Dragons' Uprising

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A dec-" She stopped in mid-word. "RED!!" A flicker of possible understanding crossed her face. "The king left a decoy because he..he knew we'd escape and..they're going to kill red.." She looked at the man. "Better plan of attack?? Why don't you think of one. I say we kill anyone who gets in our escape path." She turned and faced away from them, scanning the room angrily and cautiously. "We have to get out asap."

Elyssa was about to agree with Vi, but then she stopped. "What about the egg? It's too risky to just run into battle with it, and we can't just leave it." Elyssa felt a pang of fear for Red. They had to go help him, and she was torn between protecting the egg and saving Red.

Violet stopped. "I don't know." She mumbled, now watching the egg. She looked at the man. "What do you think?" She figured having a third opinion was better than just judgement. She wanted to get out and protect the egg, but she knew leaving Red meant he would die. "Leave and protect the egg..Or saving Red from certain death?"

The man heaved a great sigh. "I could stay here and protect the egg. If anyone comes in, I'll tell them that I'm running an errand for the king. You could go save Red, and then after that you could come back and get me. We could then leave and plan a better attack. That is, if you trust me." Elyssa tilted her head to the side, considering. She had no reason to trust him besides the fact that he claimed to be undercover, and on their side. But then again...the man was a halfling, and there was no reason for a halfling to be on the king's side unless they wanted to be killed... Elyssa threw her hands up in the air with a sigh. "I trust you. What about you, Vi?"

Violet was still watching the egg. A silent chill had swept over her. She looked up at the man. Her eyes threatened him heavily as she gave him the egg as gently as possible. She turned towards the door and started away. I'm going to help save Red. And I am going to get Red, Elyssa, the man, and the egg out, and we will kill the king. The thoughts kept repeating in her head. "Let's go." She said darkly after taking four steps and turning to face Elyssa. Her whole attitude had changed.

Elyssa nodded, her eyes flicking briefly to the man, who was holding the egg. He gently put the egg in a padded basket to act as a makeshift nest. Elyssa turned and followed Violet out of the door. She morphed into a dragon as soon as she got out of the door, and looked to Violet with a seriousness that showed that she was ready. "Let's go. Remember the way back into the throne room?"

Violet nodded. "I'll morph when we get there." She growled, starting towards the throne room's direction. "And then we'll save Red."

Elyssa nodded and started to run. She went past the door to the lab and went down the hall until they got to the heavy door that would open up into the throne room. She went to open the door, but suddenly a rumble and an explosion tore the door off of it's hinges. Elyssa went flying back from the force of the explosion, and the area where the door was smoldered from the heat of the fire. Inside Elyssa could hear a ear-shattering screech of something metal, then a loud rumbling roar. Elyssa roared and ran into the room, squeezing her way through the door. There she was met with total chaos. Red was cornered in one side of the room, and many guards holding guns surrounded him. He was bleeding from several bullet wounds. Elyssa gasped. The guards would have to have very powerful guns for a bullet to pierce a dragon scale. Red's wings were torn, and a trickle of blood dripped from his mouth and nose. "RED!" She roared, and, lowering her head, charged the group of guards.

As soon as Violet stood back up she ran into the room, morphing as soon as she entered. She hit several of the guards with a large paw, slamming them into the wall. She shot a jet of water at one and he shot at the water, but the bullet bounced back at him.

Elyssa ran to aid Red, knocking over guards with her claws. Suddenly she heard a loud noise, and then she felt an impact on her shoulder, followed by searing pain. Elyssa roared and turned to see that one of the guards had shot her. She shot a torrent of flame to blind him, then pounced on him and broke his back. Elyssa didn't feel a shred of remorse for the man she just killed, and instead turned to see if Red was okay. Suddenly more guards came out of the doors, this time holding long tasers that sparked with electricity. Elyssa suddenly felt an electrical shock from one, and she quickly whipped around, her tail knocking three over. Elyssa felt rage and worry at the same time. This was much more dangerous than the last time. Elyssa heard the sound of an crossbow firing and jerked her head back just as an arrow whizzed past the spot where her head used to be. She roared and breathed a jet of fire towards the man, incinerating his weapon, but just as before, the fire glanced off of the man himself as if it was air. Violet had more luck because of the pressure of the water that she had, so she could damage men with her water, but fire didn't have the same pressure, so flame was practically useless. But then Elyssa saw the charred remains of the crossbow. Then Elyssa knew what the fire could be useful for. The men forgot to fire-proof their weapons. Elyssa spun around and breathed fireon another man, aiming for his weapon. The gun heated up so much that the man instantly dropped it and tried to cool his burnt hands. The smoldering gun lay at his feet, useless. Suddenly Elyssa felt a burst of pain coming from her wing as a bullet passed though the membrane. She hissed in pain and quickly retaliated.

