Dungeons Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sashral stayed quiet during the conversing. It was not that she had nothing to contribute, but did not feel like it. Like most bugbears, even those raised by her kind and not some rich noble in a mansion, she was distant and aloof. She should talk, as to make her companions feel more comfortable. Looking over to Ellewyn, there was something to talk about there. Her clothes were in disarray and her pitchfork was rusting away after all. "I-I think I could use some new clothes and a weapon. Maybe a slave collar if they want me on a tight leash."

"Why in heavens name would they want you in a slave collar??!!?" Cress shouted out in frustration and excitement. He looks to the bugbear woman. "I say we can get you some ,cloths but why would we get you a collar?" He turn his attention to Ellewyn. But still waited for a response from the bugbear. "Just my armor and what little coin I do have saved it'll get a proper spear and outfit for our large friend here." He said pointing to the bugbear. When he said Large friend.

Ellewyn listened silently as Cress shouted in frustration at the bugbear's comment. After he had finished, she shifted nervously before turning her eyes slightly to the ground. "I could still help out, if you don't mind." she said softly before raising her eyes to look at the bugbear. Ellewyn's smile became soft as she looked at her. "I agree with Cress...you don't need a slave collar. There's no reason you should have one." she said lightly, pulling her hand from Raspion's mane as she took a few steps closer to the bugbear and Cress. Ellewyn lightly began strumming her thumb once again along her bowstring as she waited for the bugbear's response along with Cress.

Sashral frowned and shook her head. She was once in a slave collar in town and people barely batted an eye at her. "I'm sorry but despite my calm demeanure, people still see us as boogeymen. If I'm not the most visible thing in the world, with a chain around my neck, they might kill me on sight. My kind has the reputation of being machines of death who can fit behind doors and under beds when we're not suppose to. Being humiliated is not good, but it's better than being dead." The large woman said it such a straight face and lack of shock that it was scary, resigned to such a fate and infamy.

Ellewyn was at a loss for words as she opened her mouth, unable to speak. Finally, she found her words. "T-That's terrible...I wish that you could walk around freely like the rest of us." she said, her green eyes widening in sadness for the bugbear. "Maybe...maybe we can fashion one instead of it being real. I mean, if you really insist on wearing one, that is what I would want for you. Especially after having a past like yours, wearing a slave collar like that would only hurt you more. Do you think it may work if we did that instead?" she asked shyly, taking a few steps closer to the bugbear, her finger plucking her bowstring at a more constant rate, eventually cutting into her skin. The pain was barely there as she had done it many times before, but she pulled her hand away in surprise before turning her gentle green eyes back to the bugbear.

"There should be no Flunking need. I,all just put and arrow in the eye of any who attempt such a thing. But really if you'd prefer I have a leash and collar I used for Nyla as a cub. So she wouldn't run away from me. They are very comfortable and gentle I had them coustmed made that way for Nyla." He looked to the bugbear hurting for her but only for a moment. How could such a pridless creature protect him if she feared people.

"Ah, that's a great idea!" Ellewyn breathed, her green eyes widening with slight excitement. Now, if she wanted to wear it, the bugbear wouldn't be so uncomfortable. "You shouldn't have to go around wearing those things anymore. At least, I believe that." she said kindly, tilting her head slightly as she smiled at the bugbear. Ellewyn could already feel herself getting close to the people here, and she wanted them to trust her without any doubts. She turned her gaze to the male elf and furrowed her brow slightly. "Where did you leave your gear? If you left it behind and need to get it, I could tag along...if you don't mind of course." she said quietly, moving her hand to her bowstring before stopping herself.

Sashral let out a relieved exhale and smiled softly at them both. "Thank you both. It's probably just a temporary thing while we build up our status as adventurers. I do not fear people at all... Just resent them while they resent me back. While I hate the collar as much as you guys, it could mean the difference between incarceration and freedom at the very least." With that, she went back to her normal personality: withdrawn and silent. It was an absolute mystery to even her.

Status
Not open for further replies.