Dragonball: Æther

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Dapper Mog

Original poster
A Dragonball themed rp, taking place in an alternate universe, as such, there will be similarities, with key differences. Our story will begin following young martial artists, brought together through destiny to become the pupils of a wizened martial arts master. He will teach them to become more than they could have imagined, while also bestowing upon them mystical secrets beyond mortal comprehension. Meanwhile, an evil force looms in the distance, bringing a crimson colored horizon and threats of a destructive force the Earth has seldom seen.

I'm looking for a group here, and already have a couple of friends interested in playing the two students. However, with more interest, I'd be happy to have another master be involved with additional students, to allow for a rivalry sort of deal. Additionally, I'd be happy to have guess play characters for plot purposes. The story will begin in what is essentially the beginning of Dragonball, when the power scale was still very low. Over time, we will get through the initial Dragonball power scaling, and likely brush into very early Dbz.

As such, if you want to play anything other than a human, I will kindly request that you reconsider. If you have a decent idea for how a Saiyan is on Earth without trying to conquer it or being super powerful, I'll consider it. Same goes for Namekians. This is essentially Universe 3 of the Canon, so, alternate versions of the original cast and events should be expected, and is welcome.

If you've any questions or just want to show interest, feel free to say so. Thank you for reading. :)

Note:

The rp has technically started, but, I'm still accepting more players. I will also always be accepting cameo characters at certain intervals.

Prologue:

Two aspiring martial artists come together when entering a fighting competition with a wondrous prize, promising to give the winner a chance to become a true great in the world of martial arts. The fighters must compete for the prize, all while unbeknownst to them, trouble grows in South City, as an organization of troublesome individuals seek the power to dominate the city, with ever increasing the scope of their nefarious goals.

Name:

Master Renshu

Played by:

The Dapper Mog

Appearance:

a466219eeaccd361cda13ccd03e35fa8.jpg

Information:

Ichigo Renshu was once a world renowned and generally respected member of the martial arts world. He and his former rival made names for themselves in competitive fighting, while going their separate ways in their world views. Renshu believed in helping people when he could, while also seeking constant self improvement over victory. His rival on the other hand, cared only for victory and the pursuit of greater power. Because of this, the last tournament Renshu fought in was his last. After an underhanded defeat at the hands of his former friend, he began to live a life of solitude, honing his craft while living in piece.

Name:

Level: (Start at 1.)

Appearance:

Attributes:

Distribute 42 points among the following. A score of one is base, anything lower is bad. Attributes will be directly attached to what skills you can have.

- Strength: (Physical Strength and damage)

- Speed (Base character speed)

- Intellect (Determines ow wise and intelligent you are)

- Growth (Determines the rate in which you grow stronger)

- Stamina (Determines how much damage you can withstand)

- Power (Determines Strength and damage of energy based attacks)

- Ki (Determines how much Ki you possess)

Skills: You may begin with one skill. I will provide a list of available options and their requirements. This list will expand throughout as others are unlocked.

Techniques:

Personal Description: Just give us a little info about what your character is like.

History: Provide a short background for your character. I will use the two to create a profile for your character in the cast list.

Hidden Potential

Requires: Growth 10

This skill allows your character to grow more quickly through training, and also grants access to a transformation skill later on. Upon each level up you receive an additional three points to distribute.

Zenkai

Requires: Saiyan

When you recover from near death, you gain three stat points to distribute.

Regeneration

Requires: Namekian

You can regenerate lost limbs if struck by a technique with the "slicing" trait.

Copycat

Requires: Intellect 10

You have a chance to learn a technique by simply observing it. This can trigger every time you see the technique. Some techniques cannot be copied.

Second Wind

Requires: Stamina 10

Once per fight, you can recover your Stamina and Ki, allowing you to fight longer.

Just stick to being fair and you'll be fine.

Have fun

Techniques will have some special qualities.

Charge: Charge techniques can be charged to increase damage.

Slicing: Slicing techniques are capable of cutting off limbs.

Piercing: Piercing techniques can puncture defenses and enemies alike.

[/spoilers]

Last edited by a moderator:
Should probably post my interest.

Name: Daisun Kizuko

Level: 1

Appearance:
0f77c460e2bac00d766dc4cbdb5ac89c.jpg

Attributes:

- Strength: 10

- Speed: 10

- Intellect: 1

- Growth: 16

- Stamina: 10

- Power: 1

- Ki: 1

Skills:

Hidden Potential:

This skill allows your character to grow more quickly through training, and also grants access to a transformation skill later on. Upon each level up you receive an additional three points to distribute.