Violet tried her best to fight them off when an idea came to mind. She shot a jet of water at the guards with the electricity. There was a loud buzz and they fell. "Electric shock." She growled, avoiding an arrow and swiping another two guards off their feet, dropping them on their heads. "Go! We can't fight them all off, you're worse." She said to Red. "We'll cover you." She was standing in front of him, keeping the guards away. She stepped on a few of them.

Red nodded and Elyssa opened the door for him. He walked out onto the hallway, and Elyssa had an idea. "Vi! Come here!" Elyssa waited for Vi to come into the hallway, where she took a large pole that had fallen from the ceiling. She closed the door and slid the pole into the handles so that way the guards couldn't get out. "Let's go." She said, and then she started to run down the hall. They kept on going until they reached the king's quarters. She opened the door....And stopped cold in her tracks. The man was in there with the egg, but he was looking down at his feet, defeated. The king-the REAL king- was in the room, holding the egg, a victorious smile on his face. Elyssa started to try to get into the room, but the king stopped her. "Take one more step and I'll crush the egg." The king warned. Elyssa growled at him, fury building on the dark features of her face. Her eyes spoke murder, but she didn't move otherwise.

Violet's tail threw the closest guards to the ground as she left the room. She nodded at Elyssa's idea and followed to the King's quarters. What she saw made her heart freeze and her eyes gleam with blood. "Put the egg back in the basket.." She growled. "Gently."

The king laughed. "You think I'll just hand it over, just like that? I am-" Suddenly Elyssa lunged forward, and the sudden movement made the king stumble backwards. He fell, and the egg flew up in the air. The man suddenly jumped up and caught it. Elyssa hadn't realized that she was holding her breath when the egg went up, and she breathed out a sigh of relief. All attention was directed towards the egg, and while that happened, the King had vanished. Elyssa looked around to see that the King had opened up a secret passage in the floor, and that he was running down the stairs. "Catch him!" Elyssa cried, and started to run into the passage. The man ran beside her, carrying the egg in the basket.

Violet followed after on all fours, her slender dragon flame dashing quickly after him. "Where'd he go?!?" She growled loudly from behind the others.

Elyssa pursued the fleeing figure deep into the dungeons which led underneath the castle. The king ran until he hit a dead end in a room. There he turned around, but instead of a look of fear, Elyssa saw a smirk. "Gotcha." He said, and then pulled a remote from his pocket. He flicked a switch on it with his thumb, and a cage suddenly dropped from the ceiling, landing on the three dragons with a clang. The cage locked with some spikes that came out of the ground, so that way the dragons could not escape. He strode up to the furious dragons with a smirk, and clasped his hands behind his back. Elyssa lunged at the bars with her claws, trying to break the cage, but the metal was solid. She roared and shot a flame at the man, but the fire never made it through the bars of the cage. "I fireproofed the cage too. There's nothing you can do to harm me." Then he laughed. Elyssa looked at Violet. "Well, actually, we do have something that might harm you. Is your cage water-proof?" The king stopped smiling and looked at the three dragons, trying to figure out what Elyssa was talking about. "I thought so. Violet? If you would be so kind as to show this king how much pressure is behind one of your jets of water."

Violet's growl echoed around the room. She only smiled when the King realised his trap was useless. She took a deep breath and shot a very concentrated jet of water at the bars. They buckled and snapped, the water hitting the king and making him slide backwards a bit.

Elyssa immediately pounced on the king then. She growled, and was about to take a deep breath so that way she could incinerate him, but Red stopped her. "Wait. You three. Get out of here, and I'll meet you outside. I'll make sure that the king never is a harm to us dragons again. I'm going to have him call off all of his men, and all of his dragon hunters. I'll be fine." Elyssa reluctantly got off of the king, and turned to Violet. "Okay, Violet. I guess we should try to find that map." Elyssa was obviously disappointed, but she didn't let that stop her from doing her duty.

Violet stared at Red for several moments, but nodded. "Be safe, Red." She said softly before starting back to the room. "It's in the quarters, isn't it?"

Elyssa nodded and began to go back the way she came, back through the passageway. She noticed things about the passageway that she hadn't noticed before. Dark, red stains on the walls, a dank odor that smelled like mildew and moisture, deep scratches going down the sides of the walls as someone was being dragged down into the dungeon. This is a place where people went to die. She realized with a shiver. She finally stopped at the king's chambers, and shifted back into her human form. She grabbed the map, and read it top to bottom before plotting out a course. She looked back to see the man walking behind her with the basket in his hands. "Vi, could you take the egg from him? He's being a little too reckless with the basket." The man looked surprised, but shrugged and let Vi take it from him. "How did you get the egg from him, anyway?" In fact, Elyssa had asked herself that question already. Where did the egg go when Violet used her water to break out of the cage? Elyssa felt a grudging respect for the man's fast reflexes; this was the second time he had caught the egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.