Dragons' Uprising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Violet narrowed her eyes too. "One human against three dragons. Where's the map?" She said, her voice dripping with venom. She growled loudly, kneeling down so her snout was inches from his face, their eyes level. "Tell me.." she growled.

The king paled just as the guard had. "It's in a locked chest in my room. I don't have the key. It's with one of my soldiers." He had a look of disbelief on his face after he said that, as if he couldn't believe that he had been beaten by a few halflings. It was Elyssa's turn to laugh. "Looks like us pests have just beaten you. Who has the map?" The king gulped. His eyes told it all. She turned around with disgust and began to search the guard's pockets.

Violet stayed by the king, watching him with angered eyes. "You're going to regret your actions heavily." She said, morphing back to her human form for now. "You will pay." She still did not leave him, staring dead into his eyes. She might not have looked as threatening in human form, but she was still very vicious.

Watching Violet, Elyssa also shrank down to her human form. Then she opened the doors to her left, and smiled, looking back at the red dragon. "He's all yours, Red." Then, signaling for Vi to follow, Elyssa slipped through the doors and walked down the hall to find the guard who had the key to the chest.

Vi nodded and followed Elyssa. "By Mr." She said, waving goodbye to the red dragon. "Let's go find us a key." She said menacingly as she caught up to Elyssa.

Elyssa quickened her pace and walked down the halls. He must've modified the interior of the castle to represent a laboratory. She thought, and looked around. There were less doors than the hall that they first went down, and these doors were labeled things like "Storage" or "Guard's Quarters." The hallway was quiet, with nobody around, and the only sounds were the sounds of feet hitting the floor. She stopped at the one that said "King's Advisor." Why would he need an advisor? Elyssa put her hand on the doorknob and turned it. Inside was a room decorated to look like a medieval chamber. At a table was a man, dressed in regular clothing, bent over something he was writing.

Violet looked at the man in the room Elyssa just opened. "Knock knock knock. You have some visitors Mr." She said in a deadly, but sarcastic voice. "I suggest you be truthful." She added, letting Elyssa do her thing.

Elyssa walked in. The man stiffened and looked up. She smiled, but not in a nice way. "If you haven't guessed, we're not exactly the people you want to mess with. I would hate to have to ruin that pretty face of yours with a little flame." Elyssa said in a sweet tone. The man got a pasty look to his skin, and he rubbed his eyes. "How....How did you escape?" Elyssa walked further into the room, and the man scooted back in his chair a few inches. He grabbed something from under his desk. "Honestly, I don't think a gun will be much use. Even if you shoot me, you have my other dragon friend Vi to deal with. Now tell me who has the key." Her voice hardened at that last sentence, and there was a gleam in her eyes. The man then sighed and dropped the pistol. "The king gives the key to a different guard every day. The guards pass the key to each other when the switch duties. Even if I knew who had the key, I couldn't tell you where he is." Elyssa frowned. She looked to Vi for help.

Vi smiled sweetly at the man, but inside she held back a menacing growl. "Are you sure sweetheart?" She asked, walking silently up to the desk and setting her hands on it gently. "Because we really need to know. We won't hurt you, we just need the key, or we'll have to use force." She said in the same sweet tone. "Don't you know at least one of the guards who has had the key lately?" She had an idea. If they could find one of the guards who had the key lately, then they could trace it from there.

The man gulped. "W-well, I did see the king give the key to a guard who was in the blood testing laboratories....I don't know much after that!" Elyssa smiled, turned to Vi, and nodded. "To the labs, I guess." She turned back to the man. "Thank you for the help. Oh, and if you could be a dear, don't tell anybody about this, please."

Vi nodded. "Let's go." She patted the man sweetly on the shoulder. "Thank you. Have a nice day." She turned around and strided out of the room. When Elyssa came out, she looked both ways. "Which way is the lab? And can we play bad cop good cop? I like being good cop." She said, smiling.

Elyssa laughed and smiled at Vi. "We make a pretty good team. We could take up a job as interrogators eventually. Now let's find ourselves a key." She walked down the hall, passing by many doors until she came to one that was labeled laboratory. She opened the door without hesitation. So far she had opened doors to nothing but opposition, the advisor being the exception to that rule. But this time she stopped at what she saw inside of that room. There was a large metal table in the center of the lab, but that was the only normal thing there. There were dragon bones preserved in jars of formaldehyde, along with dragon eyes and hearts. Vials of dark red liquid sat on shelves, but that wasn't the worst thing.