Techniques:

Personal Description:
-Fighting spirit
-Kind Hearted
-Rash Nature
-Sarcastic
-Humorous
-Silver Tongued

History:
Daisun was has carried a fighter's spirit ever since he watched his mother, Ritsu Kizuko, compete in a martial arts tournament. His father, Utsui Kizuko, was a man that wished to chase his glory of becoming a world renowned fighter, and promised to return home one day and show how much of a hero he was to his son. His mother decided to teach him the school of martial arts so that he too could prove how much growth he attained during his father's absence. It was the day of the 10th anniversary martial arts tournament, that Daisun wanted to go and watch the event. It changed his life for lack of better term as he bore witness to such elite fighters and his heart ached to one day be in that world. His mother may have lost to other great competition but the lesson he learned while he was there was quite fascinating.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dapper Mog
Name: Tekkan Okanao (Human name) Raza (Sayain name)

Appearance:

4040709f2f5d1c33e37b2dcea75c9b73.jpg

Attributes:

- Strength: 9

- Intellect: 5

- Growth: 14

- Stamina: 8

- Power: 2

Skills:

Zenkai
When you recover from near death, you gain three stat points to distribute.

Techniques:

Personal Description:
- Loves to fight
- Is a kind person
- Can joke around
- Serious when it comes to training

History:
Raza is a saiyan from the planet Vegeta, he came from a mid-class warrior family on the planet. His parents were eventually forced into exile after they failed on a mission. Raza was going to be taken from them, so before they were sent away, Raza was sent in a ship to the planet earth. The thought that he would be safe there. Raza crash landed on earth and was found by and older couple named Ryoku and Myata Okanao, The couple had never had kids of their own so they decided to take Raza in as their own. They decided to call him Tekkan and he lived as their son. Tekkan showed early signs that he would be a great fighter. His "father" Ryoku competed in the worlds martial arts tournament when he was younger and started training Tekkan. Eventually his father could teach him no more and has sent him off to train with a master. Tekkan does not know that he is a saiyan and his tail has been cut off.

Name: Basil Leafall

Race: Human

Appearance:
20080101149_copy_by_kodama_sama-d5xzpax.png

Attributes:

- Strength: 5

- Intellect: 10

- Growth: 18

- Stamina: 5

- Power: 2

- Ki: 2

Skills:
Copycat
You have a chance to learn a technique by simply observing it. This can trigger every time you see the technique. Some techniques cannot be copied.

Techniques:

Personal Description:
- Quick witted
- Loves to annoy people especially his friends
- Hard worker
- Want to do the right things

History:
Basil comes from a low ranking fighter, his father is a retired fighter which never made to the round of 16 and currently a farmer while his mother is a nurse working at the local hospital. Ever since he was young, he couldn't take his eyes off ring, he always found that the ring always call him. Basil did enroll once to a martial art school but then rejected due to his "low aptitude" stated by the principal. Unwavered by the fact that he was untalented at martial arts, instead Basil begun to train on his own without his parent knowledge. Everyday he would train around the mountain near his house and try to replicate various fighter's technique in the martial art tournament that he saw.

Thank you for joining, Mate!

An intro post is up for you guys. The point here is that your characters can approach the island, if their goal is to meet the once famous martial artist. If not, we'll work out a way for your character to be brought into it.

Link to IC

Last edited by a moderator:
You sure are, mate. Do you understand what we're doing here so far? If you have any ideas or questions, feel free to ask or share here in the OOC. ^_^

Reactions: GreenSea
You sure are, mate. Do you understand what we're doing here so far? If you have any ideas or questions, feel free to ask or share here in the OOC. ^_^
Yup just to make sure I'm accepted hehe

Yup of course it was! I'll hopefully get something up tonight if not then definitely tomorrow.

I'm interested, but what roles are open? Should I make a student, master, or alien?

You are free to make a potential student.

I should add that the kids will be competing to become pupils of Renshu. Any who aren't accepted as his pupils are free to become rivals of the other students. If requested, I could actually make another master for them to train under. Haha

As far as aliens and such go, I feel that I'd rather them not be involved yet. We're in the earliest stage of Dragonball.

Reactions: GreenSea
Name: Moku Sun

Appearance: [spoili]
kenshiro_nishimura_style_by_kandoken-d2yqmny.jpg
[/spoili]

Attributes:

Distribute 42 points among the following. A score of one is base, anything lower is bad. Attributes will be directly attached to what skills you can have.

- Strength: 25

- Speed: 6

- Intellect: 1

- Growth: 1

- Stamina: 7

- Power: 1

Skills: None

Techniques:

Personal Description: Strong, Disciplined, Mother Complex, Impressive Physique, Stylish Hair, and Compassionate.

History: Ever since he was a young boy, Moku was attracted to boxing, martial arts, and any form of sports violence. He trained everyday at the start of 5 in order to make himself ready for a mentor. His father is a fisherman, who loves boxing as well, so those two would often spar together. Meanwhile, his mother is the CEO of a company, and barely spent any time with Moku. Now at the age of 34, Moku is seeking a mentor in order to hone his skills to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.