current reflection. Straight honey golden hair that went to her lower back, light golden skin and slightly large almond shaped green eyes. Running a finger along her bow string, a nervous habit, she stepped out of the tavern taking in the group up close. She cleared her throat a little and straightened her posture, holding her head a little higher. It felt strange since Ellewyn was only 19 years of age and she was trying to look tall and proud against these travelers. "Do you think there might also be room for a fellow elf?" She asked, her voice light and strong. Ellewyn hoped they would accept her, knowing it would be her last chance to do something with her life and possibly pay off her father's debt.

Grok watched two people come out of the wood-work and join the group, and he just stared, absent-mindedly patting his dinosaur friend on the snout. The man-sized tyrannosaur let out a low, sad chirping noise, and Grok sighed slightly. "No no, ya all have it wrong. I don't want to travel with you, I was just curious why there are a bunch of corpses strewn about and several armed, strange people gathered around them." He looked back up at the bugbear and smiled slightly, one goblinkin to another, and said "I wish ya all luck, though. Come Raef."

The orc turned then, steering the hungry, baby-dinosaur around, and led him away from the group and on to his own adventures.

• Thank You
Reactions: Phi Chisym
Cress brushed a strand of black hair over a pointed ear ,Before he smiles as he was accepted he knew, had to come up with a reason other then... "Oh Yea I wanna join your little escapade ,to get close to the king so I can kill ,Him ,and allow his son to take over. You know that one prince whom rips out hearts and punches little babes for crying too much." He thought to himself then came out with a answer. "Thank you for allowing me to travel with you.

I have no home in this human village ,and my little hut in the forest is beginning to become expensive. So I figured living on the road I would be better off atleast then I'll have no bonds and I will feel free once more. Cresson then stuck both his index ,and his thub in the corner of his mouth and whistled loudly. After a few minutes he stepped a good distance from the group ,and held his arms outstretched.

Then outta nowhere he's plowed
Over ,and being love mauled by an over grown grisley bear. Whom carried a large bag ,and a satle on its back. Cresson pats the bears face ,and clicks his tounge she backs off to let him stand. She grunting and roared some at him as he stood. " This is nyla and...." His sentence was cut off when he herd the woman elf speak he look toward her beginning to get Lost admiring her.

Sashral would squint her eyes at the beasts. It felt weird, yet natural at the same time. She would shrug off the feeling and laugh at it heartily before shrugging, gritting her teeth at the pain from her left shoulder. She would look among her party members and cracked a small smile. Her eyes would close and she would shake her head before looking down the road. "We're leaving now right? I think our tribe has a few mouths to feed."

Tribe. The word feels strange to come out of her mouth. While she was certainly new to the group, she was definently close to her allies back there when they fought the now rotting thugs. However, this was no time to be friendly when the first thing the guards are going to see is a drow, a bugbear, and an orc with a baby t-rex standing over the rotting corpse of what they might believe to be some militia members. Sashral would sigh and walked forward, although slowly enough that the others can easily catch up with her when they start walking as well.

Ellewyn gulped nervously and felt her proud demeanor start to fall. There were lots of tough and brutal adventurers here; would she even be able to catch up? A slight twinge of pain erupted on her thumb, causing her to suck air through her teeth. Looking down, she noticed that her thumb had split a little from subconsciously rubbing it against her bow string. She looked up when she saw a giant bear run over and topple the elf who walked out of the tavern before her. She then turned her eyes to the orc, watching him walk away. As she was looking around, she saw almost everybody had an animal companion of some sort. Clearing her throat slightly, she closed her emerald green eyes and hummed the familiar tune in her head. Opening her mouth, she slowly sang the small, foreign tune quietly. Opening her eyes, she waited. Then, she heard it. The low purr repeated her tune perfectly. Turning around, she saw her best friend slowly walking with precise strut. When his eyes met hers, he ran at her before stopping and nuzzling her face. Ellewyn ran her hands through Raspion's wild mane. Raspion was a large pure white lion with the same emerald green eye color as Ellewyn. Raspion purred with great satisfaction at seeing his friend. Elleyn let out a loud giggle and pressed her forehead against Raspion's.

With Ellewyn and Cress being added to the group, their numbers rose back up smoothly. Markus was overwhelmed, but his fear increased, for now there's more that might die from their little adventure. They needed fighters in order to stay alive - and he wasn't sure if these few newcomers and their animal companions were of such caliber - but, then again, he wasn't the best fighter out there himself. If so, his other friends would still be alive.