At the far end of the room was a dragon egg, incubating in a large glass box. Elyssa ran towards it. She touched the glass."Red....He wasn't the last! The king has survived off of his blood because he was the last true dragon, but once this one hatches, it will be the last dragon! We still have hope! We-"

Just then there was the sound of a sliding door opening. Three guards came into the room, and they were holding guns. The kind with bullets, not tranquilizers.Elyssa felt a sudden protectiveness of the egg, and a sudden rage at the senseless killing that the king has caused. She took a step back, closer to the egg, and began to morph into a dragon. She roared and used her tail to knock the guards off of their feet before they could fire. "Vi! Grab the egg!"

"He isn't...wow.." She stared at the egg. The sudden entrance of the guards caused her to growl, but Elyssa morphed first. Violet reached forward, taking the egg gently. She stepped back behind Elyssa as so the guards could not get a clean shot. She turned her back on them towards a door. "I've got the egg Elyssa." She said. "Let's GO!" She ran towards the door, using her shoulder to break the impact and take the recoil as she busted through. The hall was empty, and the door was just large enough for Elyssa to fit in dragon form if she ducked. "ELYSSA!!" Violet yelled. "COME ON!" She had a sudden surge of fear that she would lose Elyssa, and that was not something she could deal with. She needed Elyssa's help.

Elyssa turned at Violet's voice and ducked out of the doorway, scraping her wings in her haste, then she ran, catching up with Violet. She leaned down so that way Violet could jump on her back, and ran even faster. She ran down the hallway until she came to another door, and hesitated. What about Red? But she heard the guard's shouts coming closer, and bullets whizzed over her head, spurring her into action. She burst out of two double doors, and stopped short. More guards were coming her way from the opposite direction, and her keen dragon sight spotted a key dangling from one of the guard's belt loops. "Hang on tight!" Elyssa ran towards the guards and used her body to ram into them, knocking them over like bowling pins. She then grabbed the key in her mouth, and kept on running, ignoring the guard still attached to it. She read the doors hastily as she passed, and came to a regally decorated one labeled "king's quarters." She opened that door and threw the guard inside, letting Violet get off of her back and into the door. Elyssa then wiggled her way into the door, which was considerably smaller, losing some scales in the process. She then shut the door and locked it with a sliding bolt. Then she turned to Violet. "Is the egg okay?"

Violet nodded. She had crossed her arms and ducked her head as a protective barrier over the egg, and she still had her arms crossed, but the top of the unharmed egg was visible. She glared at the guard. "Now dear, why would you want to hurt such a precious life?" She asked him sweetly, still protecting the egg. "My friend will get the map, and you'll sit there and be a goody good boy and be quiet and behave, right sweetie?" She asked, her eyes throwing daggers.

Elyssa sighed in relief. The egg was okay. The guard simply sat there and sulked. Then Elyssa recognized him. He was the man she had hit him over the head with the metal tray earlier. Elyssa shifted back into her human form and took the key from him. She flipped it in her hand. "Answer the question." She growled. The guard looked up, a bit annoyed. "I never said that I wanted to hurt the egg. In fact, I was trying to rescue it. The king has gone too far this time, and I intend to put a stop to it." Elyssa narrowed her eyes. "You're just lying to save your own hide." The guard looked at her with irritation. He got to his feet and sighed. "I didn't think I would have to do this...."

And then he turned into a dragon. The dragon was all white with dark blue wings and black horns. Elyssa's mouth dropped open and she stammered. "Bu-but.....how?" The guard morphed back into a human and sighed again. "You didn't really think that you two were the only halflings, did you? And thanks for blowing my cover." Elyssa just stared, and looked to Violet, who had the egg.

Violet stepped back from the man. "Y-y-you..b-but..that just.." She stopped trying to speak and looked at Elyssa. "Elyssa..get the map." She said, holding the egg gently. She wanted to get out of there now and she was not taking no for an answer.

Elyssa nodded, and, ignoring the man, grabbed the key and shoved it into the lock of the chest located in the corner of the room. She opened it, and immediately dropped it. Elyssa's face paled. "The-the place is HUGE! We'll never get out of there!" The man shook his head. "There's an elevator somewhere around here. That'll get you straight to the first floor, which will cut your time in half."

Violet sighed. "And after that Mr?" She asked the man, holding the egg gently and absentmindly patting it slightly.

The man shook his head sadly. "I don't know. I guess we stop the king." Elyssa's fists tightened. "But we just did! Red is probably ripping him to shreds right now!" The man only sighed. "That wasn't the king. That was a decoy. All of you are in terrible danger. We have to get out, and we need to plan a better attack." Elyssa's face paled, then she felt a sudden surge of anger. "How are we supposed to believe you?! Just because you're a halfling? I don't believe a word you say!" But deep in her heart, Elyssa knew that he was right. She didn't want to believe him, but she knew that the last king was just too easy to defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.