Dragon Riders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damian watched the girl go and was about to be on his way too until he heard another voice behind him, he turned and behold there was what it looked like to be another survivor from the plane coming right towards him. 'No, ignore the female. Night is nearly upon you and I won't save you because of your stupidity,' the voice growled in his mind. 'I just can't leave someone, so can it!' Damian retorted back then fully turned toward the girl approaching him, "Uh, hello? Nice night for a walk isn't it?" he joked trying to bring some humor into the dreary situation.

Night was falling, the sun painting purples and reds and oranges across the sky. Alex had found rather soon that Alamuerte acted as a furnace, and as such he was now curled up within her grip. Their eyes closed, both fell into the sweet embrace of sleep.

A boy. A running boy. Running from the men in suits, running from the woman in rags, running from the bug-infested house, away from the abuse, away from the confusion. Away from family. Now he's a teenager. His hoodie spread, bags of various powders, pills, and syringes. A potential buyer pulls a gun, which is turned on him. A body on the ground, not his. Running from the suits and the pigs. Now he's an adult, 26. Caught in a gang war. He pulls the gun this time. 2 men fall first. His gun jams. He pulls a knife, and stabs the third. Stabs him. And stabs him. And stabs him. Not dead enough. Running from the law itself, from everything. On a plane, running, voice in his head, fire, pain. The feds, the gangs, the druggies, the men in suits, the woman in rags. They all left him running. They all left him alone.

White among black. Mother's disdain. Egg falling, cracking on tall-rock, smashing on hard-dirt. White squalling. Mother ignore. White hunted. White frightened. White hides. White survives. White alone.

He awoke around 12:00, judging from the position of the moon in the sky. It was more than a dream. It was memory. Muerte was still asleep, but shuddering, which was strange considering the heat in this joint. "Shh, little lagarto. When you wake, the world will be a better place. Shh." He thought a little more. "Daddy's here." For what else was he? Alamuerte (for that was her name now, no matter what she may have been) still shuddered, but relaxed under his touch and soothing words. And in this, he realized something: How many people were on that plane? Why didn't he feel anything for them? Because he didn't care. Alamuerte was all he needed. She was his apparent friend, his companion, his pet, hell, his daughter, for who else was? Her mother abandoned her. She was his to take care of now. For once, he had someone, something to take care of, something to love and to be loved back by. The spot he rubbed was getting warmer. "Pequeño lagarto Silencio, porque el mundo será más feliz cuando estás despierto." Hush little lizard, for the world will be happier when you awake. His hand was glowing. For once, he wasn't running. For once, he wasn't alone. And he blacked out in the sudden flash of light.

Last edited by a moderator:
Velinda shot him through the ocean, down against the depths. Again, he no longer had to worry about pressure change, air or need to close his eyes. He had a death grip on her scales that only her herself could break. With his face against her scales, he had his eyes glued shut, Come on Andrew, open your eyes and see the ocean! "No!" Please, I promise I won't hurt you! I promise on my life! Andrew sighed and opened his eyes, slowly lifting his head off her scales and gasped. The entire beauty of the ocean was before her, gliding past her wings. He saw the schools of fish and coral, the brightness of the ocean all open by the sea life. HE could feel the water shift as hunters came around it, taking off and swimming away. There were trenches and everything he could imagine. He felt the touch of the ocean and felt life go through him. He couldn't handle it all at once, and he shook in ecstasy. The kiss of ocean life was part of his his bond with Velinda, and she was sharing this with him. IT was all the things he imagined and even more, and he knew this now. It wasn't just the live creatures, but the darkness and love and life and vibrancy of everything that was coming into him, and shooting through his veins. IT was amazing. It was incredible. Velinda laughed in his mind and cackled, her mind melding into hers.

"Non parli italiano? Che vergogna." Veneranda shrugged with a worriless smile. "Not a problem, I speak English."

Her thoughts in a happier place now, she took the boy's hand and shook, then amicably kiss both of his cheeks. "Ciao, ciao, my name is Veneranda Nascimbeni. Your friend, he hears voices, si?" Veneranda nodded and continued. "So I'm not the only one. It was kind of frustrating at first, hearing this stupida voce. But it's refreshing to know I'm not the only one. This island's quite strange, as if all of these dragons weren't a sign of it."

Veneranda's dress and hair was dry by now, the darkness fallen. She opened her bag to get her brush and get the tangles out of her hair. "Cazzo, the saltwater isn't very good for hair." Small talk.

They landed in a clearing close to some of the people that had been on the plane and...they had dragons too!

"You didn't tell me there were others, well besides the water one I saw before you came." She looked around at them all now a bit shyly worried that she wouldn't be accepted among them. After all, she was a stow-away on the plane.

Silia started to breath faster, eratically. Dragons weren't supposed to be real! The low hum before the voice of the beast could be heard, Are you afraid of me rider? Silia jumped and looked up at him--at least, she hoped it was a him. "N-no! Just, taken aback, that's all." She said, shaking. The beast lifted it's head and let out a hot breath of air. It turned around and wrapped it's snake like tail around Silia, lifting her to his head, across his body.