Sashral would squint her eyes at the beasts. It felt weird, yet natural at the same time. She would shrug off the feeling and laugh at it heartily before shrugging, gritting her teeth at the pain from her left shoulder. She would look among her party members and cracked a small smile. Her eyes would close and she would shake her head before looking down the road. "We're leaving now right? I think our tribe has a few mouths to feed."

Giving Pieter and Trae a nod, he glanced over at Sashral, understanding her anxiousness, "Yes, we are leaving. The need to move is higher now, as well as hunt. Let's get going then. We can travel until we reach Payer's Point, find a safe place to rest, and possibly night hunt for a meal in the morning." With that, Markus began to follow Sashral down the trail. Pieter followed, and Trae glance back at Vivian to check on her before he too moved on. Vivian carefully checked her things before moving forward herself, making her way towards the only other female in the group besides Sashral, who was further before them all.

"Hello Ellewyn," she smiled and nodded her head. "I'm Vivian, it's very nice to meet you, and your companion. From what parts are you from?" She spoke warmly and friendly as one who was use to conversing with Elves. Her typical life before the road placed her in the company of many races, and Elves happen to be one of the most predominate.

((I'll be doing a time bump soon, so if you're still involved, let's get them on the road. Post for your charrie and let's have fun. If you wish to hold a second charrie, PM me. I have a few I'm holding that need to stay in play for a little while longer.))

When the dinosaur appeared, seemingly from nowhere, Pieter's instinct was to put distance between himself and the creature. But he seemed inable to move, and just stared at the creature with his mouth agape. It wasn't until Sashral spoke that he had the recollection to shut it.

Pieter shook his head insistently when asked whether their group were mercenaries. They were simply travelers, and about to be on their way. And truthfully, the tailor did not want the company of the large orc or his fearsome beast. Pieter would have tried to discourage Grok from coming with them, but for the sudden appearance of another stranger. He wasn't entirely a stranger, though...Pieter recognized him as a fellow who had been cleaning tables at the inn.

Pieter nodded approval that Cresson should join them, seeing no reason against it. Then a third stranger approached, a female. Some might notice that she was an elf, others that she was well-equipped. But Pieter saw only her hair. It was long and golden, just like Tabatha's... Pieter's eyelid twitched ever so slightly. He blinked and turned away.

Pieter barely noticed when Grok and his monster left them, or when the two newcomers' pets arrived. He followed the others silently until they were out of the town.

"So the orc didn't stay," Pieter thought as he walked, "I'm glad of that, though I'm sure he would have been a strong fighter. The bear and the lion...not so fearsome as the orc's beast, but not so trustworthy as a dog. Perhaps the animals are tame, but they could be underfed, and it seems risky to sleep beside one."

Ellewyn turned her gaze to Vivian and smiled, her mood brightening from the warm welcome. "Hello, Vivian. I am a snow elf, from the South. I am very glad to be accepted." she replied, keeping a steady hand on Raspion's mane. Along with everybody else, she followed them out of the town, a little nervous about what would come for her in the future. At this point, she couldn't think about her own well-being anymore. Now, she had to look out for everybody else's and make sure they don't get hurt. "It definitely beats staying here and living a life that lacks the spark of adventure." she thought silently, looking ahead. She wasn't really paying attention and got lost into her thoughts as she followed her newly-found companions.

Cress released a solid sigh as he thought to himself. "There are an awfully large amount of people here. That would make his task at hand all the more difficult. What on earth would he do once he got to the king?" He shook his head gently before looking up from his now second space mission. He looked to the group " Could we maybe stop by my hut though loyal, and love Nyla has her faults." He said as he eyed nyla coming to the concluseion he forgot some gear. now thoroughly checked the bears saddle. "She can't speak." He said with a slight chuckle. " I've seemed to forgot some of my important gear.

Ellewyn heard as the male elf began to speak, saying he had forgotten some important gear. She couldn't help but overhear and stopped to look at him. "Important gear? Like what?" she asked, her green eyes widening slightly with curiosity. Ellewyn knew the feeling of leaving important things behind, so she thought about trying to be helpful. "If you need help, I can be of assistance to help you get your gear." she offered, receiving a nudge from Raspion as he rubbed his nose on her arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.