He set her down on her back and a second later, tore through the forest. Silia was too shocked to speak or scream, she just held onto to dear life. The dragon kept picking up speed when tore through the trees out onto the beach, where he took no time to jump and flap his massive wings. They were up in the air and ever climbing. You were chosen by me, to becoming my rider. BaneFyre explained.

"R-Rider? What does that mean?"

Instead of answering, BaneFyre swooped lower and then higher in the air. Silia's eyes widened as she looked around at the ground. It was amazing, being up here.​

Damian simply nodded while Veneranda was talking,slowly following the conversation while the voice in his head continued to tell him to just ignore her, he then ran his fingers through his own hair "Yeah, I have a feeling my hair is going to be spikey in the morning," he sighed. "Oh, I'm Damian, nice to meet you. Wait....dragons? Though I guess that would explain the unusual roar I heard earlier," he commented and then leaned against a coconut tree. 'Does that mean you're a-', Damian started but was immediately interrupted by the voice, 'Yes.'

Veneranda nodded. "Mhm. they seem docile enough, though, considering we haven't been eaten yet. Or maybe they're erbivores. No, actually, that's probably not it. But they're smart, too." Sharing observations seemed like a great way to preserve sanity on this island, so she went about it, expecting him to add in any observations she missed. "There's a feeling in the air like presagio, like something bad's going to happen - although, things seem pretty good so far."

"Thou speaketh of the Darkness. Tis a draconian affliction. I shall tell you more when we meet."

Velinda smirked and shot to the left, banking with her wing so that they slid down further towards the ocean floor, Andrew, we should meet up with the others soon. But as for right now, I will show you one more thing that you want to see! Andrew blinked, still not used to having her speak inside his brain. He nodded and slid down a little lower on her back so that she could dive without him flying off, and he laughed finally. This was incredible to him now, once he got over the fear. He was riding on the back of a sea serpent, he couldn't believe it! He watched as she dove further down, only making him more excited. Her desent took them to an old cave where quartz glimmered off the walls, There is some long and boring name but this is called the Glimmering Cave to me, instead of the long and weird name! The cave was long, but it barley let her squeeze in. The quartz was shimmering in the small bit of light reflecting off her scales, and the crystals gave off the impression of being inside a snowstorm. The fish inside were dark, so they showed up perfect. It looked like someone had taken a finger and pushed down into the rock, and leaving behind the stuff on the sides. He laughed and looked over to it, "Incredible!" He yelled to her, holding onto her scales.

Alas, we need to return to the surface, she sighed, By the way, do I have to be all oh I'm wise and powerful so I'm boring and old and gonna talk in old english and all that stuff blalalabah! Andrew laughed and patted her neck, "No, just speak normally!" With that happy thought, they started to share a quiet moment under the waves.

As Luna walked deeper into the jungle feeling around her to make sure she didnt run into a rock or tree, man she hated not having her walking stick but she left it in the plane. She suddenly stops sensing a large being a few yards in front of her, she hears the voice in her head once again. "Ah you have made it my rider, now I shall heal your wounds, stay still it will be painful but you'll have to bear with it." A image flashes through her mind, its an image of herself being looked down upon by a tall creature, God I look like hell, I hope he's telling the truth. She nods slightly "Okay go ahead, I can take it" she hears a deep chuckle from him "I admire your bravery im glad I chose you Luna, you will be a fine rider for me".

The sapphire blue dragon with blood red eyes and black spikes running down his back and tail leaned his massive head down so he was within a feet of being face to face with Luna. She could smell his breath, surprisingly enough it wasnt bad, not good but not bad. Theres a low rumble that comes from deep within the dragon right before he blows dark blue fire over Luna, it doesnt harm or burn her as it washes over her. Instead it pulls out all the pieces of broken glass from her body and starts closing up her wounds. Luna couldnt help but whimper from the pain, it was intense but she could feel her wounds healing. After about 30 seconds the dragon stops closing his giant maw all the glass that had been embedded in her was now on the ground to the side of her. Luna collapses onto the ground panting shaky and pale, but her wounds were all healed now. She was still weak from her blood loss though "Th-thank you....Your a dragon arent you?" her voice is breathless

After settling to the ground and things began calming down without anyone speaking to her, the adrenalin began to wear off and Tam began to notice for the first time all the aches and pains in her body. Oh man, I'm gonna be stiff and sore in the morning! She noticed several largish bruises were already growing rather dark on her legs and arms, probably from being tossed around like a frog in a blender in the luggage compartment. Thankfully nothing was broken and she had only received minor cuts and abrasions from glass and the like.

"What are you doing?" She asked as she noticed the dragon was humming or purring, she couldn't decide which it was but it was definitely mesmerizing.

It is an old tune I know, I sometimes enjoy hearing it, does it bother you? Straneth stopped and lowered his head to her so as to see Tamara better as she answered him. The girl had been leaning against his side dozing off to the melody and suddenly woke as if startled, blinking rapidly. Looking around quickly and then back to the dragon's head looming next to her, the false bravado took over again.

"I...I'm fine, just a bit sleepy, I guess." With that she yawned into a balled fist and stretched a bit expecting it to hurt, but it didn't. Rubbing her eyes and blinking to wipe away the disbelief Tamara looked at her legs and arms and gasped. All of the cuts, bruises and scrapes... even some older scars were... gone! Her headache from where she had hit it in the compartment was even gone and she felt like she had had a full nights rest too! "Did you do this?!" She asked in amazement.

Yes, you seemed to need it. Today will be a busy one, you need to be at your best for it. It was a rather cryptic remark and again Straneth wouldn't elaborate.

As they flew, Silia clung onto the large spikes on BaneFyre's back. "W-Where are you taking me?" She asked, stuttering due to the cold that she felt. They were very high up in the sky.

Around. You will see. He stated and flew faster, almost causing her to fall.

As they flew around, she could see that the island was huge. A large opening on the ground revealed a massive hole in the ground. That is where BaneFyre tore down. Silia screamed suddenly, "What are you doing?!"

The darkness will be your safety! He said as he entered the massive cave. It was big enough for his wings to be fully outstretched. His whole body was moving smoothly, and soon they began to slow down. They landed on the rocky land below and he bent down. She slid off of them and almost fell over. "What is this place?" She looked around. It was cooler down here, but as she stood next to him, she could feel the heat radiating off of him.

My home. He said, looking up at the opening.​

"They're also very bossy," he joked before staring up at the sky and watching a shooting star swoop across the sky. A grin inched its way across Damian's face as he also felt the atmosphere around the island, "I agree, but it feels like soon things are going to get interesting," he commented then turned to look back at Veneranda.

The young drake let out a small laugh, he picked a very unusual rider indeed. "Let's see if you have what it takes to survive rider," Grimmjaw yawned then curled up in his cave while he watched his soon to be rider from a large crystal imbedded into the cave wall.

"So you do hear them! I knew it, you fibber!" Veneranda joked, referencing hearing his voice earlier. "It's okay, I guess that just means we're all crazy. Does your big, dumb lizard want to meet you? Mine's just flying overhead somewhere and making me wait. I hate waiting." She giggled thinking about Scherzo before looking at the mostly sunken wreckage. "I can't believe it's already been so long since it happened, though. You mind if I run with you for awhile?"

The dragons seamed to be gathering in the clearing close to the plain wreck. Tamara frowned as she realized that they were probably being 'set up' by them. Why did the dragons want riders anyways? They obviously had been doing without them for some time, so why now?

Silia looked at the large dragon, "Why did you choose me?" You fit with the darkness. He said plainly. She still didn't know what that meant, but before she could ask anything else, the Dragon stood and swooped her up onto his back again. He jumped and ran up the walls, exploding into the night air. He unfurled his wings and flew to where the other dragons started to gather.​

Velinda looked at him and a thought came to min, Rider, Andrew, let's surprise them! We should burst out of the water spewing water and looking like the god of all undersea life has come to bless them! Andrew thought for a second and nodded, "Sure Velinda, if you can pull it off!" With that, the sea dragon unfulrled her wings and they shot up through the waves, and they were speeding towards the bay by the sunken wreckage.

Damian laughed, "Sorry about that, I really didn't want to let on that I could hear an overgrown gecko talking in my head," he felt a small sharp pain as the dragon struck out in his mind. "Yeah, it was one hell of a crash. Sure you can come with me, being with someone is better then being alone," he replied as a slight look of sadness appeared in his eyes but was gone moments later, replaced by a grin.

"Molto bene! Pleased to make your acquaintance, Damian! Tell me, where do you go? You do seem to be in a rush." Her observation seemed accurate, considering his hurried movements before she stopped him for a conversation, as well as his ever-changing expression. "Si figuri, just don't mind if I tag along, eh? We can talk on the way. Your drago is probably waiting for you in its hole." With that, Veneranda nodded, smiled, and bounded up behind Damian. "Lead the way, direttore!"

Tamara was getting hungry, she wished she had eaten something before she had stowed away but the opportunity hadn't presented its self to her at the time. Her tummy growled like a monster about to erupt from a cave and she sighed.

Why didn't you tell me, I should have known. Straneth shook his head and lumbered off into the jungle leaving his rider standing alone on the beach. She knew he wouldn't go far, she just knew. If he was up to something interesting it was lost on her and her growling stomach, she started to look around for possible edibals but before she had gotten to far her dragon came back and dropped some roots, a lizard and a couple of round red squishy fruits in front of her.

"Woah! thanks!" Everything but the lizard disappeared almost immediately and between the two of them, a stick and a couple of puffs of fire later she was working on it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.